Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Phlegmish posted:

Thanks.

Seems there's been a CAMBRIC EXPLOSION of these channels in the past few years :D

e: poo poo I meant Cambrian, see this is why I need edutainment

There were scorched handkerchiefs everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

quote:

It’s probably art, officials said.
It seems that Art is involved in some suspicious activity, he should be brought in for questioning.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Bloop posted:

riiiiiiigghhhttt... that's what the post you quoted is indeed saying

The chicken came first because a chicken egg is laid by a chicken and that one wasn’t.

The Lone Badger posted:

It also appears to be made of metal, which disqualifies it from being a lith of any variety.

There are native metals, famously gold nuggets.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Trump: I’ll Keep Charging Fraud Until Randy Quaid Is Satisfied

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Baron von Eevl posted:

Yes but you see it wasn't a chicken, I think that's what everybody here is missing.
It was a chicken, I tell ya! A giant chicken!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

They should have gotten a couple of wood chippers and pointed the end nozzle into the hole.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Johnny Aztec posted:

They should have gotten a couple of wood chippers and pointed the end nozzle into the hole.

Sure, just aerosolize millions of infected mink. That can't possibly go wrong.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
tbh, this is what denmark deserves for engaging in the fur trade

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

StillFullyTerrible posted:

tbh, this is what denmark deserves for engaging in the fur trade

Sure, but like... every country engages in the fur-trade.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

and we all deserve it
none of us are free from sin

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

StillFullyTerrible posted:

and we all deserve it
none of us are free from sin

Nah, I'm good. I provide my own fur-offsets so I can stay clean. Some lucky lady or lad may be out there right now sporting some of my man-fur in the collar of their jackets or the tassels on their boots. Maybe even painting a masterpiece with a me-brand paintbrush.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nah, I'm good. I provide my own fur-offsets so I can stay clean. Some lucky lady or lad may be out there right now sporting some of my man-fur in the collar of their jackets or the tassels on their boots. Maybe even painting a masterpiece with a me-brand paintbrush.

gaea bless you sir, you do our planet proud :furcry:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

Sure, just aerosolize millions of infected mink. That can't possibly go wrong.

I always wondered: when they say "soup-like homogenate", do they mean consistency or taste :thunk:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I always wondered: when they say "soup-like homogenate", do they mean consistency or taste :thunk:

Honestly, the secret to a good soup-like homogenate is all in the use of seasoning.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Surely you could just use a fork and poke some holes in them like a sausage or a baked potato that you’ve put in the microwave? I swear project managers get dumber every year.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Platystemon posted:

The chicken came first because a chicken egg is laid by a chicken and that one wasn’t.

Whether your standard for what a chicken is is based on morphological features or genetic proximity, it means the first chicken was laid by a non-chicken hen. That's just how genetic changes work, whether from selective breeding or evolution. Egg came first.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Platystemon posted:

Nobody's asking "Which came first the chicken or the chicken egg."

Well, apart from you, weirdo.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Then the egg definitely came first, the first amniote wasn't a chicken anyway.

e: [sweating profusely, hoping that I used 'amniote' right and that no one will notice it's a word I learned only a few weeks ago]

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Nov 25, 2020

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Not a weird story but you can bet they wouldn't have written the headline like this if it didn't have a funny name.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Splicer posted:

Nobody's asking "Which came first the chicken or the chicken egg."

Well, apart from you, weirdo.

In the many centuries philosophers have argued about this problem, I don’t think that many of them said “psych! Turtles also lay eggs and those things seem more ancient to me, therefore the egg came first.”

The egg has always been assumed to be a chicken egg.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The main problem is that it's arbitrary to determine the first creature that could be considered a chicken. And even if you do set objective morphological and/or genetic criteria, amniotic eggs had already evolved by the time chickens came around. Therefore, that first chicken would have hatched from an egg, ergo, the egg (laid by a quasi-chicken) came first.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Darwin and Wallace turned it from a deep question about the universe to a silly question about semantics.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Platystemon posted:

Darwin and Wallace turned it from a deep question about the universe to a silly question about semantics.
Quite a few deep questions about the universe get solved when we learn enough about the universe to answer them.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 15:38 on Nov 26, 2020

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

For example, the one horse-sized duck vs 100 duck-sized horse debate was complicated by the fact that both those animals existed at some point. At the same time, even.

Also the people who asked that never fought a pissed-off normal duck.

Phlegmish posted:

e: [sweating profusely, hoping that I used 'amniote' right and that no one will notice it's a word I learned only a few weeks ago]

One of my favorite updated evolution knowledge: mammals did not evolve from reptiles, so mammals having a "reptile brain" is inaccurate.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The MSJ posted:

One of my favorite updated evolution knowledge: mammals did not evolve from reptiles, so mammals having a "reptile brain" is inaccurate.

Your Brain Is Not an Onion With a Tiny Reptile Inside

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The MSJ posted:

So...what's up with that? Weren't the synapsids a type of reptile?

e: hmmm, according to their Wikipedia article they weren't. Interesting.

e2: of course, take it with a grain of salt, since the article was edited by synapsids themselves

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The MSJ posted:

For example, the one horse-sized duck vs 100 duck-sized horse debate was complicated by the fact that both those animals existed at some point. At the same time, even.
I would like to see the animal that's 100 duck sized horses. I'm assuming some kind of ant colony/naked mole rat situation

VVVI know I was making a bad joke <:mad:>VVV

Splicer has a new favorite as of 17:00 on Nov 26, 2020

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Splicer posted:

I would like to see the animal that's 100 duck sized horses. I'm assuming some kind of ant colony/naked mole rat situation

It’s just 100 eohippuses.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Splicer posted:

Quite a few deep questions about the universe get solved when we learn enough about the universe to answer them.

Calculus hasn’t stopped philosophers from arguing about Zeno’s paradoxes of motion.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's definitely slowed down the ones who know calculus.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Platystemon posted:

Calculus hasn’t stopped philosophers from arguing about Zeno’s paradoxes of motion.
It stopped mathematicians and physicists.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Platystemon posted:

Only the power of a good wedgie was able to accomplish this

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The question was settled by philosopher Sonic in 1991: gotta go fast.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ultrafilter posted:

It's definitely slowed down the ones who know calculus.

did it slow them down by half? What if it then slowed them down by another half...

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Captain Monkey posted:

It’s just 100 eohippuses.

Aren’t dik-diks more or less duck sized horses?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I feel like a Muscovy duck would be a more wily opponent than a dik-dik. I would certainly not want to take on a horse-sized Muscovy. Just gimme the 100 dik-diks I guess.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Why wouldn't you choose to fight whatever number of dik-diks? I'm pretty sure they're non-aggressive herbivores, they would just run away, leaving you to win by default

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Exactly, which is why I chose the dik-diks rather than a giant-rear end duck. Tiny deer ain't nothin' but tricks, and big duck ain't no chump.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I would definitely challenge a hundred dik-diks first, I've seen how much a regular size duck poops and I would not want to be near even a friendly giant one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Phlegmish posted: