Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Electric Wrigglies posted:

I see Victoria is planning to do what we discussed some thread ago about expanding public housing.

Which is nice and hopefully they are dusting off some old detailed plans and not just rushing it and creating the equivalent of UK projects housing.

Good to see, I assume it's not enough but still a good thing. They did frame it a job creation thing too, which is kind of weird but if it means more public housing then whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Senor Tron posted:

We've got some cases popped up in SA, looks like it might be a hotel quarantine breach.

On a scale of 1 to Melbourne how hosed are we?

(I'm absolutely using humour to deflect my feelings as I'm high risk, my mother is very high risk, oh my loving gently caress everyone I love is high risk.)

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
it was me I paid for the sky writer

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

it was me I paid for the sky writer

The final evolution of the nojöe

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Spending 5000$ to write bonk ban in the sky over canberra.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Breetai posted:

On a scale of 1 to Melbourne how hosed are we?

The fact that the first detection was in an elderly contact of someone working in a quarantine hotel is probably a good sign of it being caught relatively early, will be interesting to see if we end up locking down to avoid a Melb repeat.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

feeling very gas lit right now

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

maybe a little sealioned

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

bell jar posted:

feeling very gas lit right now

Eat less dairy.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Senor Tron posted:

The fact that the first detection was in an elderly contact of someone working in a quarantine hotel is probably a good sign of it being caught relatively early, will be interesting to see if we end up locking down to avoid a Melb repeat.

Thank you, my arsehole just unpuckered by about 2%.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
nice posts, whered you buy them -- at the bad post store ???

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Sulla Faex posted:

I am in great debt to loan shart bad poast

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

EoinCannon posted:

Good to see, I assume it's not enough but still a good thing. They did frame it a job creation thing too, which is kind of weird but if it means more public housing then whatever

I don't think it is weird that it is framed in job creation - it makes a lot of sense that during an economic downturn that the government does catch-up capital works to soak up some worker capacity. Ideally by 2024 Victoria should be fairly far along to recovery and the winding down of government capex spending for this build out will be evened out by increased private sector spending.

A little awkward a feeling if a correctional officer has covid, if it gets into a prison it could cause some carnage.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Sulla Faex posted:

hey, there was a three-for-one sale, don't impulse buy shame

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Electric Wrigglies posted:

A little awkward a feeling if a correctional officer has covid, if it gets into a prison it could cause some carnage.

If you want to get depressed look up American prison stats, they've had a bunch ravaged by the virus.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
perennial thread favorite Pete Evans is happily posting pro-nazi cartoons on his facebook wall.

https://twitter.com/byronkaye/status/1327926188510068738

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

thatbastardken posted:

perennial thread favorite Pete Evans is happily posting pro-nazi cartoons on his facebook wall.

https://twitter.com/byronkaye/status/1327926188510068738

This could also be read as a critique of the maga cult.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
it's best to just assume the worst with this wanker

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Pete Evans does not deserve the benefit of the doubt

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Oh great 17 cases in SA. We’ve long since stopped any proper form of social distancing, hopefully this was caught early enough otherwise we could be proper hosed.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
This seems real loving dumb to me

quote:

In a bid to rescue its ailing economy, Melbourne Council met with the city’s top 10 employers last month and asked each for a “CEO pledge” - that they will return their workers to city offices.

The companies - ANZ, Optus, PwC and NBN Co among others - agreed to target getting 70 per cent of their workforces back into the city once the Andrews government lifts work-from-home restrictions.

https://www.theage.com.au/business/companies/empty-offices-prompt-fears-workers-won-t-return-20201113-p56ege.html

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

:stare: yeah I'm not gonna relax in Vic any time soon.

hawke, dispose of your posts responsibly

'Absolutely huge' levels of toxic chemicals found after resident tests suspicious waterway (SMH) posted:

Alarming levels of contamination have been discovered in an Illawarra waterway by a member of the public, sparking an investigation by authorities into the cocktail of dangerous pollutants.

Extremely high levels of poisonous heavy metals and carcinogenic arsenic are among the toxins found in a council drain that crosses an industrial park before emptying into Port Kembla harbour.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

VOTE1 posted:

Oh great 17 cases in SA. We’ve long since stopped any proper form of social distancing, hopefully this was caught early enough otherwise we could be proper hosed.

Does anyone wear masks in SA?

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

EoinCannon posted:

Does anyone wear masks in SA?

Nope. Was rare early on and is basically zero now. Hopefully we can go into a lockdown with high levels of compliance since it will be our first but I don't trust the Premier to have the guts to call one.

RichardA fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 15, 2020

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

RichardA posted:

Nope. Was rare early on and is basically zero now. Hopefully we can go into a lockdown with high levels of compliance since it will be our first but I don't trust the Premier to have the guts to call one.

Nah, I’ve worn a mask a couple of times at work (union) protests but even then it was weird as we were the only ones wearing masks no staff, customers or passersby. Was only done to be consistent with national guidelines for work I’d assume.

Other than that it’s completely normal, played cricket on the weekend even post game handshakes were back (instead of fist bums).

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

I don't pay attention to South Australia, just in general, but it genuinely sounds like an alien world compared to Victoria the last few months. You guys are either going to get whiplash from how hard the rules pivot, or a bunch of Adelads are gonna die.

Wear a mask, social distance!!!

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

VOTE1 posted:

Other than that it’s completely normal, played cricket on the weekend even post game handshakes were back (instead of fist bums).

Bit of post game Hopoate

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

RichardA posted:

Marshall did surprised me by being non poo poo with his initial pandemic response, here's hoping he can suprise us again by being not poo poo around this.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

bell jar posted:

I don't pay attention to South Australia, just in general, but it genuinely sounds like an alien world compared to Victoria the last few months. You guys are either going to get whiplash from how hard the rules pivot, or a bunch of Adelads are gonna die.

Wear a mask, social distance!!!

Victoria was the alien place in the above scenario compared to the other states you know.

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

trunkh posted:

Marshall did surprised me by being non poo poo with his initial pandemic response, here's hoping he can suprise us again by being not poo poo around this.

Hopefully. Interesting note: up until now Covid-hotel workers in sa haven't been tested on a schedule as a precautionary measure.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

RichardA posted:

Hopefully. Interesting note: up until now Covid-hotel workers in sa haven't been tested on a schedule as a precautionary measure.

Fkn love Australia, we learn nothing from observing one another, as it might require effort.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

trunkh posted:

Victoria was the alien place in the above scenario compared to the other states you know.

Yeah but I live here so its normal, and you're the weird ones

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

trunkh posted:

Yeah.

Regardless, my work is already saying that we are gonna be going back to WFH for the moment.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

bell jar posted:

Yeah but I live here so its normal, and you're the weird ones

Bold of you to assume the state in which I reside. I expect that kind of arrogance from NSW...

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Queensland strong

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

bell jar posted:

Bit of post game Hopoate

Were a close nit team.

trunkh posted:

He’s avoiding a lot of questions right now, which is ok for day 1, but I’m not sure he can keep all the balls in the air if this gets out of control - he certainly couldn’t juggle Dan Andrew’s marathon press conferences.

VOTE1 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 16, 2020

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

RichardA posted:

If you catch 100% of the cases in hotel covid within 4 days you don't actually need to test staff because contact tracing the people in isolation is pretty easy, however you pay for that with a larger spread that has to be contact traced.

It's the same logic that self isolation without symtoms with tests at day2 & day10 is fine even if you are isolating with family that aren't

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lord forgive me but I have faith that Marshall will handle this right. They did the right thing back in March/April so there's no reason to think they won't do otherwise now.

Honestly all the states have done pretty well with handling things. It's the feds that have been the issue.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Knobb Manwich posted:

:stare: yeah I'm not gonna relax in Vic any time soon.

hawke, dispose of your posts responsibly

Never. My posts are dumped on industrial sites which are transferred to developers just before the NSW government buys them at wildly inflated prices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
When a Labor state gets covid: It's okay we got this
When a Liberal state gets covid: Please sweet jesus don't sacrifice humans for the economy.