Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Anidav posted:

Did they make Caleb redundant?

I always thought of the guy as someone who emailed columns unsolicited to the editor and they decided to run them to fill space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Anidav posted:

Did they make Caleb redundant?

Don't read much News Corp stuff anymore when I can avoid it, but still seem him walking around near the Adelaide Advertiser building a lot.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

yes, it is scientifically possible to be racist towards italians...but only if you are Literally Hitler

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I’ve got shaddap you face stuck in my head now thanks cartoon

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Tokamak posted:

I always thought of the guy as someone who emailed columns unsolicited to the editor and they decided to run them to fill space.

I believe he got his start with the Gawler Bunyip (that is a newspaper..), which I’m pretty sure had that as a content policy.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

VOTE1 posted:

I believe he got his start with the Gawler Bunyip (that is a newspaper..), which I’m pretty sure had that as a content policy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW6CJArtips

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

is the battery in SA private owned or state owned?

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

hambeet posted:

false dichotomy. like you, it's Just Owned

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sulla Faex posted:

false dichotomy. like you, it's Just Owned

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFQ4cYl_7Qw

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

That's not Tim Smith? Oh, cause you're looking for artificial insemination.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Please, I'm taking a break from Discord because of this sort of filth

(read: banished to the Queensland Northern Autonomous Mining and Military District (Townsville)) for a bit. But, still, what you all get up to in your spare time is your business and not mine.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Hitler go on cumtown

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

The sister of a prominent Australian promoter of the bizarre QAnon conspiracy theory has disputed claims that her brother is just an associate of Prime Minister Scott Morrison, saying they were long-time family friends.

Karen Stewart, the sister of QAnon booster Tim Stewart, said it was “absolute rubbish’’ to claim her brother and Mr Morrison were just associates.

She said they were in fact close family friends for decades whose families had planned to holiday together in Hawaii last Christmas.

Ms Stewart said she had decided to speak out publicly because she was concerned at the “evolution” of QAnon and how it has permeated social media.

“It’s divisive,’’ she said.

And she said the involvement of her brother and her nephew, both prominent QAnon boosters who have been banned by Twitter for spreading misinformation, was deeply concerning.

“I don’t recognise my brother’s views now from those he held two years ago. Or my nephew’s,’’ she said.

Tim Stewart declined to answer specific questions about his views, and his relationship with Mr Morrison.

Mr Morrison’s office also declined to comment.

Tim Stewart’s wife Lynelle works for Mr Morrison’s wife Jenny at Kirribilli House and the couples have known each other for years, attending each other’s weddings.

Mr Morrison’s office has sought to distance the PM from Mr Stewart in recent months, describing the men as associates, but Karen Stewart said this was “absolutely not’’ true.

“That’s total rubbish. They went to the same church. Jen was bridesmaid at their wedding in the ‘90s. The couples have spent plenty of time together. Lynelle had a 50th birthday a few years back. Only eight people were invited. I didn’t get invited as a sister-in-law. My parents were there and so were Scott and Jen,’’ she said.

A social media exchange between the men on one of the Stewart family’s Facebook pages also shows Mr Morrison and Mr Stewart bantering over an historical photo, with Mr Morrison teasing Mr Stewart over his hairstyle.

“Happy birthday Tim Stewart – nice to see the mullet out of the time capsule,’’ Mr Morrison wrote, several years before he became prime minister.

Mr Morrison’s family trip to Hawaii attracted controversy because it came in the middle of the nation’s bushfire crisis, and the PM cut the trip short and apologised when he returned to Australia.

While the Stewarts also went to Hawaii at Christmas, there is no evidence they holidayed together.

Ms Stewart, a self-employed accountant from Camden, is six years younger than Tim.

She said she had been present at conversations within her family when the Hawaii holiday was discussed.

“It was on the cards for a long time. I remember it being discussed at Easter in 2019. Tim and Lynelle weren’t sure if Scott and Jen would still go with them to Hawaii if they won the election.

“That was the last time I heard about it. It was not the first time.’’

Ms Stewart said the Morrisons and her extended family had known each other for years through church.

“Certainly they were at Tim and Lynelle’s wedding and kids’ birthdays over time. I spoke to Jen on the phone some years later when they were trying to have children. They know mum and dad and mum’s broader family,’’ she said.

“In their younger years, Lynelle, Jen and Scott had crossovers of church and schools in the eastern suburbs.’’

Ms Stewart said she was currently estranged from her brother.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news...cac6f01850ee180

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Scummo being a Q would be tragically funny.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Amoeba102 posted:

Scummo being Q would be tragically funny.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

hambeet posted:

Privately owned and operated, but the state government put money into it's construction in return for having a portion of the battery capacity reserved for grid stability.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Amoeba102 posted:

Scummo being a Q would be tragically funny.

Just wants to hang out with the secret globalist elite pedophiles and feel important for a change.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hambeet posted:

Privately owned, by the French company who will also own the previously mentioned battery in Victoria

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Hell yeah two new guys just dropped

https://twitter.com/tammyxbryant/status/1325179824592314368

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

don't feed him after midnight.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

hambeet posted:

don't feed him after midnight.

What's the worst that could happe...

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Scientists working in overdrive trying to discover species before they're killed by land clearing

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
My god

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Scientists working in overdrive trying to discover species before they're killed by land clearing

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Libs/Nats: if we clear the land fast enough then the species will be made extinct before being discovered. Can't be accused of making a species extinct if no on discovered it!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

realbez posted:

I’ve got shaddap you face stuck in my head now thanks cartoon

Whatsamatter you?

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/nickschadegg/status/1325378794123796481?s=19

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Pile Of Garbage posted:

Land clearing is killing the scientists?

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

May as well be, not like they're being consulted otherwise

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Budzilla posted:

Land clearing is killing the scientists?

in the long run yeah I guess it is

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
It must be brutal being a scientist under the libs

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Science anecdote; just reminded me of the surreal experience I had when I first discovered how they keep bird specimens - they stuff em and put em in draws

I got a tour from the caretaker once of one of the largest bird species archives (the largest in Australia, I think?) and it was amazing watching this guy just sliding draws full of birds open and being like "now you see this tail? This is the ONLY KNOWN SPECIMEN anywhere in the world of this bird!!!" as he's waving a literal stuffed bird in front of my face

It was hilarious, educational, and inspiring. Science is good imo

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

abigserve posted:

Science anecdote; just reminded me of the surreal experience I had when I first discovered how they keep bird specimens - they stuff em and put em in draws

I got a tour from the caretaker once of one of the largest bird species archives (the largest in Australia, I think?) and it was amazing watching this guy just sliding draws full of birds open and being like "now you see this tail? This is the ONLY KNOWN SPECIMEN anywhere in the world of this bird!!!" as he's waving a literal stuffed bird in front of my face

It was hilarious, educational, and inspiring. Science is good imo

This is how they store specimens of most small animals and insects.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The CSIRO flora and fauna collections are really fascinating.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

BBJoey posted:

You just want to eat them tho

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

BBJoey posted:

Are they indexed under username or date posted?

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
lol I got hired by Amazon right as Biden declared victory

neoliberal hellworld here I come

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
ABC under 'extreme' political pressure over 'bonk ban' investigation, Four Corners boss says

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/nov/09/abc-under-extreme-political-pressure-over-bonk-ban-investigation-four-corners-boss-says

quote:

The executive producer of Four Corners, Sally Neighbour, says “extreme and unrelenting” political pressure has been applied on the ABC before Monday night’s screening of an investigation into the after-hours behaviour of federal parliamentarians.
Neighbour took to social media on Monday to make the strong-arming allegation, backed by Louise Milligan, the lead reporter on the story, who said pressure had been “applied by multiple representatives of government to ABC management”.
Guardian Australia understands there has been significant internal debate within the national broadcaster about the program, and it is unclear what material will be aired by its flagship current affairs program after a lengthy investigation.

But Scott Morrison told reporters on Monday he expected the ABC to adhere to its charter and act in an unbiased way. Asked whether the government had applied pressure to its managing director or its news director, the prime minister said: “The only thing I’m aware of is that the government always stands up for ensuring that the ABC would act consistent with its charter and I would think all Australians would expect the ABC to act consistent with its charter.” Morrison said the government’s expectation was the ABC would “act in an independent and unbiased a-partisan way”.

“If they are going to make inquiries I would think they would want to do them across the political spectrum,” he said. “It’s always important that the ABC remains true to their charter and I would expect them to do that.”
Asked on Monday morning whether he supported the “bonk ban” – a code of conduct imposed by the former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull after the former Nationals leader Barnaby Joyce formed a relationship with one of his staff, ending his marriage of 24 years – Morrison said those rules were important.

The Turnbull-era code bans sexual relationships between ministers and their staff. Turnbull has given an on-camera interview for Monday night’s program.
Morrison said on Monday the rules were important “to ensure you have the right sort of workplace”.

“I more than supported it, I ensured that it continued,” he said. “When the former prime minister introduced it, I was one of its strongest supporters and why it’s there, I think, is to protect a culture in the parliament and it’s not just any one side of politics, can I tell you, it’s important as a cultural change within the parliament.
ABC flagship current affair programs didn't cover climate change adequately, report finds
Read more

“I note the Labor party has mocked the ban and hasn’t supported it. It wasn’t supported by the former leader of the opposition and it is not supported by the current leader of the opposition.
“Our standards that we’ve set as a government are very clear.”

Morrison said he had not seen Monday night’s program and could not comment on what he had not yet seen, “but that [bonk ban] arrangement was put in place on a prospective basis by the former prime minister and I have continued it”.
ABC management is scheduled to front a Senate estimates hearing in Canberra late on Monday afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Knobb Manwich posted:

Are they indexed under username or date posted?

On the bristol scale