Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Game of the Decade
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 69424 23.78%
Metis Souls 85 0.03%
Metisnite 7 0.00%
Skymetis 26 0.01%
Gone Metis 9 0.00%
MGSV: Phantom Pain (Metis Gear Solid) 13 0.00%
Journey 10 0.00%
Doom 20Metis 12 0.00%
Metis Presents: House Party 95 0.03%
Xcom: Metis Unknown 19 0.01%
Metis (gamer of the decade) (no gamer moments) 36 0.01%
The Metis 3 24 0.01%
METIISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! 222220 76.11%
Total: 291980 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my 10 biggest games of the decade:

WoW
Dark Souls
Borderlands 2
Overwatch
Smite
Path of Exile
Diablo 3
Stardew Valley
FFXIV
Monster Hunter World

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

exquisite tea posted:

I think the number one thing I didn't like about Valhalla from a gameplay standpoint was the removal of a real RPG-like progression system. I liked how in Odyssey you started out as some random hired muscle thug, then evolved into a teleporting exploding wall of death, to eventually turning full SSJ with a double lightsaber and spirit bulls. I liked all the unique armor sets and how you could put together a distinctive build with a few insanely overpowered legendaries. Teleporting assassin who never gets hit, 2H warrior who sets the entire battlefield on fire, multishot hunter who can fire off 30 arrows while still in stealth, all that dumb poo poo was fun and led to me putting a ton of extra time into trying out new specs. They took all that out in Valhalla but didn't really make the combat any deeper mechanically, so you're just doing the same sword attack animation over and over, level 0-400. Armor sets are rare and expensive to upgrade, so there's no incentive to try anything new. They took out all the crazy weapon/armor affixes and just replaced them with runes that are like, "increase critical strike chance after you parry." Big whoop.

I only switched/tried out different builds a few times over a hundred hour playthrough cause maintaining gear in odyssey was pretty expensive. but what was there was good. sucks that acv is a big step back.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

5 biggest games of the decade

call of duty modern warfare
hitman 2
rainbow six siege
microsoft flight simulator
red dead redemption 2

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
undertale is still making ripples internationally, that concert in japan was a nice break from everything else this year

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Kerrzhe posted:

i actually have completely forgotten when cyberpunk is releasing now. i thought it was near the end of the month?

december 10, allegedly

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just worked out I'm only working 11 days in the next month :getin:

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Kerrzhe posted:

my 10 biggest games of the decade:

WoW
Dark Souls
Borderlands 2
Overwatch
Smite
Path of Exile
Diablo 3
Stardew Valley
FFXIV
Monster Hunter World

Can you solo MH World?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Can you solo MH World?

Yes. In fact, it's incredibly annoying to coop the main story since the implementation for that sucks rear end.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Can you solo MH World?

absolutely. you can solo 100% of the game barring maybe one or two end game fights (which might have been updated to allow easier solo play on those too).

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

When it came out on pc it had some connectivity issues (maybe it still does) and would drop you from their servers relatively frequently, so if you were doing multiplayer when it did you’d be stuck fighting a scaled-for-multi monster as a solo player

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Can you solo MH World?

I would say if you're asking this question you probably won't be able to.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

al-azad posted:

I wish kids got wholesome gambling experiences like Neopets which taught me more how the economy functioned than any high school class.

I have never thought about this, but hell, same.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1334607935515873280?s=20

drat, Casey Hudson abandoning ship a second time.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

When it came out on pc it had some connectivity issues (maybe it still does) and would drop you from their servers relatively frequently, so if you were doing multiplayer when it did you’d be stuck fighting a scaled-for-multi monster as a solo player

this stuff has been pretty much fixed. connection issues aren't as prevalent as they were (i never had any issue with them personally - it largely depends on steam's server stability) and now the monster will scale down to solo mode if you get disconnected.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I would say if you're asking this question you probably won't be able to.

Oh snaaaaaaaap

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

This is the phase in the EA takeover where all the blood has been sucked out and the company's just a shambling hulk waiting for a gust of wind to collapse it into a heap of gore.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

This is the phase in the EA takeover where all the blood has been sucked out and the company's just a shambling hulk waiting for a gust of wind to collapse it into a heap of gore.

That was about 10 years ago in BioWare's case though.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some of the other studios that EA sucked dry?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can't wait for the ex bioware folks to post a Kickstarter which gets 100x its asking price and then the game sucks

Semi-Protato
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

Dice, Maxis, Westwood, Origin, to name a few

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Guess who cheetah is subtweeting, win a prize

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Whats a subtweet

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

cheetah7071 posted:

Can't wait for the ex bioware folks to post a Kickstarter which gets 100x its asking price and then the game sucks

Tbf this hasn't happened much in the last few years and the most recent high profile one (Bloodstained) ended up being really good.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
SDR2 Chapter 2:

Lol Nidai and Kazuichi are the worst loving liars

WHY ARE YOU GIVING ME IBUKI'S PANTIES I DO NOT WANT THESE

Haha Nanami is horny for gaming

Whoa Nanami making some bold vows. Starting to think she's a more important character than I was expecting

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Nah they'll get snapped up by Activision and then eventually end up assigned to a Call of Duty B team.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Semi-Protato posted:

Don't forget Visceral!

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

There's an image floating around of all the studios they bled but it's like 5 years and probably a dozen studios out of date. But I mean a short list Origin Systems, Westwood, Bullfrog, Visceral, Pandemic, they're just a black hole of talent and loving suck.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Not to defend EA, but, EA sucks

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Whats a subtweet

“responding to a person without explicitly using @“, gramps

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Semi-Protato posted:

In the case of Origin it was justified, those in charge were attempting to rip off EA Games and continually failed to meet contract obligations. Chris Roberts (who would later almost be turned into law enforcement for attempting to scam Microsoft during the development of Freelancer), and Richard Garriot were the big offenders, and take a guess at what both are doing today?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jay Rust posted:

Not to defend EA, but, EA sucks

damning with faint praise or something

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/1334481891085471744?s=19

Can someone please point me to the website where I will be able to order this on release

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Who am I supposedly subtweeting in not in twitter

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

it is actually the children's first step towards gambling depending on which game you're playing. The one that KCB works at is pretty nasty with it because they make a lot of money off of pets and so you buy eggs with robux that have a chance of hatching into various different animals and then you can upgrade those animals to rarer neon versions by getting more of them and combining them together and we both agree that it is super gross but she doesn't have any control over the game, she just answers the emails from the parents who are mad that their kids fell for confidence tricks, hacks, and scams. A big problem they're dealing with right now is that other people can make their own roblox game servers and list them as being the "official" game server and accept roblox money from players and then nothing can be done. The actual game devs don't get any of that money, the kid who spent the money doesn't get their item, the parents can't convince the devs to give free items to everybody who keeps falling for the fake scam games, the creators of the fake scam games get their money, and the main roblox people just shrug it off as something that they aren't too invested in stopping right now since anybody buying robux is giving money to roblox.

There was one specific Pokemon game in Roblox I remember a bunch of kids had spent actual real life dollars on in the form of micro-transactions for said game and then it shut down. I hope those kids got some sort of refund if they were breaking the bank on the thing.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

yeah i just ignore pvp entirely in D2.

maybe once we all age enough they'll finally remove the headshot as a 'default' fps feature and the genre can improve

Look at these little infant gamers who didn't choose God's Correct Class, the Titan, and shoulder check everyone to death

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

cheetah7071 posted:

I liked the Banner Saga...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i'm experiencing a new feeling, that of not recognizing a pokemon. im not saying I've always caught them all, but for most of my life i had at least seen them all. in time they will probably start taking my badges

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

Who am I supposedly subtweeting in not in twitter

that’s the question. God, d*mn it

Which game(s) is SA forums user cheetah7k slyly referring to in their post about terrible Kickstarter games that made their money off of name recognition

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oh you mean games not tweets, I see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Its yooka laylee