Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

What does it mean to "brief against" someone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Spoke to journalists negatively about someone (in this case one of the mothers of Boris's many children)

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Talking poo poo about them to journalists.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

so seven weeks to doomsday, right? and that's the story

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

joe biden up the ra yadda yadda but he definitely has free-trade sympathies and he's gonna eat y'all alive too

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

forkboy84 posted:

Spoke to journalists negatively about someone (in this case one of the mothers of Boris's many children)

Wolfsbane posted:

Talking poo poo about them to journalists.

:tipshat:

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/richardpreston_/status/1327380479859896326

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

i say swears online posted:

joe biden up the ra yadda yadda but he definitely has free-trade sympathies and he's gonna eat y'all alive too

Can't exaggerate how little anyone is talking about Brexit. It's just vanished

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

cummings can't actually be gone because he slagged off his boss' girlfriend, right

there must be something more real going on

right????

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

V. Illych L. posted:

cummings can't actually be gone because he slagged off his boss' girlfriend, right

right????

Why would you think that?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

seven weeks

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
and then this cursed island will slip back beneath the waves

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

oh no they fired UK steven miller

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Continuity RCP posted:

Why would you think that?

idk it just seems too convenient an excuse to let go an extremely important guy whom they'd previously backed to the hilt

it reads like a cover story, i guess, and i just have a hard time accepting that the guy who was openly flouting his own rules to no consequence is now out because of something as petty as this

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

idk it just seems too convenient an excuse to let go an extremely important guy whom they'd previously backed to the hilt

it reads like a cover story, i guess, and i just have a hard time accepting that the guy who was openly flouting his own rules to no consequence is now out because of something as petty as this

Welcome to UK politics

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

V. Illych L. posted:

He annoyed his patron

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

The Tories tend to shed their PMs like lizards do tails so the press can go back to pretend to be bamboozled by their new and exciting ideas. It's probably a variation of that?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

genericnick posted:

The Tories tend to shed their PMs like lizards do tails so the press can go back to pretend to be bamboozled by their new and exciting ideas. It's probably a variation of that?

There's been talk in the media about how now that Cummings is gone Johnson might return back to the ruling style he had as Mayor of London.... where he was still a lazy corrupt authoritarian piece of poo poo so yes that's definitely part of what's going on.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

right????

He tried to feed the Prime Minister's girlfriend to the British media by shifting all the blame for his complete inability to form functional business relationships with his coworkers onto her. You can see why that might go down poorly with his boss.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

struggling to understand why the dom cummings story even matters, it's just more westminster inside baseball snooze

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

gh0stpinballa posted:

struggling to understand why the dom cummings story even matters, it's just more westminster inside baseball snooze

It means that we're in the middle of a huge national crisis and are only a few weeks away from getting hit by an even huger one, and the political leadership of the country are busy having dust-ups because one of them said poo poo about another's girlfriend.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

His fiancee, not his girlfriend - his girlfriend is a violinist right now, I believe. I realise it's easy to get confused with Boris.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
You'd think Boris would just get another one rather than abandon Dom.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

V. Illych L. posted:

right????

I can only believe he got booted for bruising Bojo's ego.

Like, what "real" reason would make more sense? If it came out he'd embezzled billions, or willfully underplayed the severety of COVID-19 resulting in thousands of preventable deaths, or deliberately violated government mandates for personal reasons, and he got fired for that reason, I'd be far more suspicious.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Wolfsbane posted:

His fiancee, not his girlfriend - his girlfriend is a violinist right now, I believe. I realise it's easy to get confused with Boris.

Huh? So Boris practices polygamy like the old ruling class or something?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
My head canon is that Cummings knows and spoke aloud the true number of children sired by Johnson and has this been ousted for revealing the one secret that may not be leaked.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

An insane mind posted:

Huh? So Boris practices polygamy like the old ruling class or something?

Pretty much, he’s a notorious cheater with an unknown number of children. Didn’t he ditch his last wife for Carrie too?

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

While his wife was in hospital and Carrie was going out with someone else, yeah.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Wolfsbane posted:

While his wife was in hospital and Carrie was going out with someone else, yeah.

It's important to remember that the "someone else" is The Sun's Political Editor, Harry Cole. And routinely has to write positively about them because it's The Sun. Very pathetic guy.

V. Illych L. posted:

There's probably a bit more too it, Cummings has been a bit of a liability for a while now. But at its core its just palace intrigue bullshit treated as incredibly important politics by our cretinous media class. He tendered his resignation after his chosen appointment was turned down, & then seeing as he was going to go anyway that makes it easier for Boris to just say "fine, gently caress off now then"

forkboy84 has issued a correction as of 14:50 on Nov 14, 2020

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I just want them both to start releasing devastating stories about each other. Boris Vs Cumming and they both lose.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

gh0stpinballa posted:

Inside cricket?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

gh0stpinballa posted:

it doesn't matter its just funny

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Dominic Cummings is a big reason why some people in the UK aren't taking the pandemic seriously. We have idiots now protesting the lockdown. gently caress him

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

sub cum

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Alan_Shore posted:

Dominic Cummings is a big reason why some people in the UK aren't taking the pandemic seriously. We have idiots now protesting the lockdown. gently caress him

Yup, if he could just gently caress off and die of testicular cancer then that'd be just dandy by me

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
lol the people of britain chose johnson over corbyn

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

corbyn wouldn't have won when boris was on oxygen hth

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/John2Win/status/1328454575964217344

makes u :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

...what the hell does he think devolution is???