Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

[Opinion]Why that character we see at 05:23 in the latest trailer might have the best romance ever written

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

N...no it cant be!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i like creating a character that looks like myself in the role playing games i play. doesn't seem too wild, but i'm just a simple, country gamer

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

a straight white cis male :eyepop:

*melts down into a puddle of piss*

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Re: epilepsy - eurogamer says that there is no warning on startup

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-12-08-epilepsy-charity-calls-for-urgent-cyberpunk-2077-safety-update

quote:

Video games have long been associated with a risk of epileptic seizures, and some games and consoles (though not all) include a photosensitivity warning when booting them up. There is no such warning on PC, of course, and PC copies of Cyberpunk 2077 - such as those used to review the game - currently do not include a specific epilepsy warning at startup.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

i would make this guy except i would put a beard on him

Mr. Safe
Apr 18, 2009

Vorik posted:

This reminds me of Baldur's Gate 3 when the developers were surprised that the vast majority of players just made a regular rear end character that looks like them instead of whatever snowflake tumblr OC the devs usually played with in D&D lol.

It wasn't even that! They took the most commonly chosen option in each category and merged it all into one character and were surprised that this median character was solely comprised of median options.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

Cyberpunk proves that games should give players no character customization whatsoever, no sexual content, an mostly confine them to manipulating abstract shapes in a featureless void.

Jesus Christ

at what ratio will my subconscious interpret the abstract shapes as penises to vaginas

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

CDPR pulling a pokemon on people. SMH

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

V was knee deep in intestines, looting gang members for weapon mods. Coming up to him, Johnny Silverhand said, "My good V, if you knew how to blow up Arasaka, you wouldn't have to loot gang members." "And," replied V, "If you knew how to loot gang members, you wouldn't have to blow up Arasaka."

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
The other neat thing about BG3 is that despite most players making a male character, the devs also released stats showing the majority of players picked a male romance option, suggesting that most romance choices were gay.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Basic gamers: Making a white man

Me, a refined gamer: Making Mokoto Kusanagi

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Polo-Rican posted:

counterpoint: if you're playing a high fantasy role playing game and choose a bog-standard standard white male human that looks he could work in programming, you're Doing it Wrong

Eh, there is a certain appeal in playing as a standard, no name grunt that rises to glory and fame through sheer loving grit and will instead of being a Choosen One

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

grieving for Gandalf posted:

i like creating a character that looks like myself in the role playing games i play. doesn't seem too wild, but i'm just a simple, country gamer

Wow and you look like just a regular boring human? Sad.

Grow some horns!

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

YOURFRIEND posted:

I can't imagine buying an expansive open-world game from an eastern european developer on release. What is wrong with you people? Let that poo poo simmer in the delicious juice of patches and desperate hotfixes for a year or two.
I've been waiting 7 years for this game and I'm going to ride it out on release day no matter what.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I like to add at least one of every type of customisable thing to my guy to make sure I’m getting my money’s worth out of the character creator.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
my best friend in college always played as girls in games and i was like "why" and he said "if i have to look at someone's rear end for 40 hours, it might as well be a girl's rear end" and that has stuck with me forever.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Eh, there is a certain appeal in playing as a standard, no name grunt that rises to glory and fame through sheer loving grit and will instead of being a Choosen One

OK, but at the VERY LEAST give the character Aragorn stubble and long hair so you don't end up adventuring around a fantasy world looking like a starbucks manager, like so:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

As a long-time lurker in this (and previous) Cyberpunk 2077 thread(s), I just wanted to share a couple of observations:

1) All the PC Master Race people posting "LOL consoles" after seeing leaked game footage on the Internet are apparently unaware that consoles nowadays are literally PCs with significantly stripped-down operating systems that are generally much easier to optimize for - given that their specifications are fixed. Sure, the graphics will be less impressive than a high-spec PC but assuming that the massive amount of game-breaking bugs only applies to console versions of the game (when they are likely sharing most of the underlying engine and codebase) is really silly. All of the reviews have so much have directly stated that the game is buggy as hell - even gamebreakingly so. Also, given that the game will have to run on an incredible variety of processors and graphics cards and memory configurations, etc. makes it more likely that there will be issues with the PC version of the game.

2) Everyone assuming that a three-week delay was sufficient to address most of the issues is only attempting to fool themselves.

I'm sure it's going to be a great game, and I'm genuinely looking forward to it. I just think some people need to temper their expectations a bit... and maybe consider holding off on playing it for a while if they are sensitive to jank.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

fine if i'm not allowed to do a self insert i'm gonna make a sexy babe that i can leer at creepily!

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

CottonWolf posted:

:hmmyes:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

As I said in ye olde thread, the real big brain move is to mash the Random button half a dozen times and roll with it

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Ah yes default human being is “straight white cis male”

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

the cool thing about fantasy worlds is that the standard, no name grunt can have demon horns and a tail

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

my best friend in college always played as girls in games and i was like "why" and he said "if i have to look at someone's rear end for 40 hours, it might as well be a girl's rear end" and that has stuck with me forever.

Your friend is also every guy on the internet who ever felt like they had to justify making a female character

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I want to drive a cyber hoopty with dildos flying out of the back like I’m Santa Claus

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

rap music posted:

fine if i'm not allowed to do a self insert i'm gonna make a sexy babe that i can leer at creepily!

:hfive:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

immersing myself in the role of a girl because i'm not gay

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

D1E posted:

As a long-time lurker in this (and previous) Cyberpunk 2077 thread(s), I just wanted to share a couple of observations:

1) All the PC Master Race people posting "LOL consoles" after seeing leaked game footage on the Internet are apparently unaware that consoles nowadays are literally PCs with significantly stripped-down operating systems that are generally much easier to optimize for - given that their specifications are fixed. Sure, the graphics will be less impressive than a high-spec PC but assuming that the massive amount of game-breaking bugs only applies to console versions of the game (when they are likely sharing most of the underlying engine and codebase) is really silly. All of the reviews have so much have directly stated that the game is buggy as hell - even gamebreakingly so. Also, given that the game will have to run on an incredible variety of processors and graphics cards and memory configurations, etc. makes it more likely that there will be issues with the PC version of the game.

2) Everyone assuming that a three-week delay was sufficient to address most of the issues is only attempting to fool themselves.

I'm sure it's going to be a great game, and I'm genuinely looking forward to it. I just think some people need to temper their expectations a bit... and maybe consider holding off on playing it for a while if they are sensitive to jank.

which console do you play on lmao

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

"In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face." - Johnny Silverhand, Night City (2077)

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

just loving look it up dude jesus

https://www.statista.com/statistics/232383/gender-split-of-us-computer-and-video-gamers/

between 41%-52% of "gamers" are women, depending on whether or not you consider phones "gaming"

I don't. Those are FAKE gamers. Whats the real statistic?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

D1E posted:

Thank you for descending from the lurking mountain to bring us these universally acknowledged facts.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Is there a moob slider

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

rap music posted:

he's right. also i'm playing on ps5

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Polo-Rican posted:

OK, but at the VERY LEAST give the character Aragorn stubble and long hair so you don't end up adventuring around a fantasy world looking like a starbucks manager, like so:

Oh yeah that guy could definitely grow out some facial hair or have a battle scar or two. It actually kind of reminds me of the default Imperial from Oblivion actually lol

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

rap music posted:

the ps5 is more capable than 90% of gaming pcs tho

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Palpek posted:

Ok, that reviewer guy says now that as a heterosexual male you get the least ammount of romance options, good.
That's actually really ballsy lol. If Judy is truly female V only that's incredible. I can see the meltdowns already lmao

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
After seeing the performance review on Tom's hardware, I think I am going to hold off on playing the game until I get a new GPU. My 1080ti can barely handle PoE at 3440x1440 on medium-ish settings.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

D1E posted:

I think the "consoles are doomed lmao" is more because the last delay was specifically tied to the game failing to pass muster on the lowest spec Playstation/Xbox models.

I'm optimistic about the game in general, but I also 100% think it's going to be buggy on launch. Not base PS4 with no day 1 patch buggy, not preview copies with DRM and no game ready drivers buggy, but still pretty goddamn buggy for many (if not most) people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
what is there even to argue about a this point? game will be buggy as gently caress when we play and we'll still have fun and then they'll fix the issues and we'll read reports of people dying from seizures in the news