Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

Trump has the right idea. We should know the election winner on the night of the election.

This drawn out process is no good for everyone. Every GOP governor and Secretary of State should allow their state to begin counting mail in/early votes ahead of time. This is can’t be pleasant for them either.

In PA the GOP state legislature set the rules that prevented the mail ballots from being processed before election day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer

Note Block posted:

Welcome to the next four years.

I voted and things aren't better immediately, WTF

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Glumslinger posted:

Dave was a good movie

Remember that scene in the movie where the bad guy gets revealed as having been involved in a scandal and all the people supporting him immediately abandon him? :shobon:

I guess that's how we knew it was fiction...

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Trump never made antibodies. He went off injected ones that probably aren't there no more

They had 200 people MASKLESS on election night in the WH including meadows.

get hosed assholes!

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Zwabu posted:

I know that. But it seems increasingly clear they want a hundred percent certainty before making the call and that will require the uncounted votes to be less than the lead. I am just wondering if it will even happen this weekend.

NBC said they'll call PA once Biden's lead gets to 35000, he's about 7,000 away from that.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

J Detan posted:

Patience, we have whole four years to be mildly bummed out! Pace yourself.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

J Detan posted:

We were reliably told, by the PRESIDENT no less, that Covid would disappear on November 4th!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Trump's awake and tweeting. Yay.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Wild to think at this moment in time we have a different president but reality refuses to acknowledge it

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

J Detan posted:

You voted and Mark Meadows has the roni

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
Don't think I saw any mention of it here, but apparently Trump's niece was talking about how he must be taking the loss extra personally. There wasn't a massive blue wave shifting the senate and everything else, it was just people voting against him.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

borkencode posted:

Don't think I saw any mention of it here, but apparently Trump's niece was talking about how he must be taking the loss extra personally. There wasn't a massive blue wave shifting the senate and everything else, it was just people voting against him.

Goondolences

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

As agonizing as this was for us it was so much worse for Donald Trump and we should really enjoy that

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Phoix posted:

Wild to think at this moment in time we have a different president but reality refuses to acknowledge it

Trump is still president until January

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Anybody watch Fox in the past week? Were they particularly bullish on Trump's chances? All of the Trump supporters I know are blindsided by the election, especially the popular vote; they were expecting a Trump blowout.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Phoix posted:

CNN HEADLINE: Biden is literally about to have unprotected sexual intercourse with 270, we absolutely cannot show you what happens next

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

speng31b posted:

CNN HEADLINE: Biden is literally about to have unprotected sexual intercourse with 270, we absolutely cannot show you what happens next

We, however, think its proper to go steady and live together for one year before taking that step. Thus, we won't call it yet.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

speng31b posted:

Fox Headline: Crime, then full penetration, then crime, and then full penetration. And the election goes on like that until it just sort of.. ends.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I swear to god if they stretch this to next week I’m going to die from exhaustion. Actually, sincere question here, does anyone know the last time an election took this long to officially call? Was it 2000 with Bush vs Gore?

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese
Is there like, any way we can thank the volunteers counting the votes? I can only imagine what they've been through the last week.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Note Block posted:

I swear to god if they stretch this to next week I’m going to die from exhaustion. Actually, sincere question here, does anyone know the last time an election took this long to officially call? Was it 2000 with Bush vs Gore?

That went into December so yeah.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Note Block posted:

Yeah. I can’t think of any since then that weren’t called on election night.

charliecantsurf
Jun 17, 2005

dang, the donald is going wild on the twitter retweeting tons of stupid poo poo

it will be interesting to see how he fades into being irrelevant

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Guze posted:

As agonizing as this was for us it was so much worse for Donald Trump and we should really enjoy that

As sick as I am of him, I want to see more of his misery live on tv. I have to see that concession.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I feel like this is a stupid question, but when will Pennsylvania be done counting?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

borkencode posted:

Everything about this could not have gone worse for him.

Almost every Republican did great except for Trump. He lost to Sleepy Joe, someone he doesn’t respect. At least with Hillary, even though he hated her, he respected that she was a shrewd operator and losing to the Clinton machine, that he contributed to, when he was an outsider, would not be shameful at all.

Losing to Sleepy Joe who hid in basement all campaign, and a female PoC VP is going to make him so mad.

It is also going to make the next few weeks interesting. McConnell is going to want to pass a stimulus bill to save the GA senate seats, but McConnell denied Trump the opportunity to pass something that may very well have saved him. He is going to get cucked by a decrepit turtle, who he will blame for inflicting this most humiliating loss upon him.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Note Block posted:

Yes. 2004, 2008, and 2012 and 2016 were all pretty much Tuesday Night/weds morning.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Note Block posted:

I’d imagine there was a lot of long processes in the early post-Washington years, especially John Quincy Adams. In modern history Bush v Gore the easy winner.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

I am still to this day bitter about Bush/Gore.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

charliecantsurf posted:

dang, the donald is going wild on the twitter retweeting tons of stupid poo poo

it will be interesting to see how he fades into being irrelevant

I'm expecting OANN to license his name and give his fat rear end a megaphone whenever he feels like popping off. I guess the question is whether Trump News lasts longer than Trump vodka, Trump steaks and Trump University.

Burt Buckle posted:

I am still to this day bitter about Bush/Gore.

No kidding. I know it's unproductive to play "what if," but imagine how different the country and the world would be today had Gore won. There's a non-zero chance that 9/11 would have been averted and every stupid loving thing that can be traced back to it.

Almost Smart fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 7, 2020

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Well I mean I'm not a fan but he was literally doing that earlier today, he said so in the speech, he and Kamala were meeting with health policy experts

I got that but that certainly seems like a nothing burger but hopefully I am wrong. Maybe he is doing what I expect of him. Certainly part of my frustration is the situation for sure but it sure came across like some dude waiting for authority when he could be using his bipartisan powers he keeps talking about to get poo poo done.

I am probably just at my bullshit limit and need a break.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

As sick as I am of him, I want to see more of his misery live on tv. I have to see that concession.

Pictured: "President" Donald Trump at a rally in 2022, insisting he's still the REAL President:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

speng31b posted:

Diamond Joe juicing up that Catholic Guilt for the big day

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I feel like this is a stupid question, but when will Pennsylvania be done counting?

until poo poo sticks to the moon at this rate

I think they stopped the count for the night so maybe tomorrow?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

Diamond Joe juicing up that Catholic Guilt for the big day

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Biden edges 7 thick girthy inches closer to 270

javi
Jun 5, 2004

Silly yes ... Idiotic ... yes.!
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1324936217465597952

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

For real those people need some sleep.

Imagine counting ballots 14 hours a day while red-hatted zombies hoot and scrabble at the glass to get at you

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
Mayor of Pittsburgh:
https://twitter.com/billpeduto/status/1324935938028560384?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Please for the love of God call this thing. There is no way Trump can win Pennsylvania.