Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

I love reading up on the latest in EVE politics. Never change, bees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
!bacon_points

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Goons will Evac. They must Evac

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Everybody can see that the exodus has already started. Every day, entire fleets of ships leave 1DQ.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Solus posted:

they are really not gonna like the war update i'm posting tomorrow, lawl

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
!bacon_points

Imagine wasting the effort to smug post about made up war goals, on a forum in which you need to pay money to. :|

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

MaxPowers posted:

!bacon_points

Imagine wasting the effort to smug post about made up war goals, on a forum in which you need to pay money to. :|

It's a time honored tradition in this thread.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

if any of you nerds have any BPOs or reaction formulae u would like to sell/donate to a charitable cause (me), pls hmu tia gb

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

if any of you nerds have any BPOs or reaction formulae u would like to sell/donate to a charitable cause (me), pls hmu tia gb

Alternatively I will fist fight this dirty Aussie for them. Which is more entertaining??

1v1 at the sun m8

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

smertrioslol posted:

Alternatively I will fist fight this dirty Aussie for them. Which is more entertaining??

1v1 at the sun m8

ill kick your rear end pal

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Serious question for a second: does the launcher have a reasonable logging, so I can look into why it dies almost instantly after I run it? I gave it a quick look and couldn't find it, but given that I so far invested ~30 minutes into EVE, I did not try particularly hard. :v:

(I am not breaking out the debugger either way)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

looks like the UI has a built in debug/logger thingo but im going to guess it's not the UI causing the crash :v:

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
My favorite eve launcher bug is it not loading if its not on your primary monitor.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

DGC773 posted:

Not technically true. The panfam leadership final objective is to glass the entirety of 1DQ. However, they have also said it will be down to the line member if they want to carry on the fight to Helms Deep. From what I have heard so far, the vast majority of panfam want to stay and finish the job.

EDIT: But who the gently caress knows right?! I am a mere line member

For a line member, you sure do claim to be "in the know" about a lot of the inner-monologue of PanFam leadership.

:10bux: says you're full of poo poo.

DGC773 posted:

I chucked, thank you.

Let's be real for a second. TEST can't hold Delve alone. They are half the size of GSF. Pandafam are here for the fights, most line members don't care much for the "grr goons" hurfblurf.

TAPI STANDING ORDERS FOR IMPERIUM LINE MEMBERS:
Evacuate your assets to NPC Aridia now.

Gonna let you in on a little secret- PanFam is notoriously horrible at holding space.

poo poo was way more chill when they were at least honest about it, even if that honesty itself was sometimes baked into a thin veneer of 'we didn't want space anyway'.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 25, 2020

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Xarn posted:

Serious question for a second: does the launcher have a reasonable logging, so I can look into why it dies almost instantly after I run it? I gave it a quick look and couldn't find it, but given that I so far invested ~30 minutes into EVE, I did not try particularly hard. :v:

(I am not breaking out the debugger either way)

Be sure to check the windows event log as well. Unless you're using mac/linux then idk

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

rocketrobot posted:

Be sure to check the windows event log as well. Unless you're using mac/linux then idk

:doh:

I swear those critical events weren't there the last time I tried checking the log after running the launcher.

So, vulkandriverquery.exe and vulkandriverquery64.exe fault, followed by which the launcher also faults. This makes some sense, as I had to murder my drivers to get the system stable (don't ask, but lol at AMD driver quality), but you know, I would expect the launcher not to die if checking driver support fails :v:

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Xarn posted:

I would expect the launcher not to die if checking driver support fails :v:

This is eve. You expect too much

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

They probably exception out of launch if there's more than one error of a certain severity of higher. Lazy.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Well, I purged all remains of old drivers and decided to give a try to brand new ones.

I already regret it, as AMD no longer lets you just pick which parts of their lovely bloatware you want to install.

e:
Aaaand the instability caused by their "smart overclocking/underclocking/etc" utility is back.

Xarn fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Nov 25, 2020

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/upcoming-changes-to-drone-aggression/281713

Aggressive Drones no longer auto attack npcs and only respond to player commands.

Edit:added npcs. They apparently still autoattack players.

Saul Kain fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Nov 25, 2020

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Xarn posted:

Well, I purged all remains of old drivers and decided to give a try to brand new ones.

I already regret it, as AMD no longer lets you just pick which parts of their lovely bloatware you want to install.

e:
Aaaand the instability caused by their "smart overclocking/underclocking/etc" utility is back.

What kind of snowflake machine do you have?!? I'm all AMD and don't have these issues...

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Saul Kain posted:

Aggressive Drones no longer auto attack npcs and only respond to player commands.

lol owned afk ratters

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Torn between "yet another way the ladder is being pulled up behind us" and "lol, botters won't care"

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

ASAPI posted:

What kind of snowflake machine do you have?!? I'm all AMD and don't have these issues...

A 480 that's kinda dying (but works when the drivers don't try to be smart) and I don't want to replace yet. :v:

Super.Jesus
Oct 20, 2011

Saul Kain posted:

What's the opposite of a QOL improvement?

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
I'm almost impressed with how much CCP want to drive people away from their game, it's really something else

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
It really feels like all these changes have one goal in mind: Get people to buy plex rather than engage with the game.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I just want a way to be able to tell who is shooting my drones so I can stop losing them to bullshit frigate and destroyer rats.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Super.Jesus posted:

What's the opposite of a QOL improvement?

Quality of Death?

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
Big yikes in Y-2. Inits going to have a bad week for at least 5 days looks like.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Loky11 posted:

Big yikes in Y-2. Inits going to have a bad week for at least 5 days looks like.

Could you explain a little more please?

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Burt posted:

looks like someone flipped the fort in Y-2 to PL...

unironically where init's staged their caps and subs.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Loky11 posted:

Doesn't that mean they are gone for good, unless they can get it back?

Maybe they are just about to turn on The Kittens? Dun, dun, dunnnnnnnn.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

notaspy posted:

Doesn't that mean they are gone for good, unless they can get it back?

Maybe they are just about to turn on The Kittens? Dun, dun, dunnnnnnnn.

Pull everything to asset safety and send it to another citadel in system. Takes a few days, and you have to pay a fee.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Loky11 posted:

I thought their Fountain stager is in NPC Fountain?

I would never stage actually important poo poo out of some random membercorp citadel :v:

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Loky11 posted:

lol

bUt fOuNtAiN doEsNt mAtTeR

regards,
DGC

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Loky11 posted:

The accursed system.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

DGC773 posted:

All industrial structures will continue to be targeted.
1DQ Dyson sphere will be destroyed. Hopefully Imperium finally drop supers on our capital fleet when we do this so we can finally gently caress.
The entire pressure of the coalition will then be placed on Helms Deep. There is no way Goons will be able to win from this. Especially with 1DQ and every industrial structure destroyed.

The end is near for you dudes. I would start evacuating right now.

Omg, is this a comedy post? If it isn’t you are as deluded as those American Republicans who think Trump actually won the American presidential election.

Edit

Solus posted:

I just hit okay on 143 day research job on a Nid BPO in 1D1Q this morning.

So definitely confirming ‘evac’ in-progress. :agesilaus:

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 25, 2020

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

ZombieLenin posted:

Omg, is this a comedy post? If it isn’t you are as deluded as those American Republicans who think Trump actually won the American presidential election.

Edit

I just hit okay on 143 day research job on a Nid BPO in 1D1Q this morning.

So definitely confirming ‘evac’ in-progress. :agesilaus:

For what its worth, I evaced all of my poo poo TO 1dq1-A. If it falls, so do I cuz I cant afford all that asset safety. come wreck my poo poo DGC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Burt posted:

quote:

submitted 20 minutes ago by Vily_R

Corporation the Dysfunctionals left goonswarm today. Taking with it a nice pool of active pvp pilots. Rumor being they were kicked for buying "suspicious numbers" of Supercaps.

However The Dysfunctionals held the fortizar that INIT was evacing all their delve assets to in Y-2. This means upon the kick, all of init's assets now are held by a random mad corporation. A mad corporation that subsequently sold the fortizar to PL.

Leading to comedy killmails already like the 9bil carrier we saw this morning.

This also means that PAPI forces hold a fortizar to project power into fountain from and we are starting to see the mass unanchors of INIT structures in Fountain already upon the realization the Gobbins may get the second purge he so desires.