Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Don't all of Steam forged KS games suck? Like literally all of them?

Guild Ball was good but everything since then has been deeply flawed to bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

HidaO-Win posted:

Guild Ball was good but everything since then has been deeply flawed to bad.

And apparently even Guild Ball wasn't good in what they thought was the 'right' way.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Never buy from Steamforged.

All of their games except Guildball suck, and they killed Guildball because people didn't play it "right".

They actually killed it because their plan was always to switch to the more profitable business model of dumping lovely licensed FOMO games onto Kickstarter, but somehow they thought making GBS threads on their fans was a better cover story.

Ogdred Weary
Jul 1, 2007

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs
I got my tracking link for Dale of Merchants. Getting the whole shebang. Excited.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

rydiafan posted:

Never buy from Steamforged.

All of their games except Guildball suck, and they killed Guildball because people didn't play it "right".

They actually killed it because their plan was always to switch to the more profitable business model of dumping lovely licensed FOMO games onto Kickstarter, but somehow they thought making GBS threads on their fans was a better cover story.

This is the literal, actual truth. I do also think there is a lot of truth in the excuse they gave re: they had literally designed themselves into a corner, but that's in large part because they fostered an environment with too many of the kinds of players that didn't play well in a community. There didn't end up being enough design space (lmao at this term for my WMH buddies out there) to write themselves out of the situation without doing a new version that would require a big rework. It just doesn't matter because the people in charge stopped giving a poo poo about anything except for the above.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is animal adventures bad too? The only thing I have from steamforged is some cats and catacombs stuff.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Sweeeeet, just got in the deck of Disposable Heroes by Sandy Pug Games.
...and I'm listed first in the special thanks! Awesome!

I'm loving the card art, it's totally giving me The World Ends With You pin vibes.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

Sweeeeet, just got in the deck of Disposable Heroes by Sandy Pug Games.
...and I'm listed first in the special thanks! Awesome!

I'm loving the card art, it's totally giving me The World Ends With You pin vibes.

I was today years old when I realized that would have been a fuckin' perfect reference to use in marketing and in design documents lmfao

glad you like the deck! Everyone should be getting theirs like, today-wednesday!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mine arrived at the mail forwarder in the US, should be up here by Friday!

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I was today years old when I realized that would have been a fuckin' perfect reference to use in marketing and in design documents lmfao

glad you like the deck! Everyone should be getting theirs like, today-wednesday!

Just realized I never answered my survey, so I just did that. Woops.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A French studio is trying to fund a game about early XX century labour movement and combining not dying of hunger with going on strikes

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yeastgames/which-side

First snag: their English translator put no other labour into his work save for using google translate.

Someone on bgg suggested promoting it on Parler

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

That person has microbadges for Karl Marx, Cornel West, and Doctors Without Borders.

Fascionating.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Received my copy of Alice Is Missing. Very high-quality components, new rulebook smell, very excited to get this quarantine-friendly game off the ground!

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

How has that kickstarter not namedropped Germinal? "Workers in France going on strike and trying to not starve" was a major part of the novel's plot.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Fragged Cyberpunk is up.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Welp, Lords of Vegas's inventory issues mean that anyone who pledged at the $1 tier and upgraded in pledge manager doesn't get the base game until 2022, since they aren't gonna pull the trigger on a new print run until Q3/Q4 2021. And on top of that, they're refusing to cancel pledges for people who don't want to get a box of expansions and upgrade components that they cannot use for a year+.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 2, 2020

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Say what you will about Critical Role, but you can't deny they are definitely doing a ton to keep Dungeons and Dragons as the dominant cultural force in roleplaying. I am in super deep in roleplaying stuff, but it still blows my mind when I hear random people talking about d&d out and about (well, more so pre Covid but still).

They are professionals and they produce a good product lots of people like.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Say what you will about Critical Role, but you can't deny they are definitely doing a ton to keep Dungeons and Dragons as the dominant cultural force in roleplaying.

And for this crime, they should be tried in an international court of law, but this isn't the industry thread. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 2, 2020

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I posted about my game way, way back when it was first on Kickstarter and a lot of goons here helped me out immensely. I'm thrilled to say my game, DEAD IN THE WEST, is finally out! Use "goonsgowest" here for a special discount on the game to say thanks for all the support: https://gumroad.com/deadinthewest

DEAD IN THE WEST is a game designed to feel like playing an old cowboy movie. Characters will be constantly hatching daring schemes, performing crazy stunts and going on adventures with larger-than-life characters. There's a really heavy emphasis on player character diversity and making each member of the party feel totally unique. The game is designed as such so that after a few sessions, no two player characters should play the same.

In terms of general advice, though: where do I go from here? How do I signal boost my game?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Lemon-Lime posted:

And for this crime, they should be tried in an international court of law, but this isn't the industry thread. :v:

:eyepop:

Uhh... Well... Did their Kickstarter ever end up producing anything? I know they raised a heap of cash but I never heard more after that.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Lord_Hambrose posted:

:eyepop:

Uhh... Well... Did their Kickstarter ever end up producing anything? I know they raised a heap of cash but I never heard more after that.

Supposedly Amazon picked it up but I haven't heard anything since.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Animation takes a ton of time. They've released a few videos on the process, most recently last week or the week before. Given that the campaign was for a single 22-minute episode and turned into an entire season, plus the whole Covid mess, it's understandable that the schedule has slipped.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They funded the origin story comics as stretch goals through that didn't they? Those are out in stores now. Back in August they announced Covid had just down their animation studio so they weren't going to make the scheduled release this fall. They said it should make it out in late winter early spring '21.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
There is about a day and a half left on my kickstarter, Dirt Dog. We're funded, so check it out if you are interested in a cute game about dogs running around in underground obstacle courses chasing after critters.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/580070528/dirt-dog

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone had a look at the rules for Shiver? Interested how it compares to something like Monster of the Week

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.

Hollandia posted:

Has anyone had a look at the rules for Shiver? Interested how it compares to something like Monster of the Week

I cancelled my pledge after following the progress until today. It just seems more invested in being a big cronchy campaign based game and not a focused horror experience. Lots of doo-dads and character options and crazy poo poo, but not much in the way of how all of that actually helps the game. I'll stick with Call of Cthulhu or whatever hot horror thing is in the indie market these days.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
*Something* bad is going on with Wormwood - kickstarters of expensive tables. They just posted a video that goes on about some reactor malfunction or malfunctioning weapons fire and that every else is fine and we're all fine now, everything's fine no nothings wrong no we can't tell you what's wrong why would anything be wrong?

I have a bad feeling I'm not going to get my table.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Dec 3, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think it's more they need to stop talking about flagrantly flaunting OHSA rules in front of their cameras, and talking about some of their employees weed habits.

He's also in a mask, when he normally isn't, so it might also be covid related.
Particularly if they aren't meeting their state mandates regarding face masks in the workplace.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

For the last year I've been working with some of the more prominent voices in the South East Asia RPG community. For those that don't know, Kickstarter does not allow people in many countries, including the entire SEA region, access to their platform and the money it brings in. By working together, and publishing through Sandy Pug Games, we're going to kickstart a compilation of three major games, plus (hopefully) a 10 game mini zine showcasing the RPGSEA community and their amazing work. Just got the preview page up today. Please give it a follow.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/our-shores-an-rpgsea-compilation

For anyone concerned, this won't interfere with any of my previous Kickstarters. My role here is purely administrative and takes up v little time.

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 3, 2020

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
holy poo poo yes I am so excited for this

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

I think it's more they need to stop talking about flagrantly flaunting OHSA rules in front of their cameras, and talking about some of their employees weed habits.

He's also in a mask, when he normally isn't, so it might also be covid related.
Particularly if they aren't meeting their state mandates regarding face masks in the workplace.

Yyyyyyeah they've posted a ton of videos with folks not wearing masks, and they just recently had both a video where a number of employees admitted, on camera, to having come to work high, and a video where the CEO of the company tells a line worker to disregard safety regulations if he feels like it.

So my guess is they're in legal hot water for one or both of those things.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Arcsech posted:

Yyyyyyeah they've posted a ton of videos with folks not wearing masks, and they just recently had both a video where a number of employees admitted, on camera, to having come to work high, and a video where the CEO of the company tells a line worker to disregard safety regulations if he feels like it.

This is some serious “Shake Hands with Danger” territory.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

For the last year I've been working with some of the more prominent voices in the South East Asia RPG community. For those that don't know, Kickstarter does not allow people in many countries, including the entire SEA region, access to their platform and the money it brings in. By working together, and publishing through Sandy Pug Games, we're going to kickstart a compilation of three major games, plus (hopefully) a 10 game mini zine showcasing the RPGSEA community and their amazing work. Just got the preview page up today. Please give it a follow.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sandypuggames/our-shores-an-rpgsea-compilation

For anyone concerned, this won't interfere with any of my previous Kickstarters. My role here is purely administrative and takes up v little time.

Neat project and Maharlika looked cool on itch.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Arcsech posted:

Having watched only the video where they poo poo on OHSA, and knowing nothing else about them, that guy gives major techbro vibes.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

All I can say is: even if they do succeed and somehow have a next KS, don’t give them any further money, you do not want to support people who violate OSHA standards knowingly.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

DalaranJ posted:

This is some serious “Shake Hands with Danger” territory.

I'm trying to remember but Wormwood is a woodworking shop right? Ignoring OSHA guidelines in something like is more Klaus the forklift driver territory.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

El Fideo posted:

Having watched only the video where they poo poo on OHSA, and knowing nothing else about them, that guy gives major techbro vibes.

That line about 'no longer being a startup' hit me right there too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bieeanshee posted:

That line about 'no longer being a startup' hit me right there too.

Yeah it has a certain "oh poo poo we need to start actually being responsible now?" vibe to it

I actually prepared some Safe Work Method Statements today, and the amount of paperwork that goes into even simple tasks is very lengthy.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.
The video itself comes across as a bad april fools joke. If they need to actually do the sort of introspection that he's saying they do, then they also need to have open and professional communication with their customer base. That video is absolutely not that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Fragged Cyberpunk is in its last 36 hours. I'm happy to see a week-long supplement kickstarter do so well, happy to see new Fragged material, and happy to have a new take on cyberpunk. It's also totally self contained, so if folks are interested in it but don't want to cross reference with another book, it's a good place to check out Fragged (especially in advance of the second edition).