Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Nucleic Acids posted:

Wow people are optimistic on how great things will be with Trump gone and Biden in.

gently caress you guy. I’m savoring this moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
https://m.imgur.com/v8z2SuQ

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Nucleic Acids posted:

Wow people are optimistic on how great things will be with Trump gone and Biden in.
Let everyone enjoy the moment you gently caress

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I have no delusions about Biden's term--in this purely for schadenfreude. Watching Trump flail for two months will be fun and his stupid fanatical supporters.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I know it's a pyrrhic victory.

I know we still have so much work to do.

But still, this is a good feeling at this moment.

Thank you GA, thank you PA.

Thank you Gritty.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Ginette Reno posted:

Biden isn't nearly progressive enough for my tastes but I'm still going to enjoy the Trump tears.

:hmmyes:

Agreed. Biden’s not great, but at least him winning means Mnuchin, Miller, DeVos, et all are out.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The cabinet changes over. The cabinet changes over.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Ain't no boat parades in Philly

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Nucleic Acids posted:

You have four years to be cynical, feel free to be happy for a second that people kicked out their far right extremist leader, as anyone on the left would cheer if it happened in any other country

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

Skippy McPants posted:

It's really not. Now there will be a national COVID plan. Now there will be people in the executive Cabinet who aren't 100% cronies there to destroy or loot their department. Now there won't be hatred coming from the top US leadership every loving day.

It is a real victory.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Nucleic Acids posted:

nah man it's gonna suck poo poo under biden, but we've got about 2 months between today and then to enjoy Trump and his having a screaming meltdown over getting bodied so let's just enjoy that before mr crime bill rolls in to make nothing fundamentally change.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I love my city

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Biden administration is at least acknowledging COVID exists and is getting worse. I'll take that improvement over daily misinformation and lies

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

everyone should probably reflect that at the minimum, philly owns

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Thank gently caress for that.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

If Biden's leads hold in the other states, it's 306 electoral votes, right?

Trump only got 304 last time. He used to harp on about that being some great "never-been-done" victory. This will shut him up about that, big time.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 6, 2020

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Congratulations from Eastern Europe

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Mouse Dresser posted:

:hmmyes:

Agreed. Biden’s not great, but at least him winning means Mnuchin, Miller, DeVos, et all are out.

That and all the obstruction will be gone. We can peel back the lid on the corruption that has been going on and the IRS will answer that request to the senate in about 30 seconds Jan 20.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

If you're not watching Fox News right now you should be, they're just constantly dunking on Trump and his poo poo and it's glorious

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Young Freud posted:

If Biden's leads hold in the other states, it's 306 electoral votes, right?

Trump only got 304 last time.

CNN says he got 306 last time.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Pick posted:

The cabinet changes over. The cabinet changes over.

If McConnell is in charge of the Senate, there may be no cabinet.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I'm starting an It's Always Sunny rewatch immediately what a great day

Tomoe Goonzen
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
https://twitter.com/Eloka01/status/1324714803236057088

speng31b
May 8, 2010

BDawg posted:

Good thing Trump set a precedent for "acting everything" and who cares.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Inglonias posted:

He won states worth 306 but there were two faithless electors

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skippy McPants posted:

My dud this isn't a pyrrhic victory at all.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Inglonias posted:

He won 306 but had two faithless electors because they knew it wouldn't actually change the outcome.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

TyrantWD posted:

It is all on GA. AK is lost, NC is gone too - the outstanding ballots in NC would need to break 80-20 in the Democrat's favor, which almost certainly won't happen.

AK is likely lost, but not 100%. The democratic challenger seems to believe he has a good chance of pulling it off.

https://twitter.com/DrAlGrossAK/status/1324520257885773824

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
It took a being even fatter and more orange to defeat Trump.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
How can anyone be miserable to see trump booted out, idgi

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Hey guys we’re going to have a President who takes the global pandemic seriously and won’t hate his best national experts because they’re getting more media buzz then him and also won’t blatantly ignore public health officials.

Pyrrhic victory at best.

Oh the secretary of education won’t actively be working to destroy public education, pffft like what is even the *point* of a Biden presidency.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Al Gross is an independent, but he would caucus with Democrats.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Agencies under the executive branch, led by appointment:

Dept of Ag
Commerce
Defense
Education
Energy
Health and human services
Homeland security
HUD
Justice
Labor
State
Interior
Treasury
Transportation
VA

These are just the executive level departments and doesn’t include the very extensive alphabet intel agencies etc. They are almost entirely uniformly headed by chuds right now. Biden is not remotely left enough but just having competent not-evil people heading these agencies is a win for everyone.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Ginette Reno posted:

Biden isn't nearly progressive enough for my tastes but I'm still going to enjoy the Trump tears.

Ehh he’s a vehicle to get rid of trumpworld and remove the Nazis from the WH. Now it’s time to primary the old dem guard and get rid of Schumer. (We should have done it now and we did with several new progressive reps)

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Diamond Joe Biden

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Inglonias posted:

If Biden takes NV, AZ, PA and GA he gets to 306. Trump taking the rest puts him at 232. Exactly the EV result in 2016.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BougieBitch posted:

It's not a trend though, it's ONLY the case in ME. When you see an outlier like that you need to say "why is this different" and the answer is that Collins makes noises about being a "sane" Republican and is one of like 3 possible deciding votes on anything that goes to the Senate. More than likely, the fact that her name is constantly in the news makes Mainers want to vote for her, because she's clearly "doing work" if she is so talked about (nevermind that it's just a successful PR campaign rather than anything substantial).

Feinstein saved her seat and Graham's, single handedly.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

8 years ago on this day, I posted "Donald Trump is openly calling for a revolution on Twitter" on my Facebook Feed.

Time is a flat circle.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

BDawg posted:

It's better than having a cabinet that actively tries to destroy the departments they're in charge of. It's shocking that one of the people I feared the most, Mnuchin, ended up being one of the least terrible people in all of Trump's cabinet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I hope, wherever he landed after being run out of CSPAM, Boosted_C5 is having a terrible day today