Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

I'm sure you'll end up with someone who has great Christian morals and is a real Leader of Men™.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
they've been getting heat for Easterby being too powerful and basically a BoB who out-BoB'd the actual BoB, it's probably a way to deflect some of that heat while letting Easterby consolidate more power behind the scenes

edit: does Greggggggg ever call plays again or was last call ever the worst zero blitz in history, because if so that's the gotta be one of the most fitting ways to go out for anyone ever

wyoak fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 8, 2020

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

lol I get Andre Johnson is a Texan great but what qualification does he have for evaluating a GM?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I can see the value in having a player's perspective if you're trying to evaluate what impact a GM's decisions would have on player morale and how they would handle that.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol I get Andre Johnson is a Texan great but what qualification does he have for evaluating a GM?

You mean Texan, Titan, and Colt great WR?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

SKULL.GIF posted:

I’d trust Andre Johnson a hell of a lot more than Tony Dungy.

(Cue Johnson beating the gently caress outta Cortland Finnegan.mp4)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Tony Dungy is literally going to make sure this dude is an Evangelical Christian. That will be his contribution.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Tony Dungy was on the Miami Dolphins bullygate task force committee and we haven't had a single bullying issue since!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ehud posted:

Tony Dungy was on the Miami Dolphins bullygate task force committee and we haven't had a single bullying issue since!

He wouldn’t let something like that hang over a team.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

fartknocker posted:

Tough but fair.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

fartknocker posted:

:stare:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I can't imagine quality candidates are falling over themselves for that Texans GM job. No draft picks until the third round this spring and a messed up front office structure.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

fartknocker posted:

:holymoley:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Tony Dungy is literally going to make sure this dude is an Evangelical Christian. That will be his contribution.

yeah he almost directly caused the death of a hated homosexual so he's infallible to that organization.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I always thought he had strong "I'm in a cult" energy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/GManzano24/status/1336393138764574720?s=19

Bye

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Parallelwoody posted:

I always thought he had strong "I'm in a cult" energy.

Is TonyDungyNoBlink.gif more psychopathic cult leader or deranged follower?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fartknocker posted:

Is TonyDungyNoBlink.gif more psychopathic cult leader or deranged follower?

Its neither but rather a lesson to us all that when staring into the void, sometimes the void stares into you.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Hue Freeze head coach of the Houston Texans

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I predict that Jim Caldwell will be the Texans' next head coach

Crennell also deserves to have "interim" removed from his title but age is working against him

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

We all know in our heart of hearts that Josh McDaniels to Houston is inevitable at this point.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Simplex posted:

We all know in our heart of hearts that Josh McDaniels to Houston is inevitable at this point.

Houston hires McDaniels... who then tries to hire BoB as his OC. :getin:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

The Lions FO dodging bullets like they're in The Matrix

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

fartknocker posted:

Houston hires McDaniels... who then tries to hire BoB as his OC. :getin:

Throw in Matt Patricia as his DC.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mega64 posted:

Throw in Matt Patricia as his DC.

Why not! Let’s add Adam Gase as QB coach too. I’m sure Hue Jackson is available, we know Gregg Williams is now...

The coaches room will eventually turn into a murder-suicide scene.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

If that's what you're looking for, Romeo Crennel is available.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Tony Dungy? Dabo it is, then.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

SKULL.GIF posted:

I understood that reference.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What's Eric Mangini up to these days

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

SKULL.GIF posted:

I can't imagine quality candidates are falling over themselves for that Texans GM job. No draft picks until the third round this spring and a messed up front office structure.

One year without draft picks is a small price to pay to have Deshaun Watson. Franchise QB solves a lot of problems.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

SKULL.GIF posted:

:vince:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Sataere posted:

One year without draft picks is a small price to pay to have Deshaun Watson. Franchise QB solves a lot of problems.

Actually....

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah he almost directly caused the death of a hated homosexual so he's infallible to that organization.

Who had anything against his kid?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Some good posts on this page

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

wyoak posted:

they've been getting heat for Easterby being too powerful and basically a BoB who out-BoB'd the actual BoB, it's probably a way to deflect some of that heat while letting Easterby consolidate more power behind the scenes

edit: does Greggggggg ever call plays again or was last call ever the worst zero blitz in history, because if so that's the gotta be one of the most fitting ways to go out for anyone ever

It would be very on brand for the NFL if a coach was run out of the league for calling a blitz at the wrong time instead of orchestrating a large scale bounty program.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Heh
https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1336733821207597057

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

dude is gonna be almost 63 when the 2021 season starts

has anyone got a new HC job that late in their career and had success

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Marvin lewis looks like he's 45 though

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

Dick Vermeil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

dude is gonna be almost 63 when the 2021 season starts

Pete Carroll was in his early 60s wasn't he?