Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I always assumed "dark science" was just another word for Zoss's fancy kung-fu magic powers that the demiurges seem to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Dark science is when you huff your own farts and brag about how progressive you are for sexualizing the waifu main character whenever you finally publish a single new page of your comic every few months.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Ive always interpreted the last 3 panels as Zoss wondering who the hell these people are and realizing what the gently caress what he did and what just happened
and how "gently caress, i guess this is what were doing now then" his face looks.

I feel like it has an energy that's more along the lines of the start of a movie like "Dude, Where's My Car?" or "The Hangover." Zoss got supremely wasted, went on an epic adventure, crashed, just now woke up, doesn't remember anything that happened last night, and is coming to terms with the fact that now that he's sober, he has to figure out what the gently caress he got up to while he was blitzed off his rear end.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Zoss's conquest of heaven was simply the result of his natural tall person instinct of entering a blind rage upon seeing people who have the audacity to be taller than him

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

TwoPair posted:

I think dark science is just mad science. Practicing dark science is just what gets you kicked out/discredited from your field and/or probably put in prison.

I am imagining this as a conversation between Alison and White Chain and it's good

I usually cast Todd as Alison but this makes a lot of sense.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

ThaumPenguin posted:

Zoss's conquest of heaven was simply the result of his natural tall person instinct of entering a blind rage upon seeing people who have the audacity to be taller than him

I feel this all the time!

Maybe I too can become royalty.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Kalli posted:

Shamefully, he did not follow his own wisdom and obtained royalty regardless

That happens 4 years before Ray learns his lesson about royalty.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

That happens 4 years before Ray learns his lesson about royalty.

Obviously Ray could not break the wheel.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

ConfusedUs posted:

I genuinely wish Abbadon would sell some of his devils' clothes. A KILL BOSS jacket over a TOP top with EVIL pantaloons? Why yes, I'll buy three sets.

:same:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I never realized that they show Maya as one of the first to amass power through conquest. Also in a page or two mottom has her tits out and no one cares back then...

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

TK-42-1 posted:

I never realized that they show Maya as one of the first to amass power through conquest. Also in a page or two mottom has her tits out and no one cares back then...

The war was already in full swing when she started to train with Meti, though.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Nobody cared when Jagganoth had his dumped out either

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

I've always liked the third pic here because it seems to imply that Jaggs wasn't always 30 feet tall and was once only 8 or 9 feet tall.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

wiegieman posted:

The war was already in full swing when she started to train with Meti, though.

The story flashback imagery isn't meant to be literal.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1324929648036294656

Time to bug out.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1324929648036294656?s=20

Bonus:

https://twitter.com/Beigemoth/status/1324526627439538177?s=20

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

quote:

“There are among men who vie for the Crown of the World men who cultivate evil Atum, who break the meridians and suck out the marrow of other men, who participate in blood alchemy and all kinds of dark and malicious alignments.

These men are the most powerful among immortals, but they are not to be envied. They are piteous, broken things that must be destroyed with exceeding force whenever they crawl out of their stinking holes. If one were to sit upon the Great Chariot of the Red City, it would be a most terrible thing indeed.”

– Six Purities Path manuscript, circa 250 S.C.

Don't worry, pretty sure Maya's planning on doing exactly that.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Worry for Allison's friends. :ohdear:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Holy poo poo.

Maybe incubus isn’t completely terrible?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Incubus appears to be juicing, disqualifying him from the royal rumble

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Also turns out Solomon can in fact block Jagganoth's attacks.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

TK-42-1 posted:

Holy poo poo.

Ehhh... We don't know what he's going to do. He made SOME kind of pact with Jaggonoth. Is he going back on that pact? Is he about to backstab them? Does he genuinely care for her, or does he need her alive for some nefarious plan later?

Also, will Maya swoop in and save the day by killing him, or utterly gently caress up the situation worse?

skaianDestiny posted:

Also turns out Solomon can in fact block Jagganoth's attacks.

Yeah I'm gonna guess 1) it was less dangerous to dodge and 2) he didn't actually realize Jaggs was going to kill a bunch of people with that first attack. So Jaggs probably did that intentionally to goad him into blocking future attacks to wear him down.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TK-42-1 posted:

Holy poo poo.

Said moments before he stabs Solomon in the back then slime ports in a bunch of Jagg's army to get tore up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ehhh... We don't know what he's going to do. He made SOME kind of pact with Jaggonoth. Is he going back on that pact? Is he about to backstab them? Does he genuinely care for her, or does he need her alive for some nefarious plan later?

Also, will Maya swoop in and save the day by killing him, or utterly gently caress up the situation worse?

Yeah I'm gonna guess 1) it was less dangerous to dodge and 2) he didn't actually realize Jaggs was going to kill a bunch of people with that first attack. So Jaggs probably did that intentionally to goad him into blocking future attacks to wear him down.

My read has been that Incubus is stuck being Jaggy's minion rather than it being entirely mutual, and Allison is his trump card to get out from whatever deal he's stuck in with Jagganoth.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

It's unlikely that Incubus thinks of himself as the good guy, but I'd bet he thinks of himself as the least bad guy.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

quote:

They are piteous, broken things that must be destroyed with exceeding force whenever they crawl out of their stinking holes.

honestly this manuscript has really got incubus' number

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

wiegieman posted:

It's unlikely that Incubus thinks of himself as the good guy, but I'd bet he thinks of himself as the least bad guy.
I think Incubus has made it extremely clear in his conversations with Allison that he considers good and bad to be a petty distinction best left to people who can't do whatever the hell they want. He styles himself a prince of the universe who takes, breaks, kills, or conquers whatever he pleases.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

So? Allison's world is in Mottom's domain, and is implied to be getting along fine because Mottom hasn't "put any effort into ruling" it. The universe doesn't need and isn't improved by some megalomaniac carving it into their own image.

If Rayuba had nice aesthetics before it was destroyed as collateral damage between the godlings fighting over it cause Solomon wanted it, well, so did Mottom's palace, for the same reasons.
I think you make a really good point, but it's also obvious why Solomon sees it the way he does. Rayba was getting along fine, until someone came along and subjugated it: the formative experience of his life was being conquered. Most of the places we've seen in this universe are ruled by some form of imposed power, from gangs collecting "protection" money from citizens of Throne all the way up to the demiurges themselves. Solomon's failure isn't to see the evidence in front of him. If you told him about Allison's world, he would reply that they had their own tyrants and were living on borrowed time in any case. His failure is being unable to imagine that it could be any other way.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Incubus about to find pleasure in the result of cutting all up in this bitch.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

RBA Starblade posted:

Incubus appears to be juicing, disqualifying him from the royal rumble

It looks like he spends all his time in that disgusting blood pool to absorb more energy from his foes. He's essentially a leech.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Isn't that what devils do?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, I'm sure that Incubus is about to do something horrible, but warning Allison that she needs to run before it happens is a level of basic decency that it wasn't obvious he was capable of until now.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Also her getting killed here would probably mess with his plans.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, she's supposed to be his trump card, so not getting her out of the way before she ends up as collateral damage would be a very bad move on his part.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I just assumed he was about to go into a berserker rage.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Darth Walrus posted:

I mean, I'm sure that Incubus is about to do something horrible, but warning Allison that she needs to run before it happens is a level of basic decency that it wasn't obvious he was capable of until now.

Decency might be a stretch. I doubt his designs on Allison, which clearly involve keeping her alive for now, spring from the goodness of his heart. I doubt that describes anything he does.

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Aww, Incubus has a bit of a soft spot for Allison.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

Incubus and Allison, sitting on a key

C U T T I N G

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
I agree it is largely practical reasons Incubus is warning Allison off for, but I think given he expected Jagganoth to do this later, he is probably considering the possibility of just helping the others put him out since he can't risk him killing everyone before she is ready. Don't think he is gonna hold back either, unless he thinks it's gonna get him killed (that's likely gonna be Solomon's thing, likely being unable to accept the loss of another Rayuba).

He can always find another hulking monster to be a decoy, but not another universe.

thechosenone fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Nov 7, 2020

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Rhaka posted:

Incubus and Allison, sitting on a key

C U T T I N G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

There Bias Two posted:

It looks like he spends all his time in that disgusting blood pool to absorb more energy from his foes. He's essentially a leech.

That could be his thing. Maybe that's why he does the ambition thing - help people power themselves up to the point where they're worth leeching off, then they all end up in the pit getting the life sucked out of them. Whether or not that's what he planned for Allison, it could be these hilarious losers' fate https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-4-28-king-of-the-pit/