Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
BAKER VS TOO LEGIT 69428 99.80%
TEAM TAZ VS DARBY CODY 6 0.01%
BATTLE ROYAL 37 0.05%
KENNY VS MOX 99 0.14%
Total: 69570 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

The walking segments were weird but the pay off of Hulkamatt living in his house was cool.

Well if you put it like that... :hmmyes:

Wow, he's really good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cowards Tony.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

watching iMPACT here, the guy doing commentary is not very good

e
god drat that sami guy sucks

Quantum of Phallus fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Dec 9, 2020

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Duke Pukem posted:

Dark was so much more entertaining and it is mostly squash matches. Taz and Excalibur are really good

I'm only through the first hour of Dark but Anthony Ogogo describing Cage's facial expression as "like a bulldog sucking on a wasp" is my favourite thing so far this week.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

can someone remind me what day it is tia

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

jesus WEP posted:

December 9

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
wed wed nes nes day wed wed wed day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzigPnZ8OYE

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Jon Moxley is going to turn Kenny's camper into a cube .

Tony Kahn will have the cube towed from the parking lot

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

multiple people will start conversations with the cube under the impression that it's Taz.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I did not care for Impact. Empty area plus that commentary team is borderline unwatchable. Don Callis is great though. Well played AEW, you tricked me into watching 2 hours of bad wrestling I had no intention of watching.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Tony Schiavone is a goddamn treasure and I'm so happy AEW reignited his love of wrestling.

Kenny as an insane egomaniac belt collector is a really cool idea, I'm excited to see where it goes.

Impact wasn't really good or anything (the dead silence mixed with Josh Matthews' crap commentary made it really hard to watch) but I'm glad I watched it, just for the AEW commercial and Kenny. I am very, very excited for wrestling in 2021, it feels like some big exciting things are coming. It's pretty amazing that in one year AEW went from "New company, hope it's good!" to "I trust AEW to bring about a new golden age of non-WWE wrestling" in my mind.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I want Kenny to win more belts. Make exposure deals with tiny indies to make kenny their world champion in exchange for plugging their website. A hundred belts for kenny.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

jesus WEP posted:

It is Wednesday, my Judas

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

projecthalaxy posted:

I want Kenny to win more belts. Make exposure deals with tiny indies to make kenny their world champion in exchange for plugging their website. A hundred belts for kenny.

Beau James refusing to job or even sell for Kenny.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

this owned

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Is there video of Kenny and Don on Impact?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

fawning deference posted:

Is there video of Kenny and Don on Impact?

Here you go, my dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WvX8t0RsSk

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They put the whole episode on Youtube. Kenny stuff is 1h15 in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeIBw9oMWIg

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WvX8t0RsSk

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I enjoyed that they laid a few things out that the smart audience had already got. The picture in Don's house, the relationship with Kenny's uncle, and then pushed further back. Making this retroactively a multi year angle was really smart.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 9, 2020

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Callis was seriously good, I hope he shows up whenever Kenny wrestles and does a better Heyman

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

I like that the Kenny segment has like 10x times the views of most of Impact's own stuff.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I personally don't think Kenny is a very good actor/speaker, but from this it seems like he's very good at playing a smug douchebag, and I think this new gimmick will work well with his accolades. You SHOULD want to bring in Kenny Omega to your promotion, but also fans SHOULD hate Kenny for his attitude and for, what I have to assume, will be more cheating in the future. And I really enjoyed Callis's promo so if he goes on tour with Kenny, that can help smooth the rougher edges in Kenny's promos.

I also think the idea of Kenny going after women's titles is very funny.

Kenny: I want to bring intergender matches to AEW.
Me: Well as long as it's done respectfully, intergender matches can be very good and I trust th-
Kenny: *runs into a Yuka / Riho match and just v-triggers both of them so hard they fly offscreen like it's smash bros*
Me: :distonk:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Callis doing the Heenan thing with Kenny works so well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

You have 3 minutes to move your cube

Also I want Kenny to have a J Crown esque collection of straps, so he can recreate that Ultimo picture

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

dromal phrenia posted:

Kenny: I want to bring intergender matches to AEW.
Me: Well as long as it's done respectfully, intergender matches can be very good and I trust th-
Kenny: *runs into a Yuka / Riho match and just v-triggers both of them so hard they fly offscreen like it's smash bros*
Me: :distonk:

I'm seeing him going to V-Trigger Leyla Hirsch and just flying completely over her.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CobiWann posted:

I'm seeing him going to V-Trigger Leyla Hirsch and just flying completely over her.
this but because she grabbed him and gave him an overhead belly to belly

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I kinda dig that Kenny didn't even challenge the IMPACT belt man. The segment started with some big disrespect of that dude not even allowed in the parking lot because of Kenny's bus, so Kenny's Kong Quest beginning via insulting a belt so profusely that IMPACT's champion is the one to challenge him instead of the other way around is some good heel energy.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Cyrus the Virus being one of the most important acts in wrestling is a very 2020 way to close out 2020.

I loved the Kenny and Don segment and yes the Tony and Tony segment. Impact would be a decent C-level show if they had any kind of crowd noise whatsoever. I just can't do the empty arena thing. I don't find Josh Matthews to be as terrible as everyone else here but he's not great.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

catching up on the Wardlow episode of AEW Unrestricted. They just got to the listener question about "who would your dream match be, alive, dead, real, fictional, male female, doesn't matter", and Wardlow is buying himself a second to think and says "Jesus..."

and all I could think of was Wardlow beating the poo poo out of Jesus.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Hellblazer187 posted:

Cyrus the Virus being one of the most important acts in wrestling is a very 2020 way to close out 2020.

I loved the Kenny and Don segment and yes the Tony and Tony segment. Impact would be a decent C-level show if they had any kind of crowd noise whatsoever. I just can't do the empty arena thing. I don't find Josh Matthews to be as terrible as everyone else here but he's not great.

if they'd just put the people not wrestling at the sides of the ring like gym-era Dynamite did, that would work perfectly.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Lamuella posted:

if they'd just put the people not wrestling at the sides of the ring like gym-era Dynamite did, that would work perfectly.

Someone said their Knockouts division is a very friendly locker room so I would dig this. I don't know if the men's locker room is as chummy, but I always like wrestlers having fun together, and we got to see some of that with AEW's ringside wrestler crowds.

I definitely don't know Impact well enough to say who would be their Austin Gunn though

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Lamuella posted:

Yeah, literally get 30 people who are wrestlers or friends and family of wrestlers. It would be a night and day difference.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

MorningMoon posted:

I kinda dig that Kenny didn't even challenge the IMPACT belt man. The segment started with some big disrespect of that dude not even allowed in the parking lot because of Kenny's bus, so Kenny's Kong Quest beginning via insulting a belt so profusely that IMPACT's champion is the one to challenge him instead of the other way around is some good heel energy.

A supremely talented heel world champ going around acting all patronizing towards the smaller promotions is some classic territory era Ric Flair poo poo, and I'm all for it.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Cerebral Bore posted:

A supremely talented heel world champ going around acting all patronizing towards the smaller promotions is some classic territory era Ric Flair poo poo, and I'm all for it.

Nothing from the match with moxly, to the finish and angle, then to the expideeetion of gold, is exactly new. This is grade-A old school heeling and its so effective because it’s been decades since we’ve seen anything like it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Tony was great in that segment and so was Tony. Also god drat gently caress you Kenny I can't wait for Adam and Jon to kick your rear end.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to see a doctor because I seem to have morphed back into an 11 year old named Mark.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lamuella posted:

catching up on the Wardlow episode of AEW Unrestricted. They just got to the listener question about "who would your dream match be, alive, dead, real, fictional, male female, doesn't matter", and Wardlow is buying himself a second to think and says "Jesus..."

and all I could think of was Wardlow beating the poo poo out of Jesus.

i got to see jesus wrestle scooby doo when i saw AEW in Austin earlier in the year, it was pretty great and wardlow would have crushed him

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

Yeah, literally get 30 people who are wrestlers or friends and family of wrestlers. It would be a night and day difference.

the empty arena wrestling kills it for me too, but i don't think they have the testing capability that AEW has to do something like that somewhat safely

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Get Don West back on commentary Coward Scott D'amore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

Nothing from the match with moxly, to the finish and angle, then to the expideeetion of gold, is exactly new. This is grade-A old school heeling and its so effective because it’s been decades since we’ve seen anything like it.

I see you've come to the same conclusion as me, that Kenny is simply following in the trail blazed years ago by the legendary innovator Matt Hardy.

The truth is the truth.