Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ryde posted:

I've always found it hard to believe in signature matching as an authentication method. My signature changes a decent amount between writings, depending on factors like how fast I'm trying to go.

It is literally just a way for R's to throw out votes they don't like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Almost certainly close enough to tell them "That signature doesn't match you have to throw it out! " over and over.

That's exactly it, during his press conference yesterday Giuliani listed a bunch of things that they couldn't get close enough to verify, signature being one of them.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Remember back in one of the 2016 presidential debates, Trump was always, like, weirdly stalking behind Hillary whenever she was speaking because Trump thought it would intimidate her?

He wants that but towards people counting votes.

Oh I get it he thinks that that Onion article was a playbook for how to behave.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

berserker posted:

The clincher is if the percentages hold. I'm not so convinced. I just don't see how anyone can guarantee that just because someone got X% of votes in one batch that they'll get the same % in the next batch, and so on. I'm not going to count my PA chickens until they have hatched.

Analogy time: Imagine a deck of playing cards. Now say that I remove half of the cards from two suits of the same color and then shuffle the deck thoroughly. You cut the deck in half and look at one of the halves. It contains approximately two black cards for every red card. Now, is it possible that all of the black cards got put into that one half and the other half is entirely red? Technically, yes. Is it likely? Not even remotely so. You can reasonably extrapolate that the other half will be mostly black cards too, even if you have to physically check that half to be "sure".

That's what's happening in Pennsylvania. The mail-in ballots are not pre-segregated by vote or first-come-first-counted or anything like that. Each county is basically just counting up the ballots in a whatever-batch-we-grab-next sort of way. So there's no reason to assume there's a huge switch coming or that they only counted the Biden votes first. We can reasonably predict that since the counties in question are traditionally Democrat, that there will be more democrat votes. And since a good chunk have been counted and hold steady around a specific ratio, there's no reason to think that ratio won't hold beyond pure anxiety.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Vorik posted:

Yes. AZ and NV are going to be extremely close by what we know so far. Biden's best path is through PA now. Might be his only one.

Isn't AZ done, Biden leads by 60k and they are counting mail in votes.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

BonoMan posted:

It is literally just a way for R's to throw out votes they don't like

Yah but I mean in general. So much of our system depends on signatures being a predictable way of ensuring that someone has agreed to something, and I really doubt that its all that reliable.

MRLOLAST posted:

Mail in votes in AZ for the remaining counties have an overall Trump lean.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

MRLOLAST posted:

These mail-ins are weird and aren't as Biden leaning as the rest.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

THE ELECTION IS NOT A BIG TRUCK. IT’S A SERIES OF TUBES

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

ryde posted:

I've always found it hard to believe in signature matching as an authentication method. My signature changes a decent amount between writings, depending on factors like how fast I'm trying to go. Im curious what the science behind it is.

Sometimes when I sign my signature I include my middle initial, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I used my married last name and sometimes I use my bachelor last name. I have no consistency, but they will use that to throw out ballots if they can. The only reason I know I got it right this year is because I absentee voted same day in person so I signed both the application and the ballot within five minutes of each other.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

ryde posted:

Yah but I mean in general. So much of our system depends on signatures being a predictable way of ensuring that someone has agreed to something, and I really doubt that its all that reliable.

Yeah it's ridiculous. I've had a couple of jobs that have asked for a signature and when I give mine... which is more like a doctor's signature they're like "uh... no... just your name in cursive." and I'm like "if a signature is supposed to be a unique identifier...you're asking for the opposite."

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Anybody making the rounds in chud circles to gauge the reactions? If I had to guess from what's posted here, I'd assume the current mood would be 0% doomposting and 100% THEY'RE STEALING IT KILL THEM

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

Push El Burrito posted:

These mail-ins are weird and aren't as Biden leaning as the rest.

How have the ratios been? Earlier today I read Trump would need a ~60% advantage on the mail-ins to catch up

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

SexyBlindfold posted:

Anybody making the rounds in chud circles to gauge the reactions? If I had to guess from what's posted here, I'd assume the current mood would be 0% doomposting and 100% THEY'RE STEALING IT KILL THEM

I saw tons of doomposting on /pol/ yesterday. Especially since they had a bunch of threads about betting life savings on Trump the day before the election.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

I've been thinking about this a little bit and, regarding signatures, what's going to happen when everyone's signature doesn't match jack poo poo that's on file due to the preponderance of digital signing pads? Those things look different every loving time and have actually forced me to simplify and sort of change my usual signature. The little ones especially have scratches all over them and can really garble what you're trying to write.

Also, my signature has (d)evolved and changed considerably over the years since I'm not a robot and also because sometimes I'm in a loving hurry or something.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

MRLOLAST posted:

No one is sure because Maricopa County is huge and also a Republican stronghold, even if the initial count points to Biden flipping that county in 2020. It depends on how many of the outstanding ballots were mail-in AND when they were received. We have seen big shifts in the makeup of the ballots depending on whether they were received during the early voting period or if they were received closer to the day of the election.

I don’t even think Fox News is sure anymore. They called AZ 1 1/2 days ago and most everyone else is still waiting.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Was hoping to wake up to a Biden 270+

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/POLITICO_Steve/status/1324390018337693697

Double runoff time

There is gonna be like a billion dollars spent in Georgia in the next 2 months

https://twitter.com/DecisionDeskHQ/status/1324389777668493313

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Time will tell, but I think anyone who voted by mail after Trump spent weeks telling them how he was going to use that to try and contest those votes - if they didn't have a medical condition, major vulnerability to COVID, or COVID iteself - let fear overtake their common sense. Trump was only right about one thing: If you were willing and able to go to the grocery store, you could vote. Here in NY at least, it was just as safe. And he's only technically right because he's the one who set the trap. I'm willing to admit I'm wrong if people tell me that some parts of the country were too unsafe to vote in person because of hordes of maskless CHUDs and/or hours long lines. And if Biden wins by a big enough margin in PA because of mail-in ballots it's not going to matter... at least legally. Politically it's going to tear this country apart even further, though MAGA-heads would have just found a different excuse if Trump lost.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

SexyBlindfold posted:

I feel like anyone gloatharvesting before we know the outcome is asking for misery

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

wilderthanmild posted:

Especially since they had a bunch of threads about betting life savings on Trump the day before the election.

hahahahaha

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like anyone gloatharvesting before we know the outcome is asking for misery

no

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Went over to FoxNews and they are definitely about to enter the PA counting rooms right now to start watching.

I'd love to see some video because I *guarantee* it's going to be yelling/harassing at every counter.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

SexyBlindfold posted:

Yeah pretty much. The calls for violence have only the thinnest layer of euphemism, like "defending our culture" or "fighting for freedom wherever He needs me" but I've got family full blown apocalyptic doom posting about the end of the country and the battle between God and Moloch.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

SexyBlindfold posted:

It's very much leaning towards the latter but there are a few doom posts.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

SexyBlindfold posted:

I've had myself on a steady drip of Thedonald since last night and you're spot on

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Rinkles posted:

Was hoping to wake up to a Biden 270+

Go back to sleep, wake up on, like, Monday.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where is the trump campaign finding these 10k wrong votes

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Covok posted:

Yeah, Fox is an incompetent organization through and through. Lord knows what stupid error made them call it so early. But I bet it is gross incompetence and foolhardiness. AZ is almost certainly going red. The trend on the uncounted balances gives Trump all he needs.

Geez, that sounds bad, I'm starting to get really worried here, now to look two inches to the left and see who posted this....

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
I bet some poor developer at The Guardian has been asked repeatedly whether they can override the Associated Press API and show Arizona as contested on their interactive map.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Slowpoke! posted:

No one is sure because Maricopa County is huge and also a Republican stronghold, even if the initial count points to Biden flipping that county in 2020. It depends on how many of the outstanding ballots were mail-in AND when they were received. We have seen big shifts in the makeup of the ballots depending on whether they were received during the early voting period or if they were received closer to the day of the election.

I don’t even think Fox News is sure anymore. They called AZ 1 1/2 days ago and most everyone else is still waiting.

Not all the outstanding votes are in Maricopa and Trump is very slightly underperforming what he would need to win.

It'll be a nailbiter if it continues on the same trendline though. Biden would eek it out in most scenarios but no one seems quite sure of any solid numbers so there's still a chance for it to go redder and have Trump win.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

BiggerBoat posted:

I've been thinking about this a little bit and, regarding signatures, what's going to happen when everyone's signature doesn't match jack poo poo that's on file due to the preponderance of digital signing pads? Those things look different every loving time and have actually forced me to simplify and sort of change my usual signature. The little ones especially have scratches all over them and can really garble what you're trying to write.

Also, my signature has (d)evolved and changed considerably over the years since I'm not a robot and also because sometimes I'm in a loving hurry or something.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.inq...foutputType=amp

Pennsylvania doesn’t toss ballots because of signature mismatches. PA Supreme Court already upheld that challenge 7-0.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Slowpoke! posted:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.inq...foutputType=amp

Pennsylvania doesn’t toss ballots because of signature mismatches. PA Supreme Court already upheld that challenge 7-0.

Thank you for this. This makes me feel a little better about the recent legal win

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Handel is who Jon Ossoff lost to for the GA-6 special in 2017.

And yet the DNC decided to run him for Senate. :downs:

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Fragrag posted:

How have the ratios been? Earlier today I read Trump would need a ~60% advantage on the mail-ins to catch up
On average, around 58-59%, enough to make it incredibly close, but it was all Maricopa ballots from within a specific timeframe, and AZ mail seems less uniform than in a lot of other states, so no-one know if that'll replicate across the remainder to be counted.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Josh Lyman posted:

GA decided to run him, not the DNC. There were several other decent candidates and ossoff won. Turns out the suburbs love him.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Less than 15k difference in GA now.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Josh Lyman posted:

SCCC looks for house candidate losers to run in red states, cause they already know how to fundraise :downs:

See McGrath, Amy

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Less than 15k difference in GA now.

Down to 125k in PA, too.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Plus, even if there are "mismatched" signatures, an observer doesn't have the right to order it thrown out or anything, right? Like, they're not the one making that call? So this whole thing is just so Trump can whine and claim that the vote counters were all Hillary-hired stooges who were In On It.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Angry_Ed posted:

The dope is thinking Allegheny County taking a break is because of his "legal challenges", isn't he.

I'm not sure what he's saying. It could be that or it could be saying he had a big election win in PA and that it's totally legal. Meaning "Big Electoral Win for Me in PA! Most Legal Win Ever" But who the gently caress knows since he's a loving moron.

And, man, is there any way to cut back on all the "hey, guys, I just woke up! Any news from x, y z yet? What's been happening?" posts?

I mean, god drat, ANYTHING that's happening is certainly posted here so maybe just read the thread a little. Or at least the 2 or 3 most recent pages. I dunno. Maybe I'm just getting cranky but 2 or 3 posts per page basically being "so tell me what's going on" is annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So what did Trump "win" in PA exactly?