Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Substandard posted:

What is in this that isn't in the Sega Genesis Classics collection for Xbone?
Sonic 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wait a minute Microsoft Series X the clues were there the whole time. Snatcher is getting rereleased!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This is a bit funny and not a criticism of the console but I played an hour of Valhalla and haven't touched it again since Tuesday down under (Monday in North America). Definitely the least hyped I've been about a new gen despite liking the hardware in general.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Akuma posted:

Sonic 3

Weird, it's in the Steam version. I pulled up the chart and also apparently no Ecco the Dolphin, which is also in the steam version / the 360 Sonic Genesis collection.

I'm enjoying the series X so far, although mostly I've played all stuff I could play on the old Xbox except for Yakuza. Yakuza is great fun, but the english voice acting is terrible. Or just too weird for me to handle after 7 games of Japanese audio.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The English voice acting is really really good in Yakuza 7, unless your doctor told you to limit more exposure to Richard Epcar. Its the rare cast where they went all out for actual asian actors in lead roles too, and it sounds so good. I can totally get though the Japanese vocal track being the sound for you after all the previous games

I don't know if its true for both language tracks but at minimum in the English version they went the extra mile to have actual Mandarin speakers say the Chinese dialog and its so loving nice to hear that instead of a weird butchering

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

This is a bit funny and not a criticism of the console but I played an hour of Valhalla and haven't touched it again since Tuesday down under (Monday in North America). Definitely the least hyped I've been about a new gen despite liking the hardware in general.

Probably doesn’t help that we’re in this extremely awkward cross-gen period and the only next generation exclusives are a remake of a PS3 game and uh... AstroBoy or something

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

ColdPie posted:

There is only one true gaming headset. I refuse to recognize any others.

It’s Nitro approved

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Probably doesn’t help that we’re in this extremely awkward cross-gen period and the only next generation exclusives are a remake of a PS3 game and uh... AstroBoy or something

I can't play those because Sony completely hosed up delivery in Australia. One of my orders has no stock and the other is inching its way across the country, looking like it'll be five days late.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you either get a console or no covid you can't have both

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Is FFXV Royal edition worth playing? The game didn't have a great reception when it first came out but my friend's daughter was raving about it today and now I'm curious. It's loving huge or I'd just download it and check it out. I know DQ11 is coming out on game pass soon, but I'm trying to get my dollars worth out of this subscription thing lol

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Happy Hedonist posted:

Is FFXV Royal edition worth playing? The game didn't have a great reception when it first came out but my friend's daughter was raving about it today and now I'm curious. It's loving huge or I'd just download it and check it out. I know DQ11 is coming out on game pass soon, but I'm trying to get my dollars worth out of this subscription thing lol

Its a mess of a game where everything is half baked and doesnt work except the emotional core of the game which is going on a road trip with your friends

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Barudak posted:

Its a mess of a game where everything is half baked and doesnt work except the emotional core of the game which is going on a road trip with your friends

Oooh that's definitely not me. Thanks for the heads up.

Happy Hedonist fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 14, 2020

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

To be honest there's no real next-gen games right now. Give it a year and i'm sure we'll see some mindblowing stuff that couldnt be possible on PS4.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Happy Hedonist posted:

Oooh that's definitely not me. Thanks for the heads up.

If you want some JRPG methadone to tide you over from gamepass theres Battle Chasers and FFVIII remaster just dropped.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Barudak posted:

If you want some JRPG methadone to tide you over from gamepass theres Battle Chasers and FFVIII remaster just dropped.

Hey right on. Battle Chasers looks interesting, I'd never heard of it. I noticed FF 8 and 9 were on there too. I don't think I ever played 9 and 8 was wild, I should give it a shot. I remember trying to get to the stupid ultimate weapon or whatever the hell it is in that game. It was a nightmare.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018
Hi there! I got a 14-day game pass thingie and I already have a sub for it, so anyone who can claim this, claim away!

H4YF3-CHRWP-J6M3X-Q274T-RX36Z

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
A nice resource of all the known issues with the OS currently: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/xba_console/known-issues-on-xbox-series-xs/221c9d7f-dc91-4067-ba81-33ab671179b5

It mentions all of my issues with sharing clips here, which is reassuring at least. It also says it will be addressed in a November update which I'm not entirely sure I believe since the trimming issue had existed on the Xbox One for like the last year.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Hi there! I got a 14-day game pass thingie and I already have a sub for it, so anyone who can claim this, claim away!

H4YF3-CHRWP-J6M3X-Q274T-RX36Z

Got it, thanks much!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The menus in Destiny 2 load in less than 2 seconds now. Worth every penny. :allears:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Speaking of, for some reason I thought D2 and RDR2 would be 60fps now, but both appear to be stuck at 30fps :sweatdrop:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nuts and Gum posted:

Speaking of, for some reason I thought D2 and RDR2 would be 60fps now, but both appear to be stuck at 30fps :sweatdrop:

Patch out in a couple of weeks for D2

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Looks like the December delivery date for Microsoft Store orders is real and not just a placeholder.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MicrosoftStore/status/1327386865616482304

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Patch out in a couple of weeks for D2

And RDR2 will probably get a full price remaster.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

And RDR2 will probably get a full price remaster.

I would posit it may get a fuller price remaster

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol yeah the $10 price hike, I forgot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

doingitwrong posted:

Looks like the December delivery date for Microsoft Store orders is real and not just a placeholder.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MicrosoftStore/status/1327386865616482304

:smith:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
At least it’s a guaranteed December. I’ll take it over the PS5 F5 hunt

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yakuza 7 silently got fixed to work with Quick Resume and it rules

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

hatty posted:

At least it’s a guaranteed December. I’ll take it over the PS5 F5 hunt

Yeah, no kidding.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I keep reading all the posts about people's amazon orders coming in this weekend and I'm still in the who the gently caress knows zone.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Barudak posted:

Yakuza 7 silently got fixed to work with Quick Resume and it rules

Yeah I just noticed that too. It's also incredible how much content is in this game. I've played a lot and I can still tell I'm at the beginning. I know it's previous gen and the X enhancements aren't big but 1440 60 fps and importantly 0 load times just feels amazing. Looks great and feels like a next gen game even though its technically not. Whenever a load screen does pop up it's literally about one second.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Nov 14, 2020

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Butt Discussin posted:

Got it, thanks much!

No probs, i got the controllah for my pc only

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nuts and Gum posted:

Similarly because the BC stuff seems to be so good I tried out Witcher 3 on game pass and I expected it to run/look better? I know they are also patching it for next gen so let’s see

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Similarly because the BC stuff seems to be so good I tried out Witcher 3 on game pass and I expected it to run/look better? I know they are also patching it for next gen so let’s see
It already got an X patch a couple of years ago to hit 60 so I guess they're probably at the limit without doing a proper X|S version.

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

One X version of Witcher 3 is already really really good, I'm playing through that now. I don't think it hits native 4k but it's really good regardless.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Healbot posted:

I read somewhere trekkies that were also mods in TV/IV had a pretty high probability of turning out pedophile, so watch out for these fellas!

:aatrek:

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Man, I should have pre-ordered this. I sat out the last gen consoles and wasn’t sure if I wanted to pick one up, and now that I do, I can’t :smith:

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

T-Square posted:

Man, I should have pre-ordered this. I sat out the last gen consoles and wasn’t sure if I wanted to pick one up, and now that I do, I can’t :smith:

Is Taco Bell still giving them away? I want one too, and that seem like the best chance of getting one at this point. I checked Craig's List and they are all going in the $750 - $1,000 range.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is there an advantage to using an SSD externally on an xbox one, or is a mechanical drive just as fast over the USB bus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I haven't had quick resume work on any of my games. Tried it with Gears 5, Dead by Daylight, Black Ops Cold War (the next-gen release), Jedi Fallen Order and possibly others I can't remember and they all just load as normal.