Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

Bremen posted:

You could probably write a research paper on self delusion on this one post alone.

I'm trying to imagine the thought process that thinks there is a drug one can take that will protect you from COVID, but for some reason our capitalist overlords don't want us to have it so we can dutifully keep showing up to work and making them money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

pthighs posted:

I'm trying to imagine the thought process that thinks there is a drug one can take that will protect you from COVID, but for some reason our capitalist overlords don't want us to have it so we can dutifully keep showing up to work and making them money.

Plus, our side, the ones pimping this miracle cure, are the ones who don't take it and get sick, but the other side, those soyboy idiots, DO, and don't get sick! I don't think there are enough dimensions for the chess we got going on here.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

pthighs posted:

Literally the plot to the first deus ex which was based on every 90s conspiracy theory and presumably most freepers believe all of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feY5KhdXsUQ

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Why did HCQ stick around so long anyway? Normally with something relatively unknown being the miracle cure there's a pretty high churn on it, whether it's the superfruit of the month or whatever, and they'd be talking about how when Trump said inject bleach he was actually talking about blue light therapy and it's all about blue light now, especially in an area where the non-tinfoil advice keeps changing rapidly.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Guavanaut posted:

Why did HCQ stick around so long anyway? Normally with something relatively unknown being the miracle cure there's a pretty high churn on it, whether it's the superfruit of the month or whatever, and they'd be talking about how when Trump said inject bleach he was actually talking about blue light therapy and it's all about blue light now, especially in an area where the non-tinfoil advice keeps changing rapidly.
President Bumblefuck went hard for it for about two months in late Spring, trying to will a miracle cure into existence, and all his acolytes followed suit. The fact that it didn't work at all was taken as proof, not that Dear Leader was mistaken, but that the Deep State was actively suppressing all the proof that it worked (and probably taking it themselves).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Trump has said a ton of other poo poo too, and it's not something that Alex Jones can monetize, and given how much churn there's been in conspiracy circles over the summer-now period it's surprising that it didn't gradually get replaced by something else.

Like I'm sure at one point after the 'internal disinfectant' comments it was blue light therapy, but it never stuck.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"I DISAGREE!!" is an identity to a lot of people

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I wondered how Freep was dealing with the news about the new Texas lawsuit and it looks like they're mostly going "THIS IS HOW TRUMP WINS" but there do seem to be a few saying "Uh, Texas has no standing" and a lot of misunderstanding of how these kinds of cases work (SCOTUS is the original jurisdiction between state disputes, but that doesn't mean they are required to take the case, only that they are the only court that is allowed to).

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Supreme Court rejects GOP bid to halt Biden's Pennsylvania win
https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3913508/posts

Freep mostly understands that only the injunctive relief is denied for now.

quote:

Posted on 12/8/2020, 4:57:32 PM by JonPreston

ASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court has rejected Republicans' last-gasp bid to reverse Pennsylvania's certification of President-elect Joe Biden's victory in the electoral battleground.

The court without comment Tuesday refused to call into question the certification process in Pennsylvania.

quote:

To: JonPreston

Doesn’t matter. SCOTUS is taking up the Texas case against PA, GA et al.

3 posted on 12/8/2020, 4:59:04 PM by Quality_Not_Quantity (Eddie Ate Dynamite. Good Bye Eddie. Who can explain this mystery?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

So Alito sets standards regarding late ballots that the PA BOE ignores, and then Supremes dump the suit. Legal standards again are only set for Conservatives and ignored for Dems. Alito and SCOTUS are spineless.

12 posted on 12/8/2020, 5:02:20 PM by inchworm (al )

quote:

It means the Supreme Court is allowing communist China to take over the USA. The end of free and honest elections, the of the USA.

15 posted on 12/8/2020, 5:04:16 PM by Flavious_Maximus

quote:

To: Quality_Not_Quantity

If they unanimously denied the PA case disenfranchising PA voters, why would they take the Texas case? The whole system is broken.

18 posted on 12/8/2020, 5:07:02 PM by jersey117
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Jim Noble

Even though I said early on that that SCOTUS was not going to take up the PA case I still held out hope...but you were pretty clear they weren’t going to take it. And you were right.

So the only thing left is Texas.

And no folks, Powell isn’t going to get her Kraken cases heard by SCOTUS

25 posted on 12/8/2020, 5:08:55 PM by RummyChick (I blame Kushner.)

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 8, 2020

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Trump has said a ton of other poo poo too, and it's not something that Alex Jones can monetize,

Alex Jones might not be to monetize it, but going by my woo-loving aunt, there were lots of pseudoscience 'doctors' who were willing to prescribe it, and each one was willing to announce that, in their own independent study, it totally worked. (If you dug, their 'study' would be 'I gave this to 20 people and it didn't kill them'.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Dec 8, 2020

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Karma Comedian posted:

Is there a thread for them as well?

I wish there was but I don't think many people are willing to wade through that cesspool

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Alctel posted:

I wish there was but I don't think many people are willing to wade through that cesspool

I post some of them here occasionally

Currently they're telling themselves this:

quote:

CHILL PEDES!! WE ARE GOOD. SCOTUS DENIED PA GOP EXPLANATION: An injunctive relief is ONLY granted if there are no other legal options available. Certification is only the beginning of the litigation process. So this decision was expected and is meaningless. Texas suit is the game changer.
posted 45 minutes ago by Honestabee +216 / -0
SCOTUS DENIED PA GOP EXPLANATION: An injunctive relief is ONLY granted if there are no other legal options available. Certification is only the beginning of the litigation process. So this decision was expected and is meaningless. Texas suit is the game changer. THIS IS NOT A DOOMER RULING.

The Texas case is now the real case (for the past two weeks or so, the PA case has been the real case whenever they've lost a lawsuit, but no matter).

Won't be long before "Biden's inauguration is the real beginning of the litigation process! We have them right where we want them!"

Edit: Let's look at some more desperate coping:

quote:

STFU DOOMERS TX CASE WAS TAKEN. SCOTUS WILL INCLUDE PA

quote:

PA IS PART OF THE TX CASE SCOTUS DOESN'T NEED 1 MILLION CASES

quote:

Consolidated, pure, redpill suppository delivered FREEDOM

quote:

if we were getting hosed it wouldn't have been 9-0

thomas would have ruled with us at the very least

"Please don’t shoot the messenger" needs to be prefixed before any dose of reality at thedonald

quote:

Please don’t shoot the messenger, but the nature of the filing meant it was automatically docketed - no decision has been made on the claim yet in one way or another, and there was never a chance to ‘decline’ to put it on the docket.

quote:

TEXAS CASE HAS STANDING DOOMERS DOOO DOOOO DOOM!!!

One of their faves of course

quote:

“The tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” - Thomas Jefferson

The REAL case is still pending

quote:

Reddit is out in full force today. Texas v. PA far more important than Kelly v. PA. Doomers get hosed

This pessimism will not be tolerated

quote:

MAGA1775 -1 points 1 hour ago +8 / -9
The Texas case is the same exact thing as the PA case. Why would they reject one case and not reject the other if they are the same?

I'm tired of the loving goal posts moving. Its clear SCOTUS is corrupted and not going to do poo poo.

quote:

Shut up fag

Crossing the Rubicon is a favorite of theirs now. They had a thread a few weeks back where they were all fantasizing about Trump as Caesar, and how democracy is kinda lame anyway we need an empire, gently caress yeah

quote:

President Trump.

It's time to cross the Rubicon. The tree of liberty is wilting, and needs to be watered.

quote:

IF YOU DONT SMELL GUNPOWDER BURNING OR HEAR GUNFIRE FALL SILENT THEN WE HAVENT LOST ANYTHING :)

"This seems bad please tell me it's not"

quote:

Somebody give me some good spin on this plz

quote:

So injunctive relief means stopping something from happening while you make the case that it’s illegal and shouldn’t happen. They said no. That doesn’t mean they won’t ultimately hear the case, just that they don’t feel they need to pause it because they can roll it back later and feel like they have plenty of time.

"Tossing the result of one state would be too political, unlike tossing the results of four states"

quote:

It's probably ok because Supreme Court can't risk make a political decision. I'm hoping they take the Texas case instead.

It's fine. Don't ask me why or how

quote:

A lot of stupid people in this thread.

loving relax. This is FINE.

quote:

WHAT SUPREME COURT IS THIS?

WHICH JUSTICE WAS IT?! WAS IT ROBERTS OR KAVANAUGH?

Noted legal genius Alan Dershowitz told me this case was solid!!

quote:

This one shocks me honestly. This is the one that even Dershowitz said was solid. But hey, they are going to look at the now multi-state case initiated by TX

HappyHippo fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Dec 9, 2020

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

HappyHippo posted:

The Texas case is now the real case (for the past two weeks or so, the PA case has been the real case whenever they've lost a lawsuit, but no matter).

Won't be long before "Biden's inauguration is the real beginning of the litigation process! We have them right where we want them!"

Someone made this joke in the polliwonks thread (The first one) and I wanna repeat it now.

We are in for four years of mirror universe #resistance twitter :allears:

Every day freep is going to repeat that This THIS scandal will be the one that sees Biden impeached and in jail forever, saving America from facismcommunism

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Biden will probably not lose a couple of electoral votes the way Trump did, either, so technically he will have a higher score than Donald despite a similar state-by-state total.

I assume the Texas case is a giant fart entitled Ken Paxton's Audition For Trump's Fry Boy (Mar-a-Lago Edition)

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Yeah there's no way Dem voters are gonna vote for someone other than Biden, the weirdness around Biden becoming president resides entirely among the far right. The republican party as a whole wasn't totally happy with Trump winning at the time. Cruz said to vote your conscience, remember.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
I built a basic web scraper to build a timeseries of freep's donation scoreboard. Today I noticed that donations reported flatlined. Knowing that their target is now $88,000 a quarter I thought surely my lovely code was broken! Nope, turns out that they've hit their target.

freepathon: $89,267
donation scoreboard: $81,277.50

Admittedly I don't have data back that far so I'm not sure if this is normal, but it's definitely raising my eyebrows. Maybe they didn't update their excel sheet yet?

I have a NUC I never turn off so I'll just leave it running and we'll see!

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
Does the scoreboard include recurring donations? When things start to plateau jimrob adds them to the freepathon in order to get it over the line.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Guavanaut posted:

No, he was literally looking at this poster before he said that poo poo:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah but the 'Trump is actually a very smart medical genius and wouldn't suggest the world's dumbest poo poo' take on it was that he was talking about UV therapy, it just got quickly forgotten and went back to HCQ = magic.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
The obvious guess is that he or a connection had money in a company involved with HCQ. Seems like a grift that got way too public and they kinda just leaned into it. Then the normalisation phenomenon happened and no one cares that the president of the US just made up poo poo about a drug, and got even more people killed.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Here's a lighthearted story posted to freep:

Son Invents App To Stop Father With PTSD From Having Night Terrors. Now, It's Available To All Veterans

and of course someone took it in a racist direction.

quote:

To: Eddie01
his dreams took him back to Fallujah.

Which Fallujah ? There's one in Michigan too, probably scarier than the one in Iraq.
7 posted on 12/9/2020, 1:47:35 PM by libh8er

YouTube bans videos claiming 2020 presidential election fraud

quote:

To: Anti-Bubba182

And what happens when SCOTUS takes Biden’s victory away?

2 posted on 12/9/2020, 1:22:45 PM by Safrguns

quote:

If the election *is* overturned, I think that YouTube’s decision qualifies as treasonous.

11 posted on 12/9/2020, 1:33:05 PM by Kriggerel ("All great truths are hard and bitter, but lies... are sweeter than wild honey" (Ragnar Redbeard))

quote:

When do the gulags open? Where will they be located? In Oregon?

We lost freedom of speech several years ago. The government willingly allows private businesses to persecute us for our thoughts.

14 posted on 12/9/2020, 1:38:11 PM by I want the USA back (I fear my government much much more than a virus from china.)

Freep's collective underwear are in a bunch because
Ilhan Omar selling vulgar T-shirts that say 'F*** around and find out'

quote:

To: SJackson

That stupid Muzzie is plagiarizing a conservative slogan.

8 posted on 12/9/2020, 1:27:43 PM by Ajnin (Don't be a pansy, embrace the fireball.)

quote:

Seditious fifth columnist.

What nation did she pledge loyalty to as she was sworn in?

16 posted on 12/9/2020, 1:31:46 PM by a fool in paradise (Who built the cages, Joe?)

quote:

Listen honey, you’re talking to patriots here. We’ve put TONS of scum bags into the dirt who talked the same bs. We’ll do the same to you, you little worm.

30 posted on 12/9/2020, 2:02:49 PM by jmacusa (If we're all equal how is diversity our strength?)

And of course a bunch of comments about her being married to her brother or female-circumcised

Finally, Freep proves the adage that even a stopped clock is right twice a day
Here's a list of crimes on LA's new DA's do-not-prosecute list

quote:

As of Tuesday, many misdemeanor cases will be declined or dismissed prior to arraignment unless "factors for considerations" exist. The list of offenses includes trespassing, disturbing the peace, a minor in possession of alcohol, driving without a license, driving with a suspended license, making criminal threats, drug and paraphernalia possession, being under the influence of a controlled substance, public intoxication, loitering to commit prostitution and resisting arrest.

quote:

I’m frankly quite happy that “resisting arrest” is no longer being prosecuted as a stand-alone charge by an increasing number of district attorneys including a few Republicans.

In the absence of a charge justifying an arrest why should anyone be arrested at all?

Most of the time you see this charge on its own it’s what’s called a “contempt of cop” charge where a cop is 100% wrong on why they stopped someone and instead of letting it go they come up with a BS charge just to harass someone.

Taking video of the police? You’re resisting arrest.

Refusing to let the police enter and search your house without a warrant? You’re resisting arrest.

The cops mistake you for someone else and they attack you and beat the sh!t out of you before they discover they have the wrong person? You’re resisting arrest.

Legally carrying a firearm in a Democrat controlled town and the police stop you and illegally seize your firearm? You’re resisting arrest.

Yeah, I’m glad this particular charge is getting tossed out. It’s long overdue.

10 posted on 12/9/2020, 1:22:49 PM by MeganC (There is nothing feminine about feminism. )

Of course, Freep goes back to being Freep

quote:

Murder of a young woman walking with her father would be one of the crimes not to be prosecuted. Kate Steinle was murdered by an illegal alien in San Francisco and the then city prosecutor George Gascon failed to get a conviction.

13 posted on 12/9/2020, 1:32:49 PM by artichokegrower (I )

quote:

To: artichokegrower
And the murderer still breathes..

If I was her Dad...he would be room temp.
23 posted on 12/09/2020 11:00:59 AM PST by Osage Orange (TRUMP!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies ]

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

quote:

I want the USA back (I fear my government much much more than a virus from china.)

Who wrote this song and what was the album called?

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

raminasi posted:

Does the scoreboard include recurring donations? When things start to plateau jimrob adds them to the freepathon in order to get it over the line.
Ah I think you're right, that seems to sorta make sense. I was only tracking the receipts:

Today's freepathon total is: $90,431
Dashboard's Receipts + Total Monthlies at the instant I ran the query: $96,004.20

I guess it'll get up there eventually given how early in the month it is 🤷‍♂️. This made me wonder when Social Security benefits go out and there is a public schedule. It looks like it is mostly dispersed on Wednesdays so I'll have to figure out what pandas wizardry will show me that pattern 😂

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

kik2dagroin posted:

Ah I think you're right, that seems to sorta make sense. I was only tracking the receipts:

Today's freepathon total is: $90,431
Dashboard's Receipts + Total Monthlies at the instant I ran the query: $96,004.20

I guess it'll get up there eventually given how early in the month it is 🤷‍♂️. This made me wonder when Social Security benefits go out and there is a public schedule. It looks like it is mostly dispersed on Wednesdays so I'll have to figure out what pandas wizardry will show me that pattern 😂

As far as I can remember they've stated their quarterly operating expenses at 90Kish without any supporting documentation.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Zwabu posted:

As far as I can remember they've stated their quarterly operating expenses at 90Kish without any supporting documentation.

Perhaps Freep and SA have more in common than we'd like to admit...

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Safety Dance posted:

quote:

And what happens when SCOTUS takes Biden’s victory away?

2 posted on 12/9/2020, 1:22:45 PM by Safrguns

Inadvertently admitting Biden did indeed win. Love it.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Sarcastro posted:

Inadvertently admitting Biden did indeed win. Love it.

Freep has been more (admittedly dejectedly) realistic about that. Some still hold out hope but they all know where things are going at some level.

TD, on the other hand, such speech ist verboten.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
"Legally carrying a firearm in a Democrat controlled town and the police stop you and illegally seize your firearm? You’re resisting arrest."

Really want to know this freeper's opinion on the murder of Philando Castile.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

"Legally carrying a firearm in a Democrat controlled town and the police stop you and illegally seize your firearm? You’re resisting arrest."

Probably along the lines of "He was a Black and he deserved it because he was Probably No Angel"

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Probably along the lines of "He was a Black and he deserved it because he was Probably No Angel"

You'd be shocked. A surprising number of freepers will break ranks if someone is unlawfully imprisoned or killed vis a vis the second amendment.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

If you ask most of them about any individual case they will say it was bad and wrong

And 5 seconds later they will be complaining about urban ferals and commie protesters and having violent fantasies about killing libs

They feel no need to reconcile anything like this

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

That's because everything in that sort of worldview comes down to individual actions rather than an interplay between the individual and society. One can justify a system like the police and also decry individual cases because in those cases, it's just the individual cop causing a problem, not all cops.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Mantis42 posted:

Reagan was Trump if he was molded by 50s television rather than reality TV and tabloids. His personality didn't turn off all the squeamish suburban voters who flipped on Trump because of how rude he is. That and his administration was filled with a higher level of grifter, the guys who built the rightwing media machine, instead of suspiciously moist freaks like Rudy. Steve Bannon was the closest Trump world ever got to the Reagan calibre of talent, and they fired him.

"Suspiciously moist freak" is now my new favorite term to describe Trump's stooges with. It somehow applies so well to all of them!

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Minenfeld! posted:

That's because everything in that sort of worldview comes down to individual actions rather than an interplay between the individual and society. One can justify a system like the police and also decry individual cases because in those cases, it's just the individual cop causing a problem, not all cops.

Exactly

In fact, the cop was probably a secret liberal

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Free goes back and forth on cops, they like the riot/shoot black aspects of them but literally hate everything else about them because they interfer with our freedoms.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

RagnarokAngel posted:

So what do you suggest doing about it? If you genuinely think this is an issue then I figure you must have a plan right?

Gun up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm not sure that statistically that is very effective at preventing firearm homicides, alas.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

OwlFancier posted:

I'm not sure that statistically that is very effective at preventing firearm homicides, alas.

I'd say that I have about one chance in 1000 of stopping a mass shooter with my pistol because I'm certainly going to be caught offguard and hilariously outgunned.

That having been said, one idiot with a pistol stopping a mass shooting is a jackoff fantasy for right-wing shitheads. But a group of people who all own weapons can protect a much larger gathering and intimidate the hell out of chuds.

Last time Redneck Revolt showed up in full battle-rattle thedonald was reduced to pretending that it was all airsoft because the idea of armed leftists frightens them.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Chuds go full :umberto: at the idea that people who don’t agree with might have ever touched a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

These fat online larpers aren’t going to do anything. Posting is their outlet for airing grievances with other terminally online boomers who have been saying the communists are taking over the country for decades now. If the government came to take their guns they’d hand them over easily them go post about how unfair this is