Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Do they still come included with easter eggs?

I have one, but I mostly use it for dipping sauces or holding small amounts of salt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

wesleywillis posted:

Can confirm this. My friend's mom uses an egg cup on a regular basis.

I bet she does, I bet she does.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
my family never had egg cups we just used shot glasses to hold soft boiled eggs lol

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

what kind of psycho eats boiled eggs? what, you guys don't have pans? You can't make fried eggs? Psychos?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Life hack: you don't have to eat soft-boiled eggs, you can eat hard-boiled eggs like an actual adult human being.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Truga posted:

my family never had egg cups we just used shot glasses to hold soft boiled eggs lol

Now I want to get some egg cups to do shots out of.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Life hack: you don't have to eat soft-boiled eggs, you can eat hard-boiled eggs like an actual adult human being.

i heaven't eaten a boiled egg since i was like 10, because they're disgusting op

soft boiled ones are sorta fine i guess but here's a stupid lifehack: but why settle for boiled eggs when you can fry them like a normal person

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Hardboiled eggs make an easy addition to a lunchbox.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Dip Viscous posted:

Egg cups aren't really a thing in the US, to the point that I'd never heard of one until a couple of years ago. We do, in fact, just pick up the egg and eat it.

Then how do you dip soldiers in a runny egg?!

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Weirdass egg essentialism going on here

Softboiled: with buttered toast for breakfast, in an egg cup ofc
Hard boiled: for dinner with a ham or other meaty sandwich
Fried (sunny side up): sunday treat. Also with bacon if we're feeling fancy
Scrambled: three of them with extra poo poo (cheese, veggies...) if you want a full meal
Poached: order at a restaurant because it's hard (please by all means I invite 20 people to jump in screaming IT'S SUPER EASY I POACH EGGS EVERY DAY)

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Simply Simon posted:

Weirdass egg essentialism going on here

Softboiled: with buttered toast for breakfast, in an egg cup ofc
Hard boiled: for dinner with a ham or other meaty sandwich
Fried (sunny side up): sunday treat. Also with bacon if we're feeling fancy
Scrambled: three of them with extra poo poo (cheese, veggies...) if you want a full meal
Poached: order at a restaurant because it's hard (please by all means I invite 20 people to jump in screaming IT'S SUPER EASY I POACH EGGS EVERY DAY)

Okay.

These things make reasonable poached eggs in the microwave. I like poached eggs on toast and this is the only way I can do it.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

blatman posted:

i've never shined my tires so I don't know what this stuff actually does but hypothetically could someone tire shine leather pants? google doesn't seem to be spitting out answers in either direction
I just go with good old saddle soap or leather cleaner and then neatsfoot oil.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Oh, misread your post then. Good ol’ text communication missing a lot of subtext.

I’m amazed that there isn’t a version of those that makes one specific pretty gnarly compound. It’s a very unstable explosive and students accidentally making it shuts down a university chem lab like once a year.
Acid catalyzed peroxidation is exothermic? Who would have known? (aside from anyone who has taken a college chemistry class, which incidentally turns Wikipedia into a cookbook for drugs and explosives)

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

just loving drink the egg whos got time to loving cook it's loving 2020 you idiots
Fry? Boil? Microwave? if you want a hard egg eat a banana, natures solid egg.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Facebook Aunt posted:

Okay.

These things make reasonable poached eggs in the microwave. I like poached eggs on toast and this is the only way I can do it.
Did you just give me a lifehack

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Scientastic posted:

Then how do you dip soldiers in a runny egg?!

We dip them into the sunny side up fried eggs that are sitting on our plate next to them.

Simply Simon posted:

Did you just give me a lifehack

No, because this is a purchasable product that would do the job well. The life hack would be instructions on how to build a non-functional replica of this out of random garbage and hot glue.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Simply Simon posted:

Well, all right then.

I'm probably not properly poaching my eggs, but the only easier method for making eggs I've come across is to eat them raw.

Put pan on burner, with about half an inch of water. Add a dollop of vinegar, set to high heat.
Crack intended number of eggs (usually 2 for me ) into measuring cup for easy pouring.
Once roiling boil achieved, turn off heat, let bubbling settle a bit, pour in eggs, one yolk at a time.
Cover and set timer for 4 minutes.(At least, that's what works for my electric burner stove.)
Scoop out with slotted spoon.

maltesh has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Nov 6, 2020

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I used to really like a soft-boiled egg. Egg cups are necessary in order to scrap out all the egg from inside.

Shotglasses do work too, though.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

It is super easy to poach eggs you nerds.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RoboRodent posted:

Egg cups are necessary in order to scrap out all the egg from inside.

No they aren't if you peel the egg. The white is going to be solid no matter what.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Life hack: don't be English or American. Life will be so much easier.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Posting skelington face is illegal after Halloween

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I just don't use the cup for soft-boiled eggs. I used to play oboe as a child, so I suppose I possess an above average sense of accuracy when it comes to doing things with my fingers, and I can gently scrape out the whole egg with a spoon without ever breaking the shell (bar taking off the top to get the spoon in, obviously). I never suspected it was a unique skill, but now I feel more powerful than ever. Going to have a cheeky night egg before bed to foster this previously unknown feeling.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Back to what started eggchat, though, why the spoon at all? Why not just discard the shell before you eat it?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dip Viscous posted:

Back to what started eggchat, though, why the spoon at all? Why not just discard the shell before you eat it?

You lick the spoon, dip it in some salt, boom, a perfectly seasoned piece of egg every time. Plus, you might dip something into the yoke before eating the rest of the egg, and then a spoon is the only option, really.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

maltesh posted:

Well, all right then.

I'm probably not properly poaching my eggs, but the only easier method for making eggs I've come across is to eat them raw.

Put pan on burner, with about half an inch of water. Add a dollop of vinegar, set to high heat.
Crack intended number of eggs (usually 2 for me ) into measuring cup for easy pouring.
Once roiling boil achieved, turn off heat, let bubbling settle a bit, pour in eggs, one yolk at a time.
Cover and set timer for 4 minutes.(At least, that's what works for my electric burner stove.)
Scoop out with slotted spoon.

Agreed, that is not that much effort. But it's still more effort than hot pan -> pinch of butter -> crack egg into pan -> flip -> breakfast. Mornings are very hard for some people. I like to do "breakfast for dinner" now and then with all the bells and whistles, but in the actual morning I usually have black coffee, butter toast, and a fruit or cup of yogurt because I can't be hosed to do anything more. A fried or scrambled egg means I must have been extra perky that day.

The real reason I never poach eggs at home is that the only dish I ever crave with poached eggs is eggs benedict. I am not making hollandaise/bearnaise at 9AM, even on a weekend. You find a good diner/cafe that has eggs benny that are always on point, you got a real breakfast gem. The sauce and the poached egg are both both fairly delicate procedures in a hectic kitchen slinging hash and griddling up a couple dozen pancakes, eggs, and salted meats all at the same time. If the eggs benny are always good, you know they got everything else locked down. Take people there and everyone will be really happy about their meal.

This is my lifehack on how to find a good breakfast diner. Thank you for coming to my TED talk

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The easy way to make eggs is to use an egg cooker. Anything else and you're literally killing the planet (more).

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

WITCHCRAFT posted:

You find a good diner/cafe that has eggs benny that are always on point, you got a real breakfast gem.

Eggs benny are where it's at. Now a days ot seems like you can't just get regular eggs benny. Everywhere has like poached salmon with arugula, or sausage on a biscuit with white gravy.

What the loving is wrong with people, they're treating it like pizza with no rules.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The easy way to make eggs is to use an egg cooker. Anything else and you're literally killing the planet (more).

You mean like the Rollie Eggmaster? The fleshlight that makes an egg hotdog, and slowly poops the eggdog out of its hole when finished? Like watching your dog pinch off a loaf in the backyard but then you pick up the poop and make a breakfast sandwich with it???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4myjbiSNAA

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WITCHCRAFT posted:

You mean like the Rollie Eggmaster? The fleshlight that makes an egg hotdog, and slowly poops the eggdog out of its hole when finished? Like watching your dog pinch off a loaf in the backyard but then you pick up the poop and make a breakfast sandwich with it???

No.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Anyone who eats eggs any less than completely cooked is whack "AF" (as the kids say).

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
When you think about it, eggs are just chicken periods. Pretty gross.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Paladinus posted:

When you think about it, eggs are just chicken periods. Pretty gross.

That's what the guest speaker in my philosophy 101 class said, he was a vegan banned from Canada for breaking into a mink farm and letting them go

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

WITCHCRAFT posted:

Agreed, that is not that much effort. But it's still more effort than hot pan -> pinch of butter -> crack egg into pan -> flip -> breakfast. Mornings are very hard for some people. I like to do "breakfast for dinner" now and then with all the bells and whistles, but in the actual morning I usually have black coffee, butter toast, and a fruit or cup of yogurt because I can't be hosed to do anything more. A fried or scrambled egg means I must have been extra perky that day.

One of the reasons I stopped frying for the quasi-poaching method was because of laziness: I'd generally still have to pay attention to the egg (either to flip it, or know when to remove it from the covered pan). The poaching method gives me the consistency I want on schedule.

That said, yeah, eggs are going to be an "I have more time" breakfast; at the very least, I'm going to fry some bread, pour some salsa on it, and drop the poached egg on top.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
French toast.

It egg. It butter. It toast.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Len posted:

That's what the guest speaker in my philosophy 101 class said, he was a vegan banned from Canada for breaking into a mink farm and letting them go

He was right. But the truth is the vast majority of people are filthy kinksters, and they perversely enjoy eating chicken periods.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I don't particularly care for eggs.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Me neither, I just eat them.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Blue Footed Booby posted:

But think of your species' survival!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

WITCHCRAFT posted:

You posted the wrong video.

https://youtu.be/TxaSnVVV-QU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Couldn't just use a knife to cut your egg, no much better to get really gross and messy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIgwh8mX2dQ&t=76s