Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
All Dogs are Bi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

The right is starting to get better at comedy and it's making lefties nervous.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

https://twitter.com/aidan_smx/status/1324362800517402625

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

i like the implication that libertarians wouldn't consider voting for a democrat as their second choice. as much as i despise libertarians there are a lot of them that would chose a democrat over GOP and view the latter as utterly hypocritical and the former as more in line with protecting personal freedoms for people

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

this is the good poo poo
I fuckin hate Joe Biden but I'm not going to let that stop me from enjoying the sweetest and juiciest chud meltdowns on record

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Have you met my wife-in-disgust?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

this is the good poo poo
I fuckin hate Joe Biden but I'm not going to let that stop me from enjoying the sweetest and juiciest chud meltdowns on record

They're all European posters. Americans can't type.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

did Jo even come close to changing the results anywhere besides Wisconsin? maybe PA when it's all said and done? (assuming all libertarians would have voted Trump ofc)

e: also a bunch of neocons lined up behind Biden so that first image isn't even accurate

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

change my name posted:

The Predicit comment sections are real good sources of schadenfreude right now if you want to see chuds melting down over losing thousands of dollars, lmao

I believe there was a brief period of time during the night's count when betting markets swung from Biden towards Trump.

I'd imagine some people put a fuckload of money into it.

I just went to bed.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Phobophilia posted:

I believe there was a brief period of time during the night's count when betting markets swung from Biden towards Trump.

I just went to bed.

I thought about it, but there was absolutely no loving way I was going to draw the eyes of 2020.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

indigi posted:

did Jo even come close to changing the results anywhere besides Wisconsin? maybe PA when it's all said and done? (assuming all libertarians would have voted Trump ofc)

Biden is sitting on 264 electoral votes right now and needs at least another 6 to win the election. He's currently less than 1,800 votes behind Trump in Georgia and slooowly gaining ground, he's expected to overtake him later tonight and eventually beat him by several thousand votes which will give him an additional 16 electoral college votes.

Jorgensen got 61,328 votes in that state. :v:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Libertarians, like the Riders of Rohan but as soon as they show up they all start accidentally discharging their guns

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Biden is sitting on 264 electoral votes right now and needs at least another 6 to win the election. He's currently less than 1,800 votes behind Trump in Georgia and slooowly gaining ground, he's expected to overtake him later tonight and eventually beat him by several thousand votes which will give him an additional 16 electoral college votes.

Jorgensen got 61,328 votes in that state. :v:

Imagine if the difference is smaller than the number of write-in votes, that could be blamed on anybody, by anybody, for whichever outcome

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Cold on a Cob posted:

i like the implication that libertarians wouldn't consider voting for a democrat as their second choice. as much as i despise libertarians there are a lot of them that would chose a democrat over GOP and view the latter as utterly hypocritical and the former as more in line with protecting personal freedoms for people

eh sorry homeslice. but personal experience plus data would say the 4channers are correct in this case. there's something like 90%+ libertarians that would either side with republicans or are secret republicans. there's a reason you have that saying that libertarians are just republicans that like weed. also why legendary libertarians, matt and trey of south park fame said "we hate conservatives but we REALLY loving hate liberals"

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Okay I'm changing my victory music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxLCIsbmnUU

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Mr Interweb posted:

"we hate conservatives but we REALLY loving hate liberals"

:same:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mr Interweb posted:

eh sorry homeslice. but personal experience plus data would say the 4channers are

lol

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
https://www.boston.com/news/politics/2020/11/05/an-election-judge-worked-at-a-polling-place-despite-a-covid-19-diagnosis-and-then-died

quote:

A suburban St. Louis election official who worked at a polling place on Election Day despite a positive test for the coronavirus has now died, raising concerns for the nearly 2,000 people who voted there.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
More like “Terrorist bearing bioweapons poses as election official”

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Phobophilia posted:

I just went to bed.

Trump was straight up favored last time I checked which is lmao because of how many things have to break his way.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Platystemon posted:

More like “Terrorist bearing bioweapons poses as election official”

That's exactly it.

Listen, Biden is whatever but if you aren't telling Trump supporters "I voted for him to make you mad" you're missing out.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

That's exactly it.

Listen, Biden is whatever but if you aren't telling Trump supporters "I voted for him to make you mad" you're missing out.

Biden is not "whatever". He's how you get a Trump in the first place.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

That's exactly it.

Gotta take your joy where you can find it these days.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
So the libertarian lady in Wisconsin is the Republican version of Jill Stein?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
we can probably get qanon nuts who are always scraeming about child trafficking to get very mad at libertarians

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Forceholy posted:

Well as far as we know she’s not a Russian pawn, so not quite.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
wouldn’t she be the gop version of nader

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Voting biden to own the cons

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Joe Gillian posted:

Biden is not "whatever". He's how you get a Trump in the first place.

Yeah totally. It wasn't years of the right's erosion of normal decency, or their refusal to compromise on things, or the tea party, or blind greed. It was a democrat. Sure, pal.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Yeah totally. It wasn't years of the right's erosion of normal decency, or their refusal to compromise on things, or the tea party, or blind greed. It was a democrat. Sure, pal.

Nothing to do with the Crime Bill, a decision to invade Iraq, voting for NAFTA, serving vice president to the guy that handed Trump the presidency. You have the foresight of a proper DNC candidate. How do you quantify "erosion of normal decency" when they've been the same batshit lunatics since at least the Reagan administration, succeeded in dragging the Democrats right with every President since Clinton and helped with destroying any solidarity with the working class forever?

void_serfer has issued a correction as of 14:36 on Nov 6, 2020

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
https://twitter.com/rileyraygriffin/status/1324698927413796871

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

I think this one may be getting cause and effect mixed up

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Forceholy posted:

probably not, third-party voters have been shown to mostly stay home (or leave that position blank) instead of switching if not given the option of their preferred party for stuff like the president

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

If you compromise when your opponent doesn't force you to, you're an incompetent political actor.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Conservatives have been batshit nuts since Goldwater but democrats like Biden keep trying to work with them and declare that they are not the enemy. Conservatives haven’t done anything in a bubble, they’ve needed either passivity or assent from democrats to do all of that. Democrats aren’t the poor little underdogs here, they’re the party of wealthy coastal liberals and they have massive resources at their disposal which they mostly use to ensure that captive minorities continue to vote for them so they can continue to give big sloppy handjobs to Wall Street and banks and pharma and insurance. And if Democrats are feeling really benevolent they might hand out a few scraps to the non-millionaires who vote for them because the only alternative is the literal blood and soil party.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Also, America has never been decent, that’s loving bullshit.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
It's 2020 and y'all both sides people are dumb.

One party has literally ushered in fascism and it wasn't the people on the left.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

the democrats and republicans are repeatedly playing out the prisoner’s dilemma except the democrats never learn and also actually love being in prison

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

It's 2020 and y'all both sides people are dumb.

One party has literally ushered in fascism and it wasn't the people on the left.

actually lol yes it was both you stupid gently caress. enabling a fascist party (the republicans) the way they (the democrats) do is in fact ushering in fascism. you're even accidentally using fascism correctly: turning the tools of the empire against its own people in the service of capital (i.e. the rich loving over the poor).

again: these loving shitlords had total government control in 2009-2010. right after GWB. a chance to right the shitshow that was america murdering/starving/causing the deaths of millions of civilians over the years preceding. is a personal thing for me in that their specific "incompetence" was what made me realize we're hosed as a nation because our leadership only serves the rich, full stop. prior to then I was a dumbass just like you. now I'm a new kind of dumbass. a dumbass that is inherently better than your dumb rear end. this post is to help you be less of a dumb dumbass, you dumbass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/111th_United_States_Congress

the 111th congress, a coalition of shitlumps. not as in "these congresspeople are subhuman pieces of poo poo," though they are, but as in "if these people were replaced with lumps of poo poo, it would be the same net effect in dealing with the real problems we face."

total democrat control over house, senate, and presidency. what'd the people get?

--bank bailouts with no serious prosecution or regulation

--no resistance to/possibly direct support of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_United_v._FEC (citizens united, aka "the money of the rich has more voice than you, now loving die quietly in the streets, pissant.") which honestly is probably directly responsible for the acceleration of the destruction of everything since after that, high-polluting corporations could just dump as much money into campaigns as they wanted to, fully mask-off, so if I had to pick one particular "lol you dumbass yes, the DNC is heavily responsible for trump," this would be it since it allowed the money faucets to drown what shreds of a pretend-democracy we had, aka ushering in fascism by allowing capital to work even more unopposed against the interests of literally everyone else.

--no holding-accountable of BP for ruining the gulf coast (remember? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizon_oil_spill?)

--a half-assed 90s republican healthcare plan rebranded as obamacare instead of actually helping the most vulnerable 20+ million who still could not afford the ACA (because when something is "affordable" it is by definition something that "costs money" so "poor people are hosed yet again." yeah it's great that about 20+ million other people got quasi-not-poo poo healthcare, but again: total government control. and they used what republicans poo poo out in the 90s instead of something that actually helps people. https://www.congress.gov/bill/103rd-congress/senate-bill/1770 is the bill that became obamacare. yeah, the HEART act. from loving chafee.)

--no gitmo closing

--new cages for kids

--enhancements/streamlining to GWB's dronesassination program

--a nice general sense of "guys we're just too loving stupid to deal with the republicans. they're just too politically savvy. sure we hold all the levers of power, but we will loving die before we exercise any of that power to help you plebian fucktards since we know you'll just vote for us again. lol get fukt hahaha you think they won't 'work with us' lol you goddamn dumbasses we work for the same ultra wealthy people which is why every corporation that has real money donates to both parties hahaha oh poo poo is my mic still on"

there's probably more poo poo but I spent most of that time real fuckin drunk because it became increasingly clear that GWB was not an aberration, he was the embodiment of Real America, as in The Hyperwealthy Who Never Really Worked For Their Wealth: just dumbfucks who lucked into money and power and privilege because they fell out of the right cunts at the right time, and think they know a goddamn thing because of that luck.

this also doesn't go into the voting records of these same shitlords (how they helped start the iraq war for instance) or how these same shitlords spent the preceding 2-3 decades gutting american industry for the wealthy with nothing given to the poeple who lost their jobs to the imperial core finally turning to devour its own (i.e. capital going fully global and not solely making GBS threads on the minorities within its own borders but starting to poo poo harder on everyone in the working class regardless of identity).

it's less that the democrats "caused" trump and more that "the democrats are not your friends you loving idiot, they exist to be the nice hand of the rich relative to the mean hand of the rich that are the republicans. they don't actually hate trump, or the republicans. it's kayfabe."

I mean it's cute that people believe we're a two-party state but:

Julius Nyerere posted:

The United States is also a one-party state, but with typical American extravagance, they have two of them.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Also, America has never been decent, that’s loving bullshit.

also this. slavery, it's not good folks, many people are saying!! (and if you think we ended slavery after the civil war then holy poo poo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

but ORANGE MAN BAD