Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

god I fuckin love that film

no joke we borrowed a baby formula machine and one of its features is "hot shot dispenser" and every time I use it I go "yeah I heard ya, hot shot"

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

no joke we borrowed a baby formula machine and one of its features is "hot shot dispenser" and every time I use it I go "yeah I heard ya, hot shot"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Crazy Achmed posted:

also i played a show last weekend and i think it’s relevant to this thread a bit

ha, noice

this came up in my instagram memories last week, v. prescient

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

though I just noticed he looks like cyber boomhauer

How is that a negative

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

dredd is great and the over-processed look that resulted from filming it in 3D holds up somehow and the 4k hdr verson looks really good

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

qirex posted:

dredd is great and the over-processed look that resulted from filming it in 3D holds up somehow and the 4k hdr verson looks really good

is it another of those films that looks really good in the chrome/shiny greyscale aesthetic like fury road?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

I rewatched gits recently and the streetscape scene where it's just music and showing the city for like 3 minutes is the part that stood out way over cyborg combat and invisibility and spider tank

I rewound it like 3 times and put my stereo up to neighbor-annoying levels

good news i have a Premiere project in progress that is literally nothing but no-dialogue, no-character vibe scenes from gits, evangelion, paranoia agent, lain, etc. i'll share it when it's presentable

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
also the helicopter flight later on

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

psiox posted:

is it another of those films that looks really good in the chrome/shiny greyscale aesthetic like fury road?

I don't think it would really work in black and white, it's so grimy 90% of the time

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

it's so grimy 90% of the time
:same:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jonny 290 posted:

good news i have a Premiere project in progress that is literally nothing but no-dialogue, no-character vibe scenes from gits, evangelion, paranoia agent, lain, etc. i'll share it when it's presentable

anime290

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

I rewatched gits recently and the streetscape scene where it's just music and showing the city for like 3 minutes is the part that stood out way over cyborg combat and invisibility and spider tank

I rewound it like 3 times and put my stereo up to neighbor-annoying levels
just get the soundtrack, problem solved!

hell, I had some bootleg copy i loaned to one of the guys in my animation class who was doing a GITS like scene for his demo reel. never got it back lol but i ended up buying a real copy later

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

just get the soundtrack, problem solved!

I paid 28 dollars for a cd of it when I was in tokyo

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Jonny 290 posted:

yes please

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

what’s that from?

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james

Midjack posted:

what’s that from?

Men in black 3

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/scmpnews/status/1327234508324790272

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

God dang it man I lost it like tears in the dang ol rain

:sbahj:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

cyberhauer: morphology, longevity, incept dates?

cyberhank: dont know, dont know such stuff! i just do eyes, and eye accessories

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

jin-roh: the wolf blockade

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Carthag Tuek posted:

cyberhauer: morphology, longevity, incept dates?

cyberhank: dont know, dont know such stuff! i just do eyes, and eye accessories

Interrogator: "Officer K-0 T-H, let's begin. Ready?"

HH: "Yes, sir."

Interrogator: "Recite your baseline."

HH: "And blood-black nothingness began to spin... A system of grills interlinked within grills interlinked within grills interlinked within one flame... And dreadfully distinct against the dark, a tall white fountain played I tell you what. "

Interrogator: "Grills ."

HH: "Grills."

Interrogator: "Have you ever been in an hardware store ? Grills."

HH: "Grills ."

Interrogator: "Do they keep you in a garage? Grills."

Interrogator: "When you're not mowing your lawn do they keep you in a little box? Grills."

Interrogator: "Propane."

HH: "And propane accessories."

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
lmao

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

HH: "And blood-black nothingness began to spin... A system of grills interlinked within grills interlinked within grills interlinked within one flame... And dreadfully distinct against the dark, a tall white fountain played I tell you what. "

Interrogator: "When you're not mowing your lawn do they keep you in a little box? Grills."

haha gently caress

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

A good friend just posted they are doing the music for this new Indie synthwave driving game, figure the vibe might appeal to a few faces ITT

https://store.steampowered.com/app/509950/Transmission/

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

NoneMoreNegative posted:

A good friend just posted they are doing the music for this new Indie synthwave driving game, figure the vibe might appeal to a few faces ITT

i really liked just driving around in gta vice city with crockett's theme on the radio

might get this game

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

2020: video games where you can pretend to be an uber driver while listening to com truise

no vr support though

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

infernal machines posted:

2020: video games where you can pretend to be an uber driver while listening to com truise

no vr support though

i mean isnt the quarantine game from 1994 basically uber 2020

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it was really ahead of its time

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

the passage of time can be measured by how closely present cicumstances approach a given 1980s cyberpunk novel

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Carthag Tuek posted:

i really liked just driving around in gta vice city with crockett's theme on the radio

might get this game
the conceit that the setting is literally the 1980s which means no gps and you have to navigate by reading an actual map is p lol

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Carthag Tuek posted:

might get this game

a really excellent youtube of a guy doing crockett’s theme live:

https://youtu.be/TRCQmNMOqUY

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

FMguru posted:

the conceit that the setting is literally the 1980s which means no gps and you have to navigate by reading an actual map is p lol

that rules so hard. games that spend millions of hours on awesome environments and then give you a hud to look at instead work so hard against their own strengths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

the best part of fallout4 was turning on survival and trying to get through the first three or four miles of land. a single stray bullet would kill you and lose like 20 minutes of progress, so you had to actually look at every tree for cover and sneak around every bluff. More personality sneaking through the woods for 2 hours in that game than the 100 hours you spend with rocket boots power armor obliviously following markers in run down boston.