Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

*chants* GEORGIA BLUE! GEORGIA BLUE! GEORGIA BLUE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1324546432683094016?s=21

:thunk:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Glumwheels posted:

Why are they dragging this out, Jesus?

Philly had to stop counting for several hours due to a court order, we'd probably be a lot closer now if not for that.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I feel like the house handing a tied electoral college vote to the candidate that is losing the popular vote by a fairly large margin might actually be the 'this will cause civil war' event

Ya Biden is going to win by like 7mil+ once all of California is counted, with 77+mil total votes. His win being invalidated by the courts of by the house would really be begging for violence from all sides.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

GeekyManatee posted:

AP is pretty confident too, it seems. Is there precedent for people to dismiss their call so quickly? I always thought AP was super conservative about calls.

AZ is shaping up to be the battle of the premature network calls vs the Twitter pollbros.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Where is this tracker?

1902 votes in GA has got me hyped as gently caress

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

berserker posted:

Oh perfect I didn't want to relax or sleep tonight anyway and I have a physical at 9am, sweet

Set your alarm! It's not gonna happen before then probably

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

GeekyManatee posted:

AP is pretty confident too, it seems. Is there precedent for people to dismiss their call so quickly? I always thought AP was super conservative about calls.

I think Fox and AP both made their calls just before AZ announced they had a bunch more ballots to count, that they're working through now. Everybody else backed off, but Fox and AP stuck to their guns.

prak
Jan 3, 2006

---------
Nap Ghost

DeeplyConcerned posted:

No no you can’t do it that way. If you start doing that people would say “why don’t we just use the popular vote instead?”
The Electoral College would be a better way to break a tie than a coin flip.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Where is this tracker?

1902 votes in GA has got me hyped as gently caress

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1pFOyR6dSoAjqSe6miIAnxUaQUIlc2cy8lybg-gWw-_I/htmlview?pru=AAABdb7Qvtw*xFIVGKTrArb-QmcNWXFRHg

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

https://youtu.be/glggureA_Kk

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Uh...

Kale
May 14, 2010

prak posted:

The Electoral College would be a better way to break a tie than a coin flip.

How about going by popular vote? :colbert:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

nine-gear crow posted:

Highly appropriate that the MAGA anime nazi worlders can only think in terms of anime memes that were stale 10 years ago.

Meme songs are eternal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yh9i0PAjck

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

sexpig by night posted:

I genuinely wonder if after the insane "ACTUALLY I WON EVERY VOTE FOR BIDEN IS ACTUALLY ILLEGAL NO QUESTIONS GOODBYE" presser that spurred some counters on to just loving end this.

Probably got at least a few of them to say "gently caress it, put another coffee on and we can pull another hour or two"

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

FCKGW posted:

Philly had to stop counting for several hours due to a court order, we'd probably be a lot closer now if not for that.

Great, that’s what we needed tonight.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I gotta say, watching John King slowly fall apart trying to do basic math and juggle index cards for 3 days with the entire nation watching has been maybe the single most humanizing and stabilizing element of this whole thing for me.

I want this to be over so he can go to bed and stay away from a touch screen for a year.

prak
Jan 3, 2006

---------
Nap Ghost

Kale posted:

How about going by popular vote? :colbert:
You still need a way to break a tie. :v:

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

quote:

We just received 337 additional votes from Georgia. Trump is currently up by 1,797 votes. 3m ago
Yep, this is gonna drag on a while

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

STAC Goat posted:

I gotta say, watching John King slowly fall apart trying to do basic math and juggle index cards for 3 days with the entire nation watching has been maybe the single most humanizing and stabilizing element of this whole thing for me.

I want this to be over so he can go to bed and stay away from a touch screen for a year.

My aunt said she felt incredibly bad for Steve Kornacki when she realized that he's been wearing the same pair of pants for three days.

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

Rea posted:

My aunt said she felt incredibly bad for Steve Kornacki when she realized that he's been wearing the same pair of pants for three days.

The Fulton County Clerk was clearly wearing the same blazer and shirt for three days straight.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Deteriorata posted:

I think Fox and AP both made their calls just before AZ announced they had a bunch more ballots to count, that they're working through now. Everybody else backed off, but Fox and AP stuck to their guns.

Fox called AZ a couple of horus in advance of AP, IIRC it was sometime after Ohio and Texas were confirmed for Trump. I don't think Fox had to adjust the vote for AZ either from 95% back to the 80s. When called in to explain themselves their number guys cited the remaining absentee votes and where they were coming from and with the results they'd been seeing Trump would not be taking Arizona.

They were still proably a bit too early I guess, especially in light of AZ ending up being one of the important ones, remember at the time it was first called it still kind of superficially looked like Trump would win big in PA, MI and WI.

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

STAC Goat posted:

He represents what is best in all of us in a slow motion meltdown like this.

Wylie
Jun 27, 2005

Ever to conquer, never to yield.

Grayly Squirrel posted:

The Fulton County Clerk was clearly wearing the same blazer and shirt for three days straight.

They made a point earlier today of saying he did, in fact, change pants between shifts at the touchscreen mines.

Edit: Kornacki, I mean. Don't know how that quote got messed up.

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
https://twitter.com/nate_cohn/status/1324548665197895680?s=21

Do we know the distribution of the counted military/overseas ballots?

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Where are things at boys?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rea posted:

Kornacki loves it, though. He's in his element. King's just a tired old man trying to keep up as Wolf tortures him asking him math questions.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

seems there was another 11 votes in geogia, with 8 going to biden!

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

I dipped into Free Republic
Completely forgot they existed lol.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
Georgia has Trump ahead by only 1797 votes, according to CNN.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1324549337825841153

christie is sorta trying to toss trump under the train.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Randarkman posted:

Fox called AZ a couple of horus in advance of AP, IIRC it was sometime after Ohio and Texas were confirmed for Trump. I don't think Fox had to adjust the vote for AZ either from 95% back to the 80s. When called in to explain themselves their number guys cited the remaining absentee votes and where they were coming from and with the results they'd been seeing Trump would not be taking Arizona.

They were still proably a bit too early I guess, especially in light of AZ ending up being one of the important ones, remember at the time it was first called it still kind of superficially looked like Trump would win big in PA, MI and WI.

If they had the numbers on AZ then they should have had the numbers in PA, MI and WI too.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

w00tmonger posted:

Where are things at boys?

Very good. AZ is tight, but everything else is swinging our way.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

STAC Goat posted:

Kornacki loves it, though. He's in his element. King's just a tired old man trying to keep up as Wolf tortures him asking him math questions.

they need to tag in the british guy from cnn international who always seems like he's geeked up as hell

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

NoDamage posted:

https://twitter.com/nate_cohn/status/1324548665197895680?s=21

Do we know the distribution of the counted military/overseas ballots?

Overseas tends to lean D while active military tends to lean R. But there is no way for us to know how many in each category will come back.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It's like the Trolly Problem except both options are a fat guy.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Mouse Dresser posted:

Georgia has Trump ahead by only 1797 votes, according to CNN.

Let's get it to 1776 and then one big dump from Clayton to push it over

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

If they had the numbers on AZ then they should have had the numbers in PA, MI and WI too.

Oh yeah. But remember that the call was made way before those came back into play via counting their mail-ins. At this point they've almost certainly decided that they aren't going to be allowing their decision desk to making any more calls ahead of others, the people upstairs are kind of in a panic most likely.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Smeef posted:

It's like the Trolly Problem except both options are a fat guy.

Think of the poor people on the trolly, derailments are dangerous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Trump almost killed him, and he knows Trump will lose. Time to find his next gravy train.