Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Adventuring in the Land of No Pants. Man, this is the most...3-D RPG I've played. I don't recall climbing being such a large factor in any game I've played before. Running around, picking fights, falling to my death off cliffs, trying to get a hang of this elemental mix thing (hit them with one element, then another for big damage is all I see). No idea what this "swirl' thing does, besides damage.

(I never played Breath of the Wild, so not familiar with that.)

Questions:
What do I do with all this gold mora? Have 500k, and no idea what it's even spent on.

In order to ascend Kaeya, I need Treasure Hoarder insignia. But they're way tf over in Liyue, and I haven't been anywhere near there. How do I get some? (and WHY is there such a stupid requirement?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don't want to do this quest if Paimon isn't speaking. :colbert:

Cobalt-60 posted:

Adventuring in the Land of No Pants. Man, this is the most...3-D RPG I've played. I don't recall climbing being such a large factor in any game I've played before. Running around, picking fights, falling to my death off cliffs, trying to get a hang of this elemental mix thing (hit them with one element, then another for big damage is all I see). No idea what this "swirl' thing does, besides damage.

(I never played Breath of the Wild, so not familiar with that.)

Questions:
What do I do with all this gold mora? Have 500k, and no idea what it's even spent on.

In order to ascend Kaeya, I need Treasure Hoarder insignia. But they're way tf over in Liyue, and I haven't been anywhere near there. How do I get some? (and WHY is there such a stupid requirement?)

Its a shameless botw ripoff, but thats cool because more things should be shameless ripoffs of good games.

Mora is almost exclusively spent on leveling characters/weapons/artifacts. You don't need to look for places its all in your menu. There's a bunch of shops around but its mostly for nothing cooking garbage.

And don't ascend starting characters too much. Like its fine if you do but for the most part they are less useful than anyone you can get from banners.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Delacroix posted:

Good on you, now find out what's their signature dishes. :toot:

Jueyun Chili Chicken for Xinyan and Bamboo Shoot Soup for Zhongli, both are up on the wiki.

Mailer posted:

So yeah, for anyone wanting to farm for Witch artifacts the requirement is Chong. You get Chong, ascend him to at least one WL below you, some ok artifacts, and this is how you get fire gear. :mihoyo:

tbh you don't need to buy into the melt gimmick at all. so long as you bring water to break the shields and dispel auras you can use any DPS but just want to be careful about electro. XQ being a great support makes him a natural choice unless you're limited to Barbara who also does fine.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Cobalt-60 posted:

Questions:

You will mostly use it to level up characters, artifacts, and weapons. You're gonna run out, trust me.

quote:

There's nothing stopping you, you can just get over there right now if you want! Treasure Hoarders are all over the place there. That requirement is precisely to make you explore the world. But there's no rush, you don't have to ascend him right away.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Osmosisch posted:

The level 90 noblesse domain is loving me up. It's frankly embarrassing how bad I apparently am at fighting these abyss mages once they come with extra effects. I've tried a bunch of teams and prioritising different mages, but I always end up getting careless once a shield is down and getting 100-0d.

At least there's some challenge, but it sucks having to res/heal the team up after every failure.

Eventually Diluc or Keqing will carry me through this, but until then I'm just going to complain a bit.

Fire mage needs to go first because of his nasty aura. If you can't burst him down in one go though you need to play really slow and methodical because there's just a shitton of obnoxious "if you stand in this area on the floor you die" stuff going on and you'll have to try to wait for opportunities to do damage safely. Bringing geo traveler or Noelle might actually be a good idea not only because of the bonus to geo damage, but also because shields increase the margin of error by a lot. Also the food hotkey item you get from Mondstadt reputation helps quite a bit. Once you get the fire mage down dealing with the other two is a lot easier, and you can just pick one (ideally the cryo) to chain stagger to prevent them from getting their shield back up.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

kater posted:

And don't ascend starting characters too much. Like its fine if you do but for the most part they are less useful than anyone you can get from banners.

I've seen Kaeya used in the deepest levels of Spiral Abyss (and not just by Enviosity, but in real non-poverty team comps). He has his issues but he's more than playable if you like his style.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheFluff posted:

Fire mage needs to go first because of his nasty aura. If you can't burst him down in one go though you need to play really slow and methodical because there's just a shitton of obnoxious "if you stand in this area on the floor you die" stuff going on and you'll have to try to wait for opportunities to do damage safely. Bringing geo traveler or Noelle might actually be a good idea not only because of the bonus to geo damage, but also because shields increase the margin of error by a lot. Also the food hotkey item you get from Mondstadt reputation helps quite a bit. Once you get the fire mage down dealing with the other two is a lot easier, and you can just pick one (ideally the cryo) to chain stagger to prevent them from getting their shield back up.

I can confirm that having a geo character for the shields is a massive help there. All the damage is elemental too.

I'm using Ning as my main DPS most of the time and the whole domain is just so much less threatening when you have shields on all the time.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah i've seen some impressive physical carry Kaeya stuff, as long as you're building towards that he should perform well. 1.2 cryo artifacts may give him more options in the future. worst case he's still a good source of cryo application so getting him up to lv60/70 is not a waste to have all passives unlocked.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

dogsicle posted:

tbh you don't need to buy into the melt gimmick at all. so long as you bring water to break the shields and dispel auras you can use any DPS but just want to be careful about electro. XQ being a great support makes him a natural choice unless you're limited to Barbara who also does fine.

This is specifically the AR40 version. All electric slimes and my carry is fire. If the AR45 one is all fire mages, sweet.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mailer posted:

This is specifically the AR40 version. All electric slimes and my carry is fire. If the AR45 one is all fire mages, sweet.

well that would explain it :doh:

i hadn't touched it before this month and it is surprisingly simple when taken in comparison to something like AR45 Noblesse's mage trio

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mailer posted:

I still use my klee on the 40 one, because I just burst things down and swap to jean to take the hit.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
The community outrage over Zhongli is kind of hilarious. Do people just want insane power creep so soon after the game's release?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

moush posted:

The community outrage over Zhongli is kind of hilarious. Do people just want insane power creep so soon after the game's release?

gacha brain requires new op stuff to roll on with short intervals to keep skinner box stimuli going

playing a gacha game isn't about playing the actual game itself, it's about having the biggest collection of the most valuable waifu jpegs

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Bussamove posted:

Focus on getting both shields down first if you can, then go to town on one for a bit. It's way easier when one of them isn't still horking their bullshit ice clouds at you.

Also consider a geo unit for shields to trivialize those ice clouds.

Here's the stylish and cool way to farm Noblesse

https://streamable.com/w9mwhc

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Oh gently caress yeah, Zhongli mining is the way to go. Can't believe I used to whack away at ores with a claymore like some sort of primitive.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

gandlethorpe posted:

Here's the stylish and cool way to farm Noblesse

https://streamable.com/w9mwhc

Holy crap you can have the hydro guy not aggro? Sick, gonna try this.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Osmosisch posted:

Holy crap you can have the hydro guy not aggro? Sick, gonna try this.

Yeah, if you just run straight towards the entrance after starting the challenge, the Cryo and Pyro dudes should teleport to you at the same and close enough together to do some swirl tricks. Hydro just chills until you get up close to him.

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Ashenai posted:

Oh gently caress yeah, Zhongli mining is the way to go. Can't believe I used to whack away at ores with a claymore like some sort of primitive.

Razor's E does the same thing if you hold it (for anyone that doesn't have Zhongli)

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Pulled once last night, got Zhongli and Xinyan. My first 5 star, woo!

Currently my team is traveler/c2 fischl/c2 barbara/c1 amber. I've also got Kaeya, Lisa, Ningguang, Xiangling, and Xingqui. With all those characters, what are some good team setups? I'm pretty much winging it so far. (Assume I'm a long way from getting everybody 5 star equipment, or even improving four star gear for them).

Also, is there any way to advance constellations other than dupes in wishing? I'm operating off the assumption I'll never draw dupe 5 star characters.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Is there outrage over his release? He seems to be pretty nuts from the stuff I've been doing with him. The pillars don't really do too much for me, but the shield/petrify let me just go nuts with Klee because I can just blindly focus on her micro instead of having to kite or chase things.

I've still got another +50% hp or so on the rest of my artifacts, so I should probably be hitting ~35k health with him which will translate into shields at about 13k health and his meteor doing something around 13-14k on the drop that can pretty reliably be coming down every 10 seconds.

I don't really see him as a DPS carry, so maybe people are trying to build him like that and are facing disappointment. I feel like his passive geo % bonus doesn't really suit him in that role, because it means you'd be relying on his skill and burst anyway to deal damage, versus having a character like Klee, Razor, etc. who actually have passives that feed into their normal attacks.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The outrage is the weird va I’m pretty sure.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Boo, his stele doesn't work for pressure plates, which seems ridiculous but aight.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah, if you just run straight towards the entrance after starting the challenge, the Cryo and Pyro dudes should teleport to you at the same and close enough together to do some swirl tricks. Hydro just chills until you get up close to him.

Thank you. That did the trick.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

kater posted:

The outrage is the weird va I’m pretty sure.

Oh, lmao. Soft spoken funeral parlor man becomes dynasty warrior grunting machine.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Ashenai posted:

Boo, his stele doesn't work for pressure plates, which seems ridiculous but aight.
His story quest requires that you use them for pressure plates, so it would be surprising if that didn't work outside of it. But I wouldn't be surprised if they had weird hitbox issues like geo MC orb.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Ashenai posted:

It should? Like, in the quest you're to use the steles to activate 2 pressure plates to open a door.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I still use my klee on the 40 one, because I just burst things down and swap to jean to take the hit.

Yeah, stuff would be different if I had a 5* healer but oof. The solution is Chong and he's magical. Bonus points for owning Oceanid in the face.

moush posted:

I mean, probably, but if I pulled for him I'd probably be a bit miffed. Mechanics-wise, pulling Diluc and pulling ZL is massively different. The 5* supports we've seen have been best in class at their jobs. Ditto for the 5* carries. Jean is a bit of an outlier but she fits into every team so she's definitely a 5*. Childe, in the non-C6 sense, is not there. Zhong Li is also not there.

Diluc/Klee/Keqing are a terrible baseline to have, but Mihoyo created it, so there ya go.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Keqing is imo a reasonable baseline. She has real downsides like the worst normal attack scaling for a sword user in the game, has crit dmg as an ascension stat with an element that can't do crit reactions (still best ascension stat ofc), requires stamina to do real damage which just isn't a resource worth burning most of the time, and is a one-handed sword user. She's roughly comparable in power to ZL, Tartaglia, Jean, Qiqi, and Mona imo (Mona is theoretically the best of this group for late game, but requires some management and buildaround).

It's really Venti/Diluc/Klee performing their role too well with no trade offs (I guess Klee's downside is not being enjoyable for a lot of players). They do everything they're supposed to do better than anyone, nobody bothers arguing whether Diluc or Klee is better because they both don't have real drawbacks. I don't know how you could design dozens of characters in a compelling way when they don't have weaknesses so I'm not upset that other five stars have weaknesses, but I also own two of these characters so it's easier to be cool with it.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Dec 2, 2020

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009

Ashenai posted:

it does

https://streamable.com/vls0gf

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

So, turns out that if your internet decides to go a bit wonky when you're picking up rewards in a domain, you just get kicked out without getting the stuff you didn't pick up. Used up a condensed and didn't even get to see what trash 5*s I managed to get :argh: I worked real hard catching that crystalfly!

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar

Commoners posted:

Is there outrage over his release? He seems to be pretty nuts from the stuff I've been doing with him. The pillars don't really do too much for me, but the shield/petrify let me just go nuts with Klee because I can just blindly focus on her micro instead of having to kite or chase things.

I've still got another +50% hp or so on the rest of my artifacts, so I should probably be hitting ~35k health with him which will translate into shields at about 13k health and his meteor doing something around 13-14k on the drop that can pretty reliably be coming down every 10 seconds.

I don't really see him as a DPS carry, so maybe people are trying to build him like that and are facing disappointment. I feel like his passive geo % bonus doesn't really suit him in that role, because it means you'd be relying on his skill and burst anyway to deal damage, versus having a character like Klee, Razor, etc. who actually have passives that feed into their normal attacks.

The rage posting is all on reddit, where geo daddy was deemed worthless after he was changed from the earlier leaks of him

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Diluc's downside is that every so often you become lucid and realize how boring he is to play until the next stupidly big vaped crit hits

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
So I'm finally in the position to start burning through all my fragile resin, but since I picked up four new characters yesterday, I can't actually decide if I should focus on artifacts or materials to get them up to speed.

My general purpose team is Diluc/XL/Fischl/Barb. I have XQ and MC both on backup when somebody needs to be slotted out for whatever reason. Other than the freebies, my other characters are

C0: Diona, Beidou, Zhongli
C1: Xanyan, Razor
C3: Chongyun

I know that I for sure want to farm up Chongyun so I can blast through the pyro artifact dungeon for Diluc, but I'm a bit split on how to spend my resin otherwise. I do want to use Zhongli, but there's the snag of his best partner being Geo MC, and I've invested entirely in Anemo MC, and then I'd have to go gin up a ton of talent books.

Also as funny as it would be to make an Oops All Claymores team, it seems like that's not feasible right now, especially since I just don't have enough claymores to go around

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Did 39 pulls on the new banner yesterday, pulled three Chongyuns, only one Razor, and a 4-star spear.

A little disappointed (was not that interested in chongyun), I remembered I got a bunch of star stuff and bought the five Acquaint Fates for kicks. On my fourth roll pulled loving Diluc, and I wasn't even close to pity on the standard banner!

Now the grind begins to level him and a weapon up to 80. I already have a Childe I've invested in heavily, and Xiangling as a secondary DPS. I do kind of worry about resources on my now third DPS but gently caress it, I'm not going to not use my second 5-star

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I had a Keqing and Childe leveled and geared and am pumping the Diluc I pulled anyways. Pairing Childe with Diluc is supposed to be good because you can just take turns with their Es and ults for vaporizes. Ofc you can also move Xiangling to support (which is what she really excels at) and keep Childe as a primary.

As for weapon, my understanding for 4*s is BP weapon = Blackcliff > Aminus (the gacha 4* claymores are all weird).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 2, 2020

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

I was hoping to pull some Razors since he's my current DPS, but out of 40 rolls he's still C0 and my pity roll got me Dilluc, so I guess I'm switching to him. Between him, my C1 Bennet, the C2 Xinyan I pulled, and the Klee I've been leveling in the background I'm going to be farming PyroVine until the end off time though...

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

:kiss:

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Mailer posted:

So yeah, for anyone wanting to farm for Witch artifacts the requirement is Chong. You get Chong, ascend him to at least one WL below you, some ok artifacts, and this is how you get fire gear. :mihoyo:

I just tried the AR 40 domain last night with a freshly leveled klee. And i was like, drat I know her defense is bad but she died in like 3 seconds wtf. Then I exited and reread the domain description lol :downs:

Switched back to Razor, and while its a pain because of the electro enemies it's at least doable with Diona and Kaeya in tow. Even if they are underleveled.

Very glad i manged to pull Diona with my last pity on the childe banner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

inthesto posted:

I know that I for sure want to farm up Chongyun so I can blast through the pyro artifact dungeon for Diluc, but I'm a bit split on how to spend my resin otherwise. I do want to use Zhongli, but there's the snag of his best partner being Geo MC, and I've invested entirely in Anemo MC, and then I'd have to go gin up a ton of talent books.

You don't need constellations for the witch artifact domain, but you do need him leveled if not max leveled. He provides a solid carry for Oceanid and some floors in abyss so he's worth it.

Assuming one team you've obviously got Diluc on point. His big boosts will be XQ, Kaeya, Fischl and Barb. Probably in that order too. The big question is how to split your teams for abyss and that answer changes each floor.