Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nice. Alternatively, the last couple minutes of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8t_2vSLwFg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Maybe this isn't the right subforum for this, but I'm genuinely so freaked out about his cult right now. There's a sizable portion of the population who fully believe that their election is being unfairly stolen. I should definitely get off Twitter for the day.

Trump's laughable rear end arguments in court will go away but these people are here to stay and they're just gonna get angrier.

Someone asked very early on in the thread how the hell we deprogram these people. I wish there were a good answer.

They’re chickenshits. Don’t worry about them.

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

Really is annoying how useless the media is. Call the loving election.

Yeah, while legally the elections are handled by various state and federal laws and agencies, as we saw in 2000 with Bush vs Gore the media is an integral part of the process. They set the precedent that Americans expect officials to follow for what the result is. It's not in laws anywhere, but like anything in society, what can and can not be done is always a matter of what the masses are willing to accept.

So the media dragging their feet is literally giving legitimacy to Trump's lunacy, giving the benefit of the doubt to the man who never in his life earned it.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Maybe this isn't the right subforum for this, but I'm genuinely so freaked out about his cult right now. There's a sizable portion of the population who fully believe that their election is being unfairly stolen. I should definitely get off Twitter for the day.

Trump's laughable rear end arguments in court will go away but these people are here to stay and they're just gonna get angrier.

Someone asked very early on in the thread how the hell we deprogram these people. I wish there were a good answer.

There has always been racist here. The best we can hope for is they they go back into hiding and its get a lot loving harder to recruit again.

You deprogram the people on the fringes by making his supporters look like clowns.

They want to show up and fight at protests, we gotta show up and dance.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Phoix posted:

SCOTUS orders PA to keep doing what they're doing

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1324877087996567557

Hmm, maybe the Supreme Court won’t save his rear end.

The right has control of the court for the next thirty to forty years, they don’t need Trump anymore.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Ginette Reno posted:

Who cares what the media calls? It changes nothing.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I love the juxtaposition of the trump supporters waving whatever cheap trump poo poo they bought off of Amazon, gun show tables and white vans on the side of the road while the biden side has loving, unique and witty handcrafted signs.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Apparently everyone in the media is still shellshocked from the 2000 election to call it unless they are absolutely sure.

On the other hand loving CALL IT I WANT MY TRUMP PHOENIX-WRIGHT-STYLE FINAL BREAKDOWN

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

Fart Amplifier posted:

It will give us the next dopamine hit of GOP tears ok

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
My family and I went out for dinner. We wanted a break from the election. We got seated next to the tv on Fox News. Only seats available. They wouldn't change the TV.

Fun.

My entire family is getting sick of CNN. My mother put it well: they are all cow-towing to Trump. They're too afraid to stand-up to Trump so they're dragging this out for no reason.

Auxiliary
Dec 24, 2005
The .5 margin should shrink with less outstanding votes duh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Appoda posted:

As someone who watched wrestling mostly as a child, I was really crazy for Lucha Underground when it was on. Kind of woke up that adoration for the medium I didn't know I still had. If I had the time for a 2hr/week show, I'd probably be watching AEW.

AEW rules, if you get the time, come watch in FIGHT ISLAND :)

Ginette Reno posted:

I appreciate that they're acknowledging the (unlikely) mathematical possibility that things could change, but holy poo poo going to bed each night and waking up to find the electoral count EXACTLY the same as it was the night before has been maddening.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Fart Amplifier posted:

You're right, but I want to to victory shots instead of anxiety/depression sips. It's 100% selfishness.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Please don't spoil the half-time show for Biden's Inauguration.

Nice.

Thanks to everyone who leapt to share that work of art.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Covok posted:

My family and I went out for dinner. We wanted a break from the election. We got seated next to the tv on Fox News. Only seats available. They wouldn't change the TV.

Fun.

My entire family is getting sick of CNN. My mother put it well: they are all cow-towing to Trump. They're too afraid to stand-up to Trump so they're dragging this out for no reason.

This is ridiculous. They're not afraid of Trump. They have been outright insulting him for a year and throwing shade for more than that. They're doing it for ratings.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery
The media set an arbitrary threshold for when they would call it. The states kept lying to everyone about how long it would take. So now they're stuck with a threshold that is going to take days and give no extra clarity about an inevitable Biden win. But they aren't just going to toss out the threshold for no reason.

A normal election takes way less time to count and the incumbent would have conceded by now. It's not really the media's fault this is going on so long, their call is a meaningless formality anyway.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

I’m having fun picturing this going down like the Elian Gonzalez raid, with troops finding Trump hiding in a closet and carrying him out of the WH crying

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://mobile.twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1324882973116801029

I like Fetterman :unsmith:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Anecdotal if it helps: the chuds in my neighborhood (including the 2X-C-C-C-COMBO fire chief and police captain five doors down with the giant blue AND red line flag and a cruiser and/or fire patrol truck parked in his driveway at all times) have already taken down all their Trump signs.

The Biden ones are all still up, including all the handmade BLM etc ones (and an official-looking "BIDEN/HARRIS / OBVIOUSLY")

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BonoMan posted:

This is ridiculous. They're not afraid of Trump. They have been outright insulting him for a year and throwing shade for more than that. They're doing it for ratings.

Cuomo overnight basically going,"Here is a tweet from Donald Trump. These won't go away but we are fast approaching a point where we are no longer obligated to pay attention to them" was a beautiful moment.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

AEW rules, if you get the time, come watch in FIGHT ISLAND :)

There's a pay per view this weekend. AEW PPVs are usually a great time and well worth the money and time investment and this one has had a particularly good build-up so if anybody reading this thread is looking for something fun to do for a few hours to take a break from this election stuff, we'd love to have you over at FRIGHT ISLAND.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

from what I remember, the VF White House guy's coverage is full of fantasy

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

There's a pay per view this weekend. AEW PPVs are usually a great time and well worth the money and time investment and this one has had a particularly good build-up so if anybody reading this thread is looking for something fun to do for a few hours to take a break from this election stuff, we'd love to have you over at FRIGHT ISLAND.

To continue the shilling for AEW, if you want a fun, easy watch, they've got a show called AEW Dark on youtube. Best commentary team in wrestling right now.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

https://twitter.com/RileySnyder/status/1324882294989942784?s=20

Nice. Should have em all counted by Christmas I reckon.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Kevyn posted:

I’m having fun picturing this going down like the Elian Gonzalez raid, with troops finding Trump hiding in a closet and carrying him out of the WH crying

This would be a hilarious photoshop.

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

No promises, but

When and where is Fight Island?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Appoda posted:

No promises, but

If you are talking about the UFC it's Abu Dhabi's Yas Island.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Appoda posted:

No promises, but

FRIGHT ISLAND is our subforum, the pay per view, Full Gear, will be tomorrow night at 8 PM ET, 49.99 in the US, available on cable and Bleacher Report Live.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think if one network called it the rest would follow suit in short order. It's a bizarre game of ratings chicken.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Biden not speaking? I bet he thought PA would be called by now. Everyone knew he'd win it on Wednesday.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Appoda posted:

No promises, but

Its one of those other forums on here.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer
Two more votes counted in Nevada. Trump and Biden each picked one up, doesn't look like Trump is getting the margins he needs.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

MJeff posted:

FRIGHT ISLAND is our subforum, the pay per view, Full Gear, will be tomorrow night at 8 PM ET, 49.99 in the US, available on cable and Bleacher Report Live.

I'm so loving pumped for Full Gear.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJeff posted:

And if you're not in the US (entirely possible despite this thread's purpose), it's available MUCH cheaper on fite.tv

Sorry, I'll stop shilling for AEW (which rules) now and go back to enjoying the 4-year overdue corncobbing of Donald Trump.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Super-Id posted:

Two more votes counted in Nevada. Trump and Biden each picked one up, doesn't look like Trump is getting the margins he needs.

I'm picturing Nevada being like

"And we finally have the results in for Smurg County, 2.5 million sq miles"

"... Three votes, 2 Biden, 1 Trump"

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Lol, I thought Fight Island was some wrestling promo I'd never heard of, like Wrestle Kingdom. My bad.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/MatthewKeysLive/status/1324882354771423233

MODS: General Election Liveposting Thread: Joe Biden Is A Hologram

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Covok posted:

Biden not speaking? I bet he thought PA would be called by now. Everyone knew he'd win it on Wednesday.

Given your posting history, you saying everyone knew he win it on Wednesday made me laugh. I hope you are doing well given things are still looking very positive.

Covok
May 27, 2013

It is 2022. It is the third year of the 2020 election. Biden is up in Pennsylvania by 180k votes and has been President for two years. The media has still not called it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Arsenic Lupin posted:

https://twitter.com/MatthewKeysLive/status/1324882354771423233

MODS: General Election Liveposting Thread: Joe Biden Is A Hologram

Joe and the Holograms are Truly Outrageous!