Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

And why am I collecting tears

Because you hate yourself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If you reset your skills it doesn't reset the hidden nodes so once you have like 50 points you can just reveal all of the skills

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

ok yeah I finally got around to building Valka's hut and Asgard loving sucks. The washed out colors, scenic-but-barren map, and bickering gods bullshit reminded me of the worst parts of Odyssey, oddly enough. The only interesting thing that happened so far is I finally switched genders while in the dream realm, though I assume it'll switch back when I wake up. Can I complete it in one shot around power level 100ish or am I meant to come back? And why am I collecting tears ahhhh I hate it

Don't collect the tears, its not worth it. You can knock the whole thing out at that level, I did and I'm bad at video games. Although I still don't know if anything that happened there was at all important or relevant beyond making me want to play God of War again.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

just had a weapon spontaneously vanish not only from my hand, but my entire inventory, just straight up gone. it was gungnir, too.

not sure why it happened but uh look out for that, i guess

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Someone earlier said it was related to the dual wirld weapon swap ability and torches.

Lucid Dream
Feb 4, 2003

That boy ain't right.
Game bugged out and I can't leave asgard. The wake up button is gone from the world map. Has anyone found a workaround aside from loading my hours old save?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gumball Gumption posted:

If you reset your skills it doesn't reset the hidden nodes so once you have like 50 points you can just reveal all of the skills

They re-fogged for me at some point. Not sure what did it, but of course you can just do it again.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Just beat two bears to death while duel wielding shields. Which were on fire. goty already.

Anyway I much prefer Male Eivor's voice. The actor plays him unexpectedly soft spoken but it works with the character's more grounded nature and subtle wit. It also makes flyting a lot of fun. Plus I like that gentler voice combined with some of the more hilariously brutal kills. Using a stereotypical deeper gruff voice would be more one note imo.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

The Lone Badger posted:

Someone earlier said it was related to the dual wirld weapon swap ability and torches.
well I, for one, am not going to unlock this weapon-eating skill

Yo Ubisoft: why am I limited to 20 manual saves on the PC in our year 2020? Why do I have to choose between overwriting one of my most recent ones or painstakingly deleting the old ones? Why?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Noirex posted:

Plus I like that gentler voice combined with some of the more hilariously brutal kills. Using a stereotypical deeper gruff voice would be more one note imo.

I like the kill animation for goliaths. The scream eivor does at the body always makes me smile. Unless the goliath was on fire while you were grappling him to death. That was a bit :stare:

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Nope and as far as I can tell so far it just shines a very dim light on what looks like will become apparent in the main story anyway. Do not collect the yellow dots the reward is 5 skill points. There is no gear. There are no abilities.

Yeah, it felt pretty pointless. Thanks bud.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
Speaking of goofy humor, in Essex:

Side quest: The Prodigy

After completing it: annoying bard sings "Smack my bishop! Smack my bishop!"

Someone must pay.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Crowetron posted:

Don't collect the tears, its not worth it.

Yeah, you get 5 skill points which is one less than three main quest completions. I'm in Essex and pretty much am just spending points where-ever to get +2 axe-maiming, I already have all the skills I could want unlocked.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I like the kill animation for goliaths. The scream eivor does at the body always makes me smile. Unless the goliath was on fire while you were grappling him to death. That was a bit :stare:

Some of the kills are really gnarly. There's one where Eivor loops off both arms, places his spear on the ground then slams the poor man's head down through the chin. :stare:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

asgard is entirely optional yeah? everyone just complains about it. is there any reason to go?

i havent even bothered building valka's hut yet, i have too many other huts too build. im saving up for a bakery and then some chickens

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Earwicker posted:

asgard is entirely optional yeah? everyone just complains about it. is there any reason to go?

You get skill points for doing the main quest and can ignore all the tears, the area itself is beautiful and you play as Odin in the leadup to Ragnarok.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

i watched this npc for like 20 minutes last night
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqGiPTe91zU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I liked that in Vinland the native language was untranslated. Does anyone happen to know which language it was?

Also the more I play the more...wasted the assassination cutscenes seem. Not that they are bad but that most of these guys have no build up. So you learn everything about them after they are dead. Doesn't really sell the scene. Wish we had to do some more investigation or something to get to know teh rear end in a top hat we are killing.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Eimi posted:

I liked that in Vinland the native language was untranslated. Does anyone happen to know which language it was?

Mohawk/Kanienʼkéha, the same as in Assassin's Creed 3.

It SHOULD have been Mik'maq since most historians place Vinland in New Brunswick/Labrador, but pretty sure there was intended to be a connection with AC3 here.(I haven't finished the game yet so can't say for sure)

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Lum_ posted:

Mohawk/Kanienʼkéha, the same as in Assassin's Creed 3.

It SHOULD have been Mik'maq since most historians place Vinland in New Brunswick/Labrador, but pretty sure there was intended to be a connection with AC3 here.(I haven't finished the game yet so can't say for sure)

Cool, while it's a shame they missed the more accurate route, but I hope that since they used the language before they did it properly. Was really neat to see.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
So I've finished Grantebridge, Ledecester, and East Anglia questlines but am only level 70. Oxford/Asgard/Lunden all say level 90...am I just supposed to grind side-content for 20 levels? What am I supposed to do next?

Crowetron posted:

I miss the goofier tone of Odyssey because when AC does joke-y stuff it has a pretty decent hit rate but when it tries for drama it fails every time. Especially here, where it expects me to be really invested in the well-being of characters who only show up for 20 minutes out of 40 hours of playtime and when they do appear, they're utterly unlikable assholes. At least Ivarr was an entertaining rear end in a top hat. Also I laughed out loud at letting Fulke just walk away after her big villain monologue at the abbey. I know it happens at least once in all of these games, it just seemed especially out of place here. Eivor even stepped aside so she could reach the door!

On the other hand, I'm well past 40 hours and using my Scorpion harpoon to whip dudes into other dudes is still funny every time. Olde England is a land of contrasts.

Go find a woman screaming for eggs in Ledecester...

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Lucid Dream posted:

Game bugged out and I can't leave asgard. The wake up button is gone from the world map. Has anyone found a workaround aside from loading my hours old save?

Have you tried saving and reloading the new save? That's fixed a couple of similar problems for me.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh my god, I just got to the opposite flyting battle in Lunden and it was just so :3:

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

exquisite tea posted:

I'm gonna do every one and complain the whole time.

I admire the true hardcore RPG connoisseur.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

No idea why people think collecting the tears is so bad. The ones where you have to climb the mountain are annoying I guess, but generally running around collecting poo poo is kind of the game and it doesn't take that long.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Just completed the Vinland Saga. More like Bad Frameratesland! I've never played AC3 but I imagine that's setting something up there?

Now I'm into Sciropscire. Ivarr you freaking dumbass.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

When I'm supposed to use the left stick to 'control' the fish, what am I supposed to do with it? Oppose the fish's motion? Go with the fish's motion?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Where can I find a hammer? I was pretty sure I had one but it's not in my inventory anymore. Want to try something other than the dad-axe.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
Guys take this with a grain of salt but according to leaks (from people whom worked in Origins and Valhalla) the next setting will be

1)In Transoxiana (Upper Khorasan, Khawrazem)
2)Set during the reign of Emir Timur the lame (Tamerlane)
3)The conflict between Timur and Bayezid will be major backdrop of the game.
4)Samarkand, Herat, Isfahan mutliple major cities you can visit
5)Central Asian, Steppe and Persian themed setting
6)Choice between M/F
7)The main player will be from the Uzbeks(??)

EDIT: More info

8)It won't be similar to previous titles, where the passage of time is not felt and basically a one go character from begining to finish.
9)You start as an orphan bought from a slave raid and sold in the markets of samarkand (13 years old??) You grow older through out the game
10) They want to reanct the "slave to sultan" stories that where prevalant in the central asia and middle east at that time ( Mamlukes, Seljuks Ghazni)

EDIT: Even more info

11) Hair will be much more detailed, and will grow organically and you can braid it on get go
12) As you start as an oprhan and urchin, you see your "friends" grow up with you and whom lives and dies depends on your choices throughout the game
13) war elephant (??) possible mount, along with camels, steppe horses
14) Samarkand will be the biggest city ever created in AC franchise. it will be the city of thousand minerats like in Arabian Nights.

Savy Saracen salad fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 19, 2020

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Savy Saracen salad posted:

Guys take this with a grain of salt but according to leaks (from people whom worked in Origins and Valhalla) the next setting will be

6)Choice between M/F

I would love for them to go back to focusing on a single city again. Syndicate was the last setting that (I think) was believable. I'm probably in the minority for noticing things like this but there's no carts travelling between towns. There's carts sitting still but there's no carts in transit. Syndicate had trains, horses and buggies, and boats.

These are the final numbers for the feast with everything maxed out to full. 50 health is pretty good I guess but does everything else not seem incredibly underwhelming considering what goes into fully maxing out the farms?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

shut up blegum posted:

Where can I find a hammer? I was pretty sure I had one but it's not in my inventory anymore. Want to try something other than the dad-axe.

There's probably one you can find earlier, but the first one I found was in Lunden. You should get it during the main quest there, hunting for the Leech.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Savy Saracen salad posted:

6)Choice between M/F

I don't believe you!

Sounds cool of course. But it's hard to see them go into a relatively obscure setting after doing like 3 (maybe even 4 if you count Victorian London before that) most obvious historical settings in the series.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I want them to hard reboot the whole series (seriously the over arching plot has gotten so stupid and absurd - it just needs to end) and go back to Jerusalem. Start fresh with Altair and the origins of the Templars during the crusades. Literally ignore every single bit of lore that happened after that and start over with it being a little more grounded. One city with maybe a bit of outskirts. Focused and refined.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That sounds ValHELLa lame!

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

I dunno, a central asian setting sounds extremely dope. 14th century Samarkand? Yes please

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

romance spoiler I get that they were foreshadowing randvi and Eivor getting together and that it's optional but I feel like Eivor should feel a little more conflicted about the whole deal.

Like it's his foster brother's wife for crying out loud.

Did I trigger it too early and there's actually a point where Eivor not giving a drat makes sense?

Honestly without knowing much more, I'm guessing that given its optional it'll be barely brought up in the inevitable Eivor/Sigurd conflict beyond a one-line about banging his wife.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

shut up blegum posted:

There's a warhammer in the Marauder's Den in Norway.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Compromise, we bring Altair back - but he's in Hell, a Barlowesque terrorscape built out of the literal souls of the damned. Look out upon the firey plains about the river Acheron as you explore the red city of Adamantirix, one of the grostesque wonders of the infernal realm. Sneak past the elite troops of the Order of the Fly in the endless jumbled capital of Dis as you seek to re-assassinate the Borgia family in their torment.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost
So is it a good idea to take the opportunity to remove the zealot pursuit in this game, or is the game more interesting with them pursuing me?

I liked the merc system in Odyssey, but the zealots just seem like a "gently caress you here is an over leveled enemy to get in your way for...reasons" type thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

The Lone Badger posted:

When I'm supposed to use the left stick to 'control' the fish, what am I supposed to do with it? Oppose the fish's motion? Go with the fish's motion?

In Red Dead 2 you pull in the opposite direction of the fish, so I just started doing that by default. And I always seem to catch my fish, so I guess it's not wrong?