Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
what IS pizza?

nobody knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Pizza is the powerhouse of the cell

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Can confirm It never fails to powerup the cells of my colon.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
The largest organelle in a cell is the nucleus

HELLOMYNAMEIS___
Dec 30, 2007

From the Cursed Image thread:

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Is there a "The Best Pizza" thread?

edit: Oh, God, right after the banana-fish-pineapple-gluten-free-crust pizza. I didn't even look. You probably think I'm reacting to that photo, but I'm legitimately asking: is there a thread to post good pizza.

Lincoln fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 4, 2020

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

bagual posted:

what IS pizza?

nobody knows

I used to think "pizza always has cheese" but now I'm not so sure

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bagual posted:

what IS pizza?

nobody knows

"For My Ally Is Pizza. And A Powerful Ally It Is. Life Creates It, Makes It Grow. It's Energy Surrounds Us And Binds Us. Luminous Beings Are Pizzas, Not This Crude Matter."

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Lincoln posted:

edit: Oh, God, right after the banana-fish-pineapple-gluten-free-crust pizza. I didn't even look. You probably think I'm reacting to that photo, but I'm legitimately asking: is there a thread to post good pizza.

Just keep reading this thread. Eventually Stockholm syndrome kicks in and you demand a cum cheese lattice on all pizzas.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

From the Cursed Image thread:

no no no no!!!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Lincoln posted:

Despite the name this is also the "Best Pizza" thread. There are no pizza rules and all pizza is good.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
pizza is like sex, when it's bad you end up covered in corn

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

bagual posted:

what IS pizza?

nobody knows

My girlfriend is italian (as in actually from Italy). Her favourite "Pizza" has plums and figs with goat cheese on it.

I go out of my way to not mention the word "Pizza" when we are together any more. I'm too afraid of the consequences of bringing it up.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Does anyone have the Anne Frank pizza saved?

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

I managed to keep it in the attic for a couple of years but then it got taken away by the authorities

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I don't think they managed to save that one.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I am reminded of the two part tweet thread of a guy putting a swastika shaped pizza in an oven and saying "don't worry, my manager's cool" then tweet #2 is "welp I'm fired"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I am reminded of the two part tweet thread of a guy putting a swastika shaped pizza in an oven and saying "don't worry, my manager's cool" then tweet #2 is "welp I'm fired"

Now I'm offended both by the racism and by the suboptimal construction of the pizza.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

By popular demand posted:

Now I'm offended both by the racism and by the suboptimal construction of the pizza.

Yeah iirc to make the swastika he just cut the negative space out of an extra large round pizza instead of respectfully crafting a squared edge Detroit-style pie with raised edges

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Yeah iirc to make the swastika he just cut the negative space out of an extra large round pizza instead of respectfully crafting a squared edge Detroit-style pie with raised edges

Uhg, if I wanted a lazy fascist I would have voted for Trump.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheAardvark posted:

Hell, if you want real pizza innovation you don't even have to leave the country! Assuming you're in Taiwan.

is that loving saffron??

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From the machine-learning thread:

Hempuli posted:

https://twitter.com/arxiv_org/status/1336214080747499522/photo/1

"MPG: A Multi-ingredient Pizza Image Generator with Conditional StyleGANs. http://arxiv.org/abs/2012.02821"

Some slightly more unnerving pizzas here, posting in full size in honour of that:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Stunt_enby posted:

is that loving saffron??

chili threads, fortunately

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Every city has one just nobody likes to talk about it.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
at least it's not catupiry

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
ah, i love getting pizza from Saucy's

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Extrinsic Value posted:

How the gently caress did this thread get to 25 pages without the infamous Seraph pizza getting posted?

Shame on you peace thread posters.
Presentation sucks but I bet it tastes fine e

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sadly no but I do remember it being brick fired and well done

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stunt_enby posted:

is that loving saffron??

Yeah like $80 worth, what a horrible waste lol. :downs:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

:gizz:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
That cumtastic pizza is nothing short of inspired

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
I had a Margherita pizza the other day that cost $20 and I wish I had taken a picture of that disgrace. When I got it, it was literally a cheese pizza with giant slabs of leaky watery(I think they just threw them on after it cooked) tomatoes cut about an inch and a quarter thick with 2 basil leaves on top and nothing else.

Even good Margherita pizzas are like 5 or 6 dollars more expensive than regular pizza why the poo poo is that anyway?

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Virginia Slams posted:

I had a Margherita pizza the other day that cost $20 and I wish I had taken a picture of that disgrace. When I got it, it was literally a cheese pizza with giant slabs of leaky watery(I think they just threw them on after it cooked) tomatoes cut about an inch and a quarter thick with 2 basil leaves on top and nothing else.

Even good Margherita pizzas are like 5 or 6 dollars more expensive than regular pizza why the poo poo is that anyway?

It's probably considered upscale or authentic, as pizza goes, and there's a presumption of higher quality fresh ingredients and careful prep to hit that bar. Eventually it'll just be seen as another take on the art of the pizza, but until then that's a way pizzerias can make rent.

Condolences on your Margherita of sorrow.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

Virginia Slams posted:

Is this typical pricing for the US? I just checked the menu for my favourite Pizzeria here in Germany and a Margherita costs 4,50€/$5.45 for 24cm/9.4 in, 5,99€/$7.25 for 29cm/11.42 in, 7,99€/$9.68 for 34cm/13.39 in. That includes sales tax and delivery. :confused:
20 USD seems absurd to me. I know prices in the US are slightly higher for just about everything compared to Germany or even France but that's akin to street robbery.

Margheritas are considered the basic pizza in almost all pizzerias. So, when you order any kind of pizza, the price is the same as for a margherita if you had added extra ingredients. Let's say for example a Tonno will cost the same as if you ordered a Margherita and selected tuna as an extra topping.

That is pretty much standard practice. Making the Margherita more expensive than other selections make no sense to me.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
North American pizza prices are just crazy high and I think it's a cultural thing or something. In Australia a basic chain pizza like dominoes has 2 large and a side and bottle of coke for $20, and that's standard pricing. Up here it's like double that. I can't understand why when other food is the same.

E: the big Mac index shows aus and Canada as being basically identical and the USA ver similar in terms of purchasing power, so I dunno.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

A review: "Best Italian Style pizza in town."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I just looked at the most expensive pizza I can buy from my local dealer and prices top out at 13.90€. That's the exclusive territory of pimped-out Quattro Formaggi with buffalo mozzarella, Gorgonzola, Pecorino, soft goat cheese, fresh figs, rucola, dried tomatoes…

gently caress, now I'm hungry.