Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Razor is best boy with the stamina reduction for sprinting

That and being able to blow up multiple crystal mining nodes with his hold skill makes him top tier for overworld

Plus he doesn't talk much

plus electric plus claymore user. Why can't I get him :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

I don't have Mona and both Childe and Xingqiu are currently level 1.

Maybe just feed it to another artifact?

i mean it has a pretty great set/stat combo for two characters you own and may raise in the future, i wouldn't ditch it until you come into a better option

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Some Numbers posted:

No, bank that thing, you don't run into artifacts from both the best set and with the correct elemental boost for characters you have that often. Even at 4* that thing is really good.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I hope the thunder nation is on the other side of the dragonspine. That hole in the map ticks me off.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

:eyepop: I was already planning on rolling for him, but now I'm extra hyped for those cool attack animations. Just gotta hope my pity doesn't hit off-banner; I've barely got enough gems to hit it in the first place.

(I went to look at my pull history and yup, I did waste a lot of gems on permanent banner for some reason. I've got ~50 points towards pity on it right now.)

Some Numbers posted:

You might as well level it and see how the substats shake out. More HP, Xingqiu; more crit damage, Childe; if you hit mostly flat defense, stop leveling it and slap it on one of them while you look for a replacement to feed it to.

Edit:

UltraRed posted:

I hope the thunder nation is on the other side of the dragonspine. That hole in the map ticks me off.

You can see a bunch of large islands off in the distance from where Beidou's ship is docked in Guyun Stone Forest. They just came back from a trip to Inazuma, ergo those islands are probably Inazuma.

Bloody Emissary fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 20, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Some Numbers posted:

No, keep it. You dont get much XP from destroying 5*s so you want to keep anything that looks usable in the future because it will be extremely hard to find a 5* hydro goblet when you need one. Just keep it equipped on one of them.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Bloody Emissary posted:

:eyepop: I was already planning on rolling for him, but now I'm extra hyped for those cool attack animations.

The really cool thing about it is that it's not just for show; you can dash-cancel out of it right after he sends the spear spinning with a kick, and the spear will finish its spinny attacks while Zhongli can do something else. It's a legit useful technique.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Speaking of attack animations, I've never taken a close look at Fischl's normal attack string, and it's hilarious. She waves her arms around dramatically and is extremely anime.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Tamba posted:

Genshin are the people that are called "Allogenes" in the english translation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR-qsEAhVD4&t=6274s

if ever there was a case for not localizing a word, that was probably it

UltraRed posted:

Why's everyone so hot to Zhongli? He's a spear user and geo element? One of the most boring combinations

zaddy

e: also Geo owns

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 20, 2020

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Ashenai posted:

Speaking of attack animations, I've never taken a close look at Fischl's normal attack string, and it's hilarious. She waves her arms around dramatically and is extremely anime.

If you stand still after the last shot she does a haughty anime laugh because of course. It's great.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

If you stand still after the last shot she does a haughty anime laugh because of course. It's great.

That's how you know when to dash cancel

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Pretty much yeah, I had JP voices on for that scene and when I realized what they had done I was like "What the hell? Who localizes out a loving title drop for an incredibly obscure english word!?" I mean, everyone is going to assume it's game jargon anyway, there's no point in localizing it. In fact by doing so they have actually made the connection between the title and the story much harder to understand and have actually communicated less information to the user by translating it, it's incredible.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

No Wave posted:

No, keep it. You dont get much XP from destroying 5*s so you want to keep anything that looks usable in the future because it will be extremely hard to find a 5* hydro goblet when you need one. Just keep it equipped on one of them.

I was just going through my artifacts and found this one.

:shrug:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Gladiator isn't very good for Childe or Xingqiu, so I'd keep the other one over that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

this is fine in a vacuum, but the set bonus is worse. doesn't matter as much for Childe since long-term he will probably run 4pc hydro (currently he just mixes different 2pc sets) and this could be the 5th slot, but Xingqiu wants 4pc Noblesse and your other goblet would make that easier to lock down while still being good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Childe is really bad because it's just a title, same as targalis or whatever. His real name is in his bond lines.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Pretty much yeah, I had JP voices on for that scene and when I realized what they had done I was like "What the hell? Who localizes out a loving title drop for an incredibly obscure english word!?"

Overall, the English localization comes off pretty bad. They use the weirdest word choices; the English localization team, if a team at all, does not seem well-verse in English idioms, diction, and connotation.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Got C6 on Ningguang today, Jade Screen -> Ult -> Jade Screen -> charged attack /w 7x Star Jades is some insane burst damage. :haw:

Childe, but also amazing on Mona if you ever get her.

So my Ningguang is C1 and I’m thinking about trying for C2 on her since her C2 seems legit.

How bad of an idea is that?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

She's on rate up so now is the best time to aim for a constellation if you want it. The banner can and probably will troll you though, if evidenced by my Venti banner experience of C6 Xiangling, C6 Barbara, and C0 Fischl. :shepface:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UltraRed posted:

It's not, from the leaked map it ends up in the sea. But at least there will be no hole.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you have enough glitter for a character and don't foresee wanting anything else in the shop then you can always just wait for a month where they're on offer.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Flair posted:

Overall, the English localization comes off pretty bad. They use the weirdest word choices; the English localization team, if a team at all, does not seem well-verse in English idioms, diction, and connotation.

yeah, i thought things were janky at first, and then the major mistranslation of childe's lines really just put it into wtf are they doing territory.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Two artifact sets were straight up the opposite of what their effect was for all of 1.0.

Whatever localization company they got, it was not one of the higher-up ones like 8-4 (Who among did Nier, Revengence, Fire Emblem Awakening/echoes) also does Draglia.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tamba posted:

Genshin are the people that are called "Allogenes" in the english translation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR-qsEAhVD4&t=6274s

I'm a bit confused about how Venti becoming a god works. He wasn't a person originally; he was a wind spirit or something. Have we seen any other instances of sapient elemental spirits? I guess Oceanid maybe? It's also not clear why the gnosis ended up with him after the previous wind archon died.

MarcusSA posted:

So my Ningguang is C1 and I’m thinking about trying for C2 on her since her C2 seems legit.

How bad of an idea is that?

Unless I'm misunderstanding what's going on, her C2 seems extremely good. Apparently using her ult counts as the wall being destroyed, so you can throw one up immediately after. It feels like you're throwing the wall up constantly with it, but I don't know what to compare it with since I didn't really use Ningguang much until getting C2 with her.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 20, 2020

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

It's not, from the leaked map it ends up in the sea. But at least there will be no hole.

I'd like to see this leaked map

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Make sure to check out the event guidelines because specific characters get 60 percent damage increase during the meteorite salvaging

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Tae posted:

Childe is really bad because it's just a title, same as targalis or whatever. His real name is in his bond lines.

Yeah Childe is just an old rear end word for Young Lord. Tartaglia is his harbinger codename and his real name is Ajax.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I'm a bit confused about how Venti becoming a god works. He wasn't a person originally; he was a wind spirit or something. Have we seen any other instances of sapient elemental spirits? I guess Oceanid maybe? It's also not clear why the gnosis ended up with him after the previous wind archon died.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what's going on, her C2 seems extremely good. Apparently using her ult counts as the wall being destroyed, so you can throw one up immediately after. It feels like you're throwing the wall up constantly with it, but I don't know what to compare it with since I didn't really use Ningguang much until getting C2 with her.

Yeah this is where I’m at with Ningguangs C2. It seems on the face of it super OP.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Been playing about 2 weeks and spent no money. Only done a few 10 pulls and have Noelle C1, Xiangling C1, Fischl, Sucrose, Xinqui, Chongyun, and the free characters. Haven't pulled any 5* units or weapons but I am progressing pretty well so far. I have almost 9k of the currency saved up but I am not going for any particular 5*, just gonna try and get dupes of the units I use. Ninguang seems really cool but I don't like the other characters on the banner. I wish I could have pulled more on the Klee banner but it went away like 3 days after I started playing.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Ugh. Getting philomena mushrooms for klee is the worst.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

I assume since he was involved in killing the previous wind archon, he had a good chance to grab the gnosis

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

RosaParksOfDip posted:

There's a girl who runs along the path to Thousand Winds Temple who sells five of them a day or thereabouts, if you can't be assed.

Another easy spot is the windmill next to the Knights HQ, has around six growing on it. The rest are scattered more haphazardly in Monstadt and Springvale and kind of annoying to collect.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

at the very least they gave her mushroom radar

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Is Qiqi the only person who puts Liyue collectables on your radar?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Squiddycat posted:

Is Qiqi the only person who puts Liyue collectables on your radar?

Yes

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Once you know where they are (which Klee has a talent for; Klee actually avoids the worst part, which is having to constantly look at the sides/tops of buildings to see if there's a flower there), you can gather a really large number of them really quickly between Mondstadt/Springvale/Dawn Winery.

I initially thought they were a pain, but I actually think you can access a larger number of them at once than many other gathered ascension materials.

UltraRed posted:

Why's everyone so hot to Zhongli? He's a spear user and geo element? One of the most boring combinations

- I think Geo abilities are inherently kind of cool; it's neat creating actual physical objects with your abilities, and Zhongli has an ability to exploit them in a way that can work together with another Geo character well.
- He has really cool attack and skill animations
- He's a cool looking guy

Mr Snips posted:

The changes to expeditions are definitely needed but I can't help but feel like the passives need changing a bit, I don't care if a couple of my expeditions will finish sooner when I'm not going to bother to check the results until they've all finished. They should give a bonus to the items received instead or something

I think the expeditions are intended to be used like equivalents in other mobile games, but the problem is that your character has to actually visit the Adventurer's Guild to access them. Honkai 3rd has a similar "send characters on missions" feature accessible through the Dorm, but that game is different because you're just accessing everything from the main menu screen. IMO they should just make expeditions accessible through the main menu.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 20, 2020

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

UltraRed posted:

strong himbo energy

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Ytlaya posted:

From the wiki, In the power vacuum that emerged with Decarabian's death, both Boreas and Barbatos were qualified to become the Anemo Archon in his stead. Boreas, believing himself incapable of the love for humanity required of an Archon, chose to forego the position. Barbatos took up the mantle and used his newfound power to take the form of the Nameless Bard—who was slain in the rebellion. He then renamed himself "Venti".

The other members of the party were Amos, who was slain by Decarabian, and Diluc's ancestor, who apparently didn't qualify for the position, however that works. Wrong vision element?

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 20, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

MarquiseMindfang posted:

From the wiki, In the power vacuum that emerged with Decarabian's death, both Boreas and Barbatos were qualified to become the Anemo Archon in his stead. Boreas, believing himself incapable of the love for humanity required of an Archon, chose to forego the position. Barbatos took up the mantle and used his newfound power to take the form of the Nameless Bard—who was slain in the rebellion. He then renamed himself "Venti".

Do we have any other examples of non-humans (or humanoids like the cat ear people) having the "potential to be a god" (which is otherwise indicated by people receiving Visions)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Ytlaya posted:

Do we have any other examples of non-humans (or humanoids like the cat ear people) having the "potential to be a god" (which is otherwise indicated by people receiving Visions)?

You could make an argument for Osial, who is actually a god and I am fairly sure not human. And Andrius/Boreas, as mentioned.