Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Can’t remember which talking head responded to this sentiment but it was along the lines of:

This isn’t a fair analogy because rats weren’t complicit in the sinking of the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
The rats were the ones who chewed through the vital component keeping the ship afloat

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club

Scratch Monkey posted:

The rats were the ones who chewed through the vital component keeping the ship afloat

Republicans and the right wing echo chamber, yes. I mean this isn’t fair to actual rats.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I also wonder how much of it is systematic due to the design of reddit. It is astonishing how quickly things thedonald believed literal hours before get memory-holed and vanish due to down-voting. Every legal case is the center of their universe as the thing that will finally crush Trump's enemies until it gets decided against them, and then all traces of it vanish instantly.

Sydney Powell was their patron saint, occupying 4 stickied threads at the top of the reddit, right up to the point where the Trump campaign distanced herself from her, and then for a couple of hours she just ceased to exist, before thedonald rebounded to the theory that she was a secret sleeper agent lawyer.

Threads on Freep tend to hang around for a day or two because of inertia and lower posting volume.

Yeah on Reddit (And the splinter that is Thedonald.win) upvotes and Gold can very easily become a substitute for love, which leads to a culture of one-up-manship and Stasi level community policing as every person there fights everyone else to be the loudest voice in the room.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

"Hunh, look at that. 'Hull Breach, All Die'. Even had it underlined."

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

TheDonald people scare me a lot more than freep tbh. Most of them are cowards but among the younger crowd I can't imagine that we won't spin out more Rittenhouses.

Yeah, like people remember the Holocaust shooter but that was over a decade ago and iirc he wasn't a rabid freeper like a lot of these superstar posters we talk about, he was someone who happened to have an account amongst many other circles. Something Awful has probably killed more people with the Pupkins guy alone. Did freep contribute to what he did? It's likely, but more likely a combination of various echo chambers. The reality is most freepers are pathetic old sods who are so consumed by fear they rarely leave their home let alone try and start a mass shooting.

I'd fear the younger folks who've had more time to develop in the right wing echo chambers of the internet and have it influence their worldview. And unlike boomers, have probably had shittier lives giving them more incentive to take aggressive action.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

AMERICANS, WE MUST RISE!

Freepers are angry, you guys! And they're totally gonna rise up! For true this time.

also, when a majority of Americans go and vote you out of office, does that not count as "rising up?"

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
These fucks are so old and decrepit and addicted to whining on the internet that they've forgotten what rising even looks like.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Rush Limbaugh on November 20 posted:

They don’t owe anybody anything. They owe it to winning. They are devoted to winning a case. That’s gonna be in court. They therefore have to satisfy the rules of court. That means, among other things, satisfying the rules of evidence, and that means creating it, producing it in ways that are legal and acceptable. It’s just not a matter of, “Looky! Here’s what we got! Man, isn’t that powerful.”

Rush Limbaugh on November 23 posted:

You call a gigantic press conference like that, one that lasts an hour, and you announce massive bombshells, then you better have some bombshells. There better be something at that press conference other than what we got, such as a hacker who can tell us, yep, everything these guys have said is true. I’ve looked into it. I’ve run the software, I’ve hacked this, I’ve hacked that. Even put him behind a screen, if you want to protect his identity.

I talked to so many people who were blown away by it, by the very nature of the press conference. They promised blockbuster stuff, and then nothing happened. And that’s just not good.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

lol what, is limbaugh concerned clinging to Trump might cost him future career opportunities?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Rush Limbaugh is (hopefully) going to die in the next few months so I doubt he's concerned about future career opportunities. Most likely he's trying to desperately prevent Fox News from losing viewers since his buddies like Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity are still there. He might think that since he's one of the biggest people that created the situation we're in, that he might carry enough weight to get things back under control. He probably doesn't realize just how much he's hosed over mainstream right wing media, if he did he just wouldn't care since he's got terminal cancer so why not join in with the crazies at that point.

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

Biden win over Trump in Nevada made official by court [certified]

quote:

To: Alter Kaker
The Globalist Cabal has Dominion over the American people

7 posted on 11/25/2020, 5:51:08 AM by KTM rider (, Virus protection isn't just for your computer anymore, we gotta pay up and pay dearly)

quote:

To: KTM rider
But pastor Paula White from the pulpit 3 weeks ago prayed fervently, and then in her prayer, openly and confidently delivered a prophesy. She said “The Lord says it is done. The Lord gave us His victory” and claimed angels were coming from Africa and South America to America to overturn the votes. Should we wait a little longer? Or maybe she got the prophesy wrong? Then Kenneth Copeland prayed much the same thing, said the election was secured (and used Jesus’ name to publicly “command it”) and laughed at the media.

POTUS today cleared Biden to receive his daily PDB intelligence briefing.

These things should be troubling for a true Christian. What’s going on here?!

80 posted on 11/25/2020, 10:31:13 AM by AmericanInTokyo (Congratulations to Jim Donohue on his acceptance to Nanyang Technology University, Singapore! )

quote:

To: AmericanInTokyo
Never forget, Satan's favorite playground is the Christian church.
whatever happens it is what God allows so that we can have liberty.

Some things we have no control over, but I just want to be sure that I am on the right side

84 posted on 11/25/2020, 12:52:59 PM by KTM rider (, Virus protection isn't just for your computer anymore, we gotta pay up and pay dearly)

:angel: :amen: :angel:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Trump isn't gonna fight this? Oh my god I've been scammed

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

"Preacher said this wouldn't happen so it can't be happening" is some logic that makes me unable to tell if it's sarcasm.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

As a specific form of the broader "I am very emotionally invested in this not happening so I can not yet internalize that it is" it isn't that odd.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

"Some preachers I consider to be model Christians and reliable sources of prophesy promised a thing and then that thing didn't happen. That DEFINITELY isn't because they are full of poo poo and not what I had made them out to be. Maybe God has been suppressed by the Deep State? That's the only logical conclusion"

Breaking! President Trump (With Rudy Giuliani) Is Traveling to Gettysburg to Meet with GOP Lawmakers

quote:

Posted on 11/25/2020, 9:41:15 AM by White Lives Matter
:raise:

quote:

To: White Lives Matter
...all I need is a single piece of paper with general orders from POTUS to clean out the USA of traitors... as soon as he issues that — I’ll get it on!!!

6 posted on 11/25/2020, 9:47:36 AM by Patriot_MP (Si vis pacem, para bellum)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
To: brownsfan
RICO Rudy has the receipts (???)

President Trump to State legislators:

Here is what you support
Your rear end is grass and I am the mower.
Actions have consequences.
We have lots of room at Club Gitmo
Have a nice day

7 posted on 11/25/2020, 9:48:45 AM by Steven Tyler (President Elect Steven Tyler)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

These dudes are so thirsty for a dictator.

quote:

To: White Lives Matter
Gettysburg? Wow, now that is a big ole pile of symbolism right there.

10 posted on 11/25/2020, 9:52:16 AM by Dutch Boy

https://twitter.com/jedshug/status/1331573451442642946?s=20

Scratch Monkey fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 25, 2020

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

quote:

To: KTM rider
But pastor Paula White from the pulpit 3 weeks ago prayed fervently, and then in her prayer, openly and confidently delivered a prophesy. She said “The Lord says it is done. The Lord gave us His victory” and claimed angels were coming from Africa and South America to America to overturn the votes. Should we wait a little longer? Or maybe she got the prophesy wrong? Then Kenneth Copeland prayed much the same thing, said the election was secured (and used Jesus’ name to publicly “command it”) and laughed at the media.

POTUS today cleared Biden to receive his daily PDB intelligence briefing.

These things should be troubling for a true Christian. What’s going on here?!

80 posted on 11/25/2020, 10:31:13 AM by AmericanInTokyo (Congratulations to Jim Donohue on his acceptance to Nanyang Technology University, Singapore! )

Oh sure, now Freep is in favor of illegal immigrants stealing an election.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

quote:

To: rktman
My drooling father in law voted for Biden because “Trump put children in cages.” The he dumped in his diapers again.

41 posted on 11/25/2020, 12:01:08 PM by Luke21 (Elections you say? We get them next election? )

quote:

He’s azz-deep in the voter fraud BS.
He needs Chairman Jao to win to keep him out of jail.

43 posted on 11/25/2020, 12:12:53 PM by lgjhn23 (Libs are a virus.....the DemoVirus!!)
I do like Chairman Jao for Biden, even if it takes a bit to realize that's the reference.

quote:

Thats the way Jug Ears, keep on talking down to those Americans of Hispanic heritage. All we gotta do is change a few more per cent of them to the conservative side and your JUG EARED rear end will be grass.

48 posted on 11/25/2020, 12:35:28 PM by crz
Really into Obama's ears this guy.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Trump canceled his participation so it's just Rudy alone. Maybe. No one knows.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Sarcastr0 posted:

I do like Chairman Jao for Biden, even if it takes a bit to realize that's the reference.

Joe Bid-Enlai

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Mantis42 posted:

Joe Bid-Enlai

Hirohit-Joe

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Baron Har-joe-nnen

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Joe-seph Stalin

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Jo Pot

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Hermann Joerring.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

As a true christian I believe that the burning of joan of arc for crossdressing was justified by the english church.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Joesama bin Biden

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

And Kamala Sheik Muhammad to go along with that, eventually.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Joe HUSSEIN Biden

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

Jose Luxembiden

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Joe gotti Biden

Yeah you know these people are gonna call kamala a secret muslim because all brown people look the same in their eyes

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
It really is amazing the disconnect from reality some of these people have. I have no idea what this great news they all keep talking about is. Apparently neither do several other freepers.

Best.Election.Ever? (yeah, I ponied up for the vanity)

quote:

To: nesnah
yesterday i was 99.999% sure. today I’m 100% sure he will make it. He really did catch them and those military units directly under his command are busy

2 posted on 11/25/2020, 3:26:14 PM by Steve Van Doorn (*in my best Eric Cartman voice* 'I love you, guys')

quote:

To: Steve Van Doorn
I for one can’t stop smiling!

4 posted on 11/25/2020, 3:31:28 PM by Boardwalk (Lets)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]
Apparently it costs :10bux: to post a vanity on freep?

quote:

In my pathetic life, One of my Few enjoyments is telling people to donate the 10 bucks.

You couldn’t even let me have that.

:)

Next week should be very interesting

7 posted on 11/25/2020, 3:36:02 PM by dp0622 (Tried a coup, a fake tax story, tramp slander, Russia nonsense, impeachment and a virus. They lost.)

quote:

It’s hard to replicate the pure joy of 2016’s election night win and the misery of Hillary’s supporter. But, I’ll admit I’d get a thrill up my leg to see Alito flip PA, and then Thomas flip GA, Kavanaugh flip MI, and then for icing on the cake watch ACB flip WI.

9 posted on 11/25/2020, 3:38:26 PM by Mozzafiato

quote:

Today was a good news day.

10 posted on 11/25/2020, 3:39:27 PM by Pollard (Bunch of curmudgeons)

quote:

I suppose it could be said that 2020 is the year that the wheat is being separated from the chaff.

MAGA

14 posted on 11/25/2020, 3:43:27 PM by LastDayz (A blunt and brazen Texan. I will not be assimilated.)

quote:

To: RooRoobird20
Everyone should notice a major change in the wind in early December. Trump has this

18 posted on 11/25/2020, 4:04:07 PM by Steve Van Doorn (*in my best Eric Cartman voice* 'I love you, guys')
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

I had the same happy thought today.
Best election ever.

It has been a tumultuous few weeks, but well worth the drama if President Trump bags every treasonous RINO, the demoncrat party, and propaganda press in one short season.

Continued prayers for this man and all the warriors fighting on our behalf.

25 posted on 11/25/2020, 5:35:13 PM by SisterK (its a spiritual war )

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I do wonder what happens in January when Biden is inaugurated. I'm sure we'll be hearing 4+ years of whining about "rigged elections" but I just don't know what they expect to happen. It's like they're waiting around for the Rapture.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well they do seem to think the Supreme Court is going to save them. Which would be possible if this was like Bush but this isn’t.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

I think freepers are happy over this:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/pennsylvania/articles/2020-11-25/pennsylvania-judge-orders-halt-to-further-vote-certification

I don't even know what's going on anymore. Is PA certified, or not?

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Zwabu posted:

I think freepers are happy over this:

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/pennsylvania/articles/2020-11-25/pennsylvania-judge-orders-halt-to-further-vote-certification

I don't even know what's going on anymore. Is PA certified, or not?

PA is already certified.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
In any cult, there are levels of devotion. There are people who will sit and listen, donate time and money, or even go out and preach for the cult. Then there are people who will let the cult leader gently caress their wives.

Freep is the first group. The_Donald is the second.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
YouTube suspends and demonetizes Trump's favored network One America News for a week after it falsely claimed COVID-19 has a cure [The War on Hydroxychloroquine Continues]

quote:

To: SeekAndFind
We watched this segment, on OANN, and were thrilled that they were covering/reporting on HCQ (still).

Just can’t have a successful, inexpensive treatment or prophylactic out there, can we?

4 posted on 11/25/2020, 8:56:59 PM by Jane Long (Praise God, from whom ALL blessings flow.)

quote:

Keep praying in the Name of Jesus that the evil masked by darkness will be exposed and that the Lord will protect those who are standing for righteousness and the sovereignty of the United States of America.

5 posted on 11/25/2020, 9:05:12 PM by Maudeen (If you were to die in the next few minutes, where will you spend Eternity? Worth thinking about.)

Look at this delicate ❄

quote:

Are there more tolerant or even conservative versions of YouTube? Might be the right time to create a few choices for those with the money and knowledge. I think YouTube is partially owned by Google; one of the biggest censors around.

8 posted on 11/25/2020, 9:15:58 PM by lee martell

quote:

To: lee martell
RE: Are there more tolerant or even conservative versions of YouTube?

Yes, try : https://rumble.com/

This is where people are flocking to nowadays.

10 posted on 11/25/2020, 9:23:06 PM by SeekAndFind
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Jane Long
the left are responsible for the vast majority of deaths i n this country because they banned HCQ and falsely claimed it was ‘too dangerous to take’ when in reality aspirin is far more dangerous than HCQ

Try finding how many people have died as a dire t result of HCQ- then look up aspirin- you’ll find all kinds of sites with stats- but I couldn’t find hardly any on HCQ that weren’t obscure-

3000 people on average die of aspirin each year- but again, try finding how many die strictly from HCQ, and NOT from taking HCQ while also battling covid

In all of france, only 4 deaths were thought to be from HCQ- You look up dangerous side effects of HCQ and they state it is ‘very rare’

I can’t find numbers on deaths due strictly to HCQ in folks before the pandemic broke out

14 posted on 11/25/2020, 9:42:51 PM by Bob434
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]
Thinking this as we're approaching 300k dead :shepface:

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

That last one requires some truly novel ignorance of math.

Drug that basically everyone has in their medicine cabinet has more deaths vaguely related to it than obscure lupus drug that no one knew about until now and we're strictly limiting it to deaths in the last 7 months. Yeah no poo poo those are going to wind up being different numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Not defend Freep but I've read Doctors say that Aspirin would never be approved as a medicine today, it's far too dangerous.

http://archive.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2010/06/28/the_myth_of_the_perfect_drug/