Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Virtual Russian posted:

I only lived in southern Ontario three years, but I clearly developed Southern Ontario syndrome and just assume everyone else knows all the names of places there.

Welcome to BC, eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Virtual Russian posted:

Yeah, I've been mostly happy with my decision to move to BC. Cost of living vs KW is somewhat brutal, but I've managed to already get a major promotion and pay raise at my new job. Plus it's work in my field, which had dried up in KW.

Too bad you moved I had made a post awhile back asking if you wanted some free beer. I hadn't used your username because I forgot what it was then someone other clown ended up PMing and being a weirdo.

Missed out bub!

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Saalkin posted:

Too bad you moved I had made a post awhile back asking if you wanted some free beer. I hadn't used your username because I forgot what it was then someone other clown ended up PMing and being a weirdo.

Missed out bub!

I remember that, I had a lot on my plate what with everything crumbling around me. So glad I got out of grocery and back into my field. That was such a demoralizing situation. It was so nice to start a new job, and have them immediately realize I know what I'm doing and pay me way more/put me in charge.

I've been chatting online with Sobeys employees country wide, what they did at my store was done across the country. The bulk of the "hero pay" got tied to working over twenty hours, and everyone not on contract got cut to 19.5 hours. It was absolutely a policy put in place.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

Virtual Russian posted:

I only lived in southern Ontario three years, but I clearly developed Southern Ontario syndrome and just assume everyone else knows all the names of places there.

You're only in the terminal stages of this if you talk about London or Paris outside of an obviously Ontarian context and expect people will know you're talking about the Ontario ones.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
the skydome is the CN's tower's testicle, if they're going to do anything they should build a second one beside it. maybe make it slightly larger.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
When they say dedicated baseball stadium I guess it’ll be open air right, that seems to be the way it is going. It is a much nicer type of venue for baseball but makes the land completely unusable for the shittier half of the year, weather wise.

I dunno that’s Ontario problems. we got BC place with a new rear end sphincter roof so all set! The stories of the jumbo tron blinding nearby condo owners seem to have died down, sadly.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

prom candy posted:

the skydome is the CN's tower's testicle, if they're going to do anything they should build a second one beside it. maybe make it slightly larger.

I always thought of it as the yonic equivalent of the CN tower's lingam, what with the suggestive opening of the roof and all.

Does this count as posting horny?

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

drat horror queefs posted:

I always thought of it as the yonic equivalent of the CN tower's lingam, what with the suggestive opening of the roof and all.

Does this count as posting horny?

hottt

priznat posted:

When they say dedicated baseball stadium I guess it’ll be open air right, that seems to be the way it is going. It is a much nicer type of venue for baseball but makes the land completely unusable for the shittier half of the year, weather wise.

I dunno that’s Ontario problems. we got BC place with a new rear end sphincter roof so all set! The stories of the jumbo tron blinding nearby condo owners seem to have died down, sadly.

i would hope they would do a dome again, makes no sense not to here. at least they're not trying to put it in mississauga

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

prom candy posted:

hottt

i would hope they would do a dome again, makes no sense not to here. at least they're not trying to put it in mississauga

i agree it wouldn’t make sense to not do a dome, but that is the vibe I got from the articles on it. pretty much all the baseball only stadiums are open air it seems.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

I look forward to the Blue Jays Stadium in Newmarket:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

prom candy posted:

sure, but on the other hand a dome is really expensive, and if the taxpayer isn't footing the bill, i can't see rogers and friends stumping up more cash than absolutely necessary

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
oh I'm sure public money will end up paying for it

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
who knew the side effect of everyone carrying instant hd video cameras in our pockets would result in no one helping someone who is needlessly getting the poo poo beat of them for no reason

https://twitter.com/cbcnewsbc/status/1332155433352527874?s=20

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
would have been a real shame if someone cracked that guy on the head with a baseball bat, I definitely wouldn’t recommend that type of behaviour against violent anti maskers

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

DariusLikewise posted:

who knew the side effect of everyone carrying instant hd video cameras in our pockets would result in no one helping someone who is needlessly getting the poo poo beat of them for no reason

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Give workers the legal right to shoot people not wearing masks on sight.

Im not even joking.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

One of the few things I learned at university is that joining someone else's fight by yourself is a great way to catch a knife

Being a friend, share the fun

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

abolish the police

https://twitter.com/JakeKivanc/status/1332385843454078976

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Ah, the ideal way to deal with a kidnapping- kill all those kidnapped.

Gee, I can't figure out why people want to defund the police!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

everything between the cascades and the maritimes is unsalvageable

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Everyone should report the BBQAnon guy's GFM for illegal activities and false statements

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

jesus christ 200k for that idiot?? man people are terrible

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

report the campaign so those poor swindled donors can get their money back. we're doing them a favour

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

Have you been to the maritimes?!?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Kazinsal posted:

Let's be honest, at this point everything between the Pacific and the Atlantic is unsalvageable.

Edit: apparently my tablet thinks unsalvageable is not a word but insalvagable is?

Randalor has issued a correction as of 06:51 on Nov 28, 2020

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
E: joke that wasn't funny

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Randalor posted:

Let's be honest, at this point everything between the Pacific and the Atlantic is unsalvageable.

Edit: apparently my tablet thinks unsalvageable is not a word but insalvagable is?

A mari usque ad mare.

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

DariusLikewise posted:

I wonder if the people who whine constantly about lenient sentences will make any noise about this guy's inevitable slap on the wrist.

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

DariusLikewise posted:

holy ever living gently caress that dude was disabled. there are actual monsters walking among us.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
The bystander effect is real. That's why you gotta jump in everytime, and hopefully convince other people to help you, but you have to lead in that type of situation. Somebody has to, might as well be you. "It's none of your business" is the mantra of a coward.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Doctor posted:

holy ever living gently caress that dude was disabled. there are actual monsters walking among us.
the fascist "pro life" crowd - who have always hated disabled people - are waging eugenic warfare on everyone

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ardent Communist posted:

The bystander effect is real. That's why you gotta jump in everytime, and hopefully convince other people to help you, but you have to lead in that type of situation. Somebody has to, might as well be you. "It's none of your business" is the mantra of a coward.

Yeah, that dude could have safely been run down with a shopping cart. Plenty of handy bludgeons around in that video. You don't just let someone continue their vicious beating and record it on camera, he could have killed his victim.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Ardent Communist posted:

Rutibex posted:

Yeah, that dude could have safely been run down with a shopping cart. Plenty of handy bludgeons around in that video. You don't just let someone continue their vicious beating and record it on camera, he could have killed his victim.

People are afraid they'll end up jumping in and then fighting some psycho alone. The trick is to grab someone by the shoulder and say something like "we gotta help this person" and then head in. Once two people get involved the odds more people will help increase ime.

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
I’m probably about as goony as they come and have absolutely zero self defence training but I’m a pretty big guy and feel I could have easily grabbed that dude from behind and locked his arms in place at least. Yeah, I’m probably doing some hero fantasizing but goddamn that poo poo just makes me absolutely sick to my stomach.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I don’t know how I would act in the moment but I can tell that if I tried to break something up, catch a fist the wrong way and go down and become a vegetable leaving my wife to look after the kids she would surely finish me off with a hospital pillow.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

priznat posted:

I don’t know how I would act in the moment but I can tell that if I tried to break something up, catch a fist the wrong way and go down and become a vegetable leaving my wife to look after the kids she would surely finish me off with a hospital pillow.

drat you got a good wife

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Doctor posted:

I’m probably about as goony as they come and have absolutely zero self defence training but I’m a pretty big guy and feel I could have easily grabbed that dude from behind and locked his arms in place at least. Yeah, I’m probably doing some hero fantasizing but goddamn that poo poo just makes me absolutely sick to my stomach.

Grab the belt, grab the collar, heave ho. I've broken up a bar fight doing that, you toss the person on top to the side, and 99.9% of the time they will become clear headed and stop. If not, run. You're not helping anyone by getting stabbed.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Roussin yesterday: I think we see that the numbers are plateauing in Manitoba at 300ish and now we just need to see it drop.

Today: 487 cases.

Somewhere Roussin is screaming "gently caress" really loud

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Theyre still not gonna close schools though.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Someone last summer got killed in one punch by some dickhead that raged out because he was taking too long backing in a trailer. Fist fights can be fatal so gently caress fair fights. If I gotta fight I'm using something heavy and/or sharp and attacking from behind if possible.

That style of fighting might be fine if someone goes after me or my family but it's gonna land me in prison if I use it to try to stop a fight between some random rear end in a top hat and a store worker. Sorry bro not my monkey not my circus I'ma stand over here and call 911.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6O38-5FEf4

why this army guy and not someone who actually knows this stuff