Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I like the Uliana defense buff a lot. It stil doesn't have the raw damage to be anywhere near monk meta I imagine, but not instantly folding in a GR 100+ is a welcome change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Every class will be easy to get off the ground because the haedrig's gift sets for everybody but barb are the best all-around sets for their class, and frenzy barb isn't too far behind WW for that matter. If you're just soloing or playing random pickups, play whatever sounds cool to you. Most of the serious group play is going to revolve around necros (and support barbs as always).

p.s. if you don't like necro because it's been squishy and Land of the Dead-focused, this is the season for you to actually play necro.

That's good to hear. Land of the dead sucks the fun for me out of every neceo I've tried.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I tried playing around with a necro late in 21 and I enjoyed it after I stopped trying to frontline with him, the way barbs and monks do, because a necro is not a monk

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

DARPA posted:

That's good to hear. Land of the dead sucks the fun for me out of every neceo I've tried.

Amen.

I want to try it and also the new crusader set since I haven't yet. Thinking crusader on PC and necro on switch since I let the switch online sub lapse and leveling on switch is brutal solo. At least with necro I can get a couple CR bags (since I'll do it later when I get bored on PC) and get the gloves straight away and hopefully make it a bit quicker.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
You guys should all check out maxroll.gg, the new community resource site made by Raxx, Rhykker, and a bunch of other content creators. It has everything anyone here has ever asked for.

e: this should for sure go in the OP.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Nov 17, 2020

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dameius posted:

You guys should all check out maxroll.gg, the new community resource site made by Raxx, Rhykker, and a bunch of other content creators. It has everything anyone here has ever asked for.

Their key tier list significantly underrated vyr archon's key/hr. It's at a minimum a B and with double weapons it's arguably lower tier A.

Most of the rest of it and their other resources seem pretty good.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 17, 2020

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

That may be, but nobody is going to play wizard this season anyway. :v:

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

I wanted to but :[

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Suburban Dad posted:

who is going to play anything during yet another necro season

ok I am being harsh, the build of the season seems less tedious than other necro builds & maybe even fun

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Nov 18, 2020

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I only play wd because I am boring and small. Also the combo of piranhas, ghosts and voodoo magic still owns.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Excited to try a necro build that doesn't use land of the dead. Because the conquests I'll have to do two classes minimum so probably do sader since I haven't in forever.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
Seems a lot of people are going Necro, everything been power creep'ed with buffs this season but Necro a little more so I guess, I was thinking the same (Bone spear or whatever), but I never played Necro before, how's Necro going to hold up after the season when he loses his bonus 4th cube slot, is he only good now because of the gimmick? With GOD DH/WWRend Barb/Tempest Monk, etc. they'll still be functional and good after season, basically, this seasonal cube buff is going to disincentivize me / getting attached to my Necro build if I know they're only "temporary" good.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Im_Special posted:

Seems a lot of people are going Necro, everything been power creep'ed with buffs this season but Necro a little more so I guess, I was thinking the same (Bone spear or whatever), but I never played Necro before, how's Necro going to hold up after the season when he loses his bonus 4th cube slot, is he only good now because of the gimmick? With GOD DH/WWRend Barb/Tempest Monk, etc. they'll still be functional and good after season, basically, this seasonal cube buff is going to disincentivize me / getting attached to my Necro build if I know they're only "temporary" good.

You're looking at this the wrong way, completely. If they're only good for a short time, why wouldn't you want to play them when they're better? Seasons only last a little bit, there's no need to get attached in the first place, IMO. Necro will still be good afterward (if they ever were good, I personally think the class design overall is pretty awful and unfun to play but hoping the new set changes that). They're one of the most used classes and good for meta poo poo.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Is this a new necro set that isn't just a Land of the Dead cooldown build?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Is this a new necro set that isn't just a Land of the Dead cooldown build?

It's the new Masquerade Of The Burning Carnival set, a.k.a. the Bone Spear Bone Armor Simulacrum Murderer set.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Dameius posted:

OP Updated with this and S22 info

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
Excited to finally play a necro that isn't a cooldown dependant glass cannon. Here's some action in grift 125:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZBD4RWSM1g&t=840s

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
Goddammit, I feel crazy. My gf was playing Diorblo last night and I swear I saw the line saying "Season 22 now in progress" and I flipped out because I thought it started on the 20th, but when we loaded it up again to play together, it said the season had ended. But I was absolutely POSITIVE it said the season had started. Ugh.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Lucas Archer posted:

Goddammit, I feel crazy. My gf was playing Diorblo last night and I swear I saw the line saying "Season 22 now in progress" and I flipped out because I thought it started on the 20th, but when we loaded it up again to play together, it said the season had ended. But I was absolutely POSITIVE it said the season had started. Ugh.
In the launcher it says "Season 22 - Patch 2.6.10 is NOW LIVE!" and then on mouse-over the little text whispers about November 20th, maybe that?

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
S22 started for console for a few hours, then got a rollback. You're still crazy though!

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...

GTJustin posted:

S22 started for console for a few hours, then got a rollback. You're still crazy though!

Is that true? If so, that makes me feel so much better. I am still crazy, just not about THAT.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug
I'm trying to decide between necro, crusader, and barbarian for the next season. I usually end up with two characters in a season. Which class gets the most out of the extra slot in the cube? I was leaning towards necro and then barb as my secondary. I don't usually push very high (I did my first GR100+ last season) but like to just do some lower GR for speed, T16, etc when casually watching random YouTube videos. Last season I did monk WoL and PoJ and then DH with mostly GoD.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

gariig posted:

I'm trying to decide between necro, crusader, and barbarian for the next season. I usually end up with two characters in a season. Which class gets the most out of the extra slot in the cube? I was leaning towards necro and then barb as my secondary. I don't usually push very high (I did my first GR100+ last season) but like to just do some lower GR for speed, T16, etc when casually watching random YouTube videos. Last season I did monk WoL and PoJ and then DH with mostly GoD.

Necro I'd say since their weapons are so powerful. Most the rest will be utility or CoE which is loving boring. Go necro and coin flip on the other. Barb is way more fun IMO but I haven't tried the new sader set yet.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
I think next season I want to experiment not so much with builds but with a fun character. Fun, as in how they are written. I love for example the witch doctor's quips, or the wizard being a smug motherfucker. I also loved how the crusader sounds so laid back about everything and blase about death etc. So, who among barb/monk/dh/necro has an interesting attitude or is written in at least an interesting way? I'm guessing it's gonna be fun to experiment with classes mechanically either way, so might as well pick one that also has flavor

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Challenge rift is spin2win barb, ty blizzard

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Zenithe posted:

The last couple seasons have had pretty braindead challenge rifts. I approve.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

gariig posted:

Necro gains the most from the extra cube slot by a landslide. Sader is probably #2 by that metric because the extra cube slot lets Valor builds put Fate of the Fell and Shield of Fury into the cube and run with the buffed Norvald set, plus there's the 4-sets Thorns build to play around with. Barb is kind of lagging behind now in everything except support builds where they're still the only class that belongs in every type of serious group.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:
How does one go about finding goons to play D3 with these days? LLJK community chat appears to be totally dead but that may just be because we're between seasons at the moment.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

KodiakRS posted:

How does one go about finding goons to play D3 with these days? LLJK community chat appears to be totally dead but that may just be because we're between seasons at the moment.

That's eactly it. Once the Season starts, the channel will pick up again.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
for a week or two, then interest vanishes again

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Zenithe posted:

if i'm gonna jump into this season for a bit, does it matter when i run this? when do rifts rotate again?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
There's also the D3 Goons Discord.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Hauki posted:

if i'm gonna jump into this season for a bit, does it matter when i run this? when do rifts rotate again?
Run it after you have created a season character, or you will get the rewards in the non season zone I.e useless

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Nice of blizz to make the EU challenge one of the worst ones yet

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Hi thread, I got the game for the switch not long ago and it just occurred to me there was probably a thread.

I'm generally playing a pet-based corpse explosion kind of a thing, not trying for any leaderboards, but hoping to be functional towards the higher Torments.

Anyway, a question: I feel like with Paragon Points it makes sense to max one field at a time before moving on, but my wife thinks that doing a little bit of everything is better.

My brain is telling me I'm right for math reasons, but I can't adequately explain it. Something about how the rewards make more of a difference towards the end of the bar.

Who is right?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It depends on build but it also doesn't matter because people max out everything in paragons in less than a week.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
It is better to dump points into one affix at a time because of relative values of the various affixes mean that they are not all created equal.

The very first thing you should be pumping is move speed, then in that same category put the rest in mainstat. It sounds like you are playing Necro so that'd be intelligence.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I feel like I want to make a Bombardment Crusader again, but on the other hand, the Haedrig's set isn't one of the two (Crusader) sets that a Bombardment Crusader uses...

That's sad!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The biggest QoL increase for paragon is definitely Move Speed! After that depending on my build I focus on Crit or Area Damage.

In my experience just focusing on one stat at a time will yield much more dramatic results.

Also Swotch goon codes are in OP if you wanna play with other goons. The opening weekend of the season is always pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Is there an official time for the season start?