Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Important development: I realized that lady I went on a date with is actually crazy busy because it's the end of the year and she's an accountant. We texted a bit tonight so things are still moving forwards.

tell her you need an audit, of your heart

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
Hi

Why do my armpits smell like french toast

I guess you are what you eat!!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Important development: I realized that lady I went on a date with is actually crazy busy because it's the end of the year and she's an accountant. We texted a bit tonight so things are still moving forwards.

Another dating advice megathread success story!
Or maybe the real date success was in you all along...

*RickRogers slowly fades away, he was actually never real!*

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

aldantefax posted:

Hi

Why do my armpits smell like french toast

I guess you are what you eat!!

Probably because you rubbed maple syrup on your body and rolled in delicious spices.

xcheopis

Kief Richards posted:

Probably because you rubbed maple syrup on your body and rolled in delicious spices.

Bath bombs of vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a tiny bit of clove

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

Bath bombs of vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and a tiny bit of clove

I actually have one like this, but it also has cardamom and black pepper because I'm extra.

xcheopis

Kief Richards posted:

I actually have one like this, but it also has cardamom and black pepper because I'm extra.

I can't take baths anymore. :(

Finger Prince

Is there like, a German word or something, for effectiveness or efficiency driven by loathing of a task?
Like, you're really good at doing a thing because you absolutely hate doing it?

more falafel please

forums poster

rear end-penny posted:

Or an igniter like your oven. I was super glad my oven didn't release gas when my igniter failed.

yeah. my oven also has a super-low 100F keep warm setting for proofing and whatnot that i'm pretty sure is just turning the igniter on without ever turning the gas on

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Goons Are Gifts

Finger Prince posted:

Is there like, a German word or something, for effectiveness or efficiency driven by loathing of a task?
Like, you're really good at doing a thing because you absolutely hate doing it?

Yes, in German this is called Arbeitsmoral

Stoner Sloth

RickRogers posted:

Another dating advice megathread success story!
Or maybe the real date success was in you all along...

*RickRogers slowly fades away, he was actually never real!*

every time a date rings, RickRogers gets his wings

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Glutes Are Great posted:

Löl. Feierabend! :dance:

Goons Are Gifts

Prost!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Kief Richards posted:

Delicious and resplendent

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I am currently making cheese, will report back when it's cheese.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

B33rChiller

alnilam posted:

the washer/dryer at my old house were super old and came with the house, when i moved to oregon i was worried i would never be able to find an old appliance again but instead i found some guy on craigslist whose whole business is buying pre-computerization washers and dryers (he gets them real cheap from the home depot people that haul away your old one when you buy a new one), fixing them up real nice, and reselling them. It was amazing how proud he was of these washers and dryers. Like literally brought our 90s washer over and slapped the hood and said "this baby was one of the first on the market with a shared transmission between the pump and the agitator... fixed up the clutch real nice." He also bypasses the door close switches since they break so often.

This gets me thinking that in the future, and potentially right now, there could be a market for little drop in (or wire into a harness) micro controllers to replace the boards in newer machines. If the mechanicals still work, one could probably replicate whatever functionality fairly easily, even without any fancy pants reverse engineering or access to proprietary code. How pricey are micro controllers or things like raspberry pis?

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
alnilam

B33rChiller posted:

This gets me thinking that in the future, and potentially right now, there could be a market for little drop in (or wire into a harness) micro controllers to replace the boards in newer machines. If the mechanicals still work, one could probably replicate whatever functionality fairly easily, even without any fancy pants reverse engineering or access to proprietary code. How pricey are micro controllers or things like raspberry pis?

i love where your head is at, a raspberry pi or arudino is like 20-30 bux. i was gonna say there's probably some bullshit proprietary "control signal" orsomething, but if all you're doing is literally wiring your own controller up to the mechanical parts, that could work

ty manifisto

B33rChiller

Might need an additional bit of power supply circuitry too. Not sure if any of the electrics in my machine run off less than mains voltage, but it's an old top loader, which I've repaired a couple times myself already (drive coupling and agitator cogs, both under CDN$20 shipped to my door)

eta: lol, the lid switch failed closed, so it doesn't stop when I open the lid, even at full blast spin. Fine by me, saves having to buy a replacement or bypass the switch.

Dr. Honked posted:

Finger Prince

Glutes Are Great posted:

I appreciate your humorous statement, Herr Glutes.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

xcheopis posted:

I can't take baths anymore. :(

Let me introduce you to your new best friend: shower tablets.

You throw them on the shower floor and they make everything smell amazing.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have an entire Jimmy John's baguette, plain, on my desk.

I'm not sure why. It's just here and I'm here, and I don't know if I'm supposed to eat it or make my boss a brie and salted butter sandwich or what.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kief Richards posted:

I'm not sure why. It's just here and I'm here, and I don't know if I'm supposed to eat it or make my boss a brie and salted butter sandwich or what.

this sounds like a trap

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

just like a urinal puck! you can pee on these ones too, if you like :ssh:

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Dec 3, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

Stoner Sloth

B33rChiller posted:

just like a urinal puck!

sir, please stop attempting to shower in the urinal - you're making the other patrons uncomfortable

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

more falafel please

forums poster

Kief Richards posted:

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

B33rChiller

Stoner Sloth posted:

sir, please stop attempting to shower in the urinal - you're making the other patrons uncomfortable

Where you see a problem, I see a niche market opportunity.

Dr. Honked posted:

take the moon

by sebmojo

Kief Richards posted:

eat it imo

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Sorry I was too busy sleeping to post :ohdear:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Stoner Sloth

B33rChiller posted:

Where you see a problem, I see a niche market opportunity.

:hmmyes:

Stoner Sloth

Rarity posted:

sleep lurker

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Stoner Sloth posted:

sleep lurker

Oh god I didn't mean to FORGIVE ME :gonk:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Stoner Sloth

Rarity posted:

Oh god I didn't mean to FORGIVE ME :gonk:

it's alright friend, you posted when you could and that's what's important

Ass-penny

Rarity posted:

Hell, same. Are you at least we'll rested? I woke up feeling c r a p p y

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

This was the exact thing I thought of.

Especially because we have brie and salted butter in the fridge.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Post ur loaf

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Kief Richards posted:

Yo what

I'm gonna get these
When I'm back from vacation
Hella good soundin

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

alnilam posted:

the washer/dryer at my old house were super old and came with the house, when i moved to oregon i was worried i would never be able to find an old appliance again but instead i found some guy on craigslist whose whole business is buying pre-computerization washers and dryers (he gets them real cheap from the home depot people that haul away your old one when you buy a new one), fixing them up real nice, and reselling them. It was amazing how proud he was of these washers and dryers. Like literally brought our 90s washer over and slapped the hood and said "this baby was one of the first on the market with a shared transmission between the pump and the agitator... fixed up the clutch real nice." He also bypasses the door close switches since they break so often.

love this guy

B33rChiller posted:

problem with this is that it's a lot easier *before* poo poo breaks, when you can intercept all the lil control signals and stuff to replicate instead of having to figure it out yourself. parts are cheaper than ever and still getting cheaper tho yeah

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

rear end-penny posted:

Hell, same. Are you at least we'll rested? I woke up feeling c r a p p y

It was like my 4th nap of the day D:

Prof. Crocodile

Rarity posted:

It was like my 4th nap of the day D:

A new entry for "most BYOB post of the year."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Prof. Crocodile posted:

A new entry for "most BYOB post of the year."

that one about the quesadilla is up there tho

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm