Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
This is way back, but I'm so happy I've got a grip of Big Grande content. Nothing's made me more happy recently than:

"Do you want leaded or unleaded?"

"...I want lettuce!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Exit 42 is definitely the front-runner of the two for me, but they're both great so far.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Snooze Cruise posted:

i go where cowboy tv goes

#IWantMyCowboyTV

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

For what it's worth I noticed that this week's Scam Goddess said at the end that it was produced by Earwolf in association with Team Coco. Is Team Coco actually doing its own podcasting network, or are they just releasing stuff through Earwolf, or what exactly is the relationship between the two?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

its like how every game says SpeedTree and Unreal Engine at the startup, but for the guy who invented podcasts

Fellatio del Toro fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 2, 2020

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Team Coco is producing their own podcasts, but most of them seem to be co-productions with Earwolf/Stitcher. Dads & Good Game Nice Try are the only currently-running series that lack some kind of co-branding, and they're both pretty new...I wonder if it simply boils down to "They were using the Earwolf studio space, but now with remote recording/production, they're not."

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
You Ain't Gonna Get My Pine Tree You Ol' Bitch

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Its all a bit silly to make a stink about the purity of podcasting as a medium but it certainly is interesting to see a lot of more "grassroots" podcast networks or just sites with a few podcasts really get loving wild with the raw volume of new podcasts and bigger named celeb hosts. And I'm sure the moment covid hit these executives suddenly were like "we need to get as many as possible"

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Jonathan Van Ness signed a deal with Earwolf for a show and then immediately afterwards got cast on Queer Eye and became a household name so they probably make almost all their money on his show's ads, the dudes at whatever multinational owns the network now don't mind a show leaving here or there

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Excited to learn that Stephen Tobolowsky is the Earth's most powerful psychic.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
The video for Exit 42 Episode 3 killed me.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Yea I have SiriusXM and they recently incorporated Podcast channels to their app and the only Earwolf staple that shows up suggested is HDTGM under comedy category a couple of rows down from the top and a few scrolls to the right.

Above it are basically Marvel podcasts and “household name does a thing” podcasts.

I imagine most classic Earwolf podcasts that are parting ways now were gently asked if they’d produce their own podcasts and record them for free first. Maybe even pay SiriusXM for the right to be on their crappy app. The previous poster was absolutely right that Casper money is being funneled away.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

LesterGroans posted:

The video for Exit 42 Episode 3 killed me.

Do you have to watch the video on the embedded page or can you download them?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Depends on how savvy you are with browser extensions. There's no option to download otherwise.

And I know it's well past the point of cliche to say this about any podcast, but man, Rosenberg just doesn't fit with my mental image of him.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I took the bite and I can see they're embedded Vimeos. Might mess about and try get localized copies at some point, or airplay them to the Apple TV at worst.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah I took the bite and I can see they're embedded Vimeos. Might mess about and try get localized copies at some point, or airplay them to the Apple TV at worst.

I don't know what exit 42 is but I downloaded an embedded vimeo for the high and mighty power hour recently.

Open chrome dev tools, search for "vimeo.com" to find the embedded link, then you should be able to use youtube-dl to download it. That's what I did, worked fine.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

piratepilates posted:

I don't know what exit 42 is but I downloaded an embedded vimeo for the high and mighty power hour recently.

Open chrome dev tools, search for "vimeo.com" to find the embedded link, then you should be able to use youtube-dl to download it. That's what I did, worked fine.

Thanks for the guide. I had a video downloader extension that I found out, at the end of said Power Hour, had begun adding a huge QR code to the corner unless you paid a licensing fee.

Also Exit 42 is one of Big Grande's new shows, the conceit being that each episode is a 20-30 minute monoscene set in a business located off the titular highway exit. Their other new show is Last Resort, an hourlong where they play the proprietors of a struggling Gulf Coast resort. Exactly what you'd expect from Big Grande at this point; Last Resort has the Teacher's Lounge "4 nutjobs/habitual liars in a codependent relationship help each other fail" vibe and Exit 42 is what the Minis became, heightening one scene until it gets too absurd to continue.

$10 for 10 eps of Last Resort, $15 for 20 of Exit 42, $30 for both as well as access to video of the recordings

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Is there a collection of Teachers Lounge that isn't :filez:? I will gladly pay money to not loving deal with this app anymore

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

piratepilates posted:

Thanks, meant to install youtube-dl for a while anyway and seems to be doing a fine job after working out a few things.

E: ah they’re both so good. I like how I’m not far from the Gulf Coast and whoever’s yard they use to shoot Last Resort reminds me of mine - palm trees, sleeping dog on a bed, hosed up turf, so it fits right in. Also if like me you’re watching the video versions, it’s worth checking out the an audio episode of both because they have a theme tune there didn’t include on the vids for some reason.

They put episode 1 of both up for free too - https://anchor.fm/big-grande

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Dec 4, 2020

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I haven't really listened to HDGTM for a few months now, but I did listen to the Cats episode and thought it was pretty good. Not great, but it was a pleasant thing to listen to on a run. I did really laugh at Paul's idea that "jellicle" came from "evangelical". Plus there's an introduction to the episode by PFT as Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Eugh I let my Stitcher Premium subscription lapse and when I went to resubscribe they "upgraded my experience" which means I'm locked out of Unofficial RSS feeds now.

And the Stitcher app doesn't recognize that I've signed up for Premium.

What a well-run company!

EDIT: I cancelled my "new" subscription, subscribed through the app, and somehow that fixed everything, including my access to Unofficial Feeds. Jesus.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Dec 6, 2020

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

JethroMcB posted:

Team Coco is producing their own podcasts, but most of them seem to be co-productions with Earwolf/Stitcher. Dads & Good Game Nice Try are the only currently-running series that lack some kind of co-branding, and they're both pretty new...I wonder if it simply boils down to "They were using the Earwolf studio space, but now with remote recording/production, they're not."

That's my guess. They have their own engineers and producers (or something) but use the Earwolf/Stitcher studios.

Oh....and I'm definitely getting the Big Grande bundle.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

"before you go, exciting news

whaaaaaaaat?? in 2020?? podswag has major deals this month."

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Man Dog Pod Patreon very worth it, if anyone's on the fence. Tons of extra content and the video makes it that much more delightful. Wish I could easily cast it to my TV though.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Tawny hosed 'im all up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVqoa_58Ie0

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Bonanas for Bonanza working for anyone today

I can't get it to play on Stitcher

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Bonanas for Bonanza working for anyone today

I can't get it to play on Stitcher

Nope, it went up on the Earwolf site and then disappeared.

I was going to say Gino's missing too, but it looks like it finally went up a little after 11 AM.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 7, 2020

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It looks like the standard schedule for Stitcher Premium is:

1. Upload the incorrect, ad-filled copies just after midnight
2. At some point pull these down so if you didn't download it first thing you don't get it
3. Eventually put the right version up

As usual, I put on new CBB before bed and it was the incorrect version again.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I think Betsy and Mano somehow smoke too much weed to be able to play video games

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
#IWantMyCowboyTV

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

crimedog posted:

#IWantMyCowboyTV

Sloth Socks
May 13, 2005

dangling is the finest of all the arts in all the worlds

Lipstick Apathy
I think Gino might be done for the season! Wasn't that 10 eps? And that final episode ended on a uh. uhhh. ending. Also Shaq.

drat, I love fake radio ads.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Wow, Handbook Pro Version and Masterclass season 3 are going to the Flagrant Ones Patreon. Nothing to keep me on sticker premium now, I guess.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

is kevin coming :ohdear:

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

Consummate Professional posted:

Wow, Handbook Pro Version and Masterclass season 3 are going to the Flagrant Ones Patreon. Nothing to keep me on sticker premium now, I guess.

Will this include the back catalogue? That's a no-brainer sub from me though.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Fellatio del Toro posted:

is kevin coming :ohdear:

Yes!

moot the hopple posted:

Will this include the back catalogue? That's a no-brainer sub from me though.

No clue!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
is this going to be on the basic tier or on the streaming one?

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Goddamn I'm catching up on Threedom and Scott has the cringiest story about his mom I've ever heard.

Scott was telling a story about how his parents would buy several copies of a newspaper whenever he (Scott) was in it, and he was moving them into a new place and trying to convince them to get rid of some of this stuff. He gets to a paper and asks his mom "why did you keep this one?" and his mom points at a headline that says abortion clinic in orange county picketing and goes "see, I was there!" scott then goes "we're loving throwing this away"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Consummate Professional posted:

big same