Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Nah Newsom is now on his fall from grace, so we need to have Brown beat Newsom in a primary as a mentor chastising his errant apprentice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/SamWHarnett/status/1329915240675360769

tfa posted:

AC Public Affairs took in $740,000 from the campaign opposed to Proposition 15. The measure, which was rejected by voters, would have raised business property taxes to increase funding for schools and local services. Landlord groups and other opponents of Proposition 21 paid Huffman’s company $620,000 this year to help fight a rent control measure, which also fell short.

mmmmm, that's a good gig

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

HelloSailorSign posted:

Nah Newsom is now on his fall from grace, so we need to have Brown beat Newsom in a primary as a mentor chastising his errant apprentice.

lol if you think Newsom isnt a teflon don when it comes to scandals. most people here ae going back to restaraunts in droves. they will feel for him as they feel for themselves just "needing to get out"

I went to a restaraunt outside for the first time in like 2 months a week ago. wasnt fully enclosed or anything, still. its hosed and im bitter and annoyed as gently caress about this poo poo but this scanndal will poof or bump him after a while.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I went to a restaraunt outside for the first time in like 2 months a week ago.

Wow. How loving brave of you to go so long without.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

One if the most depressing or maybe :crackping: things about this bought and paid for late stage capitalism is just how cheap it is for capital to buy policy, the return on investment is enormous

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

bawfuls posted:

One if the most depressing or maybe :crackping: things about this bought and paid for late stage capitalism is just how cheap it is for capital to buy policy, the return on investment is enormous

Yup, this election just laid bare how easy it is for companies to just buy legislation.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

we're never getting ahead of this virus, are we :sigh:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

gently caress SNEEP posted:

we're never getting ahead of this virus, are we :sigh:

we can't beat the virus as long as there are Americans. To save the country, we must depopulate it.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
SpaceX is doing a launch from Vandenberg in about 35 minutes, for all of you on the coast between SLO and LA.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

bawfuls posted:

I wish we could crowdsource legislation the same way

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I wish we could crowdsource legislation the same way
Biden's crowdsourcing his loving transition team so....

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

CPColin posted:

SpaceX is doing a launch from Vandenberg in about 35 minutes, for all of you on the coast between SLO and LA.

I purchased no ads why am I seeing this post?

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

lol if you think Newsom isnt a teflon don when it comes to scandals. most people here ae going back to restaraunts in droves. they will feel for him as they feel for themselves just "needing to get out"

I went to a restaraunt outside for the first time in like 2 months a week ago. wasnt fully enclosed or anything, still. its hosed and im bitter and annoyed as gently caress about this poo poo but this scanndal will poof or bump him after a while.

He’s not going to get ousted and he’ll probably be California governor as long as he wants, but he doesn’t want that, he wants US President. Trump’s scandals slide off him because his supporters don’t care and his fascination for McDonalds is endearing to them.

loving wine cave having, French Laundry going, smooth rich guy is nowhere near the same category.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Centrist Committee posted:

I purchased no ads why am I seeing this post?

Because I wanted to let people know in case they like to watch rockets fly by, you dumb baby.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Meh, I was born at Vandenberg. It's nothing special. ;)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

CPColin posted:

Because I wanted to let people know in case they like to watch rockets fly by, you dumb baby.

Sorry I insulted your favorite Brand

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

FilthyImp posted:

Biden's crowdsourcing his loving transition team so....

I'm talking about things that benefit us, not grifts. Why can't we buy off politicians until we get M4A? It can't be more than we spend on healthcare and they don't even spend that much on lobbying

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Centrist Committee posted:

Sorry I insulted your favorite Brand

I would have also posted if it had been ULA sending up a Delta IV. Be less stupid.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'm talking about things that benefit us, not grifts. Why can't we buy off politicians until we get M4A? It can't be more than we spend on healthcare and they don't even spend that much on lobbying

Well the real grift is when they leave office and join the board. We'd have to set that up too but itd still be a drop in the bucket with how hosed healthcare is.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

A lot of poor people go years without going to a sit in restaurant. But he only managed 2 months

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I like to watch big rocket make fires and go high into cloud sky and space 🚀🚀🚀🚀

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Cool things:
Beer
Rocket
Train

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
when i used to ride amtrak for my commute they had a bar car. it was great.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Admiral Ray posted:

thats cool. its combining 2 of the cool thigns. amazing!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
man i would really like to take a long trip on the surfliner and spend a weekend somewhere drinking beers and reading a book or something. that would be super cool. love to ride the surfliner. alas the air is filled with a toxic miasma that makes your brain fall out. sucks

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

amtrak seems comfy b/c they make it like an airplane but they also charge like an airplane. which sucks rear end!!! LA's metro is way better

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Admiral Ray posted:

We took the Coastal Starlight once from Seattle to San Francisco. We had a roomette. The sitting and watching the country go by part was great, the meals were pretty good, until. We got to the flood near Sacramento, and we just sat on the tracks watching the waves lap gently at their sides. Got in 14 hours late, and by "got in" I mean "fled the train in Oakland". It turns out that even without flooding the Coastal Starlight is routinely 12 hours late.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Admiral Ray posted:

I'd rather have this than the smart trains plastic cup of corked wine.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

amtrak seems comfy b/c they make it like an airplane but they also charge like an airplane. which sucks rear end!!! LA's metro is way better

u ever watch who framed roger rabbit and think wow the red car kicked rear end? bring it back i say

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Smythe posted:

bring [public transit] back i say

:yeah:

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

We took the Coastal Starlight once from Seattle to San Francisco. We had a roomette. The sitting and watching the country go by part was great, the meals were pretty good, until. We got to the flood near Sacramento, and we just sat on the tracks watching the waves lap gently at their sides. Got in 14 hours late, and by "got in" I mean "fled the train in Oakland". It turns out that even without flooding the Coastal Starlight is routinely 12 hours late.

If the Shinkansen was ever a full minute late people would be getting fired

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Last time I took Amtrak was from KS to NE via IL since there was no relevant north-south line. I had a non-functioning chair with a broken armrest and ripped out cushions, there was no food at all (let alone a bar car), and an extremely smelly person who kept strumming his guitar all loving day was seated next to me. It was truly a fabulous experience that I will remember fondly for all my days in the sun. I hope CA's routes are better than that. :v:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I have taken the coast starlight plenty without being late, when it does get late however it isn't as you said just 1 hour late but 12.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Celexi posted:

I have taken the coast starlight plenty without being late, when it does get late however it isn't as you said just 1 hour late but 12.

With maybe one exception, every trip (about a dozen) I’ve made on the Coast Starlight has been 30 minutes to 2 hours late. I finally gave up and started flying more even though that has its own inconveniences. But that had more to do with the inability to sleep overnight outside of a roomette, which is usually a little overpriced for the segment I want.

King Hong Kong fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 22, 2020

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1329519832019181569?s=19

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Sundae posted:

Last time I took Amtrak was from KS to NE via IL since there was no relevant north-south line. I had a non-functioning chair with a broken armrest and ripped out cushions, there was no food at all (let alone a bar car), and an extremely smelly person who kept strumming his guitar all loving day was seated next to me. It was truly a fabulous experience that I will remember fondly for all my days in the sun. I hope CA's routes are better than that. :v:

I've taken a the surfliner numerous times and it's always been fine.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

King Hong Kong posted:

With maybe one exception, every trip (about a dozen) I’ve made on the Coast Starlight has been 30 minutes to 2 hours late. I finally gave up and started flying more even though that has its own inconveniences. But that had more to do with the inability to sleep overnight outside of a roomette, which is usually a little overpriced for the segment I want.

I loved the roomette because I pretended I was in a '40s movie.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I loved the roomette because I pretended I was in a '40s movie.

Were you the Nazi or were they?

:v:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Yes... Ha ha ha... YES!!!

https://twitter.com/LauraLitvan/status/1331007734733475844

(Still holding out hope for the retirement announcement.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Gavin (and kids) exposed to the rona and will be quarantining in his McMansion for the full 2 weeks I'll bet.