Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Seams posted:

If you like AC games but hate the Assassin gameplay part of it, you’ll like Valhalla.

Hmmmm...but I like the assassin part of it. I mean is there still like...stealth? And the like? So no cult to dismantle this time around or anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Mekchu posted:

i think the polish people get to be bleak because that's their whole gimmick.
Forgive my lewd terms but studying history is often "and how did Poland get spit roasted by the cocks of europe this century?"

But then Europe sucks so bad

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
how many polish people does it take to develop a video game

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Seams posted:

If you like AC games but hate the Assassin gameplay part of it, you’ll like Valhalla.

This is a big selling point to me tbh

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

ItohRespectArmy posted:

all I've played for like the last 2 weeks is sid meier's pirates and card games.

gently caress yeah pirates is one of my all time favs

ChrisBTY posted:

Also; Video Game breasts > Cartoon breasts. Cartoon Breasts just...they go too far sometimes.

Soul Caliber 2 is like right there my dude

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Speaking of Cartoon Boobs, I watched Mind Game on Crunchyroll earlier today and I was surprised to see that it had about equal amounts of on screen breasts and on screen cock.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

ChrisBTY posted:

Hmmmm...but I like the assassin part of it. I mean is there still like...stealth? And the like? So no cult to dismantle this time around or anything?

You can do stealth but it’s pointless when you can take on tonnes of enemies at once in combat. There’s a cult but you don’t need a stealthy approach to get to them. There are these enemies called Zealots who I guess are similar to the mercenaries in Odyssey but in this game are in the cult but the game literally prevents you from using stealth attacks on them. There’s a massive talent tree with maybe like two stealth talents and they’re both poo poo and useless. It’s a game based on melee and bow combat with timing based attacks and dodges. There aren’t multiple ways to go about your mission objectives and even if there were it wouldn’t make a difference because the best solution is to just charge your enemies and hit them with an axe.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Seth Rollins posted:

how many polish people does it take to develop a video game

2 to crunch, 1 to whip the crunchers and 1 to tweet about how sorry they are for using crunch

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I Before E posted:

Speaking of Cartoon Boobs, I watched Mind Game on Crunchyroll earlier today and I was surprised to see that it had about equal amounts of on screen breasts and on screen cock.

i like that 1

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You, a group of dullards: talking about video game breasts and eastern bloc nations

Me, a cultured intellectual: watching the Cookie Carnival

https://youtu.be/SRB2YlQOSBI

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

NienNunb posted:

You, a group of dullards: talking about video game breasts and eastern bloc nations

Me, a cultured intellectual: watching the Cookie Carnival

https://youtu.be/SRB2YlQOSBI

I wonder if "Silly Symphony" and "Looney Tunes" was supposed to parallel each other. It must have right?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Wrestling and Video Games have extremely toxic online communities.

However, ya'll are cool and enjoy talking both video games and wrestling (in other threads) with all of you.

I did go back to Yakuza 0. I think they patched out the autosave feature in the INI. I couldn't get it working. Looking forward to playing more of it during the next few weeks.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

I wonder if "Silly Symphony" and "Looney Tunes" was supposed to parallel each other. It must have right?

Even more hosed when you consider Looney Tunes was also known as Merry Melodies.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

Even more hosed when you consider Looney Tunes was also known as Merry Melodies.

if you can't handle my looney tunes you deserve not my merry melodies

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

Wrestling and Video Games have extremely toxic online communities.

This is big truth, ya'll are great to talk to about these things and even music? All the toxic communities are generally chill as hell here. sorry for the double post. goodnight!

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

mariooncrack posted:

I did go back to Yakuza 0. I think they patched out the autosave feature in the INI. I couldn't get it working. Looking forward to playing more of it during the next few weeks.

I don't remember Yakuza 0 ever having an autosave, and afaik the ini tweak is for anywhere save, not automatic save. That said, I could be wrong, as I was A-OK with save points since I knew that going in.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

this is the correct way to eat pizza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brx3TikoO_s

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gamers harassing devs over little things is far more insane to me than the greedy of a corporation, comrade. Especially when those doing the harassment claim they love the game.

Thats why I play DF and yell about werewolves on Twitter.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Nov 30, 2020

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is the avengers game worth it for 30 bucks

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It's worth you being paid 30 bucks per minute to play it

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

It's another picture of my precious Kitteh. Not the best picture, but it's good because I have made a miracle breakthrough in cat throne technology. Folding a blanket over on a wooden TV tray still makes the TV tray a little too hard for my arthritic old lady. But I still had a bunch of slack so I tried folding it an additional time and then throwing another folded blanket underneath it for a nicer, softer throne. She's been laying like this for the last 45 minutes or so. She is a sleepy comfy Kitteh.

I am both very proud of this and am beating myself up for not thinking of this sooner.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's a marvel in it's animation, it's ability to mesh together all these different cartoons, it's ability to tell an interesting story, and it's just absolute weird cartoon horniness.

Also it has Donald Duck and Daffy Duck trying to do a duet and absolutely losing their poo poo at each other, which makes it objectively God's most perfect creation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSIw0nD5GT0

:hellyeah:

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

With ACV they’ll give you in option sometimes to sneak in and kill someone like an Assassin OR blow your horn and your longboat full of Vikings will just attack with you and well, you can guess which is more fun.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Artelier posted:

I don't remember Yakuza 0 ever having an autosave, and afaik the ini tweak is for anywhere save, not automatic save. That said, I could be wrong, as I was A-OK with save points since I knew that going in.

You're right, it was save anywhere. I just misremembered it.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Someone purchased an excellent new smilie :vincefrog:

I’m not entirely sure where this could be useful but I like it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

The Stroker Ace posted:

With ACV they’ll give you in option sometimes to sneak in and kill someone like an Assassin OR blow your horn and your longboat full of Vikings will just attack with you and well, you can guess which is more fun.

yeah the first option lol

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

a cyborg mug posted:

it's beautiful

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/frenziedandfine/status/1333089749045829637

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha, go Bella!

a cyborg mug posted:

Oh my God I love that so much.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sounds like a good PLAN as long as she has a little FAITH

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Somebody should give her SOME MONEY

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

Somebody should give her SOME MONEY

She could then BUY a ticket to TAHITI!

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’m generally a Zelda game fan but I’ve held off on buying Link’s Awakening for the Switch because it was $60. Now that it’s $40, I’m busy being a Viking.

What do you guys think about that game?

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

links awakening is the only zelda game where the producers said in interviews that it was directly inspired in part by twin peaks, so by process of elimination it is the best zelda game of all time

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Captain Magic posted:

I’m generally a Zelda game fan but I’ve held off on buying Link’s Awakening for the Switch because it was $60. Now that it’s $40, I’m busy being a Viking.

What do you guys think about that game?

It's a top 3 zelda game for me on the gameboy and the new art style is very well done. It's basically identical to the original but much prettier with a few tiny quality of life things in there. If you remember the dungeons it won't take you long to complete at all, but if you've never played it at all or don't remember much it's still one of the best 2D Zelda's to ever come out in my mind.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Where's all this DOUBT coming from...Arthur?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Eat My Fuc posted:

It's a top 3 zelda game for me on the gameboy
my homeboy

the FFL2/FFL3 remake lands in two weeks. I'm kinda tempted though I imagine GB games on the switch suck.

Also I'm thinking of loaning my switch to my friend's eight year old daughter so she doesn't start dropkicking him in the head when they extend out winter break for reasons. Not sure how to kid proof a switch though.

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 1, 2020

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

my homeboy

the FFL2/FFL3 remake lands in two weeks. I'm kinda tempted though I imagine GB games on the switch suck.

I had no idea about the remake holy poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

link's awakening is the third best zelda. link's awakening dx is the best zelda. wahaha. never played the remake. heard it has a disappointing framerate sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Apparently you can solve some of the framerate issues by installing it to an SD card or... something

Eat My Fuc posted:

I had no idea about the remake holy poo poo
Oh wait, it's a remaster, there's ALSO a remake.