Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifter
Nov 28, 2003
I owe Crowley a beer!

SimonChris posted:

Sam & Max: Freelance Police

Posting Sam & Max is indeed cheating, but drat my eyes, I have not seen that second image before. Where is that from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Darthemed posted:

The Thing! #3 (1952)

"How do you spell your name again, Caddy?"
"It's 'Cay-dee.' C-A-D-Y."
"Yeah, I'm gonna call you Caddy."

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Is posting non-Sam & Max Steve Purcell also cheating?

(you can actually read the "Toybox" stories, all two of them, on Purcell's old blog)

Selachian fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 10, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

There's something about the way Sam and Max are drawn, you could have them saying "good morning" and it'd be hilarious.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
From the Deadpool: Samurai manga.
https://mangadex.org/title/58708/deadpool-samurai

Faced with a seemingly insurmountable threat, Deadpool resorts to his secret weapon.

The scanlators follow it up by putting the credits page right after.

skaianDestiny fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 10, 2020

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

SilverSupernova posted:

Is it really considered cheating compared to most of the other comics we end up posting in here.

From Sam & Max: Surfing the Highway

drat, and here I thought I'd never find a sentiment I'd ever want to indelibly etch into my body.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I'm both disappointed and relieved that Google didn't find any real person with that tat.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #112

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Shifter posted:

Posting Sam & Max is indeed cheating, but drat my eyes, I have not seen that second image before. Where is that from?

An original strip Purcell Drew for the packaging of the figures that came out last month.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Bruceski posted:

There's something about the way Sam and Max are drawn, you could have them saying "good morning" and it'd be hilarious.

If it was really Sam and Max it would be accompanied by the image of them jumping on and beating up a random terrorist or census taker.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Adventures into the Unknown #59 (1954)

From Beyond the Unknown #11 (1971)

Damage Control #2 (1989)

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 11 (1998)

Mr. & Mrs. X #2 (2018)

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Inkspot posted:

The way the third panel is drawn makes it look like Donatello is grabbing Mona and has a crazed look in his eyes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So somewhere along the way in the IDW verse did a lot of humans get randomly turned into mutants or something

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Inkspot posted:

I'm not that familiar with the new comics, is Donny just messing with Mona here or has some really weird poo poo been happening in the TMNT continuity as of late?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

site posted:

So somewhere along the way in the IDW verse did a lot of humans get randomly turned into mutants or something

The leader of the mutanimals thought the best way to advance mutant rights was to turn a bunch of humans into mutants with a mutagen bomb. This led to mutants becoming undeniable public knowledge and the creation of a mutant ghetto. This is a pretty recent development that happened after the fall of the Foot clan and many other resolved plot threads.

Larryb posted:

I'm not that familiar with the new comics, is Donny just messing with Mona here or has some really weird poo poo been happening in the TMNT continuity as of late?

It's the latter. This version of the TMNT is reincarnated from a family in feudal Japan, which makes Hamato Yoshi and Shredder's backstory a lot less anachronistic. Aside from blending in elements from every version of the TMNT (eg Bebop and Rocksteady, the fugitoid) the IDW comics also have their own original lore and cosmology that's really interesting. Just as an example, the reason Raph is the angry loner in this version is because he was separated from the rest of the turtles when they got mutated and had to fend for himself for years.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Dec 10, 2020

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Larryb posted:

It's 100% continuity in the IDW TMNT.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Lurdiak posted:

Just as an example, the reason Raph is the angry loner in this version is because he was separated from the rest of the turtles when they got mutated and had to fend for himself for years.

Only a few months, but his first real interaction with humans was stopping Casey Jones' dad (the leader of the Purple Dragons) from beating on him, so he's definitely got a skewed perspective from the beginning.

Larryb posted:

A mutagen bomb went off in 98 and time skipped forward a few months in 101, but IDW TMNT is wild from the start and there are maybe a dozen kinda meh issues out of the 250 or so released.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Unless Cudley has returned, it hasn't hit peak Turtle Weirdness.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Kennel posted:

I'm both disappointed and relieved that Google didn't find any real person with that tat.

Yet.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

site posted:

Unless I've lost my mind and this IDW thing has been running longer than I think it has, the mutagen bomb thing has been a plot point in a few of the TMNT runs. I know the TMNT tabletop RPG went along this plot point, but i think in that (and maybe in previous things, too) it was just a plain ol' nuke.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This just reminded me that I need to pick up the last two HCs.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Journey into Mystery #26 (1955)

The Many Ghosts of Doctor Graves #29 (1971)

The Impossible Man Summer Vacation Spectacular! (1990)

Spider-Man / Marrow #1 (2001)

Gwenpool Strikes Back! #5 (2020)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

John Dyne posted:

Unless I've lost my mind and this IDW thing has been running longer than I think it has, the mutagen bomb thing has been a plot point in a few of the TMNT runs. I know the TMNT tabletop RPG went along this plot point, but i think in that (and maybe in previous things, too) it was just a plain ol' nuke.

A hypothetical future in the 2012 cartoon was a post apocalypse populated entirely by mutants as a result of a mutagen nuke.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Blue Period

The protagonist has gotten into art school; now it's time for the first day of class, and the professors are introducing the whole thing. (Read right to left.)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Detective Eye #2 (1940)

House of Mystery #25 (1954)

The Defenders #11 (1973)

Damage Control #3 (1990)

The Amazing Spider-Man Family #1 (2008)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Darthemed posted:

House of Mystery #25 (1954)

Man, the economy's rough right now if Satan is having to do street magic.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Has She-Hulk and Gwenpool met? I feel like they could commiserate about being written by dudes

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Heroes at Home is a fun little out-of-canon book that shows how various Marvel heroes are coping with being locked down during COVID. Here's a vignette starring Venom:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Heroes at Home is a fun little out-of-canon book that shows how various Marvel heroes are coping with being locked down during COVID. Here's a vignette starring Venom:

Venom is Cowboy Henk now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm 100% certain that the symbiote recycles his poop.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
So far we have:
Flash: poops in the Speed Force
Venom: poops in the symbiote

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhyno posted:

I'm 100% certain that the symbiote recycles his poop.

Webbing isn't created out of thin air.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Uthor posted:

So far we have:
Flash: poops in the Speed Force
Venom: poops in the symbiote

Beyonder: we haven't been shown, but however he does it, it's how Peter Parker taught him

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Where do you think all those other universes came from

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Annihilus also poops in Peter Parker's toilet.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Beyonder: we haven't been shown, but however he does it, it's how Peter Parker taught him

I also shout The Experience Is Consummated! After my poops

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Was it Mechanical Webshooters Peter Parker or Organic And Anatomically Correct For A Spider Webshooters Peter Parker?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Was it Mechanical Webshooters Peter Parker or Organic And Anatomically Correct For A Spider Webshooters Peter Parker?

Wait, there's a version where he shoots them out of his rear end (or possibly mouth)?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

There's a Venture Brothers character that shoots webs out of his lower back but I'm not aware of any version of Spider-Man that shoots rear end webs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Larryb posted:

Wait, there's a version where he shoots them out of his rear end (or possibly mouth)?