Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014

Soylent Pudding posted:

Hi thread. My organization does a daily news digest of articles relevant to our work. Freep has come up in this digest with it being treated as a legitimate news source on the same level as NYT, MSNBC and Foxnews. I know it's a racist fever swamp but I've been unable to find good third party documentation articles (including those in the OP) that aren't 5-10 years old at this point. If someone could help point me towards something I can use when I escalate this it would be much appreciated.

As I recall, there is a respected newspaper that has the poor fortune to share a name with Freep, are you sure that's not what you are seeing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://www.freep.com is the Detroit Free Press and a legitimate newspaper.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Soylent Pudding posted:

Hi thread. My organization does a daily news digest of articles relevant to our work. Freep has come up in this digest with it being treated as a legitimate news source on the same level as NYT, MSNBC and Foxnews. I know it's a racist fever swamp but I've been unable to find good third party documentation articles (including those in the OP) that aren't 5-10 years old at this point. If someone could help point me towards something I can use when I escalate this it would be much appreciated.
Are you sure they aren't referencing the Detroit Free Press (a legitimate major daily newspaper with a long history and multiple Pulitzer awards)? Its website is https://www.freep.com

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

I double checked. The URL is freerepublic[.]com, it looks like a 1997 style sheet and it's a forums post about Dominion election stealing citing Epoch Times. I feel sorry for that newspaper being accidentally associated with this chud septic tank though.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
The Detroit Free Press has an unfortunate url. https://www.freep.com/

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

It's not a Detroit Free Press link but I may mention that the compiler may have made that mistake as an olive branch.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Soylent Pudding posted:

It's not a Detroit Free Press link but I may mention that the compiler may have made that mistake as an olive branch.

Yeah. Just say "the freep.com link goes to an actual newspaper that does reporting/journalism, freerepublic goes to a message board that is at best a partisan aggregator."

Hell, just go back a few pages and find a good post/link that has some choice racism on it. That should settle things quick.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

They didn't cite a Detroit Free Press article and mangle the link. They specifically cited a FreeRepublic "news" post spreading Dominion election conspiracies and included snipets from the post as job relevant cybersecurity news. This isn't the first time they've slipped a fringe racist conspiracy site in it's just the first that hasn't been culturally relevant enough in a while to be well documented.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I was with the Detroit Free Press for a long while because of their website url and these assholes

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Wednesday News Roundup: Another GOP Surrender in Wayne County, Michigan

quote:

To: EyesOfTX
Michigan is in bad shape. But the Republican party here even worse. They have plenty of votes. Won’t need mine in the future.

2 posted on 11/18/2020, 5:41:27 AM by healy61
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

My guess is Trump will surrender on Friday and concede after GA certifies. I hope I am wrong.

7 posted on 11/18/2020, 5:59:09 AM by nwrep

quote:

To: nwrep
It going to hurt. Like the death of a child kind of hurt.

9 posted on 11/18/2020, 6:06:42 AM by central_va (I won't be reconstructed and I do not give a drat...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: BobL
I’m with you. Why Trump didn’t look outside of DC for key cabinet positions is beyond me. He was far too enamored of military general officers who, by and large, are every bit as political as any member of Congress - especially after the Obama purges. Depending on Jared Kushner for policy input on anything but Israel was just plain dumb; Kushner knew as little about the DC Swamp as Trump and has far less connection with, and understanding of, the American voter.

I had faith that he anticipated (that whole 3D chess BS) election fraud on a biblical scale and was taking steps to deal with it. I was wrong.

16 posted on 11/18/2020, 6:24:00 AM by ManHunter (You can run, but you'll only die tired... Army snipers: Reach out and touch someone)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

Ugh. Kraken +3 feels more like a koi pedicure.

22 posted on 11/18/2020, 6:52:42 AM by Fido969 (,i.)
And how does freep take those who aren't all in on the 6D chess plan?

quote:

To: lodi90
The FREeyores are coming out of the woodwork. Make a mental note of who they are as they can’t be trusted ever again.

30 posted on 11/18/2020, 8:02:05 AM by BlueMondaySkipper (Involuntarily subsidizing the parasite class since 1981)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Soylent Pudding posted:

They didn't cite a Detroit Free Press article and mangle the link. They specifically cited a FreeRepublic "news" post spreading Dominion election conspiracies and included snipets from the post as job relevant cybersecurity news. This isn't the first time they've slipped a fringe racist conspiracy site in it's just the first that hasn't been culturally relevant enough in a while to be well documented.

It's not an oversight or mistake. This was intentionally done by the curator.

The only people who care about Free Republic in 2020 are its members and the people who post in this thread.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

That's what I'm thinking and after this meeting I'm going to escalate through appropriate channels.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

ManHunter posted:

Depending on Jared Kushner for policy input on anything but Israel was just plain dumb

Yes, Kushner's qualifications to act as an envoy to Israel based on his extensive experience of

*checks notes*

...being Jewish

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Soylent Pudding posted:

Freep has a front page?

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Soylent Pudding posted:

That's what I'm thinking and after this meeting I'm going to escalate through appropriate channels.

It’s going to be fun to see which freeper whines about being persecuted by their employer for their conservative beliefs.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Soylent Pudding posted:

Freep has a bunch of very specific slang they use when discussing people they don't like. Mostly words they use to directly replace slurs.

I'm sure other posters here would be able to name a few of those and, from there, you could search the thread for them and come up with dozens of examples of the casual racism and homophobia Freep displays.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Hell you wouldn't need to find the code words most of the time. It's a pretty poor fig leaf.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Speaking of slurs...

Stacey Abrams: Trump 'Can Continue to Fight, But He’s Going to Lose'

quote:

To: Steve1999
Da legal sufficucinse of da law say he gots to sincede.

No way the blacque hippo didn’t say he goin ta looze.

Oh yeah, it went to an Ivy League school. Got in on merit.

12 posted on 11/19/2020, 9:32:35 AM by angmo (#joeknew)

quote:

"Sheboon sheboon
Sha na na na na na naaaa"
16 posted on 11/19/2020, 9:38:31 AM by StAnDeliver (I've got your Third Rail of Politics right here. )

quote:

To: stanne
Ghettopotamus

18 posted on 11/19/2020, 9:43:01 AM by Truthoverpower (The guv-mint you get is the Trump winning express ! Yea haw ! Trump Pence II! Save America again )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

If and when Trump emerges victorious, he MUST make an example of this gap toothed fatf-ck. To the point we never hear her name again.

22 posted on 11/19/2020, 9:43:21 AM by Captainpaintball

quote:

Stacy should be in a jungle clearing selling dried bats.

36 posted on 11/19/2020, 9:57:01 AM by SpaceBar

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Also, Jim Robinson's wife died this morning so it'll be interesting to see if he throws himself whole heartedly into hate or if it causes him to take a step back.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

That's some choice cut racism there.

Finnankainen posted:

Also, Jim Robinson's wife died this morning so it'll be interesting to see if he throws himself whole heartedly into hate or if it causes him to take a step back.

:munch:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Now now it's not right to take joy in the death of anothahahahahahahahaha

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Warmachine posted:

That's some choice cut racism there.

:munch:

It's amazing how much of it is burns for being fat from people who I'm assuming are not exactly slim themselves.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Is this also just a bunch of southerners posting about how an accent makes the speaker sound dumb because uh...?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

pseudanonymous posted:

It's amazing how much of it is burns for being fat from people who I'm assuming are not exactly slim themselves.

You know how Trump insults people for being unattractive all the time while being a disgusting fat rear end himself? Same deal.

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

davecrazy posted:

https://www.freep.com is the Detroit Free Press and a legitimate newspaper.

Yeah it’s really confusing whenever I see a link to them until I remember this.

Thoth!
Apr 28, 2014

pseudanonymous posted:

They're all temporarily embarrassed chiseled aryan supermen

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Finnankainen posted:

How'd she die?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Armpit musk, marijuana, and Ouija board was the scent profile of most of my late-night college hookups.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012

Scratch Monkey posted:

How'd she die?

Jim Robinson and his family need our prayers.

It seems she had been in a care facility for a long time, apparently neurological damage from a previous stroke.

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

My Twitter Account posted:

Armpit musk, marijuana, and Ouija board

Saw them open for phish once.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Finnankainen posted:

Jim Robinson and his family need our prayers.

It seems she had been in a care facility for a long time, apparently neurological damage from a previous stroke.

I know I'm a better person than these ghouls because I actually felt really bad reading this. These are the scum of the earth but I can't help but pity anyone going through the long, agonizing goodbye of losing a spouse like this. That is legit sad and I feel for the guy, even knowing he's my enemy.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

spaced ninja posted:

Saw them open for phish once.

Which one? All three were bands in my local basement punk scene.

edit: Someone I knew who was chuddy had a stroke when I was around 13, and it took him nearly a decade to finally die. The entire time he was bedridden, unable to speak, and paralyzed on one side of his body. He was still there, you could see it in his eyes, and he'd try to say something and just not be able to make the words. Every time I saw him, he was just staring at Fox News. He was illiterate before the stroke, so he couldn't even write his thoughts down.

If I am ever in this state, I want someone to end me. Seeing it for ten years is enough to know that if I am in that state, I am already dead. I don't want to suffer ten years laying in bed waiting to die.

Warmachine fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 19, 2020

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
I was curious as to how Freep would react to Rudy flop-sweating in front of cameras for an hour and a half, and, well.

BREAKING NEWS: Trump Lawyers Press Conference

quote:

To: Freedom56v2
So overwhelming. The breadth and width of the cheating, and the evidence - real evidence - is coming from so many places that I can’t imagine it going against Trump.

10 posted on 11/19/2020, 12:02:53 PM by Quality_Not_Quantity (This space vacant until further notice in compliance with social distancing 'guidelines')

quote:

Rjudy and Sidney etc is backed up in spades...Rudy nailed it..simple explanation even the msm can understand..the msm got their a$$ beat we will see what msm does wo\ill they double down or fold? they have been put on notice.

27 posted on 11/19/2020, 12:06:51 PM by rolling_stone (shime...)

quote:

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! We have officially declared our unwillingness to accept the election fraud and Biden in NOT going to be President. The people elected President Trump. We need to stand firm, boldly and with commitment. Send money to aid in this and attend protests...be peaceful but be loud!

46 posted on 11/19/2020, 12:10:11 PM by Wpin ("I Have Sworn Upon the Altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny...")

quote:

To: Savage Rider
What you said. I’m seething. The Kraken is crackin’. Whoa.

Gropey Joe’s gotta be soiling his Depends right now.

Hillary’s chugging the Cutty Sark.

Obama’s on the phone, conferring with all his fellow traveler, planning their counter move. However, looks like Kind take Rook. Checkmate.

56 posted on 11/19/2020, 12:12:00 PM by Quentin Quarantino
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

I think more than half the people on twitter are paid by Soros. That’s why they always flood Trump’s tweets. Remember the Krassenstein bros? They’re still on there, just under new accounts.

80 posted on 11/19/2020, 12:17:15 PM by Pollard (Bunch of curmudgeons)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 53 | View Replies]

quote:

To: right way right
The Democrats want to destroy our democracy. They are above the law. They have their crooked media with no credibility and their crooked government.

151 posted on 11/19/2020, 12:35:28 PM by FreedBird (B)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 144 | View Replies]

quote:

To: FreedBird
They should die.

Said it.

167 posted on 11/19/2020, 12:42:51 PM by right way right (May we remain sober over mere men, for God really is our only true hope.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 151 | View Replies]

quote:

To: MikeyB806
A shot over the bow!

We have only just begun to fight!

We have met the Enemy and they are ours...one Dominion, two faggots, and a slooping sloppy pretender who molests little girls.

(Deliberately misquoting American Naval Heroes.)

214 posted on 11/19/2020, 1:01:30 PM by miserare ( Respect for life--life of all kinds-- is the first principle of civilization.~~A. Schweitzer.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 179 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Truth29
It won’t stand!

We the People are waking up! There was no civility here...No giving the benefit of the doubt to questionable decisions by Democrat and GOPe actors.

Rudy, Sidney, and Jenna all stood proudly, stared the hateful media in the eye and informed them that this is Sparta!

The presser is on CSPAN and spreading like wildfire on social media in spite of most media outlets refusing to air it.

I believe THIS is the spark the set the 2nd American Revolution into motion. I have faith this one will be fought in the courts of law and public opinion, rather than the battlefield. I also believe the end result will be MASSIVE attention focused on election integrity to restore the consent of the governed.

260 posted on 11/19/2020, 1:21:48 PM by Heavyrunner (Socialize this.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 247 | View Replies]

quote:

A true bombshell of a press conference.
President Trump's legal team laid out the case for massive DNC fraud in unambiguous and horrifying detail.

Despite the angry and obnoxious resistance of the media mongers present, the team made crystal clear that the elective process--the soul of America itself--is under direct attack.

There can be no doubt that there will be massive turbulence in the media from this point forward since Sidney Powell's Kraken has been directly released today--and in no uncertain terms.

One has to ignore the frenzied caterwauling from a media that will attempt to denigrate and ignore the emerging truths of this horror.

Rest assured that President Trump's historic case of Elective Fraud will end in the United States Supreme Court--where the bogus results of this election will be discarded and the legitimate results will make Donald Trump the President-Elect for four more ground-breaking years in office.

294 posted on 11/19/2020, 1:44:53 PM by henbane (The barbarians are inside the gates!)

quote:

To: Truth29
” If we are to save the Republic from foreign software manipulation and massive paper fraud, it will have to be fought in the streets IMO.”

Today I accepted the idea that if Trump isn’t successful in securing reelection that there WILL BE blood in the streets. A shooting revolution for control of our country.

Maybe EVEN AFTER his second inauguration if the press doesn’t inform the people of the truth.

I’m glad I stocked up on ammo months/maybe a year ago.

One shot, one kill, my ammo will last a long time.

448 posted on 11/19/2020, 3:37:44 PM by faucetman (Just the facts, ma'am, Just the facts )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 431 | View Replies]

Y'know how it's usually funny that Freep's perception is so warped that they seem to live in an alternate dimension? It's a little more concerning than funny now.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Y'know how it's usually funny that Freep's perception is so warped that they seem to live in an alternate dimension? It's a little more concerning than funny now.

These people always concerned me because their bullets aren't as unreal as their convictions and perceptions.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

What the hell is up with the "release the Kraken" nonsense?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

This still feels tame compared to 2008.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Xiahou Dun posted:

What the hell is up with the "release the Kraken" nonsense?

https://www.themarysue.com/release-the-kraken-doesnt-mean-what-you-think-it-means/

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Release the Karens

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

RagnarokAngel posted:

This still feels tame compared to 2008.

This was observed during the campaign trail, Freep and other far-right assholes just can't bring themselves to the levels of HATE that they showed Obama and Hilary Clinton.

I mean the turnout numbers show that it didn't cost Trump any actual votes, but their rhetoric seems directionless and unfocused compared to any prior iterations of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
(Vanity) Sorry but I believe the Millennial generation has really screwed this country badly

OP posted:

It's obvious the media is shaping the direction and choosing who leads the country. I was struck by how young the reporters were in the presser today--young, spoiled and clueless--and utterly impervious to any understanding of the grave situation the country is in.

From the headlines after the press conference, all this ignorant posse were absorbed with was how effectively they could rush out and mock the dedicated professionals and the evidenced-backed information they presented.

I'm sure their super cool friends thought they knocked it out the park with the vapid, shallow and mean-spirited coverage they blasted across the media network right after.

THEY MADE FUN OF THIS CRITICAL INFORMATION with headlines like this:

"Sweating Rudy Giuliani presents 'evidence' for 'massive voting fraud' as hair dye runs down his face - alongside 'elite legal strike force' who claim Joe Biden's win is a Venezuelan plot they uncovered on the internet."

I'm beyond disgusted, sad and furious. These ignorant ungrateful jerks ridiculed the efforts and serious presentation.

This generation is all wrapped up in celebrity culture, rap music, selfies and the cool factor of being around those they think have high brand value.

Its a travesty that such frivolous, unserious and disloyal young citizens are wielding the power of digital headlines that drives the perceptions of millions in seconds.

They obviously have no deep connection to honesty, respect and especially truth--since important stuff like who you hang with, who you name-drop, what edgy bylines you can publish, what microbreweries you dig and fashion are so much more compelling.

quote:

To: Taffylucy
It is the majority of reporter, young, old and in between that are leftists and fail to be professional journalists with any objectivity. Don’t knock millennial or gen-y’s for that matter. A growing number of them are conservatives - in greater percentages that some other generations.

7 posted on 11/19/2020, 6:16:14 PM by ConservativeInPA (Hard labor and reeducation camps for all Democrats. )

quote:

As a millennial, I agree. My generation is arrogant, destructive, obsessed with celebrity, and borderline communist. If most of us were nuked out of existence, little would be lost. Some people here act like millennials are still teenagers and young adults who will eventually grow out of their Marxism, but we are not that young anymore and nothing is improving.

10 posted on 11/19/2020, 6:21:15 PM by Stravinsky (Politeness will not defeat the Marxist revolutionaries)
Or maybe because positive things aren't happening under ultra capitalism it's making Millennials more "communist" 🤯

A reasonable take?

quote:

You think the Millenials screwed this country?

Which Millenials have been in any position of power? They are just now becoming Congressmen and Mayors.

The country has been run by Boomers starting with Bill Clinton. All those kids who thought Johnson and Nixon were bad? They have been in charge for almost 30 years.

The Millenials haven’t barely started yet. I have no doubt they will screw it up, but they are not at fault. At least not yet.

11 posted on 11/19/2020, 6:21:39 PM by Vermont Lt (We have entered "Insanity Week." Act accordingly.)

quote:

Nope, the boomers created this entire mess. The gen xers through millennial are the victims.

22 posted on 11/19/2020, 6:33:15 PM by Intar

quote:

To: Intar
Nope, the boomers created this entire mess
Ah, mostly no.

The gen xers and millennials own Media - they are not reporting things like ‘Biden Laptop’ etc. The millennials believe what they hear, and they don’t listen to Terrestrial Radio. Boomers push truth but millennials And Gen xers hide the truth.

26 posted on 11/19/2020, 6:45:48 PM by 11th_VA (If the votes unfit, you must remit)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Mariner
They are no different than the old commies we grew up with.

Wise words.

I remember my first day on the college campus many decades ago when the creepy looking (Charlie Manson eyes) guy across the hall introduced himself:

My name is _____ and I am a Marxist.

I kid you not.
19 posted on 11/19/2020, 6:32:48 PM by cgbg ( Remember 1876--we _can_ do this!--Biden--Office of the Prisoner-Elect)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

No need to be sorry. It is a vacuous generation. Many graduate college and have the same vocabulary skills as a sixth grader. When people have jobs and many well-paid, but some bitched about “equal pay” compare that to someone in a foxhole in the Korean War. Abortions are an after thought. Worshiping football players, hoop stars and rappers rather than the Lord. No attending events for religion, family or country. Easily manipulated and brainwashed by peer pressure, technology, the media, colleges.

12 posted on 11/19/2020, 6:24:09 PM by ConservativeStatement
freepers: Easily manipulated and brainwashed