Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I used to know someone whose favorite way of eating eggs was fried over hard with the yolks broken

It takes all kinds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Ziv Zulander posted:

I used to know someone whose favorite way of eating eggs was fried over hard with the yolks broken

It takes all kinds

no it don’t

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Ziv Zulander posted:

It takes all kinds

You may know my wife.

She only likes overcooked eggs

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
just wrap a whole egg in wax paper and microwave it like a civilized adult, jesus

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Just turn your egg into a knife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFCNUvFEVFY

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I love that dude's videos

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

My stepmom likes her egg whites runny. She calls it "rooster juice."

I hate both of these things and it is really the only thing I don't like about her.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

RoboRodent posted:

I hate both of these things and it is really the only thing I don't like about her.

I'm not going to be able to unsee this.

spiderbot
Oct 21, 2012

Did anyone else get told as a kid they have to smash a hole in the egg shell once you are done with it, otherwise witches can use them to fly around?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Interesting direction they're going with the intro for the reboot of Dexter.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

RoboRodent posted:

Once my mom got weird eggs at a resort and the French chef said the eggs were from a boy chicken.

Also, if you're bad at poaching eggs, make eggs blindfolded! That's when you add an ice cube to the pan and then put a lid on it until the ice melts. I like them best over grits.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I want that dude's carp sandals

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

spiderbot posted:

Did anyone else get told as a kid they have to smash a hole in the egg shell once you are done with it, otherwise witches can use them to fly around?

No. Have you considered therapy for this?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

spiderbot posted:

Nope. Why wouldn't the witches just buy their own eggs? Eggs are cheap.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Facebook Aunt posted:

Nope. Why wouldn't the witches just buy their own eggs? Eggs are cheap.

It's a union thing.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Taking direction from the Beastie boys and their songs 'egg man' and ' egg raid on mojo' I threw an awful lot of eggs when I was a teenager. Something something, eggs aw gently caress I forget now what my point was.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

wesleywillis posted:

Taking direction from the Beastie boys and their songs 'egg man' and ' egg raid on mojo' I threw an awful lot of eggs when I was a teenager. Something something, eggs aw gently caress I forget now what my point was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvERHiTfx9w

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

spiderbot posted:

I thought I was the only one!

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
My favorite breakfast is a raw egg on rice. Add soy sauce to taste. Breakfast of champions.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ScottyJSno posted:

My favorite breakfast is a raw egg on rice. Add soy sauce to taste. Breakfast of champions.

Is it just a raw egg in the middle or do you mix it into the warm rice and it makes a kind of sauce like spaghetti carbonara? Because I've had an idea to try something like that before. Though, I'm sure it's been done but I'm curious.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's called tamago kake gohan, it's a thing in japan. I have wanted to try it but I am unsure how raw egg on rice can possibly be good.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVS6nodKlIc

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeahhhh I don't really like wet eggs. I can just about handle scrambled egg lightly cooked but that looks too wet for my taste.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

Yeahhhh I don't really like wet eggs. I can just about handle scrambled egg lightly cooked but that looks too wet for my taste.

You like 'em Ben Shapiro style.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Eggs make my throat close up which is a shame bc they look like fun, there's so many ways to cook an egg

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Killingyouguy! posted:

Eggs make my throat close up which is a shame bc they look like fun, there's so many ways to cook an egg

There are one hundred ways to cook an egg
One hundred cooking ways
Way one: throw it on the floor
One hundred cooking ways

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I do not eat powdered egg, please do not put in the newspaper that I eat powdered egg like ben shapiro.

Runny yolk is nice but I've never particularly liked homogenous partially cooked egg slop.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

I do not eat powdered egg, please do not put in the newspaper that I eat powdered egg like ben shapiro.

Runny yolk is nice but I've never particularly liked homogenous partially cooked egg slop.

I'm just joshing you. I get it. I don't like "wet" eggs either. Runny yoke, yeah but beyond that I'm on your side. I just like the Shapiro analogy. Are powdered eggs a thing?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm pretty sure yes, it's like powdered milk, when you need it to last a long time.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

OwlFancier posted:

I'm pretty sure yes, it's like powdered milk, when you need it to last a long time.

So, nothing like Ben Shapiro, then?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Ape of Naples posted:

I'm just joshing you. I get it. I don't like "wet" eggs either. Runny yoke, yeah but beyond that I'm on your side. I just like the Shapiro analogy. Are powdered eggs a thing?

Yes, they're fully dehydrated eggs, for when you want shelf-stable eggs instead of having to buy a dozen at a time every week or so. There's also liquid egg, for when you want to use a lot of egg but you don't want to worry about all those shells (they use liquid egg at fast food breakfast.)

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I like to add some flavor to instant ramen by adding cooked peas and carrots, draining off half the water before adding the seasoning, and cracking a couple of eggs into it before the second round of cooking. Yeah, it's a college era quality of life improvement, but if you're on a tight budget you can stretch it and get some vegetables and protein in addition to your carbs and salt. I don't really eat ramen anymore since it's so carb heavy and I'm diabetic, but on the rare occasion I do, that makes it a much more filling and less horrible meal for me.

Killingyouguy! posted:

It's a pretty common allergy and was in the top 8 that I grew up being taught you should always warn people about along with peanuts, tree nuts, milk, and I should probably refresh my memory but I check recipes for allergens and put a little catering style tent card or two by anything I serve or bring elsewhere. I love eggs, but it's not a tragedy to not be able to eat them as long as people warn you about them before you eat.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

The Ape of Naples posted:

If you have ever eaten breakfast at any kind of institutionalized meal hall (college/military/the clink) you have for sure had powdered eggs.

They aren’t good but I have a weird nostalgia for them.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

If you have ever eaten breakfast at any kind of institutionalized meal hall (college/military/the clink) you have for sure had powdered eggs.

Reminds me of the time Sue and Giles ate them on the WWII episode of Supersizers Go. They look rank, but I guess they enjoyed them a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOE0VP0EZ0M&t=458s

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I've eaten many pounds of this stuff:

For a few weeks that, and canned beans were the only sources of protein I had available.

It's not a terrible substitute for typical American style cooked-to-death scrambled eggs and omelettes, taste and texture are surprisingly okish, drown in ketchup and hot sauce per usual.

Scraping Ova Easy off hot steam pipes is less pleasant.

Not a good replacement for properly cooked fresh eggs by any measure.

Lots of personal trauma from being subjected to a diet of ~1000 cal/day consisting of egg crystals, rice, bread, and cooking oil.

Excellent life hack for dropping 30lbs in a month though.

E: real life hack is to live in a country with adequate sanitation standards for chickens, so they don't have to wash the eggs, then enjoy fresh eggs for up to 2 months if stored in a cool (not necessarily refrigerated) dry place, and seep eating lovely powdered eggs.

Elviscat has a new favorite as of 03:14 on Nov 9, 2020

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/JREzC6T.mp4

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5QJ9i_o5vo

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

That's gotta be the droopiest ceiling titty I've ever seen

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u8Fd7EHYAg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Same. They're pretty bland, but there's something satisfying about a big plate of vaguely eggy chunks covered in your condiments of choice.