Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

everybody has checked out of all japan i think

dragongate is one word now and they have a streaming service and feel like they are heating up

njpw is not really aew japan, aew doesnt do very many interference finishes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So to start with, I'll list a bunch of the streaming services

NJPW World - Does what it says on the tin. It's New Japan & occasionally matches from NJPW affiliated companies featuring NJPW guys
Dragon Gate Network - This is a loving weird service. It's 500 Yen a month more expensive than New Japan, & shows are up live for a week, then get take down until they air on GAORA, which can be a month or so. They are finally getting better with their archive, they are uploading Toryumon shows every month & have a lot of the bigger shows in DG history. Plus for modern big shows they even do English commentary now, & the promotion is really great. But the price & the way stuff comes off for a while is super weird so it's hard to recommend unless you know you want to watch DG. Which sucks because more people would love this promotion if they'd watch it.
Wrestle Universe - Top value. You get DDT, you get Tokyo Joshi Pro, you get some NOAH (some NOAH ends up on Abema TV which is free to watch & then gets uploaded to Universe after a week anyway), & you get the weird DDT offshoots like Ganbare & the Rojo street wrestling stuff. Honestly a service everyone with an interest in Japanese wrestling should watch as it has a bit of everything. NOAH is the best booked promotion of 2020 & honestly my favourite by some distance, DDT's weekly TV was the highlight of the era where there were no crowds & a lot of promotions were just on hiatus. TJPW is TJPW.
AJPW TV - They show a lot of shows live, when they don't it usually gets uploaded as a VOD afterwards. They have also started uploading 1 "classic" match but as far I know that means from 2000 or afterwards as NTV still have the rights to classic stuff. But hey, that stuff is pretty easy to find online where as Gold Dustin & Hakushi vs TAJIRI & Muta? Not so easy. Until now.
Stardom World - It's fine. I just wish they'd do live streams instead of just VOD but I guess we're spoiled these days.
NicoNico - It's 550 Yen a month & they show a lot of indies & produce shows. Like TAKA Michinoku's promotion Just Tap Out, Hard Hit, FREEDOMS, SEaDLINNNG, Ice Ribbon. Usually the shows are 1 camera setups with commentary from one or two of the performers on the show. Ice Ribbon also have their own channel which streams much more stuff

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thank you very much!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I will also add that I have no idea what the gently caress the deal is with BJW Core. It seems an annoying service.

I will also add that if there's a match/show on a service you can't afford it's always worth checking BiliBili

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Also and I know this is probably just tossing nuclear heat out there...is NJPW still just AEW Japan? I mean

Also how is AJPW?

And to answer this part of your post, New Japan is in a weird spot right now. I don't think it's ever been AEW Japan (because I dunno, I have no interest in watching AEW but I still do for NJPW, just about) but let's say that Gedo has not had a great 2020. During the New Japan Cup EVIL turned & joined Bullet Club & now all his matches are unwatchable garbage overflowing with ref bumps & outside interference & the usual BC bullshit turned up to 11. It's obnoxious & I just turned off before the main event at Power Struggle: Naito vs EVIL for the IWGP HW & IC titles, because you know how it'll go & it's not good heat, it's "I don't want to watch this garbage" heat. There's still stuff to like but the booking is just not it. Gedo has maybe burned out?

All Japan, hmmm. I dunno. They have a similar problem: the booking is not good. Which is a shame because Shuji Ishikawa is the booker & you naturally want to like him but he took the Champion Carnival & made it unwatchable. There was almost nothing worth watching until the final (which at least was an extremely good Miyahara vs Zeus match which is probably in my top 10 of the year) . For me the first half of the year was good, even during COVID they did a weekly TV show which I enjoyed & was built about the invading Enfants Terribles coming in from the defunct Wrestle-1. And then after that they've just really ramped down ET & made them look irrelevant. Yuma Aoyagi had this weird bit where he turned on Kento early in the year, got a title match, lost, then did nothing & during the CC he helped defend Miyahara after an attack & it all just made no sense. The contrast between before the 8th episode of that TV show which featured Suwama defending against Shotaro Ashino & after it has been noticeable.

Right now I think I'd say that my interest in the "major" promotions is NOAH > Dragon Gate > NJPW = DDT > All Japan. When AJPW is good it is still good (see Zeus vs Kento as mentioned) but the booking makes it hard to get excited.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 20, 2020

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Thanks for the writeup on the streaming services! Might check out nicopro as I want to watch some Hard Hit.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

duckdealer posted:

Thanks for the writeup on the streaming services! Might check out nicopro as I want to watch some Hard Hit.

Joshi City did a real good guide on how to sign up if you have any problems: https://joshicity.com/nicopro-wrestling-streaming-channel-details-sign-up-guide/

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Joshi City did a real good guide on how to sign up if you have any problems: https://joshicity.com/nicopro-wrestling-streaming-channel-details-sign-up-guide/

Appreciate it!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Dragon Gate Network - This is a loving weird service. It's 500 Yen a month more expensive than New Japan, & shows are up live for a week, then get take down until they air on GAORA, which can be a month or so. They are finally getting better with their archive, they are uploading Toryumon shows every month & have a lot of the bigger shows in DG history. Plus for modern big shows they even do English commentary now, & the promotion is really great. But the price & the way stuff comes off for a while is super weird so it's hard to recommend unless you know you want to watch DG. Which sucks because more people would love this promotion if they'd watch it.

Weird quirk with the DG Network, the English broadcasts don't get taken down like the Japanese ones.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

duckdealer posted:

Speaking of Hard Hit, they're doing Hikaru Sato vs Minoru Suzuki in their 12.27 show.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Just picked up the 2020 Grand Prix edition of ShuPro and I'll list the candidates for anyone who's interesting in seeing them/trying to sway my vote

PRO WRESTLING GRAND PRIX
Kota Ibushi (NJPW)
Tetsuya Naito (NJPW)
Go Shiozaki (NOAH)
EVIL (NJPW)
Suwama (AJPW)
Katsuhiko Nakajima (NOAH)
Eita (Dragon Gate)
Tetsuya Endo (DDT)
Daichi Hashimoto (BJW)
Toru Sugiura (FREEDOMS)

JOSHI GRAND PRIX
Yoshiko (SEAdLINNNG)
Giulia (Stardom)
Suzu Suzuki (Ice Ribbon)
Mayu Iwatani (Stardom)
Utami Hayashishita (Stardom)
Nagisa Nozaki (wave)
Sareee (WWE Countdown)
Yuka Sakazaki (TJPW)
ASUKA (WWE Raw)
Io Shirai (WWE NXT)

MATCH OF THE YEAR
Go Shiozaki vs Kazuyuki Fujita (NOAH 3.29)
Tetsuya Naito vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW 9.20)
Go Shiozaki vs. Kenoh (NOAH 8.10)
Suwama vs. Shuji Ishikawa (AJPW 7.25)
Kazuchika Okada vs. Kota Ibushi (NJPW 1.4)
Suwama, Kento Miyahara & Zeus vs. Shuji Ishikawa, Jake Lee & Yuma Aoyagi (AJPW 4.6)
Eita vs. Naruki Doi (Dragon Gate 8.2)
Daichi Hashimoto vs. Yuji Okabayashi (BJW 10.21)
Jun Akiyama vs. Konosuke Takeshita (DDT 11.3)
Jun Kasai & Masashi Takeda vs. Minoru Fujita & Rina Yamashita (FREEDOMS 10.4)
Mayu Iwatani vs. Takumi Iroha (Stardom 10.18)
Maya Yukihi vs. Suzu Suzuki (Ice Ribbon 8.9)

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR
Takuya Nomura & Fuminori Abe (BJW/BASARA)
Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr. (NJPW)
Yoshiko & Sareee (SEAdLINNNG/WWE)
Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi (NJPW)
Chihiro Hashimoto & Yuu (Sendai Girls/EVE)
Suwama & Shuji Ishikawa (AJPW)

BEST FOREIGN WRESTLER
El Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr. (NOAH)
Jay White (NJPW)
Chris Brookes (DDT)
Will Ospreay (NJPW)
Hartley Jackson (ZERO1)
Zack Sabre Jr. (NJPW)

There's also a best newcomer but it's literally everyone who debuted this year so I won't list them.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

You know it has been a bad year for foreigners in Japan when El Hijo de Dr. Wagner Jr. is nominated

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

So to start with, I'll list a bunch of the streaming services

NJPW World - Does what it says on the tin. It's New Japan & occasionally matches from NJPW affiliated companies featuring NJPW guys
Wrestle Universe - Top value. You get DDT, you get Tokyo Joshi Pro, you get some NOAH (some NOAH ends up on Abema TV which is free to watch & then gets uploaded to Universe after a week anyway), & you get the weird DDT offshoots like Ganbare & the Rojo street wrestling stuff. Honestly a service everyone with an interest in Japanese wrestling should watch as it has a bit of everything. NOAH is the best booked promotion of 2020 & honestly my favourite by some distance, DDT's weekly TV was the highlight of the era where there were no crowds & a lot of promotions were just on hiatus. TJPW is TJPW.
AJPW TV - They show a lot of shows live, when they don't it usually gets uploaded as a VOD afterwards. They have also started uploading 1 "classic" match but as far I know that means from 2000 or afterwards as NTV still have the rights to classic stuff. But hey, that stuff is pretty easy to find online where as Gold Dustin & Hakushi vs TAJIRI & Muta? Not so easy. Until now.
Stardom World - It's fine. I just wish they'd do live streams instead of just VOD but I guess we're spoiled these days.
NicoNico - It's 550 Yen a month & they show a lot of indies & produce shows. Like TAKA Michinoku's promotion Just Tap Out, Hard Hit, FREEDOMS, SEaDLINNNG, Ice Ribbon. Usually the shows are 1 camera setups with commentary from one or two of the performers on the show. Ice Ribbon also have their own channel which streams much more stuff

This is really useful information, thanks.

Question for those with experience using these streaming services: how easy is it to stream them to a TV? Getting NJPWWorld working with my TV has been an absolute ordeal (had to drag out an old Fire streaming stick because streaming from my phone to the tv just never worked). Do any of the others either have a Roku app or easy streaming?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Can only attest to Chromecast & say that it works very well. But then that's generally the case with anything, even if the service doesn't have a specific button you can just go to the menu in Chrome & choose cast the Tab, put the tab fullscreen & hey presto

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dragon Gate have announced 2 title matches for Final Gate on December 20th. Okuda defends the Brave Gate against Kagetora & Skywalker defends the Dream Gate against Ben-K in what should be a banger.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Just picked up the 2020 Grand Prix edition of ShuPro and I'll list the candidates for anyone who's interesting in seeing them/trying to sway my vote

This post really made me question whether I had a fundamental misunderstanding of what Joshi was. I always thought about it as specifically the women's wrestling that took place in Japanese promotions, rather than by Japanese wrestlers worldwide. I don't consider Asuka (Kana) or Io to be Joshi wrestlers anymore since they started working for Vince whereas I do consider Bea Priestly one when she works for Stardom. Also does ShuPro allow writeins? I feel like Arisa Nakajima is missing from both the Joshi and Tag sections, and much as I love Tekkers I would have liked to see Eruption in the running, they're pretty tops.

Anyways my picks would be

PRO WRESTLING GRAND PRIX
Go Shiozaki - I think he's the best wrestler in the world right now, had two wildly different MOTYC with Kaz and Kenoh and will probably have another tomorrow with Katsu. Man's a machine held together with tape and chops.

JOSHI GRAND PRIX
I don't watch enough Joshi to have a super informed opinion, only the odd TJPW or SEAdLINNNG show if they get posted. Yoshiko has been great this year, but the people that have regularly stood out to me have been Arisa Nakajima and Asuka (Veny), although if Yuka Sakazaki's match at Wrestle Princess is comparable to the rest of her 2020, then it's hers.

MATCH OF THE YEAR
Go Shiozaki vs Kenoh (NOAH 8.10) - My personal match of the year was two matches (Eruption vs Disaster Box/Nautilus), but this is a close second. I've rewatched it multiple times and showed people that don't watch Noah, and I still get caught up on false finishes even knowing how it ends. Phenominal stuff, especially how it had fed into the Go/Kenoh/Katsu stuff in the back half of the year.

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR
Dangerous Tekkers - Taichi is my favourite wrestler in the world today, and his friendship with Zack is pure and worth aspiring to. Just a wonderful team of great wrestlers

BEST FOREIGN WRESTLER
Jay White - He gets pro wrestling as well as anyone i've ever seen. His banter with the crowds during the covid period is consistenly entertaining, even though it's clear they have no idea what he's saying most of the time.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The postcard with the magazine doesn't have a checkbox system, you only write the names so it could be suggestions as opposed to choices but I stuck with names from the magazine anyway.

https://twitter.com/puffinbrain/status/1330068544776757249?s=19

(the last category where I voted for three people is the "favourite wrestler" category where you can choose whoever you want)

Definitely agree Best Friends (Arisa & Tsukka) are missing from tha tag section, especially given Yoshiko and Sareee have had two tag team matches and will probably end up having only three this year.

Also with the joshi question think of it like "anime". While in English, anime specifically refers to Japanese cartoons, in Japanese Bojack Horseman is anime. Same with joshi, it's used to refer to Japanese women's pro wrestling, in Japanese it could mean Sasha Banks vs Bailey. The only wrestlers in WWE/AEW who show up in these things are Japanese or made their name in Japan anyway. You'll see Shinsuke or Io or Kenny or AJ but you won't see like Roman Reigns or Becky Lynch.

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Nov 21, 2020

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

PRO WRESTLING GRAND PRIX
Tetsuya Naito (NJPW)

JOSHI GRAND PRIX
Yoshiko (SEAdLINNNG)
(boo to them having the wrong asuka nominated as she's had a great year)

MATCH OF THE YEAR
my top two matches of the year are the 1.5 dome main event and the first iroha/mayu match, neither of which made the list. fave that actually did was tana/naito.

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR
Taichi & Zack Sabre Jr. (NJPW)

BEST FOREIGN WRESTLER
Zack Sabre Jr. (NJPW) - switchblade's great now but he missed so much time in comparison to zsj who stayed in japan

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

This post really made me question whether I had a fundamental misunderstanding of what Joshi was. I always thought about it as specifically the women's wrestling that took place in Japanese promotions, rather than by Japanese wrestlers worldwide. I don't consider Asuka (Kana) or Io to be Joshi wrestlers anymore since they started working for Vince whereas I do consider Bea Priestly one when she works for Stardom. Also does ShuPro allow writeins? I feel like Arisa Nakajima is missing from both the Joshi and Tag sections, and much as I love Tekkers I would have liked to see Eruption in the running, they're pretty tops.

Anyways my picks would be

PRO WRESTLING GRAND PRIX
Go Shiozaki - I think he's the best wrestler in the world right now, had two wildly different MOTYC with Kaz and Kenoh and will probably have another tomorrow with Katsu. Man's a machine held together with tape and chops.

JOSHI GRAND PRIX
I don't watch enough Joshi to have a super informed opinion, only the odd TJPW or SEAdLINNNG show if they get posted. Yoshiko has been great this year, but the people that have regularly stood out to me have been Arisa Nakajima and Asuka (Veny), although if Yuka Sakazaki's match at Wrestle Princess is comparable to the rest of her 2020, then it's hers.

MATCH OF THE YEAR
Go Shiozaki vs Kenoh (NOAH 8.10) - My personal match of the year was two matches (Eruption vs Disaster Box/Nautilus), but this is a close second. I've rewatched it multiple times and showed people that don't watch Noah, and I still get caught up on false finishes even knowing how it ends. Phenominal stuff, especially how it had fed into the Go/Kenoh/Katsu stuff in the back half of the year.

TAG TEAM OF THE YEAR
Dangerous Tekkers - Taichi is my favourite wrestler in the world today, and his friendship with Zack is pure and worth aspiring to. Just a wonderful team of great wrestlers

BEST FOREIGN WRESTLER
Jay White - He gets pro wrestling as well as anyone i've ever seen. His banter with the crowds during the covid period is consistenly entertaining, even though it's clear they have no idea what he's saying most of the time.

I agree with all of this except foreigner, where I'd go for ZSJ because just he's been around more. And I'd deffo go for Yoshiko but then I seem to never watch Stardom or TJPW & mostly check out SEAdLINNNG & Ice Ribbon title matches so she has an advantage there. And agree that Eruption should be best Tag Team.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Also with the joshi question think of it like "anime". While in English, anime specifically refers to Japanese cartoons, in Japanese Bojack Horseman is anime. Same with joshi, it's used to refer to Japanese women's pro wrestling, in Japanese it could mean Sasha Banks vs Bailey. The only wrestlers in WWE/AEW who show up in these things are Japanese or made their name in Japan anyway. You'll see Shinsuke or Io or Kenny or AJ but you won't see like Roman Reigns or Becky Lynch.

That helps, cheers. Also boo to you for making me google every single person in the list to find who you were nominating for WOTY. Outside of the English the only names I recognised were Taichi and Switchblade.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

to me best newcomer deserves to be kento kobune/SBKENTo whose first non exhibition match came in december 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thauros posted:

to me best newcomer deserves to be kento kobune/SBKENTo whose first non exhibition match came in december 2019

Yes. Deffo.

Anyway, here is Go Shiozaki talking to you & me

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1330032616892985348?s=20

(I just posted it because I liked hearing Go speaking English, do not buy this PPV when it's on Abema TV for free. Or I mean do, I don't mind but just remember it's free)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

drat, i'm having a friend over to watch Friday's and tomorrow's New Japan shows, so I won't be able to watch that until tomorrow night :(

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thauros posted:

Apparently not eligible. I did the whole best newcomer category because I had time and it's good practice for me

BEST NEWCOMER
Sena Shiori - TJPW 1.4
Taira Ogasawara - MichiPro 1.11
Mai Sakurai - AWG 2.11
Hideki Okatani - DDT 3.20
Chicharito Shoki - 2AW 3.25
Natsuho Kaneko - Sendai Girls 3.28
Nao Ishikawa - Ice Ribbon 5.4
Madoka Kikuta - DRAGONGATE 6.6
Sora Fujikawa - DRAGONGATE 6.6
Satsuki Nagao - ZERO1 6.6
HELLBROS Ryu - 666 6.27
HELLBROS Ken - 666 6.27
Ryuuya Matsufusa - Dotonbori Pro 7.5
Rico Kaiju - SEAdLINNNG 7.13
Moka Miyamoto - TJPW 7.23
Yuuki Mashiro - Ice Ribbon 8.9
Chie Ozora - PURE-J 8.10
Ami Miura - AWG 8.14
Ren Ayabe - JTO 9.2
Waka Tsukiyama - AWG 9.6
Yasutaka Yano - NOAH 10.28
Misa Kagura - JTO 11.11
Sumika Yanagawa - JTO 11.11
YuuRI - JTO 11.11
Lady C - Stardom 11.14

Though I've got to say this strict by calendar year thing sucks for someone like YuuRI who looked incredible in her debut but I'm not gonna vote for her based off one match and I guess anyone who debuts in December.

I guess they're also missing the actresses Act Yasukawa debuted in ACTRING but they're technically saying those were "acting performances with elements of pro wrestling" (they were pro wrestling matches)

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 21, 2020

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

guess i should watch that FREEDOMS match.....

the noah show headlined by go vs nakajima is on abema as well, right? not a huge noah watcher but i'd prioritize that over the world tag league even tho this year's has actually been good.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

(the last category where I voted for three people is the "favourite wrestler" category where you can choose whoever you want) ch.

who's no. 3? i can read taichi and yama??? rina and obv can obv guess how the other kanji must be read in this context

Thauros fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 21, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Asuka

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Thauros posted:

guess i should watch that FREEDOMS match.....

the noah show headlined by go vs nakajima is on abema as well, right? not a huge noah watcher but i'd prioritize that over the world tag league even tho this year's has actually been good.
Yes, it's free on Abema.tv

I'm going to post a game day thread for it before I go to bed so it is nice and ready for me to wake up, roll out of bed and in front of the telly

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Spoiler for 2AW if you care about that sort of thing

Yoshida defended his belt today & his next challenger will be Shigehiro Irie!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jun Kasai has declared war on the Kingdom of Yoshitatsu

https://twitter.com/PKDX/status/1330783145151619073?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jun Kasai, the ultimate babyface

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I just loaded up the Big Japan show from this morning mainly to see the Strong title match and the file is 4 hours long and I've decided to just hit play from the start.

So currently I'm watching Kohei Sato, Quiet Storm, Ryota Hama and 3 dudes I have never seen before in a meaningless match. Send help

Sato has cut himself from headbutts within seconds of the start

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I still can't get over the fact that Quiet Storm has made a career for himself in Japan.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

forkboy84 posted:

Yes. Deffo.

Anyway, here is Go Shiozaki talking to you & me

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1330032616892985348?s=20

(I just posted it because I liked hearing Go speaking English, do not buy this PPV when it's on Abema TV for free. Or I mean do, I don't mind but just remember it's free)

Sort of wish I saw this tweet twenty dollars ago. But actually I do prefer English commentary. Are events with English commentary going to be a thing for NOAH now? I'd buy a few events per year to follow this federation.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

Sort of wish I saw this tweet twenty dollars ago. But actually I do prefer English commentary. Are events with English commentary going to be a thing for NOAH now? I'd buy a few events per year to follow this federation.

Probably 4 or 5 times a year at most. They broadcast one show from the N-1 & obviously they didn't this latest show. If I was a gambling man I'd say they might do the January 4th show because that was a really big deal last year (Go Shiozaki vs Kaito Kiyomiya headlined)

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Their English commentator tweeted about the Yoyogi show next week and he's in Japan so it'll probably be on Fite too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

One of the guys I recognised from doing Pancrase on UFC Fight Pass so I think he just lives in Japan? I could be wrong though, it's been years since I was watching regional MMA

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I think they do the Quintet coverage so they're in Japan

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

6:30pm JST/8:30pm AEDT/9:30am GMT/4:30am EST/1:30am PST

Pro Wrstling NOAH Premium Prelude
Tsukuba Capio, Tsukuba
Card TBA
Uploaded to Wrestle Universe on 30/11

7pm JST/9pm AEDT/10am GMT/5am EST/2am PST

SEAdLINNNG ~ SHINKIBA NIGHT!~
Shinkiba 1st RING, Tokyo
Card TBA
No idea if it's broadcast anywhere

NOAH card for tomorrow

Junta Miyawaki vs Yasutaka Yano
Kongo (Manabu Soya, Masa Kitamiya & Nioh) vs Shuhei Taniguchi, Muhammad Yone & Kinya Okada
Go Shiozaki & Hajime Ohara vs Sugiuragun (Takashi Sugiura & NOSAWA Rongai)
Naomichi Marufuji vs Seiki Yoshioka
Kaito Kiyomiya, Daisuke Harada, Atsushi Kotoge & Yoshiki Inamura vs Kongo (Kenoh, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Haoh & Tadasuke)

And SEAdLINNNG

Ayame Sasamura vs Honori Hana
Rico Kaiju & Chikayo Nagashima vs Tsukushi Haruka & Kaho Kobayashi
Itsuki Aoki & Ryo Mizunami vs Asuka & Makoto
SEAdLINNNG Beyond The Sea Tag Team Titles: Arisa Nakajima & Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Sareee & Yoshiko

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1332125236829986816?s=19

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I've been on a Daisuke Sekimoto kick the last couple of days, so thought I'd share some of the matches i've been watching with you. After all, everyone loves the Muscle Monster.

vs Shinjiro Otani BJW 02.12.2001 - Young Daisuke takes on invading veteran Otani to defend his home promotion. Also pretty sure it's a young Nikkan Lee as ref, which I think is cool.
vs Tomohiro Ishii BJW 22.02.2005 - A pre-GBH Ishii vs a Sekimoto who has packed on the muscle in the last four years. If you imagine what a match between them today would be like, it's that but they're 15 years younger.
vs Toshiaki Kawada Zero1 01.01.2010 - Kawada is so loving cool, even 6 months on from Misawa's death and less than a year left before his own retirement. Sweet kicks and elbows, with Sekimoto giving just as good as he gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SG Bamboo posted:

I've been on a Daisuke Sekimoto kick the last couple of days, so thought I'd share some of the matches i've been watching with you. After all, everyone loves the Muscle Monster.

vs Shinjiro Otani BJW 02.12.2001 - Young Daisuke takes on invading veteran Otani to defend his home promotion. Also pretty sure it's a young Nikkan Lee as ref, which I think is cool.
vs Tomohiro Ishii BJW 22.02.2005 - A pre-GBH Ishii vs a Sekimoto who has packed on the muscle in the last four years. If you imagine what a match between them today would be like, it's that but they're 15 years younger.
vs Toshiaki Kawada Zero1 01.01.2010 - Kawada is so loving cool, even 6 months on from Misawa's death and less than a year left before his own retirement. Sweet kicks and elbows, with Sekimoto giving just as good as he gets.
If you haven't seen his title reign in DDT Pro yet, HIGHLY recommend. It's only a couple matches but every single one is an absolute banger.

The title reign starts Feb 28th 2010, and the matches are
vs Shuji Ishikawa (UNION Pro Feb 28th)
vs Sanshiro Takagi (DDT Judgement 2010)
vs Masa Takanashi (DDT TV April 4th 2010)
vs Kota Ibushi (DDT Max Bump 2010)
vs Shuji Ishikawa (DDT What Are You Doing? 2010)
vs HARASHIMA (DDT Ryogoku Peter Pan 2010)

The story of an outsider winning the title at a neutral show, then Takagi scrambling to have DDT guys take the title off him is great, and some people have their own reasons for wanting to succeed (Takanashi believes that he's been lazy his whole career and this is his chance to prove he's changed. Ibushi wants to be seen as the company Ace and best wrestler in the world, Shuji feels responsibility for losing the title in the first place and tries to redeem himself. There's also a sub-story about comedy wrestler Ken Ohka trying to take the title but just getting obliterated in non-matches by Sekimoto over and over)