Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucania
May 1, 2009

highme posted:

Same guys from last night.

And their Hummer apparently now has a parking ticket and Gritty sign:

https://twitter.com/DavidMcAlpine/status/1324815732316798976?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is anyone else celebrating with a drink now that we’re through the week?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Trump won't run in 2024, because there's too much chance for him to be shamed by failing in the primary. However for the next few years he will keep teasing that he could run because it helps the grifting.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
On inauguration day: "I, Joseph Biden, hereby claim..."

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Apraxin posted:

Deadline was an hour ago, still waiting on confirmation of how many turned up:
https://twitter.com/BrendanKeefe/status/1324840606871552001

Georgia started the day with a little more than 10,000 votes remaining, they dropped a batch of 7000ish earlier, that batch get Biden his 4k lead. According this tweet about 600 of the outstanding ballots got in over the course of the day. That means if the final value of votes that got in before Close of Business is less than around 400, the margin exceeds the remaining vote and Biden officially wins Georgia, full stop.

Aside from the legally mandated recount of course.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

DeathChicken posted:

I highly doubt Trump is alive in 2024. Dude is morbidly obese and currently ignoring Covid via a bevy of mystery drugs

Between stress and other mental factors, a lack of access to Presidential healthcare, and the inevitable lingering effects of COVID-19, I imagine that as soon as Trump is out of the White House his health will nosedive hard and fast.

It's easy to avoid the consequences of poor mental and physical health when you're the most powerful and - by virtue of the care you are given access to - de facto wealthiest human being on the planet. When you actually have to pay for treatments and care and people don't have a super vested interest in making sure you don't die or get crippled, it's a lot harder.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

Trump won't run in 2024, because there's too much chance for him to be shamed by failing in the primary. However for the next few years he will keep teasing that he could run because it helps the grifting.

My guess is he'll find a qanon nut to mentor and run them. If they lose, he's safe but if they win he can be the power behind the throne.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.

It's poo poo like this that's grinding the counting to a halt. gently caress.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Between stress and other mental factors, a lack of access to Presidential healthcare, and the inevitable lingering effects of COVID-19, I imagine that as soon as Trump is out of the White House his health will nosedive hard and fast.

It's easy to avoid the consequences of poor mental and physical health when you're the most powerful and - by virtue of the care you are given access to - de facto wealthiest human being on the planet. When you actually have to pay for treatments and care and people don't have a super vested interest in making sure you don't die or get crippled, it's a lot harder.

I'm pretty sure presidential healthcare doesn't work like commoner healthcare, and it extends past their term of employment.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Sanguinia posted:

(Hillary as Valkyrie? How can you NOT laugh at that?)

Well, she did spend years dealing with virtual slaves on a little rock, so it fits.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

drainpipe posted:

What if he just claims it hereby for electoral purposes?

Depends. Is there a gold fringe on the flag he's hugging?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

DeathChicken posted:

I highly doubt Trump is alive in 2024. Dude is morbidly obese and currently ignoring Covid via a bevy of mystery drugs

Look at him, he should have died 15 years ago.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Josh Lyman posted:

I haven’t had a drink in like a year (not in recovery or anything, I just don’t drink casually or socially) and I’m making a gently caress-off jack and coke tonight.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

He still gets top notch healthcare, but I give him six months when the pressures he's largely avoided in office are going to hit him like a bag of bricks.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Push El Burrito posted:

It was cringey until Ant Man popped up then it was hilarious.

I forced myself through on your comment and have to agree now.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
CNN is never going to call it. With airports being half empty thanks to covid their normal audience has disappeared. They're getting the best ratings they've had all year, no way they do anything that would bring that to an end.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Sanguinia posted:

Georgia started the day with a little more than 10,000 votes remaining, they dropped a batch of 7000ish earlier, that batch get Biden his 4k lead. According this tweet about 600 of the outstanding ballots got in over the course of the day. That means if the final value of votes that got in before Close of Business is less than around 400, the margin exceeds the remaining vote and Biden officially wins Georgia, full stop.

Aside from the legally mandated recount of course.
5k in provisionals to be judged and possibly counted as well
https://twitter.com/BrendanKeefe/status/1324822389562236929

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I can't wait for the new georgia wing of the DNC to demand Hillary's emails as concessions for bidens win.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Apraxin posted:

5k in provisionals to be judged and possibly counted as well
https://twitter.com/BrendanKeefe/status/1324822389562236929

Rats. :(

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1324855496722026498

I don't think he gets it still...

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Trump is totally going to try and push one of his offspring for 2024 and his supporters will eat it up. The rest of the Republicans probably won't.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

KodiakRS posted:

CNN is never going to call it. With airports being half empty thanks to covid their normal audience has disappeared. They're getting the best ratings they've had all year, no way they do anything that would bring that to an end.

Oh God are they gonna fox news us and be whining about Trump's election interference for like 4 years because THE RATINGS MUST GO ON

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

not to covok or anything, but steve kornacki says that we shouldn't count our chickens in pennsylvania yet since there's still 100k more ballots left, with biden only leading by 15k or so. is that something to worry about?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

MRLOLAST posted:

Trump is totally going to try and push one of his offspring for 2024 and his supporters will eat it up. The rest of the Republicans probably won't.

PLEASE BE ERIC I need another loving Jeb in the ring.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Mr Interweb posted:

not to covok or anything, but steve kornacki says that we shouldn't count our chickens in pennsylvania yet since there's still 100k more ballots left, with biden only leading by 15k or so. is that something to worry about?

Yes. Worry your rear end off. Or don't. It won't change anything.

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
Sooo.... given how narrow the margins have been in several key states what the hell are we going to do in 2024 when Trump runs again and doesn't have the albatross of a failed coronavirus response hanging around his neck?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rea posted:

It's poo poo like this that's grinding the counting to a halt. gently caress.

Thats the point. One business trick is to stall stuff until you eventually discover a way out.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

NoDamage posted:

Sooo.... given how narrow the margins have been in several key states what the hell are we going to do in 2024 when Trump runs again and doesn't have the albatross of a failed coronavirus response hanging around his neck?

...not worry because he'll have the albatross of being a loser hanging around his neck?

republicans like candidates that don't lose

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Sup Groundhog day election crew. Bout to get into my Costco bottle of rum.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

NoDamage posted:

He will be bankrupt and/or in jail. If he's even alive. SDNY is coming for him, there's no shortage of federal prosecutors looking to make a name for themselves, he's millions of dollars in debt. One of his kids might run, but they have nowhere near the appeal to Trump's base, except maybe they'd vote for Ivanka.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

NoDamage posted:

I'm banking on him just spontaneously exploding like a Fist of the North Star character before then, tbh

Auxiliary
Dec 24, 2005
Trump 3rd party? gently caress up ted’s wife again

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

NoDamage posted:

Who fuckin' knows? Does Biden even seek re-election? Is COVID-19 just a memory? There are too many variables to talk about 2024 before we declare a winner for 2020.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Mr Interweb posted:

Nope. Unless they were presorted to hold on to only Trump votes in the end for drama, Biden has consistently gotten ~80% of the votes since election day in Pennsylvania. For that to suddenly change now is so mathematically unlikely as to be functionally impossible.

aRudeTeen
Jul 13, 2003

Josh Lyman posted:

Honeypot

UncleButts
Sep 25, 2003

pure of heart
dumb of ass

Auxiliary posted:

Trump 3rd party?

Bullshit Moose Party

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

How do they plan to incie civil war in a loving hummer it's gonna die after like 6 miles into their 60mph chase

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Mouse Dresser posted:

I can’t imagine that Fox would want to give him his own show. After the Fox and Friends anchors bristled at Trump suggesting he call in to the show once a week.

He’s too lazy to do his own show. What he’ll want is access to some Tucker-type outfit that he can call into whenever the mood strikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
E: never mind not the official account