Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

What a depressing loving election :(
I was holding on hope for a blue sweep. Now I'm clenching my butt cheeks hoping we can at least win the presidency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Anybody got guesses on who Gavin Newsom would pick to replace Kamala Harris in the Senate?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Anybody got guesses on who Gavin Newsom would pick to replace Kamala Harris in the Senate?

Likely candidates are himself, Karen Bass, Xavier Becera, or Katie Porter

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

CPColin posted:

My Facebook memories reminded me of that one time we helped elect the first black president and also banned gay marriage in the same election. That was fun.

Ha, weird, I wonder how that happened *checks notes on Obama’s view on gay marriage in 2008* oh right.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Yeah, Bonta (the assemblyperson behind it) explained 25 succeeding as a signal to the legislature that they should not try to end cash bail going forward, so it's presumably here to stay at the state level unless someone manages to write a perfectly-crafted prop that ends it instead. That's an overly-complex thing for voters to wrap their heads around, but it seems that the advocacy groups arguing against it should have stated as much rather than their apparent messaging that it'd enshrine a flawed algorithm as forever law that couldn't be adjusted or amended in the future.

Wow, this is a dumber sequence of events than I’d realized!

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Scott Weiner :barf: :barf:

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

mA posted:

Does that mean Jackie Fiedler would get his state senate position?

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

mA posted:

Could be Xavier Becerra! He seems okay. Probably not much different than Harris, but whatever.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Time for Villaraigosa to make his triumphant return to politics!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
He's gonna choose Kevin de Leon.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

eSporks posted:

I was holding on hope for a blue sweep. Now I'm clenching my butt cheeks hoping we can at least win the presidency.

We? Biden ain't on your team lol

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Eric Garcetti

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
loretta sanchez lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
very recently unemployed former city councilman david ryu

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Duncan Hunter

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Kenning posted:

Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow.

I voted yes on 19 to keep the balance of power between the M.I.L.F.S the yakuza and 14k.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Dave Cortese

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

One time 10 years ago my friends and I were at Taco Bravo at like 1 in the morning and a drunk dude in his 40s was talking about how Dave Cortese and he were buddies and that Cortese was a real cool dude cause he used to give him books by “sink debismark or some poo poo” and that’s all I know about Dave Cortese

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Quidthulhu posted:

Dave Cortese

What convinced me to go for Cortese more than anything else is that he never once sent me an email or text or anything about getting him elected. Instead - as a sitting member of the board of supervisors - he did his job and sent out emails about COVID testing sites, updates, and protocols, county guidelines, and information on how and where to vote almost none of which shilled his own campaign. He had every opportunity to leverage his position to shill his campaign and instead used it to actually do the job he has right now. Meanwhile Ravel did nothing but endlessly ask me to vote for her, cry about how polls showing Cortese ahead were FAKE NEWS, and talk about how she got endorsed by Obama.

Cortese being the apparent winner rules.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Admiral Ray posted:

He's gonna choose Kevin de Leon.
If he does, we'll know for sure KdL was controlled opposition in his DiFi challenge 2 years ago.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Sydin posted:

What convinced me to go for Cortese more than anything else is that he never once sent me an email or text or anything about getting him elected. Instead - as a sitting member of the board of supervisors - he did his job and sent out emails about COVID testing sites, updates, and protocols, county guidelines, and information on how and where to vote almost none of which shilled his own campaign. He had every opportunity to leverage his position to shill his campaign and instead used it to actually do the job he has right now. Meanwhile Ravel did nothing but endlessly ask me to vote for her, cry about how polls showing Cortese ahead were FAKE NEWS, and talk about how she got endorsed by Obama.

Cortese being the apparent winner rules.

Was picturing Dan Cortese during this entire post

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
Leland Yee

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Mitch McConnell and then we can recall him

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

If Newsom appointed himself, I think that would be the end of his hopes for the Presidency, and he doesn't want that. I think it would be the end of his hopes because it would be widely regarded as a sleazy move, even though it's been done before in other states.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
we need to dismantle the mayor to White House pipeline

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

REMINDER: the last-minute mail ballots have not been counted and can still swing many races. There are millions of ballots still uncounted.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mA posted:

gently caress.

Although he'd probably still be the best Senator we've had in years... Christ.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

REMINDER: the last-minute mail ballots have not been counted and can still swing many races. There are millions of ballots still uncounted.

Uh, speaking of this, does anyone happen to know the schedule for the remaining ballots being counted? Looks like the state results only include the election night count so far. I don't see anything from Wednesday (other than very early AM, which is election night). I recall in the past there were daily updates from each county.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

OAKLAND SAVE US

https://twitter.com/itsmedasho/status/1324433173430759426

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.

Vox Nihili posted:

gently caress.

Although he'd probably still be the best Senator we've had in years... Christ.

Eh, I'd prefer Kamala over him. They're both neolibs who have a tough on crime record. At least with Kamala you get some idpol points.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

mA posted:

Eh, I'd prefer Kamala over him. They're both neolibs who have a tough on crime record. At least with Kamala you get some idpol points.

idpol is a hammer used to bludgeon left criticism, for example, did you know are a double-racist with a misogynist power up for calling Kamala (a black Indian woman) a neolib? in fact, your social media accounts should be banned and your HR department should be cc'd for this post

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Centrist Committee posted:

idpol is a hammer used to bludgeon left criticism, for example, did you know are a double-racist with a misogynist power up for calling Kamala (a black Indian woman) a neolib? in fact, your social media accounts should be banned and your HR department should be cc'd for this post

Yeah that's bullshit and not really a thing that happens.

It's mostly leftist men getting mad when people mention there's an element of sexism in their responses to women politicians.

Kamala most definitely is super bad on a number of issues and that doesn't mean people can't be sexist against her.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Jaxyon posted:

It's mostly leftist men getting mad when people mention there's an element of sexism in their responses to women politicians.

Kamala most definitely is super bad on a number of issues and that doesn't mean people can't be sexist against her.

oh, oh dear, you are in for a very rude awakening friend

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

mA posted:

I don't know. I file them bother under "liberal who blows with the wind." Kamala had a genuinely distressing record as AG. Weiner is in bed with real estate developers but I'm not sure that hits the same level as opting to jail parents of truant children. I like Weiner's ongoing attempts to force density on stubborn, wealthy bedroom neighborhoods (even knowing it's partly at the behest if his financiers, it's at least an attempt to respond to a genuine crisis rather than making a crisis worse).

Vox Nihili fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 5, 2020

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Why don't you want more women oppressors?

#girlboss #yassqween #ravenclaw

CopperHound fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 5, 2020

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Centrist Committee posted:

oh, oh dear, you are in for a very rude awakening friend

lol nope it's pretty much that

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Jaxyon posted:

lol nope it's pretty much that

Good to know the KHive has been erased from reality. Sad that Centrist Committee and I seem to be the only people to retain a memory of it, but that's our cross to bear.

mA
Jul 10, 2001
I am the ugly lover.

Vox Nihili posted:

I don't know. I file them bother under "liberal who blows with the wind." Kamala had a genuinely distressing record as AG. Weiner is in bed with real estate developers but I'm not sure that hits the same level as opting to jail parents of truant children. I like Weiner's ongoing attempts to force density on stubborn, wealthy bedroom neighborhoods (even knowing it's partly at the behest if his financiers, it's at least an attempt to respond to a genuine crisis rather than making a crisis worse).

You won't find me defending cops. That said, Kamala was one of the original cosponsors of Medicare for All. She's obviously a careerist and opportunist, but I find her to be someone who you could plausibly "push left" in some aspects unlike Biden.

Weiner on the other hand is a true believer neoliberal on the policy front. When Weiner was a supe he helped to torpedo several police reform resolutions because he received big money from cops (which he still does). Thankfully prop e undoes some of his damage in this regard. And he hasn't been successful at all in convincing Daly City or other cities in the peninsula to increase density, so what does that matter?

mA fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Jaxyon posted:

"There is an element of sexism in the left's hatred towards Kamala" and "The party is using idpol as a shield to deflect criticism of Kamala" are not mutually exclusive.