Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson's financial approach to Covid — Talks between ministers and Greater Manchester to put the region into the top level of coronavirus rules appeared deadlocked on Monday"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Strictly Come Dancing opener with first same-sex couple proves a hit

Evening Standard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Yesterday's Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Boris Johnson's message to Andy Burnham — Andy Burnham has implored Boris Johnson to hold a parliamentary vote to decide the level of financial aid for areas under the strictest tier 3 restrictions" (Oh dear)

Telegraph:

Wales to go into national two-week 'firebreak' Covid lockdown

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the breakdown of talks between Manchester and the government – The prime minister, Boris Johnson, has confirmed tier 3 restrictions will apply to Greater Manchester"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson's attitude to Manchester — Keir Starmer has accused Boris Johnson of “dividing communities” and pitting regions against each other in his approach to local lockdowns" After LS Lowry.

Telegraph:

National debt exceeds £2 trillion for first time

Independent:

Times:

Donald Trump paid nearly $200,000 in taxes to China, report claims

Evening Standard:

Marcus Rashford in 'despair' as MPs reject free school meal plan

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Rishi Sunak's munificence – The chancellor has responded to pressure over the level of support for parts of the country facing tough coronavirus restrictions with a last-minute expansion of the new furlough scheme"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

'Abraham Lincoln over here': Trump and Biden clash on racism at presidential debate – video

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson: the tracks of our tiers - After months of damning criticism of the UK’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, Boris Johnson has admitted to failings in the £12bn test and trace system"

gently caress Off Bob:

Independent:

Biden and Trump diverge sharply on major issues in final presidential debate

The i paper:

Councils back Rashford and pledge to provide school meals over holidays

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Is that the Euthanasia Coaster?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Would you look at the clock, it's time to say "gently caress off, Bob!"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"US elections: how postal votes could swing it for Joe Biden – Donald Trump looks flustered as the race goes into the final straight"

Sunday gently caress Off, Bob:

"Welcome to libertarian Covid fantasy land – that’s Sweden to you and me" - Nick Cohen

Sunday Times:

Tory-led council in PM’s constituency helps Marcus Rashford’s school meals campaign

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the free school meals row – The Conservatives voted down a Labour proposal to extend the free school meals programme to cover holidays through the winter"

Telegraph:

'Fights break out' at Greek airport as crowds of British holidaymakers fill terminal

Independent:

Times:

Test-and-trace chief Dido Harding should quit, says senior Tory

Evening Standard:

Lewis Hamilton wins Portuguese GP to break Michael Schumacher's F1 record :lewis:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson: a gruelling ordeal – Boris Johnson is coming under pressure from all quarters to reverse his position on extending free school meals" After George Cruikshank.

Telegraph:

Welsh government to review ban on sales of non-essentials

Independent:

‘Tier 4’: Matt Hancock declines to rule out introduction of new level of Covid restrictions

Times:

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the UK's free school meals row — The row at the heart of government over free school meals was laid bare when the Treasury insisted Gavin Williamson had never asked for the extra money to fund the half-term extension." After Luke Fildes.

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Not one cartoonist has managed to create anything like a resemblance of Rashford so far lol

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's dismissal of coronavirus – The US president has repeated his claim that the dominance of ‘Covid, Covid, Covid’ in the news undermines his election campaign"

Telegraph:

Priti Patel refuses to rule out second Covid lockdown for England

Independent:

Large gatherings could be banned at Christmas, UK minister admits

Times:

Evening Standard:

France imposes four-week national lockdown to combat coronavirus; Merkel heckled by German MPs as she defends second 'soft' Covid lockdown

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Labour's antisemitism woes – The former party leader has been suspended over his comments following the publication of the EHCR report" After Caravaggio. (Daily Mail: 'Appalling' Guardian cartoon of Keir Starmer as Salome offering 'St John the Baptist' Jeremy Corbyn's head on a platter the day after Nice beheadings is branded bad taste and anti-Semitic in its own right, came up while I was Googling for the painting source.)

Telegraph:

'It's possible': the race to approve a Covid vaccine by Christmas

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Bonus! David Squires on Oliver 2020.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Fuckin' Squires, good as always.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Ahahahhaha! old jermany corbin!!!!! :smug:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the horror of politics this Halloween – Keir Starmer has said it is theoretically possible Jeremy Corbyn could be expelled from the Labour party"

Telegraph:

Covid has hit 'critical' stage in England, research finds

Independent:

The i paper:

Bonus! Celebrating 10 years of the i paper:[/b]

Times:

Stephen Collins:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Jesus christ, get help

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I would like to once again express my desire for Bob to get covid and suffer horribly from it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Halloween Brexit special – This year’s ghouls and ghosts have been scarier than usual"

Sunday FuckOffBob:

Sunday Times:

Union leader says Keir Starmer 'pushing Labour into civil war' over Corbyn suspension

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

The Mooch cupcake should be really, really small.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Interestingly large nose on the chap in the blue suit. Who's that supposed to be?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Len McCluskey i think

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It'd be funnier if we pretend it is meant to be Lansman

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson imposing a new lockdown — A second national lockdown will be imposed across England on Thursday with all nonessential shops, restaurants, pubs and leisure facilities to close for at least four weeks, Boris Johnson has said"
Bonus! Martin Rowson drew all the American presidents for a historian's book, and has put all the drawings into one handy thread here.

Telegraph:

Retail and hospitality sectors warn of Christmas trade meltdown from Covid lockdown

Matt:

Independent:

Voter fraud is 'Loch Ness monster' for Republicans in Trump era, party lawyer says

Times:

Evening Standard:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on England's second national lockdown – Boris Johnson has told mutinous Conservative backbenchers failing to act now would risk the ‘medical and moral disaster’ of an overwhelmed NHS"

Telegraph:

US elections 2020 After Grant Wood.

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the US presidential election 2020 – Downtown Washington on election day had the feel of a city digging in for a siege. The White House and the Treasury were surrounded by a high steel fence and in the surrounding blocks, businesses and apartment buildings had covered every square foot of exposed glass with plywood"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Welsh and Scottish leaders hit out at 'unfair' furlough extension; The Crown season 4 trailer, Netflix release date and cast – everything we know

Evening Standard:

'Authoritarian': Trump condemned for falsely claiming election victory

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on… Diana’s interview

'At least three people were misled to get this interview - it was rather crowded'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Donald Trump falsely claiming victory — Donald Trump has confirmed the worst fears of his opponents by making a false declaration of victory in the US presidential election and threatening to plunge the nation into a constitutional crisis"

Telegraph:

After Bob.

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Bonus! Morland's animated cartoon.

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on… the US election

'Which part of "go away" don't you understand?'

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is that Trump manhandling a JoJo of Liberty?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

What does he mean, "many years from now"?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

What does he mean, "many years from now"?

In three year I'm going to get a doctorate in 2020 time physics, and I can tell you with certainty, it's already many years from now.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Bob needs help imo

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Can anyone figure out what the "joke" is here? This is some low effort work even by Matt's standards

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Maelstache posted:

Can anyone figure out what the "joke" is here? This is some low effort work even by Matt's standards

both sides bad give money please

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

crispix posted:

Bob needs help imo

Bob needs to be helped off a cliff into a pit of spikes.

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Maelstache posted:

It’s a reference to the UK government which had a „reasonable worst case scenario“ for Covid. At the moment your situation is worse than that abomination of a sentence.
The situation in the US is also rapidly approaching something worse than expected/ feared.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's claims of voter fraud – US president has made baseless claims of voter ‘fraud’ and declared victory, even as important battleground states remain too close to call"

Telegraph:

UK government borrowing soars to record high during Covid pandemic

Matt:

Independent:

Rudy Giuliani: from hero of 9/11 to leader of Trump's last stand; After Goya.

Times:

Evening Standard:

How UK government misrepresented Covid projections – explained

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on… window visits

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
gently caress off Brookes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Joe Biden's route to the presidency — Democrat poised to become 46th president of the US, after a record turnout in an unique and turbulent election" After Emanuel Leutze.

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Felix Vallotton.

The i paper:

Times:

After Chas Addams.

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on… the US election

Stephen Collins: