Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

can't wait for my state issued gallon of milk a week ration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

kecske posted:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

EvilHawk posted:

Absolutely love how Keith has been in power for nearly a year and we still don't know what he stands for.

Are we absolutely sure he exists and is not just a marionette

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

EvilHawk posted:

Absolutely love how Keith has been in power for nearly a year and we still don't know what he stands for.
Sure we do. Expelling left-wingers for "antisemitism".

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/paulburston/status/1337313829978509312?s=21

bleak lol

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

As I said earlier on page 53.
A mixture of arrogance, English Exceptionalism and Jingoistic Xenophobia from the top down.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Instead of eating avacado toast and broccoli next year, how about we just eat the rich.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Worth remembering this imo

https://twitter.com/RaoulRuparel/status/1337349569366159360?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Regret to inform you all that awful person J.K. Rowling is at it again, claiming that most people support her in private but are "afraid of vicious, pro-equality advocates."

I wish I lived in her world where transphobes were meek and mild and apologetic and mobs of advocates roamed the streets viciously enforcing equality.

All my friends are just out of frame, TERFing too.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Angepain posted:

90% of emails agree with me! yeah, who would bother emailing jk rowling to tell her you don't agree with her, what's she going to do, change her mind
I thought she was constantly hounded by pro-equality hate trolls

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Let's just take a look at how the virus is doing

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
who could possibly have seen this coming, from the man absolutely noted for his diplomatic skill and tact in choosing suitable Kipling quotes for every occasion

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Let's just take a look at how the virus is doing

What's this actually measuring? Is Porthcawl actually more dangerous than Cardiff, or is per capita measuring and/or availability of hospital beds screwing things up?

Got a bit of a domestic situation going on wrt gf's family in London & am finding it a bit hard to believe London's actually "safer" than South Wales in any real sense

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

BBC posted:

Mr Johnson, who has been pressing for a deal similar to the one the EU finalised a deal with Canada in 2017, has said he couldn't accept the UK remaining "locked" into the EU's legal system, or being punished if it diverged from EU standards.

LMBO I mean yeah that would make any trade deal difficult.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/adamparsons/status/1337334714424840192?s=21

bleaker lol

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
starting to get the impression that this brexit thing might have been a bad idea

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/AntonJaegermm/status/1337104167664562178?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

this confirms it imo

https://twitter.com/trouwschmidt/status/1337354111331790848?s=20

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Private Speech posted:

LMBO I mean yeah that would make any trade deal difficult.
they are absolutely delusional. you don't get this special kind of brain without Eton, Oxford, and a steady diet of books called It's Not The Size That Matters: How Britain Dominated The Globe, And Will Again

^^ also lol at effectively, "please do some work. please. for once in your worthless existence"

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
This loving dunce government.

They have been so used to playing to the benches and playing at divide and rule that when they come up against folks united in loving wanting something they collapse like a damp loving cake.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

CGI Stardust posted:

they are absolutely delusional. you don't get this special kind of brain without Eton, Oxford, and a steady diet of books called It's Not The Size That Matters: How Britain Dominated The Globe, And Will Again

^^ also lol at effectively, "please do some work. please. for once in your worthless existence"

I wonder if he's ever read the CETA an executive summary of the EU Canada trade agreement because that has enforcement and standard provisions throughout, not to mention that it forced Canada to open up its waters for fishing.

Much to the chagrin of Canadian fishermen:

express.co.uk: EU fisheries snub: How Canada raged at bloc's trade deal - 'We will lose fish and jobs!'

e: added a link to the express as a bonus, rather than a dry quote

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Dec 11, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

canadian fishermen are massive cunts who are currently killing huge numbers of fish purely to stop indigenous canadians from using their rights to fish

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...3d61_story.html

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Ah well you see, by travelling to all those capitals and seeing leaders individually, he can set them all against each other... erm... not.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Remember when he already tried that, & everyone he visited politely told him to do one

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Borrovan posted:

Remember when he already tried that, & everyone he visited politely told him to do one

“Well I’ve tried that and I’m fresh out of ideas now!”

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/SholaGianfranco/status/1337381277318713344?s=20

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
What's a website where I can watch the £ crashing in real time?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

keep punching joe posted:

What's a website where I can watch the £ crashing in real time?

https://www.currencies.co.uk/live-exchangerates/

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Jose posted:

Who wants to eat egg and tomato wtf

Egg and pickles is good though, or egg with some Kalles:

(think of this as scandinavian marmite)

kecske posted:

That's really a small amount to go a whole week on.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

His Divine Shadow posted:

Egg and pickles is good though, or egg with some Kalles:

(think of this as scandinavian marmite)

That's really a small amount to go a whole week on.

Kaviar! Posh git.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

But this can work if timed correctly and done in the right way.

The EU gets its mandate from the European Council, so if you can influence its membership you can get what you want at the next meeting but this can never be seen to be or called negotiation as I understand it.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Josef bugman posted:

This loving dunce government.

They have been so used to playing to the benches and playing at divide and rule that when they come up against folks united in loving wanting something they collapse like a damp loving cake.

Them collapsing seems like it would actually be the desirable, positive outcome. What they're actually doing is continuing to bake their poo poo filled burnt mess of a cake loving up the national oven forever.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I think the plan from the Tories was, and to an extent still is, to play brinksmanship and signal that you’re totally willing to commit national suicide and have no deal so that you hold the upper hand in negotiations. So it’s them trying to attract us not to do a terrible thing for everyone, instead of us begging for scraps to keep our country afloat.

However, I also think that a lifetime of propaganda, and ramping up in intensity over the last few years, has been swallowed by the idiots in charge, and every day the thoughts of “you know what, we SHOULD do no deal, Britannia rules the waves, we’ll bounce back stronger than ever, good old Blighty sneers in the face of foreign cowards, and we’re such brain geniuses we’re the perfect people to guide the country through these waters, and also our supporters will go mental if we seem to capitulate” grow stronger and stronger in what suffices for a mind in these people.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

notaspy posted:

The EU gets its mandate from the European Council, so if you can influence its membership you can get what you want at the next meeting but this can never be seen to be or called negotiation as I understand it.

It's been reported that Boris tried to phone Macron and Merkel to talk directly and they wouldn't talk to him.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

notaspy posted:

This relies on the main people in Europe not being sick to death of Boris and the Tories being a bunch of cunts all the time.
I wouldn't put money on that at the best of times.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Health and safety policies are doing my nut in.

loving Brussels. Git brexit done already, Bozza legend.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Dec 11, 2020

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Comrade Fakename posted:

I think the plan from the Tories was, and to an extent still is, to play brinksmanship and signal that you’re totally willing to commit national suicide and have no deal so that you hold the upper hand in negotiations. So it’s them trying to attract us not to do a terrible thing for everyone, instead of us begging for scraps to keep our country afloat.

However, I also think that a lifetime of propaganda, and ramping up in intensity over the last few years, has been swallowed by the idiots in charge, and every day the thoughts of “you know what, we SHOULD do no deal, Britannia rules the waves, we’ll bounce back stronger than ever, good old Blighty sneers in the face of foreign cowards, and we’re such brain geniuses we’re the perfect people to guide the country through these waters, and also our supporters will go mental if we seem to capitulate” grow stronger and stronger in what suffices for a mind in these people.

this is basically the moment where the pm realises he has to actually gently caress a pig in that Black Mirror episode, and crowds of people are going to cheer it on at the start before realising what's actually going on

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Must be 70s at the earliest, because it's in p, but the complete absence of any ½p amounts makes me think mid-80s.

Cheese sandwich at the café opposite my first "proper" job in 1989 was sold like that and cost 20p (and that was West End prices) so could even be later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

kingturnip posted:

This relies on the main people in Europe not being sick to death of Boris and the Tories being a bunch of cunts all the time.
I wouldn't put money on that at the best of times.

It occurred to me yesterday that if, somehow, the UK ended up in an EEA-style relationship with the EU, it would smooth over a lot of the upcoming problems... and then the UK would be back in Brussels in January going "so this EEA thing, do you think we could somehow have all the benefits but stop the free movement?" and flinging threats about EEAxit.

So I'm not sure the EU would go for that.