Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

tbqf Correios is a much stronger institution than a lot of people give credit for exactly because of how relevant and critical they are for 80% of the country

for example when they go on strike no matter how much private companies try to step they don't have the coverage and means to deliver online store purchases in much of the country

e-sedex was a brilliant idea and of loving course the idiots riled up against it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

dead gay comedy forums posted:

tbqf Correios is a much stronger institution than a lot of people give credit for exactly because of how relevant and critical they are for 80% of the country

for example when they go on strike no matter how much private companies try to step they don't have the coverage and means to deliver online store purchases in much of the country

e-sedex was a brilliant idea and of loving course the idiots riled up against it

That's exactly why Privatizing it is such an insane idea, it's the government service that provides the most consistent and best service, turns a very nice profit and hasn't been beaten out by the private sector.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
SP announcing start of vaccinations on the 20th.

And apparently the Huck/Moro coordination included Doria, and Moro is looking more for a cabinet appointment rather than a presidential slot.
I guess now it boils down to Doria's ego and whether Huck would be ok with VP, and how well the vaccinations go.

Edit: and Folha releasing the Flavio Bolsonaro bombshell now is the media smelling the blood in the water.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
hack signal: activated

https://twitter.com/msoares/status/1325952087801425921

no coronavirus numbers till after municipal elections because the health ministry got loving hacked too lmao

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Plutonis posted:

That's exactly why Privatizing it is such an insane idea, it's the government service that provides the most consistent and best service, turns a very nice profit and hasn't been beaten out by the private sector.

This is exactly why you would privatize something though.

Imagine the fortunes that will be made in the privatization.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Plutonis posted:

It will be privatized with a minimum profit guarantee.

It's like when mineirao was privatized. When atletico and cruzeiro played the copa do brasil final in 2014, there was a huge section of the stands that was empty:

The reason for that was because the way the private company who leased mineirao was supposed to make money was that they would get a share of the tickets for every game. But the privatization also included a minimum profit guarantee. So instead the company that leased mineirao simply would not sell tickets or try anything, and just collect the minimum profit guarantee.

It's going to be the same with correios. They will get a minimum profit per agency, do the minimum possible, and just pocket the guarantees.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bolsonaro threatened war after Biden said that the Amazon fires might have economical consequences. Can't loving wait to be drafted and die on behalf of Agrobusiness

https://twitter.com/SamPancher/status/1326296491384836097

Plutonis has issued a correction as of 01:24 on Nov 11, 2020

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

lol if the southern atlantic fleet showed up bolsonaro would be the first to poo poo his pants

he was loving worthless in the military, motherfucker got exemption after exemption lmao

edit: besides of loving course he would go for some easy rattle, because framing the discussion in those terms takes off from the fact that he would be completely eaten by his own middle and upper class supporters once no imports get in because the WTO or no visas are approved to the USA big loving lmao

dead gay comedy forums has issued a correction as of 01:33 on Nov 11, 2020

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Lost in all this insanity is suspending the vaccine trials because a test subject committed suicide.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

joepinetree posted:

Lost in all this insanity is suspending the vaccine trials because a test subject committed suicide.

I don't quite think people will like a vaccine with that kind of side effect.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

bedpan posted:

I don't quite think people will like a vaccine with that kind of side effect.

the problem is figuring out if that was a side effect lol

did anyone else have any sort of psychological malady happening to them?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I think that given the bozo celebration it was pretty much a pretext

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
They stopped the trial before confirmation of cause of death. They already said it has nothing to do with the vaccine. With tens of thousands of people taking the vaccine, a few are bound to commit suicide even if the suicide rate of the vaccinated group is 10% of the national rate.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Rename the thread to "Country of f*ggots" or "Country of sissies" after Bolsonaro's last speech

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
https://twitter.com/redebrasilatual/status/1326561207810199552

vachina will go forward

a real sigh of relief here, if Anvisa was compromised we'd be well and truly hosed

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

https://twitter.com/marcelorubens/status/1325606109017763840

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Rename the thread to "Country of f*ggots" or "Country of sissies" after Bolsonaro's last speech

all I want is pastel and caldo de cana

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Ok, so new thread title options

um pais de maricas
tem que ter polvora
climate outlaws

or anything else people want to suggest. Let me know and ill change it.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

imo país de maricas is so loltastic coming from mr "I can't even go outside anymore every day has something bad"

I am queer and I was loving howling with laughter listening to that

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like "I can't even drink caldo de cana, eat pastel" or some variation thereof but pais de maricas is fine too.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

for the record I still believe that he completely hosed up the golden shower search and mistyped it into twitter because he couldn't be arsed to look at where he was typing the question

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

for the record I still believe that he completely hosed up the golden shower search and mistyped it into twitter because he couldn't be arsed to look at where he was typing the question

That, but it was Carlinhos on daddy's account.

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

164.281 maricas and counting

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Machado de Assis posted:

164.281 maricas and counting

wow this country is really gay!

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Updated the thread title for now, since two people wanted references to pastel and caldo de cana.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

frajaq posted:

wow this country is really gay!

in a spontaneous mutation, the Brazilian coronavirus has been found to make you a sissy

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

in a spontaneous mutation, the Brazilian coronavirus has been found to make you a sissy

The DIY hormone sale site being based on Brazil, world's leading soy producer, sissification virus... It's all coming together...

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

BRos????? https://mobile.twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/1327247483026739200

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

O coringa o palhaço o bobo o joquer o palhaço

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

bolsonaro is uniquely equipped to fold towards American interests especially with a guy like Biden at the helm, he has the new and advanced clenching buttocks stars-and-stripes version

este man é one joquer

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Biden is explicitly pro fracking and will be having oil and gas executives writing climate policy, lmao. this is a loving sham

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Taintrunner posted:

Biden is explicitly pro fracking and will be having oil and gas executives writing climate policy, lmao. this is a loving sham

Hey, what better cover for your poo poo envionmental policy than having an actual tree-cutting ogre to bash?

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"

Plutonis posted:

O coringa o palhaço o bobo o joquer o palhaço

Quando se contrai COVID tantas vezes quanto ele, nada mais natural do que se corongar

E: Also could work with a Bozo there, but what do I know

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
seems unwise to topple a barrel clearly labeled as powder

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Honest Thief posted:

seems unwise to topple a barrel clearly labeled as powder

absolute Joker Moment

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
PORRA.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

bom dia camaradas de desgraça deste país, os verdadeiros jouquêres

joepinetree, no election day title change, smdh

waiting for the sun to drop down a little before voting

glad to see a legend dropping by

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
isn't arfjason argentinian i think that warrants a thread ban

no it's not about soccer it's about playing overwatch living in southern brazil okay

Anyway, I'm dumb and I forgot to move my title to Porto Alegre but there's a chance we can get someone relatively leftist in today, yay! Pau no cu do Marchezan.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i voted for my former HS history teacher because he inspired me to take the career and is from PSOL :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Plutonis posted:

i voted for my former HS history teacher because he inspired me to take the career and is from PSOL :shobon:

That's nice, but he also inspired you to become a teacher in Brazil, so...