Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

For real those people need some sleep.

Imagine counting ballots 14 hours a day while red-hatted zombies hoot and scrabble at the glass to get at you

Are they obese slow moving zombies or the rabid meth-fueled kind? I could really see it going either way with Trumpistas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

Burt Buckle posted:

Please for the love of God call this thing. There is no way Trump can win Pennsylvania.

I'm sorry but unfortunately someone was just calling out random numbers while they were tallying the total votes and now they lost their count and have to start over.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

The Super-Id posted:

I'm sorry but unfortunately someone was just calling out random numbers while they were tallying the total votes and now they lost their count and have to start over.

Vote tally.exe has experienced an unexpected error. Program will now terminate.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Don’t tease me with a good time

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Hahaha the White House is a hot zone.

It’s done, call the loving race.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

So that's the post you've decided to go with, is it?

Note Block posted:

I swear to god if they stretch this to next week I’m going to die from exhaustion. Actually, sincere question here, does anyone know the last time an election took this long to officially call? Was it 2000 with Bush vs Gore?

In the modern era, yeah. Back in 1877, Rutherford Hayes was literally going to the inauguration in March without knowing if he was president-elect yet.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Except Trump is a coward.

Also congrats on a second white house super spreader event. loving morons. Election needs to be called because by the way fourth day deaths over 1000 a day and 100,000 cases a day.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Glumwheels posted:

Hahaha the White House is a hot zone.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Are these places going to count over the weekend, or are they done until Monday? I see that NC, GA, NV and AZ haven't had updates in hours.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I think PA at least is counting over the weekend. Judging by their tweets they want the spotlight off them and this poo poo over as much as we do.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Telsa Cola posted:

I think PA at least is counting over the weekend. Judging by their tweets they want the spotlight off them and this poo poo over as much as we do.

Yeah, they don't want chuds driving in from all over to gently caress with Philly....mostly for the safety of said chuds

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://mobile.twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1324940782546149376

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1324733661623758848

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Question, because I don't understand the electoral system very well, rewinding to before any results came in, was "Senate Blue, but Trump President" a realistic possibility? I'm under the impression that the way stuff would shake out, it would be way more likely to have gotten "Senate Blue + Biden."

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

I've seen similar arguements elsewhere. What I want to know is Republican turnout actually up or is this a there's just more people of voting age thing?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Oxyclean posted:

Question, because I don't understand the electoral system very well, rewinding to before any results came in, was "Senate Blue, but Trump President" a realistic possibility? I'm under the impression that the way stuff would shake out, it would be way more likely to have gotten "Senate Blue + Biden."

Biden and rep senate was the most likely outcome.

Dem senate if dem wave, or rep weak turnout. Possible outcome but polling was off.

Trump presidency and rep senate if very weak dem turnout. Most unlikely.

Dem senate and Trump presidency basically 0 odds. Weird outcome.

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 7, 2020

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Geshtal posted:

I've seen similar arguements elsewhere. What I want to know is Republican turnout actually up or is this a there's just more people of voting age thing?

Percentage wise I think its up for both parties compared to 2016.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Oxyclean posted:

Question, because I don't understand the electoral system very well, rewinding to before any results came in, was "Senate Blue, but Trump President" a realistic possibility?

Very unlikely given Trump's popularity. Anyone R coming out to vote for their senators were voting for him as well.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Geshtal posted:

As it turns out when dumb people reproduce their children are, in fact, also dumb.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

GOP strongholds made it easier for Republicans to vote.

Democratic strongholds made it easy for everyone to vote.

ergo, Republicans have it easy no matter what, and Democrats don't. This isn't rocket science.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

fennesz posted:

As it turns out when dumb people reproduce their children are, in fact, also dumb.

I mean, I get what you are saying, but that's getting a little uncomfortably eugenic-adjacent there.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Geshtal posted:

It was the highest percentage of registered voters that voted since the total voting population doubled when women gained the right to vote. So yeah, turnout was high on both sides.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
The sad part is that this is so protracted that the high of victory is wearing off and the realization that this is a return to the gridlock of 2012 is sinking in before the victory is even announced!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Geshtal posted:

I mean, I get what you are saying, but that's getting a little uncomfortably eugenic-adjacent there.

Yeah. Democracy is building a system where everyone can vote, even dumb people, and institutions exist to mitigate the stupidity. Not restricting voting to who we say is a valid person

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Geshtal posted:

Everyone is extremely online and into politics.

Unfortunately a lot of people are being told pure fantasies but at least some might feel real dumb in February.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

:fireman:

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

fennesz posted:

This is gross. Don't be gross.

If you raise a kid in a dumb environment, sure. But you're not like, making genetically dumb kids.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Are we done for the night in PA? Want to be there for the big 35K dump

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

stillvisions posted:

GOP strongholds made it easier for Republicans to vote.

Democratic strongholds made it easy for everyone to vote.

ergo, Republicans have it easy no matter what, and Democrats don't. This isn't rocket science.

A lot of people love trump.

They love the dancing racist man, they love him a whole hell of a loving lot.

They might legit have a problem by letting him become the mascot of their party.

Everyone knows what happens to a show when everyone's favorite character leaves.

That stupid Avengers edit makes it clear the democrats have a real cast of characters to keep people engaged with the party.

The popular right wing figures are all grifters who hold no office.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

so are they going to have to fumigate the whole white house

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump is trying and failing to jerk off onto every surface in the white house right now

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bootleg Trunks posted:

so are they going to have to fumigate the whole white house

They may as well gut the whole thing to just the outer shell and rebuild everything. Once that stench gets set you aren't getting rid of it.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Proteus Jones posted:

They may as well gut the whole thing to just the outer shell and rebuild everything. Once that stench gets set you aren't getting rid of it.

With showers that have 2 heads.

Geshtal
Nov 8, 2006

spunkshui posted:

A lot of people love trump.

They love the dancing racist man, they love him a whole hell of a loving lot.

They might legit have a problem by letting him become the mascot of their party.

Yeah, he's definitely made America safe for racists again. If there was any sliver of a ghost of a defense I would make for a tiny fraction of Trump supporters, it's that he is a convicted con-man and some just might have been flim-flamed by a very stable grifter. That is, if you feel like being generous. I say this in the desperate hope that some will see with The Leader finally absent that they were duped and may try to casually slip into the Biden supporting camp and pretend that they had been there the whole time.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Covok posted:

The sad part is that this is so protracted that the high of victory is wearing off and the realization that this is a return to the gridlock of 2012 is sinking in before the victory is even announced!

I think that dopamine hit will come in when Biden finally gets called as the winner. Also, Biden's inauguration is gonn be sweet.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1324950990416617472

Number go up

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Hey Sir, Tremendous Shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Geshtal posted:

This was discussed in the 2006 Documentary "Idiocracy" after hundreds of years of the high school quarterbacks marrying the head cheerleaders and having lots of kids that populated the country.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MovieDetails/comments/dut8yb/in_idiocracy_2006_during_the_scene_showing/