Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Speedscan is out, but only a coward would read it.

Which members of the student council would read speedscans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Fujiwara and Ishigami read speedscans openly, Miko reads them secretly. Kaguya and Shirogane agonize over the spoilers until the good translation comes out.

Hayasaca writes the manga.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Miko absolutely does not read speedscans.

She doesn't read scans at all.

E: She probably does check the spoilers though.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Xelkelvos posted:

Speedscan is out, but only a coward would read it.
Speed scans are in fact the best way to read any series, if there's anything you dislike you can chalk it up to translation errors

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Miko talks about how she waits for the good scans, but doesn't let anyone see her phone when speedscans come out.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Miko only buys volumes because scans are illegal and don't support the writer!

However, she religiously checks the spoilers anyway.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Hello, I am a cowards who is excited about a new set of supporting cast members

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Senerio posted:

Fujiwara and Ishigami read speedscans openly, Miko reads them secretly. Kaguya and Shirogane agonize over the spoilers until the good translation comes out.

Ishigami would duck out of the thread once spoilers are mentioned, and only return after the official release.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Senerio posted:

Fujiwara openly reads speedscans and spoils stuff. Ishigami reads them too, but is polite enough to keep his mouth shut usually. Kaguya waits for the official, licensed release.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
For those we were brave enough to wait

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Well done to those with the courage to wait

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it's him

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dabir posted:

it's him

I know!

Shindou Watanabe!

You know it's going to be good with him there!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hell yeah time for Shindou!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Things are getting spicy again!!

Not that they haven't ever been

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Shindou immediately made me think of Funky Student.

I love him already.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Dec 10, 2020

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

It's about drat time.

I'm so happy Shindou has finally entered into the story!

Now things are gonna get really interesting. :getin:

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
This chapter really had that "entering the final arc" feel... you don't bring in characters like Shindou unless you're going to pay off years of planning.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
"It's Shindou Watanabe!"
Me, no clue who that is: "Holy poo poo it's Shindou Watanabe!"

Jokes aside, I wonder what made Mikado change his mind on attending Shuuchin. I liked the theory posted earlier that he wanted to dodge the rich-family bullshit and play soccer with the boys.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The war criminal principal said that he stacked 3-A with people who were going to support Kaguya in her transition to going external, so Mikado is definitely going to support in that area. I'm excited to see how he interacts with Shirogane

also, Ishigami getting a warm reception was so nice

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
He sure doesn't emit the same aura as he did in the India chapter.

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

ChronoReverse posted:

It's hard to see him as any kind of threat when his only other appearance was his sister kicking his rear end. I guess it's the IMAGINED threat that's the problem.

I'd also like to point out that while Karen's stated reason for switching tracks is on-character, I don't believe either Erika or Karen would be anything other than paralyzed by delight at getting into Kaguya's class. They should probably have been on the floor the entire chapter. Learn to write for your own characters properly, Aka you hack.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

MikeSevigny posted:

It's hard to see him as any kind of threat when his only other appearance was his sister kicking his rear end. I guess it's the IMAGINED threat that's the problem.

I'd also like to point out that while Karen's stated reason for switching tracks is on-character, I don't believe either Erika or Karen would be anything other than paralyzed by delight at getting into Kaguya's class. They should probably have been on the floor the entire chapter. Learn to write for your own characters properly, Aka you hack.

They've been developing their resistance. The spinoff still hasn't made it through the school festival yet.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Karen already died and rose again. That's worth +1 to all party resistances

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I have largely been lurking these forums for the last six months, but this chapter has brought me back. At long last, Shindou is here, and I am loving hyped.

Let's go Aka-sensei.

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Have we heard of Hifumi Abe a first year? Given the trend is it safe to say there was a Hifumi Abe in the tale of princess kaguya?

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

This is like seeing a low-grade flunky come back as a super threatening late-series enemy, except it's all in the presentation and Mikado isn't actually any more dangerous than he was previously.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Polgas posted:

Have we heard of Hifumi Abe a first year? Given the trend is it safe to say there was a Hifumi Abe in the tale of princess kaguya?

i wanna say she was the last of the "impossible girls" but i don''t remember what chapter that was brought up in and i can't muster the effort to look for it.

edit: i just googled it and i'm wrong.

double edit: i got names mixed up; i'm right, but not about the character you're talking about.

Inflammatory fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Dec 15, 2020

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

New chapter.

All hail the Boyfucker Emperor.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CandyCrazy posted:

New chapter.

All hail the Boyfucker Emperor.

And it's not a fanciful or creative translation. The original Japanese for this panel is literally Boi Fakaru in katakana.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Mikado is a good boy :3:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Oh I see, this is the additional card that Miyuki will need to get through the battle royale. And the introduction worked so well too ahaha.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If Shindou was just needed for that gag then that is perfect

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

What a good lad

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, you'd have to in order to deal with someone like Maki as a sister. Poor Boyfucker.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Some Season 2 BD Special Booklet Manga Extras! https://mangadex.org/chapter/1151074

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
https://guya.moe/read/manga/Kaguya-Wants-To-Be-Confessed-To/213/1/

It's been a while since Kaguya went full :black101: mode

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just a big ol room of friggin dorks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion

Aka has started drawing her eyes like her brother’s now. I’m glad they haven’t forgotten Kaguya’s capacity for evil, even if it’s just as a joke.