Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

I mean movies are 24 FPS, its probably just a movie filter that is mandatory for when it rains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For what it's worth, it's not like this is the only game out there to perform poorly on last gen consoles. A lot of the AAA titles in the last year or two ran horribly on these consoles.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Yoked posted:

I also have a GTX 960 but am prepared to get a refund if it runs like poo poo (it probably will).

I had a 960 4gb for a long time and it holds up pretty well. I mean, medium setting will probably look decent enough on this and as good as what a game the 960 could run on ultra. poo poo I ran the witcher 3 on max settings except for like one or two with a 960 just fine.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

No Mods No Masters posted:

The most useful thing in the skillup review was the revelation to not go into crafting. Almost fell for it this time, nice try CDPR !

The good thing is he did a trap build and it didn't hurt really hurt his gameplay experience. Like it didn't make him eat poo poo in combat or quest progression to just spam crafting upgrades.

e: Like the skill system is overly complicated IMO, but also it's also looking kind of mistake-resistant so early decisions don't really doom you later in the game.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 9, 2020

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

smoobles posted:

Wow it got pushed back to April of 2031

that sucks

Laughed at this dumb joke :v:

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

The most useful thing in the skillup review was the revelation to not go into crafting. Almost fell for it this time, nice try CDPR !

Did they say it didn't make anything meaninful? I love crafting and hope it isn't completely garbage.

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
I think I will go for a full swimming build

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Claes Oldenburger posted:

Did they say it didn't make anything meaninful? I love crafting and hope it isn't completely garbage.

It both didn't make anything meaningful compared to what was dropping and didn't have a well balanced economy for parts for being able to make stuff in the first place. Possibly he didn't really understand how upgrading existing gear vs crafting new gear worked, but there were still many warning signs. Seems like something to go into on a later playthrough after some patches when they have fully balanced the economy of the game IMO

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
^^ Based on other reviews, crafting seems way better for upgrading existing gear you like the look of vs. building entire Legendary items from scratch.

singateco posted:

I think I will go for a full swimming build

Environmental Training supremacy lol :awesomelon:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

It's a video that indicates this is a pc / next gen consoles game, that plays decently enough on Xbox X / Ps4 Pro , and that should be ignored in the old, base consoles.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Didn't watch the vid, why is crafting bad?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Claes Oldenburger posted:

several other reviewers said crafting is good and produces very powerful weapons

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

exquisite tea posted:

Was this you?

No.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

fwiw jeff from giant bomb also was down on crafting, said the whole system felt really superfluous.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
probably still going to buy this on pc in it's nebulous state cuz I'm bored lmao

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

The build tips video posted earlier talks about how earning perks by using skills from one tree can be spent on any tree, so it sounds like it's a great idea to at least pick up passive perks from trees you're not focused on. Stuff like perks that trigger when you kill things and the auto-disassemble junk perk seem like they're just free perk exp.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ray Tracing on Consoles basically. You can choose between "Looks pretty" and "Stable framerate" as seems to be the standard for what we've seen with Ray Tracing on the new consoles.

Edit: For what it's worth - it's not just a Cyberpunk problem, its been that way for every new gen game with ray tracing.

Edit 2: Some people in the video comments are also saying the glitchy effects are your character also coming down from a future cyberdrug - braindance.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 9, 2020

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

Ray Tracing on Consoles basically. You can choose between "Looks pretty" and "Stable framerate" as seems to be the standard for what we've seen with Ray Tracing on the new consoles.

There is no raytracing on the console versions right now, maybe there will be in the nextgen versions but those are launching next year

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I’m confused, RT would only be available on next gen consoles and that patch isn’t out till next year I thought?
E: beaten

I think the real question isn’t the performance it’s why does it look like the matrix is glitching out

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Was posted a few pages a go but Uplink was a great game.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

dex_sda posted:

fwiw jeff from giant bomb also was down on crafting, said the whole system felt really superfluous.

we already covered him having bad takes a few pages ago or w/e

but it is the guy who gave RDR2 a score of 2/5

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

it looks like crafting is also used for making quickhacks too tho

e: and grenades and consumables...

rap music fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 9, 2020

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Has anyone stated what the difference between normal and hard is? Anything more meaningful than damage and health inflation?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Are quickhacks consumable? Or is being able to craft them just about the rarity?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

:tinfoil: Convenient that there isn't enough money in the game to be able to buy the top end cars, wouldn't want to see how bad the consoles would struggle at higher top speeds

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Nuts and Gum posted:

I’m confused, RT would only be available on next gen consoles and that patch isn’t out till next year I thought?
E: beaten

I think the real question isn’t the performance it’s why does it look like the matrix is glitching out

They were saying in the youtube comments that its an effect that happens when you're coming down off of cyberdrugs

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

DeathSandwich posted:

They were saying in the youtube comments that its an effect that happens when you're coming down off of cyberdrugs

Oh! That’s really cool 😎

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

:tinfoil: Convenient that there isn't enough money in the game to be able to buy the top end cars, wouldn't want to see how bad the consoles would struggle at higher top speeds

I'm all for this. A game that gives you hard limits to you choices so you never get to a point where money is disposable trash. You can buy a super rare and really powerful weapon OR a fancy new car both not both.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Yoked posted:

I also have a GTX 960 but am prepared to get a refund if it runs like poo poo (it probably will).

Remember to download the newest drivers.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/stevenstrom/status/1336728669633572869

Massive cock build confirmed

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

exquisite tea posted:

Was this you?

i hate these stupid dicks, like its one thing to laugh at the small amount of super weirdos on twitter/era/etc who legit think this game will cause murders and anyone who plays it is an evil reactionary but this is an actual problem that does actually gently caress with peoples brains. i know its because this dudes one of those over sensitive reactionary types but god i wish they would grow a brain or at least some empathy.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
According to the Nvidia GeForce Experience app I can run cyberpunk 2077 at *check notes* 720p with everything set to low...this should be hilarious to try out.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

That explains the glitchy effects but it's still running at 20fps :barf:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

smoobles posted:

I never played the first two

Honestly Penis 3 was very disappointing, it was just too casualized.
Everyone knows these games are at their best when they are long and hard.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

Was this you?

lol

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

rap music posted:

this is too much

yeah. like i want to build a blade/pistol/long gun with charisma build. and this just melts my brain.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

10/10

Still no patch on Steam, can't wait to download it in 2 hours as the servers predictably crash

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if only the employees crunched harder and understood the prestige for working for such a great company that was known for their magic instead of pay or good working conditions then maybe they would have hit their original release window

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i hate these stupid dicks, like its one thing to laugh at the small amount of super weirdos on twitter/era/etc who legit think this game will cause murders and anyone who plays it is an evil reactionary but this is an actual problem that does actually gently caress with peoples brains. i know its because this dudes one of those over sensitive reactionary types but god i wish they would grow a brain or at least some empathy.

considering the game is rated m, you either have to be 17 or older to buy it, or have your parents buy it for you

how do you make it to 17 without realizing maybe you should stay away from videogames and need a warning every time you boot up said game(s)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is kinda ugly on xbox