Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

charliebravo77 posted:

I'll do a longer effort post/reply on this whole story at some point in the near future but my dad's ~30 year project is finally "done" so I took it out for a photo shoot this afternoon.

1966 Fastback 289 2+2 in Tahoe Turquoise brought back to life from a lovely attempt to turn it into a Cobra with 7 layers of paint, a fake hood scoop and Bondo.

Before:

That's a great color

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Anyone know a true breakdown on what else I need to bring a coyote Gen 2 F150 up to mustang level?

Have SN95 Swap Bassani headers, ‘18 Intake, Billet Oil Pump Gears

I have the necessary Alt, PS Pump

Edit oh okay i found that info. Not much really matters outside of the above, plus the stowage tray. I’m doing a UPR oil pan for this, as well as the UPR tubular k member.

Really not sure what to do for power added. I’m trying to keep this build somewhat budget but I know if it’ll sell for $$, it’ll need a big ol Roush blower with a Roush badge on the back and 5.0 badges on the side

If it were going to stay my car, I’d just do the stage 3 comp NSR cams, keep the 150 Zex wet shot, 6 speed auto. High stall.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 14, 2020

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

BrownieVK posted:

Guys talk me out of selling my base 2018 GT to Carvana for a ridiculous price (more than I paid) due to Corona virus. Pros- I would have no more car payment and a few bucks in my wallet.
Cons- my employment has changed drastically and I don't think I'll get another loan to get another new mustang down the road.
I really like my car but it is an 18 with all the issues (rattles, clutch issues, trans issues etc)

I'm just waiting for my registration to arrive this week to sell my '15 focus st to carvana for roughly what I paid for it a year ago, I'll have a couple grand in cash then I was thinking about moving to an ecoboost premium mustang with the performance and handling packages.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

Ford is offering 0% financing for anyone with a credit score of over 650 and has steady employment for up to 72 months. They'll also let you default on your loan with no penalty in the first 12 months if you lose your job and give the car back. Just saying

Both the tools in their links are sold out but this looks good. Thanks a bunch

Will they do this on what I want in California though. We don't ever seem to get good financing unless it's a budget economy car.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Nitramster posted:

Will they do this on what I want in California though. We don't ever seem to get good financing unless it's a budget economy car.

No clue. When I was buying mine I was willing to pay all cash but said I'd consider their financing options. They first came back with the garbage third-party financing with something like 5% and I basically said, 'lol no'. Then they came back with the 0% stuff. No clue what their rules are for qualifying

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

PIZZA.BAT posted:

No clue. When I was buying mine I was willing to pay all cash but said I'd consider their financing options. They first came back with the garbage third-party financing with something like 5% and I basically said, 'lol no'. Then they came back with the 0% stuff. No clue what their rules are for qualifying

Well if they can sucker someone into paying more, why not try.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Besides Carvana are there other places you could try to sell your car? or even private sale? What about trading at the Ford dealership for an ecoboost?
even the ecoboost put out more power than my 01 GT. I wouldn't sweat it but expect people to make fun of you for not keeping/getting a GT ;)

Before I replied to this and for haha's I went to Carvana and listed how much I would get for my car. LOL they offered $100.

$100 for a mint condition, stupidly low mileage, garage queen?!?!? LOL WHAT THE HELL!!!?
I wonder what a 99-04 250k miles, beat to poo poo mustang would get on carvana?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thats weird, I think they offered 6k for my mach. They only sell cars that are 2008+ though so they just don't wanna deal with it.

Auto trader, fb market, ebay.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You can’t finance a 2001. No dealer wants that poo poo

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

kalvick posted:

Besides Carvana are there other places you could try to sell your car? or even private sale? What about trading at the Ford dealership for an ecoboost?
even the ecoboost put out more power than my 01 GT. I wouldn't sweat it but expect people to make fun of you for not keeping/getting a GT ;)

Before I replied to this and for haha's I went to Carvana and listed how much I would get for my car. LOL they offered $100.

$100 for a mint condition, stupidly low mileage, garage queen?!?!? LOL WHAT THE HELL!!!?
I wonder what a 99-04 250k miles, beat to poo poo mustang would get on Carvana?

I went to 3 dealers and got quoted 10k for my ST, Carvana offered my 13.8, and I paid 12.8 private party (but I financed through my credit union, so 14k after taxes) Carvana offered +2k for a "location bonus." I believe people just aren't buying new cars, and Carvana needs inventory because people aren't selling what they own.

I'm not 100% settled on buying a new ecoboost, with performance engine and suspension it's a 40k car. With 0% financing that's enticing but still. I could also go with a used GT with less features, it looks like they're around 30, but the cloth seats and base stereo are pretty hideous. I'm on the fence on the whole thing, I think after thanksgiving I might go for some test drives and get some final numbers.

But I'm still selling to carvana, I'd be dumb not to off load a car I'm not really loving for what I paid for it last year.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Seriously don't buy any non-premium trim mustang.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

just do what i did and get a year-old one at a huge discount. i'm really happy with my '19 premium ecoboost

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

ilkhan posted:

Seriously don't buy any non-premium trim mustang.

The base 100A/300A cars are dreary, but the 101A/301A is not bad at all. Gets you the nicer stereo with large screen and Sync w/ CarPlay/AA, MyColor, drive modes, auto climate etc. Only thing you miss out on from Premium is leather which isn't the greatest quality anyway.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

opengl128 posted:

The base 100A/300A cars are dreary, but the 101A/301A is not bad at all. Gets you the nicer stereo with large screen and Sync w/ CarPlay/AA, MyColor, drive modes, auto climate etc. Only thing you miss out on from Premium is leather which isn't the greatest quality anyway.

Yeah the "leather" on my 2016 is starting to come apart on the door side of the driver's seat. The car just hit 35k miles. The seat venting is also pretty weak, so if I had known then what I know now I would have just gotten the Recaro's instead.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

opengl128 posted:

Huh. I remember the base cars all having the tiny 3" worthless screen, but I suppose that is a bit old. Haven't even tried to keep up.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
Lmao I can assure you guys I give no fucks about my 2018 GT being a base trim when I'm melting tires and rowing through the gears. I'm more upset about the kneecapping ford did with stuff like the ratios on the 18+ manual are all sad now. Probably wanted all of the attention on the A10

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Yeah I'm bummed about the gearing changes. Even though I have 3.73's I end up with a taller final drive than a 15-17 with 3.55's. I'm still considering getting 4.09's, reviews from folks with 18+'s have been very positive.

Still, not like it's slow or anything.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
You know Lebonon Ford in Ohio, sells base model GT's with your choice of super charger starting at 42k for 700hp and keep a factory / super charger warranty?
Upgrade to Vortec, Procharger, or Whipple will negate the warranty though, but you can get up to 850hp from a dealer, which is kinda cool.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

opengl128 posted:

Yeah I'm bummed about the gearing changes. Even though I have 3.73's I end up with a taller final drive than a 15-17 with 3.55's. I'm still considering getting 4.09's, reviews from folks with 18+'s have been very positive.

Still, not like it's slow or anything.

I've been looking into this actually. I need to drive one with the 4.09s before I make a decision. I don't think it would really matter if I go forced induction but I'll be NA for a while

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kalvick posted:

You know Lebonon Ford in Ohio, sells base model GT's with your choice of super charger starting at 42k for 700hp and keep a factory / super charger warranty?
Upgrade to Vortec, Procharger, or Whipple will negate the warranty though, but you can get up to 850hp from a dealer, which is kinda cool.

You can get this same deal with most dealer installed roush factory blowers

Is that the same dude who has been building the “lightning” trucks for 2020?

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

You can get this same deal with most dealer installed roush factory blowers

Is that the same dude who has been building the “lightning” trucks for 2020?

As for the trucks I have no idea.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

BrownieVK posted:

I've been looking into this actually. I need to drive one with the 4.09s before I make a decision. I don't think it would really matter if I go forced induction but I'll be NA for a while

If you're going FI eventually don't do it. Most say you want 3.55 or ideally 3.15's or you're just blowing your tires off.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

I have no problems with my 3.73s :colbert:

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Nitramster posted:

I went to 3 dealers and got quoted 10k for my ST, Carvana offered my 13.8, and I paid 12.8 private party (but I financed through my credit union, so 14k after taxes) Carvana offered +2k for a "location bonus." I believe people just aren't buying new cars, and Carvana needs inventory because people aren't selling what they own.

I'm not 100% settled on buying a new ecoboost, with performance engine and suspension it's a 40k car. With 0% financing that's enticing but still. I could also go with a used GT with less features, it looks like they're around 30, but the cloth seats and base stereo are pretty hideous. I'm on the fence on the whole thing, I think after thanksgiving I might go for some test drives and get some final numbers.

But I'm still selling to carvana, I'd be dumb not to off load a car I'm not really loving for what I paid for it last year.

I eneded up going to a dealership before work. Found out that they would match carvana's trade in on a new car, that's interesting. I test drove a Premium ecoboost with performance engine and suspension options. It had the screen based dashboard, but the total cost was over 40k and that was a bit crazy to me. Acceleration didn't feel much faster than my ST. It didn't really blow my socks off, but I did love the drivers position and the interior looked great.

I'm going to go down to the local tesla dealership to explore the cheaper model 3 options as they're the same price at that point. But that'll be a story for a different thread.

If I look at used GT's, is there anything I'm losing out on going with a pre-facelift S550?

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

2016-2017 used PP GTs are a great deal (I had no mechanical complaints with mine, only option-related cosmetics). $40k for a new eco of any sort is highway robbery.

The 2015s had the old my ford touch so Id avoid those if you care about the infotainment stuff. Its why I dumped my 2015 Ecoboost.

You lose 30HP by not getting a 2018+ but you also dont get stuck with worse gearing ratios on the manual trans so it balances out.

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 24, 2020

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Digital_Jesus posted:

The 2015s had the old my ford touch so Id avoid those if you care about the infotainment stuff. Its why I dumped my 2015 Ecoboost.

This for sure. This is 90% of why I waited one more model year before I bought my 2016 GT. Android Auto (and probably Apple CarPlay) is so much better than anything an automaker can do on their own. The catch for CarPlay for at least the 2016s though is that they have to replace the USB port/controller for support.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

FWIW you can fully retrofit the Sync 3 system with AA/CarPlay into any older S550, even if it has the tiny screen base radio. It is well documented and not difficult. Same goes for the digital cluster.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Wasn't there some documented issues with the digital clusters put in the 2015-2017 cars not working properly because its missing some electronics required for some of the functionality or was that figured out / im misremembering.

E: Specifically some of the sensors and the tach being limited to 8000rpm

Digital_Jesus fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 24, 2020

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Nope, it works 100% assuming you swap out the required parts and do the appropriate coding in forscan.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-digital-cluster-installation-guide.99275/

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Nitramster posted:

I'm going to go down to the local tesla dealership to explore the cheaper model 3 options as they're the same price at that point. But that'll be a story for a different thread.

Or you can get a Mustang Mach-E and you can stay in this thread! I love that car hate that car so much.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

kalvick posted:

Or you can get a Mustang Mach-E and you can stay in this thread! I love that car hate that car so much.

I think it's the most disgusting car I've ever seen and it's heresy that they named a crossover SUV a Mustang. I appreciate what they're doing with it, and I'm sure it'll be a great electric car, but I just wish they didn't brand it or try to make it look like a Mustang, it just looks like an abomination of Q&A sessions with different target demographics.

I have strong feelings.

Edit: to be fair, a tesla is literally a rolling appliance that has no business being as fast as it is. But it knows what it is and how to be it extremely well.

Nitramster fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 24, 2020

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

So provided my dealership can locate the car (they didn't have one in stock and can't order 20's anymore here in Canada), I'll be the proud owner of an ecoboost premium 6 speed. Test drove the GT and ecoboost back to back, and while the power is wonderful, the price for my wallet isn't and the ecoboost is quicker than my current GTI anyway. The amount of $$ off, plus a lot more than I expected on my trade made it an easy decision. Excited to be back to winter driving a RWD car, I've really missed that.

What size wheels can I fit on an ecoboost premium without any additional options? No handling package or bigger brakes or anything like that. Hoping I can fit 17's, but not the end of the world for 18's.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I think all Fords should be Mustangs, Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Mustang F-150, Ford Mustang Bronco, Ford Mustang Mustang, etc.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Should have named it the Galax-E

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think all fords should be mazdas. we were very close. we can do it again!

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

I miss the Probe.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I saw a brand new 2019 GT350 at the dealership today for 66k, no markups or anything on it. UGGG! I wish I had the money!

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Mental Hospitality posted:

I miss the Probe.

I always wanted one, my brother's first car was a mazda mx-6.

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Since Mustang Monthly got discontinued I can't submit a story and photos now that my dad's basically done with his restoration, so I mocked up my own. Getting a legit magazine printed with stories, photos, etc. Too bad it's not going to get delivered by xmas.

The barcode is the date he bought the car and the license plate :v:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

charliebravo77 posted:

Since Mustang Monthly got discontinued I can't submit a story and photos now that my dad's basically done with his restoration, so I mocked up my own. Getting a legit magazine printed with stories, photos, etc. Too bad it's not going to get delivered by xmas.

The barcode is the date he bought the car and the license plate :v:

That looks slick, nicely done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

kalvick posted:

I saw a brand new 2019 GT350 at the dealership today for 66k, no markups or anything on it. UGGG! I wish I had the money!

There's a pretty low mileage (~1800) 2019 on ebay for 10 grand less than that.