Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Supposedly this set is really good when you get the items for it (both the full set and the Haunted Visions amulet, to start) but I gotta say that at 70 with 4/6 pieces and no amulet, any build I try is the worst this game has felt since the RMAH days. If that helps.

e: So on that note, if anyone has a fresh 70 Necro build that can actually do anything in this game without feeling like I'm playing a 1.0 demon hunter trying to push old Torment, please let me know

Hauki posted:

yeah, finally getting the amulet was like night & day

went up like, 40 grs easy

It's this. The build is shite until you have the amulet.

The next qol change is Briggs' wrath as a grouping effect. I used teeth until I found one.

The damage output is crazy. I have unoptimed gear and only three ancients but I have already seen 25+ trillion damage hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Necro feels best running lod and not bothering with the gift until later IMO. You have a slower progression depending on what you drop at first but at least aren't as gimped by lack of build defining legendaries right off the bat.

I went crusader this season and I'm not thrilled with the new set but I'm still missing some pieces. Feels too squish and still stuck around t13. Though I did get my charity primal lacunis.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

flakeloaf posted:

Not sure about this T6 clone leveling thing. Everything's a 1hk on me and the clone, when you live long enough to spawn it, seems to really struggle with elites and doesn't peel for you. Also I'd forgotten how painful it is without movespeed....

Hi I'm here to say I was extremely wrong about this, thanks for listening.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

For some reason I was a bit worried about the third conquest and having to do boss mode. But I was playing a demon hunter and did it solo with 5 minutes to spare

Such a nice pet

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Thanks for the tips everyone, I think I'll just limp through low rifts/GRs for awhile shooting for LoD and some assorted legendaries and if I don't get lucky enough on drops to justify playing I'll just pack it in for the season.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Wait what's this T6 clone leveling thing?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Boatswain posted:

Wait what's this T6 clone leveling thing?

There are some waypoints with shrines right by them so you can quickly start your shadow clone. Have them murder everything in sight then go to the next waypoint in the list after the clone’s time runs out. You can level to 70 in less than an hour if done efficiently.

maxroll.gg and icy veins have the rundown on it.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

jabro posted:

There are some waypoints with shrines right by them so you can quickly start your shadow clone. Have them murder everything in sight then go to the next waypoint in the list after the clone’s time runs out. You can level to 70 in less than an hour if done efficiently.

maxroll.gg and icy veins have the rundown on it.

Gonna check this out, leveling through rifts is unbearable coming from GoD or PoJ builds.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
My first 2 Legendary rings of the new season are both Unitys.

Well, that saves a few thousand DBs, at the very least.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Is Rat better than Bone Spears for solo speed runs & T16s?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

kinda weird speed running 100s with like a single ancient

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
You should be able to easily clear t4 for season journey with like 1-2 items with damage modifiers (i had the corpse explosion gloves and reinas shadowhook cubed) and when you get the whole set you can just spam bone spear to clear t10. Building LoD or some other set first is a waste of time.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Boatswain posted:

Is Rat better than Bone Spears for solo speed runs & T16s?

It's worse than spear for solo speeds, better for keys, worse for bounties unless your gear is impeccable, and way better for groups.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Yeah just wondering for laters, cheers.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
After seeing all this solo high level GR necro play, I now regret going DH, not sure I have the heart to level up another guy and since I already blew my gift set on my DH... ugh. FU game.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
i do not at all regret going WD with mundunugus that poo poo is wholly ridiculous and i'm mad i slept on it

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Im_Special posted:

After seeing all this solo high level GR necro play, I now regret going DH, not sure I have the heart to level up another guy and since I already blew my gift set on my DH... ugh. FU game.

Just gamble for the set + Haunted Visions, didn't take me long to farm the fotm set for each class last season.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lucked into gambling a Trove Belt at level 60 so I've somehow managed to get up to T6 without opening any of my Haedrig's on my Crusader, which means I can save it for my Necromancer or DH.

If only the loving RRoG would drop now.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Im_Special posted:

GoD dh is crazy good, what's the issue?

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
I managed to rat my way to p1000 :toot:

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
So wife & I randomly came back for season start and went with necro(her)/barb(me), playing co-op on the Switch. Looks like we lucked out as far as pushing power goes?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Omnikin posted:

So wife & I randomly came back for season start and went with necro(her)/barb(me), playing co-op on the Switch. Looks like we lucked out as far as pushing power goes?

If you guys are looking for people to play with I started up a crusader and hit p610 earlier today.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

I went crusader this season and I'm not thrilled with the new set but I'm still missing some pieces. Feels too squish and still stuck around t13. Though I did get my charity primal lacunis.

Finished the journey today and boy was I wrong about the new sader set. I didn't find a build I liked using heaven's fury, it just felt too clunky to use. Using FoTH only is awesome though and ponying around and lighting poo poo up was good fun. GR80s in <2 min on decent maps.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
Who doesn't immediately know what annoyance this image represents?

gently caress everything about bounties, really. And no, I don't have a RoRG yet either, but at least Act I is mostly fast & fun destruction.

Anyway, finally have the ring now, and it only took 21 re-rolls to get a socket on it...

Necro chat: Like everyone, I'm trying the the flavour of the month build, and got there eventually by taking it slow & messing about with random LoD poo poo until 'the amulet' dropped. This is the most fun I've had with D3 in years, though it obviously depends on getting some decent gear. Still, I shall miss my random bone nova frankenbuild cobbled together from various useless ancients, and really miss the Steuart's greaves + Krelm's belt combo now I'm plodding along slowly, but obliterating everything in one shot makes up for it.

Oh, and Briggs' Wrath is not optional for bone spear build. While the amulet is what makes it work, this is what makes it actually fun.

One question re. season journey - does a conquest on hardcore 'add' to the other two (there are only two I can be bothered with) on softcore for the purposes of getting the pet & extra bag slot?

I have not gotten Haedrig's gift yet, since all the bits of MoTBC set dropped before the amulet, so I might almost be tempted to try hardcore for the first time if so.

mewse
May 2, 2006

xiansi posted:

Who doesn't immediately know what annoyance this image represents?

Avarice band?

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

mewse posted:

Avarice band?

Yep.

Gotta hoover up all that gold to pay for rift-empowering.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Suburban Dad posted:

Finished the journey today and boy was I wrong about the new sader set. I didn't find a build I liked using heaven's fury, it just felt too clunky to use. Using FoTH only is awesome though and ponying around and lighting poo poo up was good fun. GR80s in <2 min on decent maps.

I'm only two pieces into the set and I'm not sure about it. How do I git gud with a build? I'm only paragon lvl 21 and not geared for the guides on icyveins yet.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Suburban Dad posted:

GoD dh is crazy good, what's the issue?

Necro is just crazy good+, also seems to require much, much less optimization to push higher GR's then a DH can. Also DH is just more the same. /shrug

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Is this an indication there'll be a pc version of Immortal?

from the battle.net app download page

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rinkles posted:

Is this an indication there'll be a pc version of Immortal?

from the battle.net app download page

There’s not even going to be a mobile version of Immortal.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I also do not have a RRoG Band yet but at least Belt of the Trove + the Horse Set + Mortal Drama is doing wonders.

The great thing about horsing around is that apparently you don't get knocked out of teleporting / freeing villagers / deactivating portals / other stuff that require you to channel even if you get hit. Which was easily the most annoying thing about bounties for me.

The downside of the build is that sometimes it takes a loving long time for the belt to get off its rear end and summon meteors, which sucks for those Kill X Monsters bounties in maps where there aren't tons of dense packs.

Also I didn't realize Thorns couldn't crit and ran around with an Emerald in my weapon for a while. Boy do I feel stupid.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Waffle! posted:

I'm only two pieces into the set and I'm not sure about it. How do I git gud with a build? I'm only paragon lvl 21 and not geared for the guides on icyveins yet.

Hard to suggest much without the full set. None of them really shine until the 6 piece and at least some supporting legendaries. Without the pony set it's a bit sluggish, too. Once you get darklight and the FotH belt it's pretty solid. Keep slamming rifts and GRs and get gear or leech from somebody in LLJK doing higher level stuff and you'll be showered in loot.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Yeah, just drop the difficulty down and roll more dice. Two six-minute T4s are better than one 10-minute T6.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
Waroduce has the following items 3 days into the season:

• primal vallas
  • primal GoD boots
  • ancient dawn
  • focus ring
  • restraint ring

Better than I did playing a whole month last season upto 1250 Paragon

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Every season I'm reminded anew just how much I loathe set dungeons. They really should be removed as part of the progression for the journey. Especially this season when none of the gift sets even have a set dungeon.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Welp, gambled a Belt of the Trove after my fourth GR run. That means I win, right?

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
Took me almost a hundred legendary amulets until I found the haunted visions one. It was getting ridiculous, I had multiples of all the extra rare immunity amulets and pretty much every other possible amulet, except ess of johan for some reason. Also, afterwards, the third primal I found was scythe of the cycle, making it the first time ever I found a primal weapon that fits the build. RNG huh...

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Took me almost a hundred legendary amulets until I found the haunted visions one. It was getting ridiculous, I had multiples of all the extra rare immunity amulets and pretty much every other possible amulet, except ess of johan for some reason. Also, afterwards, the third primal I found was scythe of the cycle, making it the first time ever I found a primal weapon that fits the build. RNG huh...

That sucks but glad you got it. I was super pissed about the stupid amulet except one dropped on my way to getting my 6 piece Haedrigs bag, sooo RNGesus blessed me. Still a super dumb dynamic for the set to absolutely require this extra legendary to have you set be really useful. I can't think of any other class set that has such a required legendary, definitely some that make your set go from T6 to T10 or made easier to use. Still nice throwing around in T10 waiting to get some more defense because in T11 I'm squishy

Also, the LoD gem is great getting started when your set sucks

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I am not really liking the holy fury crusader. Feel way squishier than I should based on a glance at my stats.

Guess I will start working toward the thorns bomb build since that looks ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Meridian posted:

I am not really liking the holy fury crusader. Feel way squishier than I should based on a glance at my stats.

Guess I will start working toward the thorns bomb build since that looks ridiculous.

See some of my posts above and maybe link your character. It is pretty squishy compared to some of his other builds though tbh.