Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

snake and bake posted:

Some very fine cats in here :kimchi:

Crossposting the chicken butt I posted in the backyard chickens thread earlier, because why not

okay, that's hilarious and adorable

I had pet chickens when I was little, bantams and silkies they hated everyone but me

snipe tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

My little brother just tested positive so now my mom and dad are on their way to get a test and quarantine for 14 days.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

haha the thread title

for this relief much thanks; 'tis bitter cold
and I am sick at heart.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Zil posted:

My little brother just tested positive so now my mom and dad are on their way to get a test and quarantine for 14 days.

that's pretty upsetting

does he live with them or have they been visiting?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Nocturtle posted:

These cartridges are hefty. They look like they'll filter anything but will not be helping my posture.

You might want to look into 7093 cartridge for 3M

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

US gonna hit like 250k per day cases by the end of the month

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

that's pretty upsetting

does he live with them or have they been visiting?

Lives with them still. Autistic so can't live on his own.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

logikv9 posted:

envo masks are good and if you buy a cover you’re effectively covering the one-way valve, which i assume the 3M mask has

Aren't Envo masks effectively n95's?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
covid is the new tiberium. you can try to run from it, or stop it, but ultimately it will cover the earth and call forth it's alien progenitors to ensure our destruction.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Zil posted:

Any symptoms?

Where might he have caught it? Not sure of his age but my first guess is school

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Admiral Ray posted:

covid is the new tiberium. you can try to run from it, or stop it, but ultimately it will cover the earth and call forth it's alien progenitors to ensure our destruction.

fuckin australia, nz, and atlantic canada beat this thing and theyre the biggest hick backwaters the west has ever seen

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Zil posted:

Lives with them still. Autistic so can't live on his own.

I earnestly hope everyone comes out of this with minimum trouble

sending love!

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

logikv9 posted:

envo masks are good and if you buy a cover you’re effectively covering the one-way valve, which i assume the 3M mask has

The Envo looks great and I wanted to love it (especially the gel pad around the edges!) but it doesn't fit my large-ish face. Large-face-havers are cautioned.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

so it’s mink ranches, not mink farms. they’re animals not vegetables.

mink ranchers can actually be very testy about this distinction for some reason.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

schwein11 posted:

so it’s mink ranches, not mink farms. they’re animals not vegetables.

mink ranchers can actually be very testy about this distinction for some reason.

i dont care what it is, if covid were mutating in potatoes we'd have to burn em all down

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

KaptainKrunk posted:

US gonna hit like 250k per day cases by the end of the month

Holy poo poo Christmas is only 49 days away :stare:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

'just wear the drat masks' - governor larry hogan

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

shovelbum posted:

fuckin australia, nz, and atlantic canada beat this thing and theyre the biggest hick backwaters the west has ever seen

don't count out hick backwaters, the great hero Jim Raynor was once just the Marshal of a hick backwater.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Lovelyn posted:

Any symptoms?

Where might he have caught it? Not sure of his age but my first guess is school

He stopped being able to smell and taste yesterday apparently and started running a fever last night. And Mom's a school teacher so most likely he got it from her.

schwein11
Oct 13, 2009

shovelbum posted:

i dont care what it is, if covid were mutating in potatoes we'd have to burn em all down

for sure. the mink are close to harvest anyway. ranches May be able to salvage a lot of the pelts. the big loss will be the animals that would have been kept for next season’s breeding - if whole herd has to be eliminated.

by the way - Wisconsin is the biggest state for mink ranching in the states by a fair margin. Iowa and other upper Midwest have it as well. some out west (Montana, Idaho Arizona ). for the complete dearth of a fur industry here, there’s actually a pretty prominent mink ranch industry.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

schwein11 posted:

for sure. the mink are close to harvest anyway. ranches May be able to salvage a lot of the pelts. the big loss will be the animals that would have been kept for next season’s breeding - if whole herd has to be eliminated.

by the way - Wisconsin is the biggest state for mink ranching in the states by a fair margin. Iowa and other upper Midwest have it as well. some out west (Montana, Idaho Arizona ). for the complete dearth of a fur industry here, there’s actually a pretty prominent mink ranch industry.

If the mink farmers did want it to be called mink farms, they probably shouldn't have decided to call it a mink harvest.

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Zil posted:

He stopped being able to smell and taste yesterday apparently and started running a fever last night. And Mom's a school teacher so most likely he got it from her.

That is truly awful, I am so sorry

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

I know, it feels like every day lately lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

mod sassinator posted:

exponential growth is a bitch

i was scolding my parents too that all the bullshit they could get away with in the summer, when our positivity was less than 1%, will get them sick and killed as our positivity pushes up past 5% right now. they are totally of the mindset, "i went out all summer and never got sick, what's the big deal why are you scared?"

get a projector
mask up
go to your parents house
from the edge of their property, display this on the side of their house: https://covid19risk.biosci.gatech.edu/

lets say the restaurant they want to go to is at low capacity: 15 patrons, 5 employees
in my county right now, it's a flip of a coin whether someone in the restaurant is actively sick

take out your novelty sized penny and ask them to start calling it

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zil posted:

This poo poo sucks, my wife is a teacher and I'm trying to get her to quit when the kids start back, my job exposes me but it's all travel and so I can quarantine without ever actually having to come home sick

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
driving my gps-automated combine through the mink fields, drinking a busch light

gregday
May 23, 2003

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

and one superspreader clusterfuck of a holiday that mandates zero mask compliance right in the middle

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
thank gently caress everyone agreed to skip Thanksgiving this year

Christmas is still on the table, but it's going to get so much worse before then I'm not too concerned. our family will have either got it despite our precautions and having misjudged the risks we are taking, or literally everyone around us will have it

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

tired of this loving wait-and-see approach when cases are already loving exploding, useless rear end governors

Frances Nurples
May 11, 2008

lol governing rear end

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Even the smallest of efforts to cover your face seem to help a lot. My job exposes me to public crowds every day and I've either dodged it completely or I'm an asymptomatic super spreader. I think it's because I wear a loving mask

The dude I work with who got covid (pretty sure he got it from his kids daycare) came back to work for a week and now he's back out with a fever, etc. RIP I guess

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
lol Michigan

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think I'm going to join the respirator crowd just bc cloth masks have made my lips disgusting

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Pingui posted:

Aren't Envo masks effectively n95's?

they are

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

The Envo looks great and I wanted to love it (especially the gel pad around the edges!) but it doesn't fit my large-ish face. Large-face-havers are cautioned.

they are really a bit too small and they look dumb but when you're wearing it for 8-12 hrs in a row the comfort can't be beat. normal n95s were ripping into my skin after 2-3 days straight. i just had to learn to deal with my mouth being too close to the valve area. also whether or not it legitimately passes a fit test :shrug: normal n95s will also fail a fit test after 8-12 hours of usage due to the strap getting loose.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

101k now, still hours of reporting left

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
don't forget if you buy whatever fancy respirator / mask thing that it doesn't have a one-way valve or that you cover the valve up. masks are for protecting people around you too

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Thanksgiving is just as dangerous; think of how many Americans are desperate to give thanks all over their loved ones during this troubled time. It will mark the one year point as well, for those of us who have been reading these threads since it kicked off in China.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

looking forward to explaining to my family in oklahoma they shouldn't do anything for thanksgiving, then not having to make the argument again a month later because someone will be sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol