Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Dear everyone saying you can’t do it: geo loves you and wants to be your friend and every reaction drops shields and you aren’t interrupted when you have a shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
For people asking about artifacts, this is what my artifacts look like at AR 45. I 6 starred abyss floors 9-11 with this.

Get all attack artifacts on your main dps, and max them out. Then over time as you find upgrades (higher rarity, better substats) upgrade those and hand the old one off to other characters in order of how important they are.

For other characters just put together set bonuses with level 0 trash.

RobertDanger
Dec 4, 2003
Here comes danger!

I must be insanely lucky. I have a full set of 5 star bolide for xiangling, full set of 5 star set with the charge damage bonus that has all defense% for noelle. 2 full sets of maiden for qiqi and barbara. I need to figure out a good team comp for abyss floor 6,7,8.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

No Wave posted:

Diluc players generally spec him for pyro. I think much more than half of his total damage should come from pyro given that his ult has a 12 second CD and his normals deal pyro damage for 8 seconds afterwards - combined with his E + ult I'd imagine he's at least 2/3ds pyro.

Goes up to 12 seconds at 4th ascension too. Lots of fire.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

It's usually always worth it to specialize unless it's a perfect 50:50 split. You're trading +46.6% base ATK for x1.466 DMG on your preferred element, which is actually a lot.

Base ATK is typically around 650-700 at level 80, so ATK goblet will give around +320 ATK. Let's say your ATK is ~1500 without the goblet, then an ATK goblet adds 21% effective DMG.

Different bonus are multiplicative, not additive, right? That's what I heard.
So If you have 1000 ATK and +100% ATK items already, adding 50% ATK give you 1000*250% = 2500 damage
If you add +50% Pyro instead it's 1000*200%*150% = 3000 damage
Am I doing something wrong here?

edit: sorry, 1000*2*1.5, not 1000*2.5*1.5

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 19, 2020

kater
Nov 16, 2010

wait

? ???????

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Araganzar posted:

Different bonus are multiplicative, not additive, right? That's what I heard.
So If you have 1000 ATK and +100% ATK items already, adding 50% ATK give you 1000*250% = 2500 damage
If you add +50% Pyro instead it's 1000*250%*150% = 3000 damage
Am I doing something wrong here?

+ATK% is additive and only applies to your base ATK (character + weapon), which you can see when you check your detailed stats. It'll be the number not in green.

DMG is multiplicative and essentially makes every point of ATK more effective.

In my case, I used to have ~1850 ATK without a cryo DMG goblet. I'm more effective now even though I dropped to ~1550 ATK.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 19, 2020

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

kater posted:

no. all atk% are the same atk% added together.

dmg% is a new multiplier, hence its importance.

Different bonuses as in ATK, Pyro%, Physical%. 3 ATK pieces at 50% with 1000 attack is 2500 damage, 2 ATK and 1 Pyro is 3000. So it seems to me it pays to spread out the bonus rather than specialize.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
I'm at AR 33 and Traveler is really starting to feel like dead weight in my team, but I have no idea how to make an actual team based on the characters I have. My team I have been using is Razor, Bennet, Barbara and Traveler(anemo) .

In my roster I have Keqing, Xiangling, Noelle, Sucrose, Xingqiu, Ninguang and Beidou (plus all the freebies). Should I stick with this team I am using, or should I invest more in some of the folks on my bench?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The reason ATK is generally worse is because it's usually a bigger number than %DMG thanks to feathers and substats.

500 base ATK with +140% atk and +20% dmg you get:
( 500 * (1 + 1.4) ) * 1.2 = 1440

500 base ATK with +80% atk and +80% dmg you get:
( 500 * (1 + .8) ) * 1.8 = 1620

In rare cases, like Childe with R5 Rust or Razor with Skyrider Greatsword+Gladiator, you can end up with more +dmg than +atk% in which case +atk% on goblet could actually be correct. This almost never happens though which is why elemental goblet is almost always preferable.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Nov 19, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Falcon Coast - north next to a cryo Whopperflower, next to the hilichurl camp, and south near a glowing crack in the cliff; around 20 total
Lihua Pool - 3 of those pools contain 3-4 crabs each

I think there's a merchant in Liyue that sells crab too. I'm bad at giving directions, it's a stall in the lower section of town where the reputation board and warehouse is. On the side with the blacksmith and Kathryne.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
It's also helpful to think in terms of effective ATK.

Like if your ATK stat is 2000 with no multipliers, then effective ATK=2000
ATK=1500 with 46.6 multiplier, then effective ATK=2199

That's 10% better with 25% less actual ATK, on the condition you're only doing one type of damage. And this is without even taking crits into account.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Ash Rose posted:

I'm at AR 33 and Traveler is really starting to feel like dead weight in my team, but I have no idea how to make an actual team based on the characters I have. My team I have been using is Razor, Bennet, Barbara and Traveler(anemo) .

In my roster I have Keqing, Xiangling, Noelle, Sucrose, Xingqiu, Ninguang and Beidou (plus all the freebies). Should I stick with this team I am using, or should I invest more in some of the folks on my bench?

I am not a Razor player but i assume you want Kaeya for superconduct.

You should level up Keqing because she is very good main DPS 9use her for your second team in abyss if you don't want to use her in the overworld), and Xinqiu is one of the best supports in terms of how much damage he adds. from the backlines.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

RareAcumen posted:

I think there's a merchant in Liyue that sells crab too. I'm bad at giving directions, it's a stall in the lower section of town where the reputation board and warehouse is. On the side with the blacksmith and Kathryne.

Well gently caress me running, there is a merchant on the docks that sells fish, crab, and shrimp. Only 5 each, but if stores restock daily, then that's not bad at all

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You can buy shrimp from the general vendor in liyue. He's got a stock of 100, you can only buy shrimp.

I'd recommend not buying crab and fish, you'll get all you need within a week or two of paying attention to them.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Ash Rose posted:

It depends how attached you are to Razor and/or having a claymore character out at all times but Keqing as a 5* will be a far more effective electro dps than him in the long run. I replaced Razor with Keqing myself a while ago and never looked back

Other than that you could probably replace the traveller with either of Xiangling or Xingqiu, although I don't know if it's worth doubling up on hydro when you already have a lot of healing in Barbara and Bennett

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Ash Rose posted:

Traveler is absolutely dead weight with pulls like that, you should really have replaced them sooner. You also really don't need to run Barbara with a Bennett in the party, his burst eclipses her healing in almost every way, and that's all she's good for in the first place! You could honestly take your pick from any of your bench members depending on who you like to play the best, but if I was choosing for myself I'd go for Sucrose and Xiangling (or Xingqiu) if pairing with Razor and Bennett. It would also be worth considering levelling Keqing as a second main carry for Abyss.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

inthesto posted:

Well gently caress me running, there is a merchant on the docks that sells fish, crab, and shrimp. Only 5 each, but if stores restock daily, then that's not bad at all

He's got a guy across from him that sells I think 8 fish as well, but they're more expensive. Granted, it's not that huge a jump all things considered and fish is annoying to grind for.

I know this isn't the kind of game where you just grind up 999 of everything in two hours but I wish they would just crank up the numbers of stuff you get and just say 'look, just pretend you hit square or E 6 more times than you did' so we could get a couple peppers or apples at a time. Or hell, an apple orchard would be nice.

I'm hoping that new characters come along with neat passives or skills. Like one that can move while attacking or they've got a friendly aura that draws animals to you so you can collect and harvest them for food easier. It'd be a lot easier catching crabs and those pearl dropping lizards if they didn't also run away from you on top of being hard to see.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ash Rose posted:

If it were me the characters I would be interested in are Keqing+Bennett+Xingqiu+Xiangling and Razor+your upcoming Fischl+try to pull Diona/Kaeya. That's too many characters to level at once at AR33 so I'd first put resources into Razor, Keqing, and Bennett.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

If it were me the characters I would be interested in are Keqing+Bennett+Xingqiu+Xiangling and Razor+your upcoming Fischl+try to pull Diona/Kaeya. That's too many characters to level at once at AR33 so I'd first put resources into Razor, Keqing, and Bennett.

This is the comp I came up with for Abyss except with Sucrose on the 2nd team instead of a new character.

However, for overland I would go Razor+Bennet+Xingqui+Sucrose. This gives a claymore, fire/water/anemo for various outdoor features and stuff like fire flowers, crowd control/grouping, and tons of healing.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
Thanks for all the replies, I think I am going to go with Razor, Bennet, Xingqiu, and Xiangling based on what I am seeing,

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That's fine for the overworld. Eventually you'll want to try pairing Razor with though, it's what the character was designed for.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah I'd run that exact team but swap Xiangling for Kaeya. really don't think you'd need the extra overload or resonance bonus.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

He's got a guy across from him that sells I think 8 fish as well, but they're more expensive. Granted, it's not that huge a jump all things considered and fish is annoying to grind for.

Talk to both of them and they'll tell you about their fierce rivalry. Then, at night you'll find them at the restaurant area, laughing about the fools who fell for their scheme.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

dogsicle posted:

yeah I'd run that exact team but swap Xiangling for Kaeya. really don't think you'd need the extra overload or resonance bonus.

You don't run Xiangling with that setup for overload procs, you run her because her abilities do ridiculous amounts of damage without her even needing to even be on the field. Plus having Pyro resonance is fantastic with Bennett because it means his burst has near constant uptime. The only thing Kaeya is useful for is breaking Electro Fatui shields, which does not earn him a spot in a team in my eyes. Sure he can apply superconduct but frankly I'd argue he's not even particularly great at that.

Bland fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 19, 2020

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Tamba posted:

Talk to both of them and they'll tell you about their fierce rivalry. Then, at night you'll find them at the restaurant area, laughing about the fools who fell for their scheme.

I'm continually shocked how many cool little bits of story are tucked away in dialogue with non-descript NPCs. It's excellent and unexpected.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Bland posted:

You don't run Xiangling with that setup for overload procs, you run her because her abilities do ridiculous amounts of damage without her even needing to even be on the field. Plus having Pyro resonance is fantastic with Bennett because it means his burst has near constant uptime. The only thing Kaeya is useful for is breaking Electro Fatui shields, which does not earn him a spot in a team in my eyes. Sure he can apply superconduct but frankly I'd argue he's not even particularly great at that.

Kaeya is the best cryo applicator atm. It's not saying much because there's no real good cryo application characters, but he's going to be better than Diona. Chongyun is also terrible with Razor because he converts all your damage to cryo, making Razor's ascension stat (phys Dam%) useless. If you have a Qiqi, she's better than Kaeya from sheer utility, but that's relevant on pulling a non-banner 5* unit. The only way the Diona is able to maintain 100% uptime of superconduct is having a sacrifical bow that procs on every hit. And if you're running razor carry, you need superconduct, because it's such a huge damage boost. If you 100% want to keep Xiangling on your team, then you'll need to swap out XQ for Kaeya.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 19, 2020

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Tbh I don't have Razor so I didn't realise he was so dependent on superconduct. If that's the case then I'd definitely switch Razor out for Keqing ASAP because man does it feel bad to have to use Kaeya.

Sepah
May 13, 2014

berenzen posted:

Kaeya is the best cryo applicator atm. It's not saying much because there's no real good cryo application characters, but he's going to be better than Diona. Chongyun is also terrible with Razor because he converts all your damage to cryo, making Razor's ascension stat (phys Dam%) useless. If you have a Qiqi, she's better than Kaeya from sheer utility, but that's relevant on pulling a non-banner 5* unit. The only way the Diona is able to maintain 100% uptime of superconduct is having a sacrifical bow that procs on every hit. And if you're running razor carry, you need superconduct, because it's such a huge damage boost. If you 100% want to keep Xiangling on your team, then you'll need to swap out XQ for Kaeya.

Is this true about Diona? I thought Superconduct's debuff lasts 8 seconds, and Diona's non-hold skill CD is only 6 seconds.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sepah posted:

Is this true about Diona? I thought Superconduct's debuff lasts 8 seconds, and Diona's non-hold skill CD is only 6 seconds.

You're correct, but then you lose the value that diona brings to the team in the form of the shield, also Diona can't apply aoe cryo (outside of her ult), while Kaeya can.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Since I got Keqing, I now need to think about what to do with my swords. I've been using my best sword, Aquila Favonia, on Jean, and I have a few 4* swords. I have a Lion's Roar (I think R1), Favonius Blade (R3 - for some reason I have a bunch of Favonius weapons), and I've crafted two of the Prototype-whatever swords.

At first it seemed like putting Favonius Blade on Jean would make sense (to lean her more towards a healing/support role), but I read that this isn't that great for some reason. Lion's Roar could go okay with Keqing, but I imagine I should probably just give her the Favonia due to the much higher DPS. I'm thinking of focusing on the Prototype one since it's supposed to be pretty solid (and will be able to get refined more in the future).

RareAcumen posted:

Only having Razor as my current DPS makes those meteorite chunk missions at lvl 55 impossible when they stick Hillichurl snipers outside of the ring.

Ningguang is very handy for this. I think that tier lists are understating the usefulness of defensive abilities, since "not getting knocked around/interrupted" practically translates to extra DPS (and generally less time spent since you don't need to heal as much).

Pope Urbane II posted:

You don't have to spend the resin on any of those to accomplish the BP. Leylines spawn 4 per day. Bosses respawn after like 5min, and you can just do the first few floors of Abyss for domain credit.

Ohhhh, I didn't realize that (though now that you mention it I remember other people saying this).

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's the combat that keeps me so captivated. It's not a particularly deep system mechanically and yet there's enough going on that just makes it super fun to go to town on things.

Yeah, the combat makes new characters dramatically more compelling than just some jpegs + stat sheets.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

AweStriker posted:

Physical Klee? That doesn’t make sense to me since she can’t deal physical damage.

Flair posted:

Did you perhaps meant Phys Keqing rather than Klee?

Yeah, that's what I meant. Got the first letter right, good enough

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
I'd run Diona over Kaeya in a Razor team every day of the week, you'll only have a bit of downtime on the press shield (4.5s vs 6s CD) and superconduct applies in an AOE on proc anyways. The utility you get with the shield and extra healing is way better than better cryo application.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 19, 2020

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Razor basically needs to have 100% uptime on superconduct for his damage to keep up with other endgame carries. If you're not willing to try to keep 100% uptime on superconduct, then you're better off trying to build a different carry unit. If you want to maintain a shield on him with Diona, then you need to run another cryo character to apply cryo during the 7ish seconds that her skill is not available.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 20, 2020

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Bland posted:

Tbh I don't have Razor so I didn't realise he was so dependent on superconduct. If that's the case then I'd definitely switch Razor out for Keqing ASAP because man does it feel bad to have to use Kaeya.

In the Razor vs Kequing debate do not be fooled into thinking that they're both electro. Razor is actually the best physical damage in the game. Keqing can be made a physical attacker too, but it's a bit of a gimmick and she's better off going electro.

Anyone doing white damage is going to be "dependent" on superconduct because it is a bonkers damage increase that is suboptimal to ignore, just like pyro characters ignoring vaporize/melt.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

berenzen posted:

Razor basically needs to have 100% uptime on superconduct for his damage to keep up with other endgame carries. If you're not willing to try to keep 100% uptime on superconduct, then you're better off trying to build a different carry unit.

You're not going to have 100% uptime on DPS in the current endgame (Abyss 12) with Razor unless you're a gaming god I suppose, which Diona is way better than Kaeya in. Properly built Diona will also have a good uptime on her burst which will give you all the superconduct you need, plus heal you so you can stay in and DPS longer.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Superconduct applies in an AoE and also lasts around 10 seconds, you don't need to be constantly applying it. I've basically replaced Kaeya with Diona in situations I need Cryo and have no issue applying it to everything all the time.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

vandiar posted:

I'd run Diona over Kaeya in a Razor team every day of the week, you'll only have a bit of downtime on the press shield (4.5s vs 6s CD) and superconduct applies in an AOE on proc anyways. The utility you get with the shield and extra healing is way better than better cryo application.

I feel the opposite, Kaeya's burst just works too well with Razor even with the relatively short uptime imo

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

vandiar posted:

You're not going to have 100% uptime on DPS in the current endgame (Abyss 12) with Razor unless you're a gaming god I suppose, which Diona is way better than Kaeya in. Properly built Diona will also have a good uptime on her burst which will give you all the superconduct you need, plus heal you so you can stay in and DPS longer.

Abyss 12 is it's own dumb thing, because Diona's shield scales super hard in there, and the vast majority of enemies are, and you just run him in side 2 because huge amounts of the enemies there natively have cryo (aside from room 3 which is just fatui, who have -10% physical res to begin with) so you get superconduct without needing kaeya, anyway. Trying to revolve literally everything around abyss 12 is really loving dumb, because the abyss fucks with and forces certain team comps anyway. Trying to build your team as if every encounter that you have is going to be abyss 12 is really dumb, when the abyss fundamentally forces you to alter your teams builds that would work better when roaming around in the overworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bland posted:

Bland posted:

i suppose my specific issue with her in the team is the nature of her overload procs, because they are semi-random based on Guoba's targeting and the mess that is pyronado's outwards AOE. Guoba i find easy enough to play around but pyronado loves to actively push things away from you so it just feels like an awful pair for Razor. in terms of damage i'm not going to pretend to do math here, but offhand it just seems like Kaeya is the straightforward pick because he does his job perfectly well with very little investment since superconductor always gives you the same flat phys% bonus regardless of what stats you're stacking. some recharge% set bonuses and a weapon are all he really wants for better burst access. his skill/burst timers should result in nearly full uptime on superconductor.

and yeah this is mainly a thing because Razor is secretly a phys DPS with frequent electro application, his ascension stat is phys% and his burst's big deal is giving him an atkspd boost on normal attacks that scales with talent level.

e: and yet again i misremember superconductor's debuff, 8s of 40% phys boost does seem like it would be hard for XL to beat, certainly with as minimal investment as Kaeya needs

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 20, 2020