Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Anyone else having connection issues this season? Lots of disconnects both while playing and when logging on for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've had plenty of spotty connection issues but I chalked it down to my connection being poo poo for my room in general. Especially since family's visiting.

Though it is more prevalent than before; at least in the past I didn't have any issues connecting to the Blizzard network no matter how bad my connection got.

unicr0n
Sep 8, 2003

Big Black Dick posted:

Every season I'm reminded anew just how much I loathe set dungeons. They really should be removed as part of the progression for the journey. Especially this season when none of the gift sets even have a set dungeon.

Set Dungeons are horrible, especially ones you need to willing downgrade your damage to even have a chance at them. I'm especially salty this season as I'm playing on PS4 and really want to finish guardian, but the 'kill all bosses in 20mins' and 'play campaign in 1 hour' just don't seem possible on console so I'm stuck doing the gem, gr55 dungeons and master 8 set dungeons if I want to complete Guardian.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

bamhand posted:

Anyone else having connection issues this season? Lots of disconnects both while playing and when logging on for me.

I’ve had a lot of weird rubberbanding and stuttering, plus abnormally high ping the rest of the time

Haven’t noticed any disconnects since Friday though I guess

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

unicr0n posted:

Set Dungeons are horrible, especially ones you need to willing downgrade your damage to even have a chance at them. I'm especially salty this season as I'm playing on PS4 and really want to finish guardian, but the 'kill all bosses in 20mins' and 'play campaign in 1 hour' just don't seem possible on console so I'm stuck doing the gem, gr55 dungeons and master 8 set dungeons if I want to complete Guardian.

Boss Mode is harder on Switch, but I’ve been able to complete it every time it comes up. Not sure about other consoles, but I would think it would be similar. I’ve managed it with Shadow DH and a chicken WD speed build.

unicr0n
Sep 8, 2003

Russad posted:

Boss Mode is harder on Switch, but I’ve been able to complete it every time it comes up. Not sure about other consoles, but I would think it would be similar. I’ve managed it with Shadow DH and a chicken WD speed build.

I rebirthed my WD as a second season character so I'll work toward a chicken build and give it a crack then.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Complaining about set dungeons continues to be outrageously overblown. I don’t think I’ve ever spent more than 20 mins mastering one. It’s a truly minor inconvenience, at least the first one. You’ll spend 10x as long farming a RORG.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Historically, getting one set dungeon under your belt was pretty easy. The guaranteed sets this season don't have set dungeons.

I got an ancient RoRG on my fifth act one bounty chest. I've yet to complete any set other than the Haedrig's set. Might have five pieces in one that could be shuffled around.

(i'm only like paragon 400ish though)

stringless fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 25, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Every class has at least one piss easy set dungeon, so I just save pieces of whatever set that is until I can run it and continue to forget about them forever afterward.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?

bamhand posted:

My group has been having tons of issues joining each other's lobbies. Not sure if it's a PS4 / PS5 thing or what. And yes, plenty of rubber banding during gameplay when we've got 3-4 characters all procing time of area damage.

This season seems crazy to me, I'm at Paragon 700 and we're blowing through GR100s in less than 5 mins while helping some lower level friends farm XP. It's actually hard to keep bone armor and essences up cause everything dies so fast.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Bust Rodd posted:

Complaining about set dungeons continues to be outrageously overblown. I don’t think I’ve ever spent more than 20 mins mastering one. It’s a truly minor inconvenience, at least the first one. You’ll spend 10x as long farming a RORG.

I got mine on my second Act 1 bounty, permanently cementing the notion that I will ever see a useful primal this season.

mewse
May 2, 2006

bamhand posted:

Shadowlands just launched on Monday and is stressing blizz’s infrastructure

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I'm getting an error 1016 specifically. Is that what you guys are getting?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
why did the reaper's wraps get a cooldown?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Nerf to Skeletal Mages.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Bust Rodd posted:

My wife pulled a RORG on our first Act I bounty at like... level 15. I'm so fuckin steamed at her

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Big Black Dick posted:

Every season I'm reminded anew just how much I loathe set dungeons. They really should be removed as part of the progression for the journey. Especially this season when none of the gift sets even have a set dungeon.
I hadn't done a DH set dungeon in a long time so of course I did Nat's the 'free' set dungeon.

It was nearly impossible to get my DPS low enough to complete it. I had every single item off of me aside from the set items and a weapon that I took the emerald out of. Even a couple of rings and things were blowing up too quickly for me to get the cooldown per hit to work properly.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

M6 is the super easy set dungeon for DH, worth saving Marauder pieces just to save yourself the hassle.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
y'all need to be converted to the church of marauders. just keep 3 turrets plonked down the whole time and vault out of the way of the burrowing worms i cannot think of a more braindead set dungeon to get mastery on.

but yes gently caress all the rest for being tuned for years old gear/numbers

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

exquisite tea posted:

Nerf to Skeletal Mages.

They did that at the same time they released the updated HV and freed rats from having to gear with CDR. At p1250 I'm getting close to the same GR levels I was ratting at p2500 in s20 (and resource management is so easy I'm not even using the skeletal mage ring).

KenBearlLOLOL fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 25, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Darklight, and Ivory Tower are fantastic with the Valor set. It's free millions of damage!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I think Simulacrum is messing up Boon of the Hoarder. My gem's maxed out, and a lot of enemies aren't dropping gold. This definitely cuts into my GRift empowerment for sure.

Edit: A google search brings this PTR bug report from last month. Guess they haven't fixed it yet. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/hoarder-simulacrum-bone-spears/22952

Edit 2: I guess it's not a bug after all. Sucks that pet kills don't drop any gold if you haven't tagged the mobs in any way.

Nfcknblvbl fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 25, 2020

unicr0n
Sep 8, 2003

Russad posted:

Took me 'two' tries - first attempt with WW/Rend Barb I missed two bosses. Restarted a few games until I got a bounty for Adria to make it easier to find her, was timing on my phone and thought I'd missed it with only Zoltan Khulle to go, but went for it anyway and the achievement unlocked so, Guardian down.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

exquisite tea you have an 27GL83A, right? When you're playing D3, do the bottom corners look washed out (the way the would from poor view angles)? Idk if I got it positioned/set up wrong, or this is just how bigger screens are, or something else. (also think it's a little bright, i'm getting a bit of a headache)

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 26, 2020

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Rinkles posted:

exquisite tea you have an 27GL83A, right? When you're playing D3, do the bottom corners look washed out (the way the would from poor view angles)? Idk if I got it positioned/set up wrong, or this is just how bigger screens are, or something else. (also think it's a little bright, i'm getting a bit of a headache)

I have this monitor and don't notice anything weird. I'll check it next time though. I did have to turn the brightness down a ton though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I don’t have that problem but I also have the monitor brightness turned way down from default, which is just eye piercingly bright to me. I think I also tweaked the black level a little bit to avoid that washed out look.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I've a possibly dumb question - the Area Damage Paragon option: does it need a certain ability, or the weapon skill (some weapons have a % to make an Area Damage on Hit, and without it it's useless? Or does putting points into that make you do AoE Damage regardless of your skills/equipment?

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Szurumbur posted:

I've a possibly dumb question - the Area Damage Paragon option: does it need a certain ability, or the weapon skill (some weapons have a % to make an Area Damage on Hit, and without it it's useless? Or does putting points into that make you do AoE Damage regardless of your skills/equipment?

It adds to your area damage totals, meaning you have to use a skill ot ability that does area damage to benefit from it.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Within the past 24 hours I had 3 rainbow goblins. Is luck rng based on the day or something?

Also: :yayclod:

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Dameius posted:

It adds to your area damage totals, meaning you have to use a skill ot ability that does area damage to benefit from it.

That would make sense, but it's good to know for sure. Thanks!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Sorry for the off topic, but thanks for the monitor replies. Idk, somehow those darker areas are annoying me in D3 in particular. Maybe because your attention isn't as focused on the center of the screen, the way it is in an FPS.

But I do have a D3 specific issue. When I set a frame limit, the fps drops below it despite uncapped running well above it. I only want a cap to avoid the card getting unnecessarily loud. Turning on the game's Vsync also lead to a performance hit.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Szurumbur posted:

That would make sense, but it's good to know for sure. Thanks!

Too clarify though, almost all skills trigger area damage. This includes single target skills. The main ones that do not are stuff like damage over time abilities and maybe some set bonuses.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Rinkles posted:

But I do have a D3 specific issue. When I set a frame limit, the fps drops below it despite uncapped running well above it. I only want a cap to avoid the card getting unnecessarily loud. Turning on the game's Vsync also lead to a performance hit.
Have you tried setting the fps cap to somewhere between what your graphics card can push and what your monitor can display?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Apparently it's a known issue. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d3/t/max-foreground-fps-set-150fps-in-game-always-struck-at-63-fps/19179

FFT posted:

Have you tried setting the fps cap to somewhere between what your graphics card can push and what your monitor can display?

That seems to work, the fps is again lower than the chosen cap but higher than what I set the monitor refresh rate to. I wanna say it feels a little jittery this way, but these things are hard to quantify without tools.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

In my own lifetime I've played Diablo 3 across three completely different systems and the frame judder issues have ALWAYS persisted, you either play enough until your eyes get used to it or find an even worse example of it.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Never have I seen it worse than when I was running an exploding chicken speedfarming build. The judder was so bad it made me motion-sick.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Would be great if the defining piece of this seasons set for Necro wasn't a rare amulet that never loving drops. Seriously it should be the 6pc bonus of the set not an entirely separate item.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

WarMECH posted:

Would be great if the defining piece of this seasons set for Necro wasn't a rare amulet that never loving drops. Seriously it should be the 6pc bonus of the set not an entirely separate item.

I haven't had much time to play but might just go Monk or something and farm the Necro set through Kedala.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

WarMECH posted:

yeah, it's pretty powerful without the amulet but not T16 powerful. Grinding for 1 specific drop that'll give an enormous power spike sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

WarMECH posted:

They definitely designed the set and supporting items for the end result and not the progression. I know not many sets are especially useful with only the first two pieces, but yikes.