Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
I played DH to 60 in the old days so it's not like I'm totally new, basically I quit after the Crusader expansion came out, I didn't finish my playthrough - I switched to PS4 for a little bit then just took a break from 2015-now.

yeah someone PLed my wizard to 70+ and while its a little faster to crank out levels with paragons / gold / crafting available I dont have any good legends to cube or low level stuff. I've been grinding out the less fun stuff during work hours...

And I hope by "new set" people dont mean the season set because I popped those rewards on Wiz :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I tend to only play on the weekends but if you want you can leech however long you want off me, I don't care.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

bus hustler posted:

And I hope by "new set" people dont mean the season set because I popped those rewards on Wiz :ohdear:

It's easy enough to get a character powerleveled then use shards and materials from your main to put together an alt. Gamble armor and offhands, upgrade rares for jewelry and weapons.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

bus hustler posted:

I played DH to 60 in the old days so it's not like I'm totally new, basically I quit after the Crusader expansion came out, I didn't finish my playthrough - I switched to PS4 for a little bit then just took a break from 2015-now.

yeah someone PLed my wizard to 70+ and while its a little faster to crank out levels with paragons / gold / crafting available I dont have any good legends to cube or low level stuff. I've been grinding out the less fun stuff during work hours...

So are you still playing on PS4 or back to PC? Let me know your name on there (If PC), I can help grind you up a bit tomorrow probably. Larrymer#1390.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Suburban Dad posted:

So are you still playing on PS4 or back to PC? Let me know your name on there (If PC), I can help grind you up a bit tomorrow probably. Larrymer#1390.

PC! I'm candeth#11156

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
https://discord.gg/YBk5dXX

Mostly pc users, zimboo loves to play his necro and boost goons to paragon 1000

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So what other 2 conquests are everyone going for this season?

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

6 sets to 55 and Boss Mode, unless you want to branch out into hardcore. Sprinter and mastering 8 set dungeons are awful.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

heffray posted:

6 sets to 55 and Boss Mode, unless you want to branch out into hardcore. Sprinter and mastering 8 set dungeons are awful.

:emptyquote:

Aaod
May 29, 2004
Boss mode was easy and the others suck so 6 set grift 55 it was.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
I ended up doing 6x55 GR and 8 set dungeon masteries since I already had an alt up and running for the first one. Turns out necro set dungeons are easy, monk set dungeons are a major pain in the rear end. You have to tone down your damage significantly and try to fish for good cyclone strike pulls to gather enemies in groups of 15+ within a sneezing distance of your character without killing any of them too fast. In multiple of the set dungeons. Would've gone for boss rush in retrospect.

But you do get some pennants and such for mastering the set dungeons so that's nice. There's even wings for doing it on all the classes.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

:sigh:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^^^ What primal is those?
Did this week's challenge rift in 5:43.666. :haw: Hail Satan!
It was my first try with this one and I am bad at video games

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

an actual, situationally useful item? some of you are spoiled.

Tubgoat posted:

Warzechian Armguards

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rinkles posted:

an actual, situationally useful item? some of you are spoiled.

Ain't no situation you can use 2 of them, though.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Tubgoat posted:

Took me a little bit to get the hang of the exploding palm build but it was actually not too unfun. The entire thing revolved around learning where the pylons were IMO because floor 3 was total crap. It's the first one I've ever done, was pretty happy to complete it :D

I wish there was an archive, having 180 of them to do even for little/no reward would be fun.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bus hustler posted:

I wish there was an archive, having 180 of them to do even for little/no reward would be fun.

This sentence can only exist from someone who did not see the quality of builds that preceded the one you just did.

Suburban Dad posted:

Ain't no situation you can use 2 of them, though.

One for each %elemental damage you need.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

bus hustler posted:

Took me a little bit to get the hang of the exploding palm build but it was actually not too unfun. The entire thing revolved around learning where the pylons were IMO because floor 3 was total crap. It's the first one I've ever done, was pretty happy to complete it :D

It took me 3 tries. I had forgotten how much fun it was blowing up 3 screens of demons one after the other is. Might have to roll a monk as my second character this season.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Crosspost from the deals thread for any super nerds.

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Book of Adria: A Diablo Bestiary $16.99 (Hardcover) after on-page coupon

The Art of Diablo (Hardcover) $25.99 after on-page coupon

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Weekly rift was fun, I managed to one-shot it with seconds remaining (like 4 or 5, it was sweaty). That spot in the 3rd? floor where you come around a corner and exploding palm a demon and it just causes a tidal wave of instagibs for a few screens is great.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So what other 2 conquests are everyone going for this season?

None. This season's Conquests are poo poo, and Blizzard shouldn't be rewarded by people doing them.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I don't think people completing the conquest rewards Blizzard in anyway. Doing the set GR's is honestly super easy. You can just slap on 6 piece completely un-optimized and steam roll it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Agreed. Though it's a bit annoying having to make another character and farm gear. All because I can't go without getting those dumb seasonal pets.:allears:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Book of Cain is an above-average seasonal pet, too.

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
Would be nice if they updated Unity to be "All damage taken is split between you and your Follower" since that's all anyone uses it for anyway and would free up a ring slot on your Follower as well. I hate having to farm up two of them just to get the bonus.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

WarMECH posted:

Would be nice if they updated Unity to be "All damage taken is split between you and your Follower" since that's all anyone uses it for anyway and would free up a ring slot on your Follower as well. I hate having to farm up two of them just to get the bonus.

Hell, make it so it works even if only the follower has it on

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
I am like 0.25% away from 100% uptime on my DH slapdash Reveange build :sweatdrop:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
But trying to kill your teammates who've forgotten to take off their ring is half the fun.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
I think I've used Unity for two builds in the last 3 seasons and that includes the season I did GR120+ with five characters.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
I remember seeing a gimmick build a while back that used the Asheara's Vestments set and a bunch of Arcstones... I bet you could do a tanky Inna's build with that and unity. (edit: assuming you can slot all that, hmmm)

rarbatrol fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 4, 2020

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
Thanks to some goon runs then playing after with a few friends I have a full DH GoD build and am working on converting it to a speedfarm build. 100% uptime on vengeance and just grinding out my gem levels. Thank god I switched off Wizard

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
What do you think would be the best complementary character for a necromancer(build still undergoing) provided that both have to stay on the same screen (Switch)?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

What do you think would be the best complementary character for a necromancer(build still undergoing) provided that both have to stay on the same screen (Switch)?

Whatever sounds fun, really.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Unless you are trying to end the season on the leaderboard just do whatever.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Dameius posted:

Unless you are trying to end the season on the leaderboard just do whatever.

The switch leaderboard is full of hacked characters every season that do gr150s in like 1 min. :lol:

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I just have the Necro Command Skeletons achievement, Skeleton Crew, left to do on the whole game- is there a recommended Command Skeletons build? Some of the Icy Veins ones are old as heck.

mewse
May 2, 2006

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I just have the Necro Command Skeletons achievement, Skeleton Crew, left to do on the whole game- is there a recommended Command Skeletons build? Some of the Icy Veins ones are old as heck.

99% it's gonna be some sort of rathma variant. The jesseth scythe+shield set also synergize with skellies. You're probably just finding old builds because it's not competitive in the meta so nobody is posting info about it

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

I had fun with bone spear speed GR necro and GoD demon hunter, they both run about the same ridiculous speed and destroy everything together. This was on PC though, dunno if console controls make it more difficult.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Beachcomber posted:

I would try to run characters that want to do damage at the same distance. So you probably don't want a melee character, otherwise anything would work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Besides the obvious suggestion of "support barb" you might try a POJ monk. The pull from Won Khim Lau would be a really nice synergy to have in both fast and slow GRs, and the cold POJ setup can do a really nice job of covering the spear's relative weak point of popping rift guardians that don't die within 5-6 casts or spawn piles of adds.